How fucked is Rick?

How fucked is Rick?

Never. Him and negan are forever.

How the fuck isnt this over yet.

I like the cover but I don't think they are going to be villains or anything like that, they are just going to prove they can run the show better the Grimes can and this is going to ruin Rick's ego to the point where it ruins Alexandria and The Commonwealth's relationship with them because Rick is a control freak.

Also
>Commonwealth
>Princess
Any thoughts on Juanita previously having a run in with them?

Because you keep fucking buying it

>175
Jesus... Jesus christ

>tfw Rick becomes the antagonist and the NWO becomes the new heroes and best hope for humanity
I can so see this happening, especially with how fucking broken Rick must be after losing Andrea

>MUH STAR WARS REFERENCE
God I hate pop culture

I subscribe to the theory Rick is losing it, I have been since the first telephone hallucination, not to mention his best people are either leaving on missions and dying or just going to other communities to settle. He's going to be mayor of a ghost town soon. I think with the threat of The Whisperers still at large Rick is going to do what he proclaimed and burn a bunch of people he suspects as being Whisperers to appease the rest of the community and get more support for himself. However the people he burns are going to turn out to be characters like Sophia and a couple other well liked ones while new faces from the crowd Rick doesn't recognize watch on. This will probably be #200

The Ohio expedition are probably going to be really nervous around the Commonwealth giving how much shit they've seen but will probably find it to be a better community than Alexandria and just stay there or at least two or three members do. I can definitely see Eugene staying and this fucks over things for Rick considering Eugene could use his science skills to become a big fish in an even bigger pond than he already is in now.

So what they gonna storm in like assholes amd try an enforce a strict government or something

What kind of place do you think The Commonwealth live in? A lot of people are speculating bunkers and shit underground but I find that idea pretty boring and cliche. Still I can't think of any other.

Better question to ask is How is this comic still going on?

Definitely think that Rick's downfall is coming soon, ending finally with his death in a few years or so, maybe for #200 with an official passing of the torch to Carl as the new main character.
At the very least I hope the NWO aren't the new big bads, how fucking predictable would it be if we meet them and they're lol so ebil. Making them a bunch of good intentioned dudes trying to piece the world back together and doing a better job of it than Rick would be a nice subversion

I just started up the show and I'm going to pick up the comic if I like how things are going. I heard the two are quite different. How much so?

Crossbow guy is show only.

I would like the idea a lot that they have honest and good intentions but haven't seen as much destruction and devastation as Rick and co have but someone like Rick being all old, decrepit and batshit insane would be like the equivalent of Rick meeting Brian/Philip for the first time when Commonwealth and Grimes finally do meet.

Is Jesus kill?

The show differs quite a bit from the comic eary on, but around season 5 they start to make things much closer to the comics. The major story arcs remain unchanged, however the characters can be radically between the two, with some characters that only appear in the comics, some characters that are only in the TV show (like Daryl), and some characters that are radically different than their TV counterpart (you will not recognize comic Carol in the slightest)

Nah, Jesus is 100% faking out Beta, Aaron might die but I did think it was pretty funny how Beta accidentally walked in on them and he was all like "I guess I can finish the job now.", Aaron I think will definitely sacrifice himself for Jesus either to get away or to get the final kill on Beta if Negan doesn't randomly show up and kill Beta himself to save Jesus.

So do you think Commonwealth are somehow connected to Ohio? I think it could be an inbetween group Eugene and co run into before reaching Stephanie, Stephanie mentioned how they have around I think it was 50 or so people but the Commonwealth have reportedly the biggest number of survivors living with them. Either Stephanie is lying about numbers to make it seem like they aren't that big of a threat and wants to give a false sense of security or Commonwealth are basically the clean up crew and soldiers while Stephanie's people do the rebuilding work.

Fucking finally! It only took like 5 years to move away from small community and into the world that can be built! This should be far more interesting than watching a bunch of random fucks survive for the nth time.

>Any thoughts on Juanita previously having a run in with them?

Probably, she might have stayed behind while the NWO rescued the survivors in her city.

I do think Rick is going to fucking crack, Kirkman has been building Rick as this guy that can do evil shit and he is finally losing it completely and it all seems to be building into something big for Rick, him antagonizing the government would be great and fitting, the absolute saviors of the apocalypse and Rick should feel nothing but resentment for them, were where they when Rick suffered so much? Its going to be so tasty to watch him crack and become the antagonist.

Been pirating since issue 48

Never look back

I think Stephanie's lying for sure or at least not telling the whole truth, if you had that big of a community it would just be stupid to divulge that kind of information. I think Ohio and the Commonwealth have gotta be related, but I don't think Steph lying means that their intentions are sinister

>It's stopped being a fucking zombie apocalypse and has become a Fallout clone.

It would have been better if he ended it with Rick dead and Carl carrying on. I hate the constant fighting among other communities, can't it just return to surviving against zombies.

>can't it just return to surviving against zombies.

There's no story there. That can fill out a 90'-minute movie, but it can't support a continuing narrative.

Would it be interesting if Commonwealth weren't infected with whatever Rick and everyone else have, how would that even change the story?

Looks like these hoesers got lucky and found some sports store and gun shop

a copy and paste narrative is not a "continuing" anything.

I stopped reading ever since the whole Negan war ended. What the fuck is this and what is happening?

