This film series had a better track record than the MCU, and a better overall tone

This film series had a better track record than the MCU, and a better overall tone.

Only thing that can be complained about is people who hate black costumes.

No

Yes
X Men, fine
X 2, fine
X 3, ok, not nearly as bad as people make it out to be but not better than what came before it
Origins, shit only because of Deadpool, rest of the movie is good
Wolverine, boring but it's not horrible
First class, fine
Future past, fine
Logan, fine

Iron Man, fine
Iron Man 2, less fine
Iron Man 3, shit
Thor, shit
Thor 2, shit
Cap, fine
Cap 2, fine
Cap 3, fine
Hulk, okayish
Avengers, fine
Avengers 2, shit
Ant-Man, fine
Strange, shit
Gaurdians 1 and 2, shit

weak bait mate

>Origins, shit only because of Deadpool, rest of the movie is good
You're fucking mental. That piece of shit is a slog and a half.

>X-Men
Okay... Not a film that I enjoy, but okay

>X 2
Weak adaption of one of the best X-Men stories and reduces it to a Wolverine story rather than one about fighting against an evil man

>X 3
An absolute clusterfuck of the Phoenix Saga adaptation, reminding us that these films are 'Wolverine' films primarily, nothing more or less.

>Origins
Just... no. Apart from Sabretooth and Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, that film was a clusterfuck.

>Wolverine
A film about a character who has got way to much exposure and honestly is just boring at this point

>First Class
A good film for the most part.

>Future Past
An okay film.

>Apocaylpse
Complete and utter crap story with weak performances by nearly everyone except for McAvoy and Fassbender.

>Logan
A decent film, not a particularly good one story or character wise, but Jackman and Stewart's performances were fantastic.

So the meme says

the real meme is liking shit movies these days

That makes no sense no matter how you rationalize it, try harder

Ok, well you proved that point, but X-Men movies are a lot lesa and you left out 1 crappy X-Men movie and a fine MCU one.
Plus the general consensus from the big crowds and this chinese imageboard don't add up to some of your dumb opinion. You can't state a fact and back it up with your personal opinion.

X Men, fine
X Men 2, fine
X Men 3, not THAT bad, still shit
Origins Wolverine, I liked it, shlocky, but straight up garbage
First Class, fine
Wolverine, I agree but it was just alright. That's the general consensus on that.
Future Past, fine
Apocalypse, which you forgot, its alright, shlocky, but not even as fun as origins wolverine
Logan, fine

MCU:
Iron Man: Fine
Iron Man 2: shit
Iron Man 3: Mixed feelings, but it's a lot better done than 2
Hulk: alright
Thor: shit
Thor 2: shit
Cap: fine
Cap 2: fine
Cap 3: fine
Avengers: shit, fine to all else
Avengers 2: mega shit
Ant-Man and Dr. Strange: Both fine but forgettable. They were clearly not made to make bank, just new Avengers
Spider-man: Another one you forgot, which is fine
Guardians 1 and 2: Both fine. Very popular, general consensus is that it's more than fine. Personally, I think 1 sucked, but I wouldnt call it shit. 2 is probably the only MCU movie I really liked, save for one sequence in it.

>Iron Man 3: Mixed feelings, but it's a lot better done than 2
I don't know how you could possibly feel that way
>Apocalypse, which you forgot, its alright, shlocky, but not even as fun as origins wolverine
Meh, It was okayish....it was boring but not a bad movie
>Spider-man: Another one you forgot, which is fine
Garbage, only saving grace was Keatons performance

Iron Man 3 wasn't terrible, but some think so. The general consensus is either or.
I'm with you on Apocalypse.
Spider-man was fine, generally. I hated it too, as a fan of the character, but it's a solid movie. Or at least during scenes when I don't want to punch Tom Holland on the throat.

