Paranatural

>gassy
>Hey it's an update! Just a heads up, things are going to stay bumpy for the next two weeks or so as I juggle work and moving across the country! I will be putting up updates as much as I can and short comics when I can't. Thanks again for your continued understanding!

Wow no backgrounds and barely even just solid colour backgrounds, they live in the void now apparently.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH

I know the joke is the wrist problem is fucking with the art but what's the excuse for the steadily worse writing?

Why was Isabel lifting her hand

My God the madman actually did it. After all this build up he didn't resolve anything, and we still don't know what that text message that got sent in June or something was about.

This chapter has been going on for almost three years, let's have a little recap:
>They go to school
>They play Hitball and discover that there's a malicious spirit
>They make plans to find & catch it
>Lesbian date
>Max goes to the cafetaria and talks to this comic's equivalent of SU's townies
>Random nonbinary backstory
>Overly dramatic conflict between Isaac and the rest of the gang
>Lesbian date gone wrong for even more unnecessary drama
>They haven't even found Hijack yet
What this chapter should have been if Zack had any idea how pacing worked:
>They go to school
>They play Hitball and discover that there's a malicious spirit
>They make plans to catch it
>They proceed with their plans
>They catch it
>End of chapter
Gonna fucking call it right now: they're not even going to catch him in this chapter. The shitty drama going on will be treated as the main plot and the spirit-catching thing will be the sideplot.

I assume she was about to say something to try and fix the situation, but since it's something she never really does as the token ACTION GIRL , she was too hesitant and slow before Isaac left.

He probably separated his wrist from the rest of his arm doing the scribbles in panel 3.

I stopped reading this ages ago, but heard that it went full tumblr.

Tell me how bad it is.

Two gay people, 1 non-binary. Dangerously close to full Tumblr.

>non-binary
What?

And who'd they turn gay?

>lesbian Muslim doctor dates lesbian fat, blind, black chick
>entire page wasted on a pointlessly dumb backstory to explain why a side character is non-binary and what their preferred pronouns are
That's what I can remember right offhand.

See my other post To add to that:
>Art style is boring and "soft" as shit now, all of the main kids have generic bean mouths and the colors are uninteresting to look at
>muh LGBT representation, wouldn't even give a shit about this if it didn't slow down this already tediously long chapter
>Not really related to the comic but Zack constantly whines about BONALD BRUMPF and trans rights and shit on twitter instead of working on his fucking comic
When he said he wanted to be "completely unpalatable to Sup Forums" and fell hard for the "Sup Forums is a hivemind" meme, that should have been a red flag but I didn't think anything of it at the time.

Gradient background were one thing, but 8 out of 12 of these panels are either white or gray. Zack truly is the master Hack

3 gay people If you count Cody. 5 If you count background characters.

All in the same chapter.

EEEYYYAAAAARRRGGGHHH

>people thought "unpalatable to Sup Forums" just meant more gay characters
>instead it meant ruining the art, writing, pacing, and adding in more shounen cliches
Sasuga, Zack.

It did but surprisingly that's not even in the top 3 worst things about it.

Remember the behooded bully kid? Officially hermaphrodite.

Like an actual biological hermaphrodite?
You're kidding. Even tumblr doesn't think that's a thing.

>Not really related to the comic but Zack constantly whines about BONALD BRUMPF and trans rights and shit on twitter instead of working on his fucking comic
Surprise surprise, the American government is shit.

>not a single background
>panel 3 with those lazy scribbles to signify the tension but it just looks lazy
They're standing in a hallway, Zack. It's not that complex. Just do one motherfucking page a week.

I'd rather have crappy writing and good art rather than both crappy writing, bad art, and excuses ever second update. Why do we still have these threads? I get so angry on the inside.

>Why do we still have these threads?
Wristposting, mostly.

Hahhaa
If nothing else at least Zach is still good for a laugh

No, he's "non-binary", whatever the fuck that actually means.

Gentle reminder that we'll never see art this detailed again.

Every time someone posts this page, the ghost train page or the Max in the "school forest" page, I lose a year of my lifespan. I've never seen someone actually get worse at art the more they do it, it's quite impressive.

I wish Zack still did one page a week, I wish he had an editor, at least then some of the quality would've been maintained. Now all that's left is a bland, overly wacky sludge that only makes me angrier every time I'm reminded of it.
And still no fucking backgrounds, still more disgusting bean faces and still more eye-ruining pastels. The torment never ends.

As someone who knows Zack SOMEWHAT personally, trust me, he's in this for the money ONLY. He's gotten so "career" focused on the thing, it's strained his art, and even personal relationship with Taylor. He's basically planning to fill in these constant gradient backgrounds with actual ones in the paper releases, lauding it as a "great business move".

3 years.