I would also like to know wtf is going on

After Negan who winded up in prison and was being made to shit in a bucket Rick and everyone began fighting a new group called The Whisperers. This conflict was entirely the fault of Carl Grimes who wanted Whisper pussy, he still hasn't acknowledged that his actions ended up getting Andrea killed and everyone decimated. Negan tries being good boy Negan and is released by one of Carl's bullies who wants a war to happen between the Whisperers and Alexandria because Rick got his dad killed or something like that. Negan kills the kid with his knife then waltz into The Whisperers camp and demands membership, he tries settling into the community and even flirts with Alpha but she immediately turns down his advances. Negan eventually ends up decapitating Alpha and brings her head back to Rick and Beta, second in command, becomes pissed and just decides to unleash a massive herd of Walkers on the community. Eugene has a radio and was talking in secret with a woman supposedly from Ohio, Eugene, Michonne and three new characters are off on an expedition to meet her now. That's all that's happened since Negan.

Because it's the highest selling book not staring Batman or Star Wars. May as well ask why One Piece isn't over yet.

I've been waiting for this storyline. It was obviously going to happen eventually.
I can't wait to see Rick fuck it all up because he's not a big fish anymore

You forgot to mention the tiger.

Has Marvel's constant relaunches rotted your guys brains or something? 175 isn't even that long a run. Hellblazer went for 300 issues, Spawn and Savage Dragon are also on their way to 300

No one reads those though.

>can't it just return to surviving against zombies.

You mean like a few months ago where they have to fight off massive hordes of zombies to stop their communities from being destroyed? Or how Andrea died from a Zombie bite in said attack? At least read the comic you're moaning about

He's fine.

Stormtroopers can't aim.

It would at least give us a good scene of Rick and co double tapping some recently dead people and freaking the fuck out of the Commonwealth who don't understand why they're doing it

Thanks user

I wonder what type of society they live in but it'll be pretty interesting. I can imagine how much something like this would affect Rick psychologically since he's always seen himself as a really big fish and hot shit but to find there is a network of communities running and more stable than Alexandria and the other communities would really just probably push him off the deep end since he probably can't find a way to gain control of it.

I hate this meme and I don't even like Star Wars that much

Good post

I don't like SW either but if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

>The armour is a complete inversion to the prison armour

It's confirmed, Rick was the villain all along and Commonwealth are the good guys.

I think The Commonwealth have managed to stop the infection somehow or are lucky enough to synthesize a way to stop people turning into walkers. They've got to at least offer something promising that would want thousands of people to stay there, it's safe, secure and I think that would possibly be one of the things they have to give people to prove loyalty to them. It also feels like end game material if another community have the cure for the disease that turns you into a walker.

Its literally build on a lie though user. Leia says their escape was to easy and then tarkin says he was taking an awful risk by letting them escape. The Stormtroopers missed on purpose. I mean in the next film they absolutely wreck the rebels

I dont think they have a cure, I think its simply what was left of the military taking over the american farmlands and building a new civilization there, something far bigger than Ricks community. Ohio could be some sort of outpost to lookout for incoming groups.

They could be the same military personals who were taking the supplies from the cities then fencing it off back in Fear the Walking Dead?

More like the Commonwealth are a large military force which did what Negan did but on a larger scale. IE they have a huge chunk of territory that they got rid of all of the walkers from and restored civilization within it's confines.

It will borrow heavily from the TV show version of the Governor's community. Everything is semi-normal and shit but there being a dark underbelly of totalitarianism.

Not to mention Trumpism; I would not put it past Kirkman to go full-tilt crazy and make the new bad guys Trump/Alt-Right stand-ins. IE they have killed all minorities and trannies dead, women are basically chattel with no real rights, gays are tolerated in so far as CIS gendered gays are spared but have to wear a pink triangle everywhere and are there because they have skills needed for the community to survive (insert Kirkman attacking gays in tech like Peter Theil) and have to be even more subservient than women. And assuming the rights issues ever get cleared up, they'll probably have Daryl and Merle show up at long last as part of Not-Trump's storm troopers

We're never going to get Merle or Daryl in the comics. AMC owns them lock stock and smoking barrel and Kirkman would have to pay out the ass to use them and any of the other original characters from the TV show in the comic.

>IE they have killed all minorities and trannies dead,

One of the stormtroopers on the cover is black

This.

I'm looking forward to the new storyline.

He's in a pickle

Listen here you little shit

Implying anything past the first hundred spawn comics is good.

Bump

>they have killed all minorities and trannies dead, women are basically chattel with no real rights, gays are tolerated in so far as CIS gendered gays are spared but have to wear a pink triangle everywhere and are there because they have skills needed for the community to survive (insert Kirkman attacking gays in tech like Peter Theil) and have to be even more subservient than women
That's actually something I could see happen if civilization broke down. White supremacists would love the chance to "cleanse" the homeland of undesirables.

What? Who are these fuckheads? I thought Rick was still dealing with those whisperer faggots

EAT UP, BOYS

Yumiko a cute!

Did Kirkman just spoil the cliffhanger to #174 like he did with #172 by releasing the cover with Jesus and Beta fighting? This man has a bad habit of doing that.

You know it would be interesting if Jesus and Beta actually formed some sort of alliance, don't you think? I have no idea whether Jesus knows Beta despises Negan but I think he's going to possibly let Beta slip and go free while looking the other way if he brings Maggie Negan's head or something and will probably call it a truce if he does that. Thoughts?

Bump

yeah they really need to stop revealing the covers early.

Who cares at this point, every three or four issues end up with a shitty cliffhanger that resolves in the first five pages of the next one.

I wanna know what Negan is up to