Who is better villain?

Who is better villain?

Literally anyone else. These are the two worst villains in comics.

Unless Darkseid is involved in a Big Barda or Mr. Miracle arc, I guess.

Thanos.

I think darkseid is boring. He is too calm and he got no reason to rule planets.

Darkseid is.

d-side has no krisma

I think it depends on which kind of villain you need for your story. Do you need a flawed and sympathetic but still cosmic threat villain, or do you need evil personified?

Thanos

Thanos because he has a personality. Darkseid is fucking boring and his fanboys are the worst. I relish every time Superman single-handedly smahes his overrated face in before going on to have trouble with an actually worthwhile villain like Brainiac or Zod.

t. DCfag

Darkseid written well> Thanos> Poorly written Darkseid

Depends of the writer: Starlin Thanos is overall good/awesome; modern Thanos is a bullshit

I liked Thanos in Infinity Gauntlet as much as I liked 'Seid in New God's. When utilized well they're both pretty top tier.

Darkseid is

>muh death
>muh anti-life equation
none of them

Giffen's Thanos.

Starlin's Thanos was a cosmic sue.

Thanos

Anti-monitor

Apocalypse

From a competent writer? Darkseid all the way

thanos is a more compelling character, darkseid is better as the big bad embodiment of evil

Darkseid is.

I ship Thanos and Darkseid

You may be a DCfag, but a DCnewfag. Darkseid has a personality that goes beyond being in love with death.

I dont understand what Darkseid even ants.
He's got a whole planet that is a huge fucked-to-death slum complete with a population of oppressed inhabitants. He's also got henchman and parademons.

Why is his planet so shitty? Does he hate nature or something? Apokalyps is just a shit hole because evil?

That's boring as hell, man.

Darkseid has never been written well, though.

in theor heydays I would say Thanos and Seid are about even in terms of characterization and 'o shit' factors, but time has not been kind to Thanos, I mean he ended up getting beaten offscreen by the GotG, and not even in a 'war in heaven ' way like seid did in Final crisis.

Whut?

He was created as a prejudiced autistic man's idea of what a right-wing ruler would be like.

Kirby needed Lee to write and co-create or else all his creations end up having skewed incomplete non-personalities.

Thanos. Thanos has character and a lot of good stories, he's only had shit in recent years where you have hacks like Bendis trying to shove him everywhere. Darkseid has been a joke for decades.

Not really.

Final Crisis is the only good Darkseid story in years, and even in that he's dying from the beginning and his rampage is just a metaphor for Mandrakk's assault on the multiverse.

He also making a good presence in Mister Miracle.

Darkseid is an autistic godlike mathematics professor who hates everyone so much hes trying to mathemecation them ou of existence.

thanatos is an autistic godlike masochist who is sexually pleasured by losing to weaksauce heroes 100% of the time and tries to get beaten up because it turns him on.

whoever wins, we lose

Don't forget that Thanos is a cuck.
But he also is almost a chad... I mean he fucked several women in the whole universe.
BUT
Mostly a cuck.
Get cucked by Deadpool.

The answer is clear to see. Let us judge by merit and purpose.
Who is beyond good and evil? Who is the prophet of Anti-Life? Who is the Rock, the Chain, and the Lightning? All powerful! All unforgiving! All conquering! WHO IS YOUR NEW GOD NOW AND FOREVER?

Darkseid is.

Thanos is just a deviant, a shame for all Eternal.

Thanos, because by his nature Darkseid is more static as both a character and a threat..

>WHY WON'T DEATH-SEMPAI NOTICE ME
>[bumbles every plan due to literally being pathologically unable to win]

Nobody unironically likes Thanos. They might like stories he's in, but nobody likes those stories because of Thanos any more than they do any of the other plot furniture. He's the Apocalypse of cosmic.

And Giffen's wasn't? You're an idiot.

Darkseid has actually been in great stories.
Thanos always seemed like a power rangers big bad and his back story an over explained mess. "He only wants to kill everyone because he loves some woman".

Shit like this is why I cant take Darkseid seriously. He's too operatic and grandious, which would be fine if only his terminology didnt sound so dumb.

Tiger-force? Really?

And I hope we can all agree that the Anti-Life equation is just super badly named. Nothing it supposedly does lines up with the name on the tin.

Life is supposed to equal free will. Therefore anti-life is anti-free will.

> Everything you need to know about Tiger Force

Darkseid was referencing William Blake's poem The Tyger.

Darkseid is far better villain.
Darkseid is.

"if someone possesses absolute control over you - you're not really alive."

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side

Darkseid is a high-concept villain with the anti-life shit. If you can swallow comics being high concept shit, then he is better.
Also I don't see Thanos being a cute little baby

Darkseid is.

I think you got the equation wrong, buddy.

This is the real anti-life equation.

Oh Mxy, you crazy Imp.

Does Darkseid have a Darkseidcopter?

He's more of a taxi man

Strange, I always thought him of being an Über guy.

>Thanosfags

Darkseid is more grandios, which I think fits better for a cosmic villain. His name is sort of stupid though.
Both their designs suck, like all cosmic villains.