It took me 3 years off my life just to invest and care for this petty webcomic. When I first learned it off Paradox Space, I thought I struck obscure gold, with its homely settings, art and humour plus likeable characters. I had high hopes for some spectacular pay-off that might come from the interesting character relationship amidst the cool shōnen action...I never expected that the conflict and tension that I want would be made in such poor taste. Bullies that aren't really bullies get overpowered by powerful spirits in a matter of days, Sherlock-type doctors reduced to bloody pathetic caricatures, fucking unnecessary and avoidable middle school melodramas, anime references and -isms that get more and more obnoxious over time. This is just the final straw.

Even if Zack is trying to psyche us up by having Isaac saved in just one chapter just to appease his remaining loyal readers, nothing can save both prospective and seasoned (including me) readers from the dreary mess of uneven plot progressions, hardly resolved arc fatigue and painful flanderization PNAT has been in. Life has killed the dream I dreamed.

So to this I say: fuck you Zack Morrison, for reigniting my childhood fantasies and grabbing them just to stomp them onto the ground. Fuck you.

Take this blatant piece of false advertisement if ye all still have even faintest of hope for this crushed dream...I refuse to be associated with this picture anymore.

>When I first learned it off Paradox Space
Fuck off hamsteak it was already shit by the time he was doing PS.

>paper releases
I work out we're on page 500 and something. That's either going to be thicker than War and Peace+ Les Miserables put together. Or have about 40 issues by the time he's done. Either way I can't see it making enough money to be profitable.

Didn't really read that site though, I was just checking it out off my investigations on what was Homestuck. Why? Amateur art of grey humanoids with orange horns came up significantly on casual sites that I frequented, and I was curious. Naive and curious.

I ended up being not interested in Homestuck at all and stuck to this (formerly) humble abode.

WRIST STATUS: 12%

Read problem sleuth.
Also sucks to be you I guess. You sound like you were 'fresh' to the scene at the time and this is a horrible introduction. Putting all your eggs in a broken basket.

I think he was doing Paradox Space midst Ghost Train Arc which still wasn't that bad, just had some signs of decline.

I miss the goofy background spirits so much. It was such a clever way to add humor.

>some signs
No he was pretty fucked then. That was after his whole fuck Sup Forums spiel. After multiple art changes. After we were well into wacky face is the only face and quips are the only dialogue period.

The best part is that a hallway like that is ridiculously easy to draw. Hacks love hallways because all you have to do is a few lines in perspective. It's obscenely easy to draw.

I don't care if he only had an hour to draw this, it's pathetic. Even Jim fucking Davis has the decency to draw a few lines.

>He's just doing it for money at this point.
No fucking shit, mate, you don't need to be his friend to know that. Nobody accidentally stretches this far. He goes out of his way to do as little as possible each week.

>tfw you tell people the comic is a lost cause during Hitball
>they don't believe you
You only had to listen.

It was already dead by the time hitball was on. The people you were talking to either a) were new and had shit taste or b) refused to accept what had happened to such a nice comic

I wish he had just stopped drawing it after chapter 3. Then it would be like webcomics' Firefly.

>t is ridiculously easy to draw
show us your art

>f-fuck you hallways are hard
Not him but are you pretending like hallways being an easy bg isn't extremely well known. I recall mangaka talking about it too.
You need to step off Zach's cock

THIS. The idea of it would have been better than the product itself. God I hated Serenity

I was born with glass wrists

Sure, I'll draw you one when I get off work tonight provided the thread is still up.

That aside, something as simple as three horizontal lines can pass as a hallway. A couple lines in perspective is an easy way to do it if you don't wanna go Garfield tier. Add some rectangles to represent lockers and viola, you've put in more effort than Zack. Like for real, this is unacceptable levels of lazy. It's insulting because there's not even an attempt.

Reminder that Isabel is gaslighting Isaac

Some user keeps saying no backgrounds is because Zack plans to add everything in detail later when he publishes it as a book and I believe it. Since its all digital now this would be pretty easy.
Reminds me of Hiatus x Hiatus artist who used the same excuse when the hiatuses stopped being funny. In the end the tank wasn't even that much better.

Sure, no problem let me just draw a hallway real qui-AGHHHHH MY WRIST

I forgot those things even existed. Why bother when every new update gives us those hilarious wacky faces?

>In the end the tank wasn't even that much better.
bruh

I thought you might like to know that while I didn't open my mouth and laugh, I did snicker loudly enough to startle my cat.

Is Togashi actually ill or does he just have so much money he doesn't give a fuck? He had Yu Yu Hakusho before and he's married to the woman that made Sailor Moon, so they're probably rolling in dough.

Id accept the left from Zack if it meant consistent updates since solid gradient backgrounds didn't change a single thing about his update rate

I think he wanted to avoid it becoming a zombie series but made the mistake of not having a proper ending

A little bit of both according to other mangaka. One wrote a SCATHING "anonymous" comic about how a lot of Togashi's sloth stems from bitterness at creators like Oda, portrayed him as a weird dog creature, wish I could find it again.

He's sick, but he milks it because Jump will never tell him he can't come back and he doesn't need to kill himself to make money anymore.

Indeed I was; serial ones though, gag-a-day types were fine by me. I did found other decent looking serial comics (e.g A Redtail's Dream) to complement this one, but I just never got the time to look on them...until now.