>Only thing that can be complained about is people who hate black costumes.

or the dozens and dozens and dozens of continuity errors and retcons

or that time Deadpool had his mouth sewn shut and shoots optic blasts and teleports

or like, fucking a hundred other things

the X-movies have lower lows than the MCU but its highs are higher.

and you're not getting an R-rated superhero movie from Disney

>thinks apocalypse was okay while Homecoming was garbage
the hottest garbage opinions
live from Sup Forums

That makes no sense no matter how you rationalize it, try harder

Apocalypse was ok. It was just another X-Men movie, it wasn't particularly bad nor was it particularly good.

Homecoming was the rebirth of Spider-Man as a franchise, and it failed horribly, it did not tackle any of the things that make Spider-Man stories, thus it was shit....it was a generic MCU movie aimed at kids even moreso than usual and that's all, it was a bad Spider-Man movie.

>Homecoming failed because it didn't do the same things every other Spider-Man movie did
That's stupid and you know it.

It didn't do anything that was "Spider-Man"
It did not show how an angry nerd becomes a hero, it did not show how that hero uses his intelligence and compassion as his strengths as a hero, it did not even show how that hero struggles to balance his normal life and need to fight crime

It has nothing to do with other movies, it just didn't do anything Spider-Man is supposed to represent. It could have been a Beast Boy movie for all you know or care about, any teen hero.

The action in the original X-Men movie was garbage

real garbage

like bad like bad Batman movie action, except it had no excuse, because no one was wearing a bulky headpiece or a giant cape

The second movie wasn't exactly the Raid but it at least had standard Hollywood popcorn flick quality action, with a few bits of creativity thrown in (that Nightcrawler assassination attempt was neat)

nah, they're all pretty lackluster

It would be quicker just to list what they did right

>giving the x-men more realistic uniforms (they should have had more color on them though)
>chameleon mystique
>tattooed symbol nightcrawler (why do we need two furry blue guys? was someone fucking lazy or what?)
>skipping crystal gem bullshit for juggernaut and just making him a mutant
>more grounded version of the phoenix saga (never cared for x-men in space)
>Xavier actually running a school with mutant kids, not just teenagers and adults running around
>rogue being properly sullen for someone with her problem
>magneto wearing regal robes instead of purple tights

>It did not show how an angry nerd becomes a hero
Because that's old ground. Nobody wants to see Peter sperg over Uncle Ben's death for the thirtieth time.

>it did not show how that hero uses his intelligence and compassion as his strengths as a hero
But he did use compassion, when he saved Vulture's life so Liz wouldn't have lost her dad.

>it did not even show how that hero struggles to balance his normal life and need to fight crime
What are you talking about? The scenes where he wanted to go to the party or join the quiz decathlon but got sidetracked by superhero duties was struggling to balance his normal life with his Spidey life.

>nah, they're all pretty lackluster
And MCU movies aren't? Kek

I believe OP was comparing two franchises, not making one out to be great

they really fucked up Jubilee

literally the only problem with the mcu is they're afraid of not being marketable enough

so tone down the dark, and tone up the quips

but they're way more consistent than the x-men films. that's a complete bullshit statement

>magneto's heartbreaking family death scene
>suddenly cut to Apocalypse and his gay pride parade

yeah so tonally consistent

I can't think of a single dramatic moment from any MCU film, even Loki's Hitler speech in Avenegers was a joke more than anythings

MCU has no drama, no stakes, and no emotion....it's just toy commercials. My Little Pony has more epic villain moments.

I'm actually more hyped about New Mutants that any other cape film.

>Lame, underdeveloped universe and characters, where only 3 characters are worth investing in.

No, fuck you. Fox-men are shit.

And MCU is better?

