Viz to publish annotated Homestuck

comicsbeat.com/viz-to-publish-webcomics-phenomena-homestuck-in-annotated-editions/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qhk1wcONXSo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Apparently they're coming with updated commentary that's different from the first print run. Not sure if that's gonna be good or bad.

>As you can see on this page, most of the main characters are white. We have since decided this was a mistake that made a great many people mad, but have left the pages largely unedited to preserve their artistic integrity.

Printing Homestuck just seems like it defeats the core concept. Homestuck's major strength was how it took advantage of the web format.

>This is Act 1. There's no homosexuality in it so it's very problematic. If you're a young hip person such as myself, this is an attack on the LGBTQ&A community. Luckily it does have Rose who has cleaned more carpets with her tongue than Mom ever did with her bronze vacuum. But she did not have her alien wife yet.

You only lose all animations and music, what are you talking about?

Too many jokes, tone it down a notch.

>but have left the pages largely unedited to preserve their artistic integrity.
>nuhussie
>integrity
>leaving pages unedited

Nothing with Rose can be interesting. She is a very stable (NOT boring) character.

Fixed

Jade isn't in acts 1 and 2.

aka the only good parts

She writes to John in Act 1 and appears in [S] Dave: Ascend to the highest point of the building.

looks like shit, andrew

Yes, and the first she isn't shown, and the second part she's a spoiler.

How does Sup Forums feel about the shocking revelation of John's pants being brown

what's they gonna do when they get to the part with the felt gang's story is happen is the page header. meta stuff is where hussie shines

Is Hussie turning into Todd? Am I supposed to be excited he's releasing Act 1 and 2 in book form... again?

To be fair, if I remember right, fanon always had that and colored Dave's shirt red and Rose's skirt as lavender.

Todd is successful and Todd's fanbase isn't ruined by stupid headcanons.
Hussie wishes he was Todd.

The original act 1 and 2 books were seperate, and since Acts 1-7 are finished now I imagine they are actually going to publish the whole thing this time, the previous publisher only got to Act 3.

Hussie's getting there!

So they ever explained who created that reality warping game?

Rose has only ever been with Kanaya who is the only doormat big enough to be with her

You mean Sburb? It makes itself by sending its code through the frog temple that the planet's programmers compile, which makes the session and in turn the frog temple.

She had a crush in other girls though like Nepeta.

That's like asking who made sperm.

Only when she was a cat

>each book is 400 pages
>over 9000 pages before the flashes have to be separated into pages
Jesus fuck

Then he can release the collector's edition complete series for 1000$ with bonus davekat slipcover

Can you make an omnibus with that many pages?

No.
It's the reproductive system for the giant frog universes in the setting so the answer is either infinite regression or some kinda wacky genesis and evolution that never got explored.

You'd have to divide it up like a dictionary.

Viz certainly has a lot of faith in this property.

Its my birthday today, so its really nice to hear about this announcement

>Putting Hiveswap next to fucking ZELDA and Jojo
Jesus Christ

Happy birthday user

>epilogue wont come out till the acts are released in book form
>that will take at least 9 years if every book is 400 pages
>10 years for the epilogue anime

>Homestuck OVA

Thanks man

I fell out of Homestuck around Cascade waiting for stuff to happen again.

.....what the fuck happened since to everyone both comic and RL. Serious, not baiting. Spill everything.

How are they going to fit Cascade into a book?

Better question, how will they fit Collide?

Hussie's dad died, he started dating Shelby who tried to make everything gay and succeeded about 75%. Homestuck ended and was disappointing to an extreme degree, and a game got made and was neither good nor bad.

>he started dating Shelby
Shelby's sister, Shelby is a lesbian

reposting
RJ got interviewed and it was pretty good, i recommend you to listen
youtube.com/watch?v=qhk1wcONXSo

tl;dr
>rj's musical progression over time
>"fake" orchestral music
>copyrights (like nic cage's song)
>felt (album) and volume 10's development
>the musicians moving on
>bill bolin (stuff we already know)
>homestuck's parts
>how homestuck terrificaly grew as a franchise
>music inspiration, post-hs career, games he is/was working
>homestuck's ending

Everyone in the comic turned gay and died. Vriska saved the day though. Kid Lord English turned out to be the comic's greatest character.

Boom, that's all of Act 6 in one paragraph.

My favorite part of the interview is RJ mentioning he stopped reading Homestuck and had to go to the MSPA wiki to find out who the characters he was writing songs for were.

You mean she's bi and says she's gay for points.

>Kid Lord English turned out to be the comic's greatest character.
Because he was literally the only villain with character development.

