Will you support the revival of traditional 2D animated feature films user?

Will you support the revival of traditional 2D animated feature films user?

Other urls found in this thread:

rogerebert.com/reviews/my-little-pony-the-movie-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pfft I already did....it was great.

what's the matter, is there some new Transformers cartoon movie I'm not aware of?

It was terrible.

Nope. I want this movie to flop because fuck 2d. The less money this makes the less chance of being subjected to more 2d.

Going to see it today with real money for Hasbro

It will be great, I know it will be.

Already bought my ticket

>one of the reviews says that it's worse than the Emoji Movie
He's saying that just to be a dick right?

>trusting reviewers to be right about a kids movie

It's sitting higher than Suicide Squad, Batman v Superman, and Man of Steel.
How will DCfags ever recover?

It's just an hour and a half long episode with way better animation. If you like the show you'll probably like the movie.

Yes. I'm fucking tired of CGI shit.

I love the show and hated the movie. The horses were ooc, the plot was idiotic, the writing was terrible, the dialogue didn't fit, and the music wasn't catchy pastelcolored music. The animation was great though

>The horses were ooc
this isn't the place but they really weren't, user
there's literally nothing wrong with showing what happens when a character reaches their breaking point

Tell me why yellow acted the way she did throughout the movie and barely got any speaking lines.
Tell me why purple tried stealing the orb and didn't try to communicate with the eaglehorses more.
Tell me why pink acted like an exaggerated version of herself and had so much more screentime compared to the rest of the main characters.

I agree. I've actually found most season finales from the show more exiting and better written than the actual movie.

Maybe next week in a state where nobody will recognize me.

Yes.

The S4 finale would have made a better movie compared to this.

>1
It wasn't her movie but the lack of yellow and orange being relevant is definitely a flaw (along with ice king barely getting established as a threat)

>2
because they were outside of horse land, she knew it was dog eat dog and ends justified the means

>3
she acted no differently to how she does in the show for like the last 4 years, and she probably is featured more prominently because she's obvious comic relief and it's easier to write jokes for her

>2
she's never acted that way with non-ponies before. look at the dragons, at the yaks, at the buffalos, the saddle arabians
>1
How she acted towards animals and how she didn't have any aggressive moments
>3
It was definitely worse in the movie and my 8 year old cousin didn't find her funny at all

>the face of nu-Sup Forums
I bet you masturbate to zootopia on the daily fag

They were trying to save everyone as soon as possible while being chased by edge horse. The queen was also pretty damn adamant about not giving them the pearl and then left for a massage because how little she cared about this issue.
At that point they had to leave because there was no point in staying.
Also the seahorses didn't need the pearl for anything, their only fear was it getting in the wrong hands, but if that happened that means they would have failed , been capture and Stormy would have got the magic of all of them, so the pearl would have been irrelevant at that point.

She did the right thing because the seahorses weren't in danger while everyone else was enslaved or stoned and there was literally no other way out.

If you're trying to justify the plot of the movie, tell me what the Storm King's motivations were, where he came from, how did he get that staff and how was it created after Twilight's ascension, and why Tempest joined the Storm King?

And she didn't do the right thing. She clearly knew who Celestia was according to the end sequence. If Twilight explained she was sent by Celestia or if she did something like show that she was worth the orb like the other ponies did while playing with the hippogriff princess, like the Princess of fucking friendship should, instead of deceiving them which is totally not part of her character--snide remarks and sarcasm? yes. outright lying and stealing? no--then maybe things would have worked out and made for the hippogriffs coming to help as an army

So...how are the reviews?

I'd love to, but I want to watch the movie in its original English dub.
I'll watch it once in English and if I like it enough I'll go check out my country's dub to see how they did.

Critics who were familiar with the show liked it
Critics not familiar with the show weren't really impressed or hated it.

It's available in full, glorious 1080p right now.

42 on metacritic

>why Tempest joined the Storm King
He promised to heal her horn, it was her main motivation. The rest I agree with, he was a shitty villain and barely had any character.

There were many critics who were fans of the show who didn't like it. Stop rpetending.

/mlp/ doesn't count, they're the polar opinions on both end

2d doesnt automatically make a better movie/work

No, but why did she go to him specifically? How did she meet him and then join him?

yes it does

I know; I've got it laying around in my computer. I was holding off watching it till Friday night so I'd watch it on the release date.
I needed that carrot hanging in front of me in order to get through the week.

He wanted to control the weather. That's his motivation. The rest of the information is fucking irrelevant.
And she said that Equestria was already conquered by the Storm King. The fuck else would you need to say? Who else would have sent them. She's also an alicorn, one of the rulers of Equestria and an equal to the other princesses. And who the fuck would send her specifically to the hippogriffs to ask for help if not Celestia.

>Barney
>good
Kill yourself

>pony thread
PROMOTIONS FOR EVERYONE

Hm. From the few I've read its full of OCs and stuff that was never in the show, with important show characters being left out for no reason.

Sounds like the 86 Transformers movie, really.

I haven't read the prequel comics but it's possibly explained in that
Does it really matter though? Are you going to question how pena hedgehog became a minion as well? It doesn't affect the internal narrative of the movie, it's just external lorebuilding. All of the motive necessary for edgehorse is explained. Storm king could have done with a scene or two of him actually being a threat himself to establish his character early in the movie, but narrative-wise the primary villain is really edgehorse and the storm king is just there so they have a villain to kill while the other gets the positive redemption

shut the fuck up boco

>important show characters being left out for no reason
the only one I can think of is de lance

I saw that Scorpan was supposed to show up in the movie as the original owner of the Storm King's scepter but his role was cut. Is there any mention to him?

