Gimme gory comics with fun stories please. Is Moore's Miracleman a good read?

Gimme gory comics with fun stories please. Is Moore's Miracleman a good read?

No Hero's ending was trash.

The whole trilogy had trash endings for me, still loved 'em though.

Supergod was best

"People shat in the Ganges, for God's sake." is one of my favorite comic lines ever but the bit about the protagonist being disappointed at the lack of a nip mecha god also sums up how it left me wanting the most.

only Ellis book i actively hate

Luther Strode was a fun read

Luther Strode

Crossed, though a good 70% of it is shit, has lots of gore

Black Gas

The Boys

That Ennis book about the alien on the spaceship, I forgot it's name.

Since noone here apparently wants to answer you question, yes, it is.
You might also want to look into Millar's and Ennis' comics like Wanted, Boys or Punisher Max.

Invincible has some pretty good parts

This looks perfect.
I tried reading Boys last year and it felt a bit dull but I should probably stick with it longer before dropping it, I think I dozed off during the bit where the dead girlfriend guy accidentally murders a hero with his newfound powers.
Good to see it's a fun read and not just fapbait for my male:rape/femdom fetish.

Orc Stain

There was a Spectre miniseries titled "Tales of the Unexpected by crime writer David Lapham that had quite a bit of gore in it
1/2

2/3

Don't introduce OP to the suffering of Orc Stain fans

If you like Ellis I can recommend Karnak, its less gory, but the psychological side is best. Issue 5 is superb.

3/3

Uber, but only the first 20 issues

Thanks my beautiful boys, I'm reading Luther Strode right now but I swear to gosh I'll read all these recs

Does anyone know if the guy who did the line art for Luther Strode did any other stuff?

All-new Ghost Rider is the only thing I remember

>Black Gas

The first mini was so-so but the second was probably the worst comic Ellis had done.

Yeah, the plot and writing reminded me of a Luna brothers comic

>Is Moore's Miracleman a good read?
Yes.

As for fun gory comics, I'd reccomend Thor: Vikings by Ennis and Fabry. It's hilariously gory and the art is great.

Hard Boiled by Miller & Darrow.

you say that like it's a bad thing

Unfunnies
read it with your wife!

Dajjal is literally "Sup Forums: The AI"

Ellis has understood the essence of Sup Forums very well.

You don't get the full experience without godawful inking and paneling

didn't know he wrote a Thor book. I am downloading that now

I saved this list from a previous thread:

Comics:

Faust
Ranx
Schizo
Fukitor
Black Eye
Prison Pit
Boiled Angel
Sad Sex
Night Business
Officer Downe
Biologic Show
Crossed: Psychopath
Gun Fighters in Hell
U.D.W.F.G.
Psychopathia Sexualis
Glimmer Rats
The Borgias
Big Man Plans
Requiem Chevalier Vampire
Ed the Happy Clown
The Driver
Drifting Classroom
Squeak the Mouse

Companies:

Eros
Verotik
Rebel Studios
Northstar

Creators:

S. Clay Wilson
Rory Hayes (esp. Cunt Comics)
Shintaro Kago
Suehiro Maruo (the older stuff)
Toyokazu Matsunaga
Takashi Nemoto
Kentaro Miura.
Kazuo Umezu
Mark Beyer

Thanks a ton

What, uh, what is going on here, exactly?

I had a few chuckles reading it. I liked the classic goofy characterization of Thor, in contrast with the ultra-violent action. It reads like a 2000AD comic or something.

>Faust
I can confirm this is shit, unless you're looking for something to laugh at, like a super cheap straight-to-video 80s horror film.

The guy in the picture went through some experiments to give himself super powers but it made his dick fall off too. So he made himself a new one.

I have a few issues of The Borgias in Heavy Metal. It's only gory in a few places, what is more prominent is sex orgies and incest and all sorts of sexual deviance. It's great, but might not be what OP ment

Requiem Vampire Knight is just fucking balls to the wall insanity and I fucking love it. It's got it all, Satanism, sex, violence, over the top wars, degeneracy, drugs, rock and roll and Hitler's soul is used as an atomic bomb.

Also, adding to companies 2000AD, especially Judge Death, that's some crazy horror there

Man I hated that one. I was just so bored and it went nowhere.

he ripped someones spine out. He basically has all the superpower but regeneration, so they get injured and live but are maimed beyond belief.

Is this comic very long or? I'm reading right now and it's pretty short?

The Boys gets better as it goes on. Unless it bored you to tears, I really suggest you stick with it. Hitman is also pretty great.

The Vertigo horror anthology Flinch had plenty of gory shit, and it had a great catalogue of artists and writers.

I really miss Crispus Allen Spectre a lot. Gotham Central 4 Lyfe!

>biologic show

i recently found issue 0 online. should i storytime it here at some point? it would be fun, what with the october times and all

Dajjal ruining things was pretty funny, but I wish that something had happened with Morrigan Lugus taking control of Jerry Craven due to how the narrator seemed to hint at it.

It was storytimed recently

Supergod was too short, it had potential to become a better and modern Über.

Caliban. Which was a fun read.

Luther Strode

everything on that list is garbage though

>Ranx
>garbage

Nope. The majority of the list is actually pretty good stuff.

context of this scene?

HURT MY HAND

I may be remembering this wrong but in this series when people get powers parts of their body stop working. This guys dick didn't work so he made himself a new one out of spine.

All rightie. No Hero is about a organization, the Front Line, that recruits people and empowers them via a drug called FX. If you take that drug and go through a trigger event, you become a superhuman with powers related to your personality.

A young man, called Josh, joins the Front Line. He's an earnest young man and seems like the perfect candidate. But after he consumes FX, he mutates horribly - sure he has super powers (Strength and flight) but his skin melts away, his penis rots off, and he looks like a complete monster.

It turns out, in the final chapter, that 'Josh' doesn't exist. He was actually a boy raised by a serial killer, a social chameleon who knows how to project the personality and image people like the best. He was actually sent by government agencies to infiltrate the Front Line and destroy it from within. (Because no-one else has access to super powers.)

In the final sequence, Josh rampages around the Front Line's manor and proceeds to murder everyone. Remember, Josh is insane, and this is a suicide mission. So after ripping out someone's spine, he ties it onto his body as an imitation penis. (He has sexual dysfunction, because his serial killer 'father' would use to fuck the wounds of his victims).

Addition of Companies:

Boundless