Apocalypse was supposed to be the first real X-men movie in the new continuity with new actors and without Jackman, this was supposed to be the movie that would show the world that the X-men where a functioning team without Wolverine and that the stories go beyond just mutant racism, but instead it just showcased the worst aspects of the movies, made Cyclops once again second fiddle but only this time to Jennifer lawrence who keeps hoarding screentime with her shit OC (i refuse to acknowledge her as Mystique, she stopped playing that character after first class) add to that the lamest adaptation of apocalypse, the worst actors they could find for Jean and Scott, the worst CGI and costume design ive seen in a capemovie yet and Quicksilver only being there so they could make a halfassed rehash of the slomo scene from DofP
Apocalypse is straight up shit and i hope fox's does distance themselves from Singer for a long time after it

>Apocalypse was supposed to be the first real X-men movie in the new continuity with new actors and without Jackman, this was supposed to be the movie that would show the world that the X-men where a functioning team without Wolverine

Yeah I'm gonna need a source for that

the mcu managed to make Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Guardians Of the Galaxy, Dr Strange and fucking Ant Man a household name
the only character that got something good out of the X-movies is Wolverine

The evidence is right infront of you, the only reason they did DOFP was to reboot the franchise out of the baggage of the old movies, the old actors got old and that was easier than just straight up rebooting, these new movies where supposed to focus more on the team

Yeah, foX-men is absolute trash

>the mcu managed to make Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Guardians Of the Galaxy, Dr Strange and fucking Ant Man a household name
Not really, but pic related.
Spider-Man is still the most popular Marvel character, I should know as I only watch childrens TV channels and the only Marvel character whos toys get promoted on them is Spider-Man

Also it doesn't matter, I'm talking about the quality of the movies you ignorant piece of mouse shit

Also, Iron Man, Cap, and Thor were already well known in the 90s

>Iron Man, Cap, and Thor were already well known in the 90s
the only people who knew of them where people who played Marvel vs Capcom, hell most people thought Iron man was a legit robot, nowadays i actually see kids walking around in Cap and iron man merch, the Avengers have legit taken over as Marvels biggest team
the X-men movies on the other hand legit damaged the X-men as a comic, every other member being regulated to Limbo while Wolverine was pushed in every single book possible
>muh mousshill
ah i see your not here for a serious argument

lol
These are bad. Lackluster. More than disappointing.

>the only people who knew of them where people who played Marvel vs Capcom, hell most people thought Iron man was a legit robot
Wow you were a casual even as a kid. You don't belong here.

It gets really old arguing with casuals and people who don't read comics.

OBJECTIVE X-MEN MOVIE POWER RANKING
>legit great movies
Logan
>good
Deadpool, DofP, X2
>okay but aged pretty bad
X1, First Class
>shit
everything else

i thought where arguing about casuals right? most casuals didnt give a shit about Captain America Iron man or Thor in the 90's, now people do know them and their stories

>dceu doesnt even get an honorable mention for being the worst of the three
Feels batman

>Iron Man 3: Mixed feelings, but it's a lot better done than 2
Had to take a short break after reading that.

But I don't want an R-rated superhero movie. Superheroes are for children.

>never cared for x-men in space
opinion disgarded

Not that user but you can't honestly say Iron Man 2 is better than 3, are you high?

>no R-rated superhero movies

Apocalypse is more a nail in the coffin rather than good opening for this specific team with new stories.
>Jennifer Lawrence is still in, when Mystique could easily be replaced
>Killing Havok only because he was one of the last characters introduced in non-Singer movie that Singer didn't killed yet

>No chance for Havok vs Vulcan
>Deadpool had better X-men outfits than X-Men movies
>Awful Beast look still in, when end of DofP shown that they still know how to make it right
>Ending of DofP shows status quo, but ending of Logan makes that mutants are mostly get wiped out anyway
>The only fresh stories they could make would require completely new cast with characters created in Logan

>Only thing that can be complained about is people who hate black costumes.
>Only

The director's an accused serial child molestor and a producer of the first movie is a convicted child rapist. Both men were pressuring child stars to have sex with them.

There's a documentary on the child rape, called "An Open Secret".

But you know, black costumes I guess WAS the worst part of the movies.

>with characters created in Logan
why would they take seeds from the worst x-movie? Especially one that completely disregarded everything they did.

No, man. It does not feel like Batman. Or Superman.
And that is the problem.