Look at how they introduced all the other villains in MLP save Sombra:
Quick, to the point, give them solid motivation, and bam, the ponies have to go against them.

This wasn't that. The Storm King wanted a storm, why? Tempest joined him, why? I know more about Scorpan than I do the major villain of MLP. They could have given a lot more back story instead of filling it with fluff.

How did they justify Q's absence in the story? He could have been useful as the most OP character in the setting

Nah.
And that was one of the early drafts for the movie not something that made it in the final script and was cut.

Flutteshy and AJ were barely in the movie.

so it's no different to the show then

It was replace with and introduction to the character for new watchers.

Sad. I really want to see him show up.

Yes they were. They only didn't do anything important like Dash getting all of them spotted.

It doesn't. In the show Q doesn't even live in Equestria anyway. He only shows up once a week to have tea with Fluttershy so he probably wouldn't have known something was wrong till she was late for tea.

Twilight became a princess a little while ago but there was a fucking place for the scepter built into the castle to sap her power too. How is that possible?
Queen Novo thought she was initially a spy or minion from the Storm King so she didn't know

They don't. he shows up in the background of the artistic credits sequence though
real world reason could be that there's no simple way to explain his character to new viewers, which the movie is written to cater to
Given that he lives in his own little dimension bubble it's entirely within reason that he just wasn't there and didn't know it happened

>42
what the fuck
fucking MINIONS THE MOVIE has 56
fucking SING! has 59
how can it be so unwatchably bad to be a 42?

Fluttershy's part was cut. The Hippogriff queen originally locked them in a prison and she befriended sea creatures to escape.

Discord was at the festival at the end of the movie. No justification for why he didn't help though.

because it's been out for less than a week and it's getting bombed with 1s

Yes si--wait, what the fuck?

>because it's been out for less than a week
it's not out until the 8th

And then when she heard about their situation she said that sucks to be them but her responsibility was to protect her subjects, just like Twilight's responsibility was to save her subjects.

are you literally this desperate for attention

US release is today but there's been early screenings all week from what I know

Goddammit.
They could have at least given him a cameo at the end showing out of nowhere ready to defeat the Storm King, being called out for not helping in time and him arguing that he must have gotten stuck in a timeloop on the way there. Or something.

People still salty about the fandom? I plan on watching it tonight to see if it's really that bad.

It's been leaked. Also comes out October 6

Of course it was, Barney is bound to be terrible always.

I swear to God that was not me.

oh shit you're right, it's today. don't know why I had the 8th of oct in my mind

It's disappointing if you wanted it to be good. It's bad writing-wise and great animation-wise.
It's a 6/10 overall

meme magic senpaitachi
>tripcodes
>secure

but that would alienate all the people who have never seen the show

He might, but he might actually be right given how terrible Barney is.

How the fuck did you do that?

>having to veil a discussion about an animated movie on fucking Sup Forums while live action movies are permitted and encouraged

I want this website to be good again.

give me the password then

A movie about a cartoon show should be an extension of the show's story, not story meant for newbies.

>People still salty about the fandom?
Anyone's going to be salty about Barneyfags given how degenerate they are.

>attaching John DeLancie to the movie would alienate people
>implying that the movie itself didn't alienate people already
This review is what non-fans think of it: rogerebert.com/reviews/my-little-pony-the-movie-2017

I don't feel like getting rangeb&

Because it's Barneyshit, and Barney is never going to have quality writing.

shut the fuck up lee you degenerate dogfucker
now piss off

I love the show's writing. This was all Vogel's fucking fault. I can feel it. And fuck off.

having a new character with super magical powers appear in the climax of the movie is terrible writing

Except that has zero chances of being profitable

t. degenerate
You Barneyfags are quite delusional. But then again, I can't say I didn't expect that to begin with.

He's not a new character though. If you mean for non-fans, then they don't explain who any of the non-Twilight Mane 6 are and why they're important.

>This was all Vogel's fucking fault
Pretty much. He destroys everything he touches.

>written by a woman
opinion discarded

>Except that has zero chances of being profitable
How so? You already have a huge fanbase. And, as far as I remember, the movie wasn't advertised as "it has nothing to do with the show". People who went see it probably knew of the show it had ties to.

>can't discuss this movie on Sup Forums because retards like Lee are still salty
>can't discuss this movie on /mlp/ cause retards like Vogelfag are still salty
help

>If you mean for non-fans
I do

> then they don't explain who any of the non-Twilight Mane 6 are and why they're important.
They all get a "moment" at the start of the film showcasing their personality, which is all that's needed for the movie. The elements of harmony aren't relevant.

Same thing with the princesses, twilight explains their sun/moon/crystal magic which is all they're needed for in the movie. Any plot elements from the show that are needed for the movie get explained

>two Bocos

Oh fuck me.

>You already have a huge fanbase
you overestimate things significantly. They aren't anywhere near enough to make money for a movie on their own, especially considering less than 100% are going to actually pay to see the movie

You probably never should have come here, degenerate.
Barneyfags like you never should have existed.

The princesses were explained decently enough. To any non-fan, they wouldn't understand why Twilight hangs out with these ponies and why they're important as compared to some other ponies.

don't you have a job or something to go to?

>Barneyfag
>a job
Try Googling "Lee Goldson" and see what the first results are. Here's a hint: it's not his Linkdin.

He has a degree in Film Studies. Of course he doesn't have anything else to do.

A fair point, but I'm not entirely sure it's necessary - they show that they're established friends, I don't think the "why" really matters

You could always try MLPG

It was fine. The two big problems it had was how the script was written for a longer story that was then cut and made newcomer friendly. The second is that its ponies. Its interesting to read reviewers comment how the movie feels like puking skittles.