>Starlin Thanos is overall good/awesome;
Starlin Thanos is a Mary Sue.

I don't like to throw that word around, but he totally is a Mary Sue. His flaw is literally "deep down he doesn't want to win and that's why he loses".

tpbp

Thanks is a bullshit villain sue that never loses. Why would anyone vote for him?

Nah, man.

Giffen Thanos was how a boss character should be: scary powerful, imposing, and unpredictable but still possible to get BTFO'd and make dumb mistakes. His best feat was making loli Death wet for him.

Starlin Thanos was this idealized super perfect dude who steamrolls everyone either physically or mentally with his bro Adam and even managed to talk God in bringing the fucking multiverse back.

Darkseid written by Kirby in ONE issue is worth more than all of Infinity Gauntlet

>prejudiced autistic man
Kirby was neithet prejudices nor autistic.
He was a smart dude that knew what the real face of fascism looked like, and created a character that would match that spirit.
Darkseid is the god of order, the god of the boot stomping your face into the dirt, the god of endless and ruthless industrialization with no regard for nature.
That's why the omega effect and anti-life equation don't kill people, they destroy their will to live and be free. Instead, they make you want to die for Darkseid.

Such a tiny, petty man motivated by the love of a woman that will never truly love him back. Thanos is an orbiter, nothing more.

Darkseid Is.

Darkseid wants Order in the cosmos. That's all.

I'm sorry such concept is so complicated for you, user.

>Tiger-force? Really?
Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies,
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand, dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder, & what art,
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand? & what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain,
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? what dread grasp,
Dare its deadly terrors clasp!

When the stars threw down their spears
And water'd heaven with their tears:
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

Tyger Tyger burning bright,
In the forests of the night:
What immortal hand or eye,
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

Too much Bendis seems to cause brain malfunction on the readers.

Darkseid Is.

>what dread hand?
So that's where Morrison got that line in Multiversity.

That never made sense to me. Hope, folly, love, lies, life, death, self, and Darkseid aren't even in the equation. They're just sitting on the side. It's auxiliary information.

>has a NOUNcopter
>beat cancer, a universe of it in fact
>his chin has chins

Thanos obvs

>I didn't understand Infinity Gauntlet: the post

His best feat was making the Maker his bitch. Did you just not read Samaritan or something? Literally the only difference between Giffen and Starlin's Thanos is that Giffen's didn't monologue incessantly, they are the exact same character otherwise.

Maybe, but his hairstyle doesn't compare to Darkseids.

Starlin literally made Warlock say that Thanos only loses because DEEP DOWN he wants to fail.

my man. i just wish apocalypse could be the threat he deserves like back in AoA. he was always my favorite badguy

for thanos, its the journey, not the destination.

Thanos. I like Darkseid, but his whole shtick is wayvtoo Chaotic Stupid for my tastes.

Not that user, but no. Not quite. Adam didn't say Thanos ONLY loses because [glaring misconception], he said Thanos is self-destructive at the core of his nature, and will therefore never know lasting accomplishment regardless of what he achieves.

Adam wasn't handwaving the possibility or efforts of anyone else defeating Thanos, he was presenting Thanos with the ultimate philosophical bad end. That so long as his ambitions are selfish, whether by free will or fate, Thanos will never taste self-actualization.

It's the whole reason Thanos flees to the comfort and simplicity of farming, something that through tried and true agricultural history is guaranteed (if done right) to provide him a small sense of self-worth, to escape all his scheming and plotting that simply produces ever increasing evidence of failure stemming from the root of himself.

People misconstrue this remark because it suits their dismissal of Thanos and the story, but it just goes to show where focus is.

The entire ordeal was a philosophical story, literally from the very beginning of Thanos Quest where he's musing at the well to when he's exploiting the character flaws of the Elders to circumvent pitting himself against their strengths. Starlin with obvious purpose makes Mephisto the devil on Thanos' shoulder telling him whatever tempts and pulls his strings so that later Adam, embodying a messenger of the higher soul, can become the voice that tells him the one thing he didn't want to hear but cuts the strings.

>Chaos
>Darkseid

Whut? Are you dense?
Darkseid's alignment is lawful evil. His sole goal the is the domination of all life and bringing order to the universe.

>Implying "I will kill half of the universe to have a girlfriend" isn't Chaotic Stupid

Darkseid, Thanos is the most inconsistent character I ever saw, you can't even claim that he has a "personality" since each story portray him in a different way.

Hell in each story he got a new goal, sometimes he want to destroy everything, other conquer planets, in others be god.

You would have a point if Starlin had ever allowed Thanos to lose a fight fair and square.

He never did that and retconned the times that Thanos lost.

But that's wrong. It's obvious that your knowledge of Thanos comes primarily from wiki-diving and Sup Forums hearsay.

DIdn't Starlin retconned Thanos losses?

Only ones by writers that ill-suited him.

AKA any writer that wasn't him.

Which loss did he allow to stay canon?

>inb4 Squirrel-Meme

top kek
No need for confirmation Uatu, it's meme-girl, she can beat literally anyone, retcon proof!

Giffen's.

Darkseid hates Chaos.