Looks like the time for greener pastures has come.

>Togashi's sloth stems from bitterness at creators like Oda, portrayed him as a weird dog creature, wish I could find it again.
What a bitter faggot. Oda draws manga while in the fucking hospital, man.

Oda was indicated as the prime example, but the comic was more about Togashi being bitter that upstarts surpassed him in popularity and sales while he had to work like a decade to really catch success. And I mean, that's not WRONG, but the reason it was used to shit on him is because he's a baby about it. Probably hates MHA and Dr. Stone's creators for the same reason.

TO BE FAIR, this comic was SCATHING and obviously biased. It depicted Takeuchi as a stupid yes-man to her husband. Take it with a grain of salt. His illness and unwillingness to commit to the suicidal manga schedule anymore is likely the much bigger factor here.

the difference here is that hxh is suppose to be a weekly thing with atleast 15+ pages per issue; whereas zack only needs to crap out two pages in the exact same amount of time.

Explain the wrist jokes to me.

Zach constantly misses updates. Most common excuse is his wrist.
So people post either generically about his wrist, post about his wrist in reference to an actual background getting drawn and post about his wrist in reference to the constantly degrading artstyle of Paranatural.

He seems to actually have a wrist problem so he should honestly just stop drawing and put the comic out of it's misery.

But MHA worked really hard. I mean the writer had like 6 series that got canceled fast/ never hit serialization before now. Though he's probably working himself to death because he's never had to do that much work.

Or he could man the fuck up.

Am I wrong or has he not had these problems until the comic stopped being drawn on paper

You present a good point, this guy has no wrists to destroy

Just looking at the thumbnails of these two pages next to each other shows how the art shifted into shit. The fucking thumbnails.

Let's not oversimplify things. Manga artists, especially the fucking big-name Jump stars like Togashi, have five or six extra people taking on the workload, including people to handle chores like providing groceries and supplies.
Also, fucking yeah right, HxH is a weekly thing. It has patches of updating weekly followed by literal months of radio silence.

>im-fucking-plying
Plenty of mangaka are small team if not solo.
>b-but my jump
Sort of fair point but you read the squiggle era HxH and tell me more than one person drew that up

Togashi HAS assistants. The problem with squiggle era HxH was that Togashi was working so slowly that he was barely even able to get pages fully sketched by the time his deadlines came around.
Having twenty assistants isn't going to do much good if they don't have the pages to work on.

The stuff I heard is that Togashi basically has the contract that lets him take as many and as long breaks as possible, and that Jump has to publish what he gets regardless of art (though not content, they can still edit that a bit).

Considering that he saved jump from bankruptcy he can do whatever the fuck he wants at this point.

I miss Johnny.

They were my favorite part of the comic but hey, to have background spirits, you gotta have backgrounds first am I right?

Yes you certainly do

>he saved jump from bankruptcy
I thought that was Oda.

Before Zack I've never seen a young artist deliberately get worse over time

>Avatar 2 will come out before this chapter ends
>1,172 days until hijack

you really want to get fun, look up how many pages the hitball game was, and then check to see how many weeks that was

54 pages, lasted from April to December 2015. Another fun thing to think about is that the plot of Chapter 5 has made barely any progression at all in these literal actual real time YEARS of updates. Over 2 years ago when Hitball started, I never imagined that we'd still be in this chapter at this point, but here we are. Several plotlines happening at the same time with no clear end in sight for any of them.

I just wanted fun child-hood superhero hijinks, Zack

But you give me pointless melodrama

>reassessing it's easy
>don't show his art
>again
Post your fucking art.

I forget can spectrals talk to eahcother in specterspacetime?

Yeah, since they're both going at the speed of wrist

Isaac was in the right here. He also was right in pic related, even if for the wrong reasons.

>he wanted to be "completely unpalatable to Sup Forums"
>Makes comic bad

mission accomplished!

>how dare you say frying an egg is easy, post your fucking cooking
kill yourself

I would love it if people did "improved" versions of his pages, which is only adding backgrounds.
>Someone tweets him, "This is my favorite page of yours! :D"
>It's an edited version
>But unarguably better than the original

GIVE IT BACK! THIS ISN'T RIGHT, THAT WAS OURS!

>Manga artists, especially the fucking big-name Jump stars like Togashi, have five or six extra people taking on the workload
You picked a bad example. Togashi is actually notorious for not using assistants. At the end of Yu Yu Hakusho he released an explanation for why it was ending early, and he basically explained that he didn't want to release any art he couldn't call his own.

Most mangaka have quite a few. The Hero Academia guy has seven.

>the comic will never look this good ever again

I looked over the 5 pages that came out the past 6 months and I dont see a single background spirit. Did Zack forget they exist? Someone remind him?

Zack forgot Hijack existed

Remember when this comic was about ghost hunting?

He clearly remembered that one quip about whether or not Hijack likes WIi Sports

Nah, Max was right. You don't do nice things expecting to be paid back later in full. Isaac used Max as a means to an end and they both know it.

Max is talking like a 45 year old father of three.