TMNT/Ghostbusters 2 next month

You excited for TMNT/Ghostbusters 2 in November? What we know:

>Weekly 5-issue miniseries running through November, done in an anthology style like Dimension X, where each issue is a complete story by a different creative team.
>Plot revolves around the ghost of Darius Dunn summoning the Peoplebusters, who take on the guise of the Dark Turtles, to hunt down and eliminate the Ninja Turtles
>The TMNT go to the Ghostbusters for help and they use the dimensional gateway to escape to alternate realities, pursued by the Dark Turtles

I dunno, it sounds fuckin awesome to me. My only fear is that unlike the first TMNT/Ghostbusters mini, it isn't going to be written all the way through by Erik Burnham, but will have a different writer for each issue. Dimension X wasn't bad, but had a few installments that fell flat, though most of them at least had good art. I'm hoping they've got good talent lined up for each chapter.

Other urls found in this thread:

idwpublishing.com/ghostbusters-answer-the-call-crew-to-star-in-new-comic-series/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the Peoplebusters

IDW calls them The Collectors, with the Peoplebusters and Dark Turtles just being different identities they have taken over the years. I still like the concept, though.

Fuck yeah I'm hyped. Too bad won't be released until November, October is the perfect month for this.

Concept sounds interesting, but I don't know about this anthology format. Might be good, and IDW hasn't really let me down with either of these properties so far. Plus, any new classic GB content is welcome, since I heard they'll be pushing the 2016 GB from here on out (because fuck the licensor meddling).

>Plus, any new classic GB content is welcome, since I heard they'll be pushing the 2016 GB from here on out (because fuck the licensor meddling).

That's what's selling me most on this miniseries. It's the continuing adventures of the original Ghostbusters. The only other GB solicitation from IDW is for the Answer the Call ongoing series starring the 2016 reboot Ghostbusters and I don't give a single solitary shit about them.

Was this announced at comic con?

What other shit got announced?

TMNT/GB 2 was announced at San Diego I think, yeah. We've known about it for a couple of months; the variant covers for issue 1 are only just starting to roll in, though.

The only other thing announced worth mentioning that's TMNT related is TMNT/Batman 2, which is going to launch in December, with the same creative team as the first TMNT/Batman miniseries. Hyped for that one, as well.

Sounds fun.

Are we sure AtC isn't just a mini? Sort of a test the waters thing?

>Are we sure AtC isn't just a mini? Sort of a test the waters thing?

Boco is right for the first time in his miserable life:

>idwpublishing.com/ghostbusters-answer-the-call-crew-to-star-in-new-comic-series/

Answer the Call is just a 5-issue miniseries.

Phew. Let it be their ONLY miniseries.

OP pic is the Heroes & Fantasies retailer exclusive variant by Tim Lim;

The ending to Ghostbusters II was retarded, but I do like the reference for some reason.

Are we going to be the same six guys discussing like the last time? Fine with me.

>Ghostbusters II was retarded

this is all you needed to post

IDW's Ghostbusters threads have the same problem on Sup Forums as Usagi Yojimbo threads and Hellboy threads. Everyone agrees that the comics are good and there's little to complain about, so there's no much to discuss. We all like the comic and read it and that's it.

101 got a few extra threads and only because it gave readers something to bitch about.

It was less good than the first but not a bad movie at all. For many people less good = bad. It's better than many successful turds that people enjoy nowadays.

The original story elements in GBII were interesting and the special effects were ILM at their best in that era.

What sunk the movie was all the copycatting from Ghostbusters 1, right down to story beats, pacing, character relationships, etc. It was too much like the first movie, it almost felt like a remake. They should have explored the original ideas more; I actually liked Vigo and everything involving his back story and the river of slime feeding off the negative psychokinetic energy of New Yorkers. And the original stuff did a lot to expand the mythology, as the video game and Burnham have since exploited.

But having to go through Peter re-courting Dana, or the Ghostbusters rising to the top (complete with musical montage hurrying the rise along), a nerd that's in love with Dana and in the thrall of the villain, and a villain that's ominously trying to break into our dimension and has to be stopped from coming through at the climax... Just too much retread.

Pretty much. Sometimes there's more traffic during a storytime, but GB storytimes are fairly rare. The 101 storytime did have a lot of people commenting that it was better than expected, but the 2016 GB are still the worst thing about it by a huge margin.

Hopefully their last. Burnham and Schoening's classic GB (and RGB, and XGB) is too good for this world and having them get sidelined in favour of the trashfire 2016 reboot characters is a god damned travesty.

Ghostbusters 2 doesn't hold together well as a complete movie, but I like it for a lot of the little moments sprinkled throughout.

>"Suck in the guts, guys. We're the Ghostbusters."
>"You'll never get a green card with that attitude, pal."
>"On a mountain of SKULLS in a castle of PAIN, I sat on a throne of BLOOD!"
>The Titanic arriving
>The heads on spikes in the subway tunnel

It's a movie best watched in pieces.

I'm hoping that Burnham isn't being sidelined by editorial after 101. Or if he isn't trying to move on because he's burnt out or something.

But his participation post-101 seems to be very slight. He isn't writing all of TMNT/GB2 and he isn't writing any of Answer the Call. It's the first extended absence from the ongoing narrative he's ever had. As someone who has been reading since the beginning (yeah, I started with The Other Side and somehow stuck with it), I can say that Burnham is the only reason the IDW books are any fucking good.

>Written by Kelly Thompson
How bad Answer the Call will be?

What has Kelly Thompson done, exactly, and is it shit?

I know she writes Jem. It's, eah. It has its moments.

That's the one where every character was changed to be either fat, black, gay or all three, right?

It actually has more scares in it than the first film, at least for kids.

The slime in the bathtub that attacks Dana or ghost Janosz kidnapping Oscar off the ledge of the building. And the shit in the subway tunnel was real fuckin spooky.

I like Ghostbusters II even if most everyone else hates it.