>RJ mentioning he stopped reading Homestuck and had to go to the MSPA wiki to find out who the characters he was writing songs for were
lmao

Jack Noir learned to love though

>Because he was literally the only character with character development.

off screen, in an alternate timeline

He loved Jade and then PM

And then Ms. Paint
For some reason

Teenage Nanna, Grandpa, Mom and Bro play the game in the "scratched" version of the universe.
The original kids meet up with them eventually.
New, even more superfluous trolls are introduced, only two of which are pertinent to anything.
There's also the young Lord English who's entertainingly malevolent and learning-disabled but doesn't get linked into the story as well as he could be.
Bunch of shit happens and almost everyone dies to the troll empress.
John survives and obtains MEGA-HAXX powers to travel through the panels and rewrite the story.
He doesn't know what to do with it so Terezi gets him to just unkill Vriska which magically fixes everything and makes Dave and Karkat realize they're gay for each other. (

We never see LE get defeated

You're right. *Something* happens. That's all we get to know.

Presumably something happens you mean.

Even if something did happen, so what? What difference does that make? They all just got swallowed by alt Calliope's asspull black hole anyway.

At least it took Davepeta with it.

If only black holes hadn't been established as a way of sending things to other universes instead of crushing them into oblivion.
Then it might make some sense to leave it there.

Yeah... Also Nepeta, Equius, Feferi, Eridan, Tavros, presumably Sollux and Aradia too. On top of giving us one of the worst conclusions to a main antagonist ever conceived.
I don't feel like it was worth it.

Hussie doesn't have as many chances of fucking up their characters.
It's better this way.

But it's the ending! Those characters deserved closure more than fucking Calliope ever did. And he wasn't even writing the story anymore at that point.

So he's doing this after alienating the people that liked the first acts years ago. Fucking genius.

Who do you think he's gonna get to write the commentary

Cohen obviously. Mind you, I'd like dril to do it.

>lil cal is 1/6 of a heart player
Deepest lor

Ins't he's going to be stuck in the doll again and then posses Jack Noir in the future just to be killed by Dave?

So there is a pre scratch caliborn?Or his parents are in his place in the old version of the universe?

Homestuck crashed and burned under its own weight. Glad these are coming out though, now I can sell my old copies and claim their some "out of print connectables" or something.

Since Calliope and Caliborn live in like, Far Future Earth I'm not sure if there would be a pre-scratch Cherub just cause of the Scratch existing, but then again Earth did exist after Sburb still for a long future if the Exile intermissions have anything to say about it. Did the Scratch erase that earth from existence or just the session, considering there are probably many other sessions from that earth, successful or not.
If a pre-scratch Cherub did exist, they wouldn't have been set up for a greater purpose like Gamzee did with the post-scratch Cherub, and just live a normal Cherub lifespan doing whatever it is Cherubs do.

That's Caliborn.

>Since Calliope and Caliborn live in like, Far Future Earth
>we also see their parents wipe out a troll colony
So this pretty much confirms the trolls move off world and it doesn't work out

Guy who asked what happened, thank you to all who replied.

With a healthy dose of "what the FUCK?" to the plot points. None of that makes sense. It already got huge with the whole troll (though I like them) and capacian (yeah I spelled it wrong, I'm sorry) stuff.

Was Jack Noir at least a fitting boss fight?

>He doesn't know what to do with it so Terezi gets him to just unkill Vriska which magically fixes everything and makes Dave and Karkat realize they're gay for each other. (

No, and the evil Jack survives for no reason.

I politely say I do not believe you and ask you tell me the truth.

If you enjoyed the first 4 acts, then you're homestucking wrong.

John gets a decent fight in with Noir. Other than that you don't want to know.
You really don't want to know.

Jack English and Spades Slick are beheaded. Jack Noir gets Ms. Paint.

.....you guys aren't kidding if all the general bitching in these threads are true.

Jesus fucking Christ. This is a lot to take in tbqh.

John gets a rematch which is cool.
But in the end he just flies around as Jade pulls his aggro like a tank until she gets punched because she forgot to keep her shield up.

>you really don't want to know
Well now I fucking have to know

If my memory recalls, he was unconscious for all of it. And is reduced to some weird threeway relationship with Dave and Jade. With Andrew indicating that the Dave/Karkat relationship is the legitimate one.

>Andrew
Shelby*
Also remember he's still mortal, and he never gets to be the troll emperor despite prophecy stating he would be.

Oh my fucking jesus christ what
Fuck, maybe I didn't need to know
>Dave/Karkat
speaking as karkat/terezi shipping filth, literally fucking why

Reminder that "Leading his people to glory beyond this realm" was already fulfilled when they played SGRUB.

>forgetting Echinda's prophecy

Kanaya knocked karkat out to keep him safe, for plot implication reasons. There was no actual plot reasons.

Because they needed to start appealing to fujos. And Hussie didn't even have the balls to commit, Jade swoops in and fucks Dave at the last minute, and Karkat gets beaten up by Clover.

>tfw they killed the best trolls first and all that was left was 3 mary sues and a fucking brat.

Well

What is it with these threads and pretending to be a estranged reader. These same questions are asked in literally every single thread, and it's obvious youre doing this just to get meme responses and start the exact same discussions. And for the people who respond every time, stop falling for this.

They never explained why this fucking clown was impossible to kill or why he was so much stronger than the other trolls right?

so apparently shelby has a curious cat

user, it was a legitimate question
i'm sorry if it triggered your shitpost alarm