hasdcdonesomethingstupidtoday.com/
dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/433545
wired.com/2010/07/alan-moore-watchmen/
newsarama.com/36786-the-full-doomsday-clock-ashcan-issue.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I guess we can update hasdcdonesomethingstupidtoday.com/

>DCfags will defend this
>DCfags will claim this a brilliant masterpiece

So it is true that they will merge Watchmen into the current line of events. I somehow feel proud of them. They're not cowards, that, I can say at least.

the story is set in 1992 apparently. the watchmen world has discovered Rorschach's journals, ozy has left the world in disarray, etc. apparently Rorschach is still alive

How?

It's not Rorsch.

I wonder if it's actually the Question pretending to be him. We don't know where he is.

Gotta wonder what is DC going to do AFTER they're finished with this...

What else can they pillage from their own past that they haven't pillaged already? V For Vendetta?

it's the fat kid with red hair at the end of watchmen after he discovers the journal. He takes it upon himself to become the new Rorschach (they both have red hair - symmetry)

Delicious tears.

Nah...

Silk in padded suit? The question only exists as a mythical creature in DC.

1992 eh?

Oh fuck oxzy plans were ruined, looks like rorsharch got the last laugh in the end

>1992
>Image starts
>They learned all the wrong lessons from Watchmen

is this pottery?

>The question only exists as a mythical creature in DC.
Is this his current status? Wasn't that now up to air in Rebirth?

that artists should retain creative rights and not allow companies to milk them for all their worth? yeah, all the wrong lessons

>Silk in padded suit?
Also, could be, I guess. Whoever they are, they are definitely lean.

Johns literally put the Trump Mexico wall in this comic. (page 4)
dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/433545
Goddamn he is terrible

this is rape

>Artists sign work for hire contracts before they start work funded by the company.
>WTF?! Why can't they keep the stuff they made on the company's dime?!

>There will also definitely be DC villains in there. "Ozymandias and Lex Luthor. That was a fun scene to write." - Johns

I dunno desu. There's many version of him. Do you want zen or objectivist or mythical?

I forgot spiral dynamics by morrisons.

Honestly, I don't know.

its gonna be Veidt, for some dumb fucking reason, you just watch

Let's get ready for the ongoing adventures of the New Minutemen in Earth-W.

>an actual full continuation to the Watchmen story
>NOT an interquel of Manhattan in self reflection on Mars. (which was the going theory until today)
>We now know that the journal was read and the truth about everything Ozymandias did got out to the public.

I'm still amazed, it has been an open question since 1985, now solved.

Also, Moore is going to be PISSED. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he tried to sue.

>"Will the fact that the DCU exists as comics in the Watchmen universe be addressed?"
>Johns says yes.
Johns also notes that 1992 is an important year in DC history.

He can't, DC has the rights as long as they keep reprinting Watchmen.

How would the Watchmen cast react to seeing Superman since he's a fictional character in their world that was stopped being published in the 50s?

>it has been an open question since 1985, now solved
No it hasn't, any self-respecting comic book reader will completely disregard the events of this in regards to its relation to Watchmen's canon

OH FUCK YOU DC

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

JUST FUCKING DIE ALREADY

Do you seriously believe 90's Image actually stood for creators' rights?
I distinctly remember several of their big guys fucking people working for them.

>Johns also notes that 1992 is an important year in DC history.

Isn't this when Superman died, Batman got his back broken AND when Hal got the yellow space bug?

This is non canon to me like some JLA vs The Avengers shit

Batman was 1993, Hal was 1994.

Fucking called it, say hello to the newest addition to the DC universe, gentlemen. Doc felt regret and created a new one

>Also, Moore is going to be PISSED. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he tried to sue.
Moore doesn't care. He hasn't cared for years. People shitposting for luls here about Moore suing DC care more about it than he does.

>“They offered me the rights to Watchmen back, if I would agree to some dopey prequels and sequels. So I just told them that if they said that 10 years ago, when I asked them for that, then yeah it might have worked,” he said. “But these days I don’t want Watchmen back. Certainly, I don’t want it back under those kinds of terms.I don’t even have a copy of Watchmen in the house anymore,” he said. “The comics world has lots of unpleasant connections, when I think back over it, many of them to do with Watchmen. I’m pretty much out of comics now,” Moore said. “I really want nothing to do with it."
wired.com/2010/07/alan-moore-watchmen/

Only Death of Superman. Knightfall was 93 and Emerald Twilight was 94.

It's when Supes died. Batman and Hal came soon after.

This MIGHT be a tie into the Death of Superman story. AKA the beginning the the 90s extreme/dark era.

They won't.
They're going to make a lot of money out of it.
And I'm going to laugh at you because there's simply nothing you can do about it.

>Moore doesn't care. He hasn't cared for years.

The millions he could get (and the Watchmen publishing rights) for DC breaking contract and publishing a full blown sequel might convince him otherwise.

What wrong lessons, may I ask?

For the last time Moore doesn't give a shit about Watchmen or DC at all

lettered pages online
newsarama.com/36786-the-full-doomsday-clock-ashcan-issue.html

He got money for the Watchmen movie adaptations but sent the checks back. It's seriously not about the money.

I'm sure DC doesn't at all know what the contract they have in their file cabinets between Moore and them states and what they can and can do and they are completely at the mercy of the acumen of the Sup Forums legal team.

Moore's never cared about the money. He'd rather the money go to the artists or in the case of Marvelman to the original creator.

>Let's make Rorschach a liberal.
God fucking dammit, we're going to have to bring this shit back again, aren't we?

he explicitly says rorschach isn't taking sides

>The Rorschach journal got out and went public.

There is something great about finding out 33 years later that Rorschach got the last laugh.

How does being against Ozymandis make him Liberal?

But this time it'll actually be accurate.

>The undeplorables scream to hear themselves deafened in their echo chambers, blaming the other side for what they have instead of who they are. While the totalitarians stand their ground, covering their eyes, preaching for the return to a rose-colored republic. Unaware that for those not like them, the good old days weren't so good.
It's likely that Rorschach is the one giving this narration.

Honestly, in a world like Watchman where nothing ever ends, it couldn't have gone any other way.

Veidt built his lie like a house of cards. Grandiose and beautiful, but all it took was one push for it all come crashing down.

Where's the one that says "hours" for Marvel?

Honestly even though this should feel like sacrilege to me the idea of ozys crazy plan going to shit since all because rorsharch actually wrote it all down is hilarious

Clearly it's Nite Owl.

>Geoff Johns

Casual reminder this man has never created anything. All he does is ruin things. Pervert them. This man is a leech.

>the idea of ozys crazy plan going to shit since all because rorsharch actually wrote it all down is hilarious

This.

Perfect example of the best laid plans going to shit because you overlook the most basic elements.

Well he is apolitical objectivism. Whereas Question was libertarian objectivism.

Holy shit this pic.

I fucking cry for out current universities and colleges.

OH THE MARVELFAGS AND MOOREFAG TEARS!

Death of Superman happens in 1992

Rorschach meets Dan DiDio.

>Green Lantern
>The Flash
>Aquaman
What?

Posting the actual pages with the dialogue.

>this man has never created anything

Its when Doc Manhattan messed with the DCU that caused everything that we’ve seen for the last 25 years

So I'm guessing Manhattan believes that only Superman being alive keeps things hopeful.

Manhattan is probably REALLY cynical that when Supes dies again or finally passes away from old age, that the universe will go to shit.

This might explain the LOSH tease from a few months back. Superman will bring up them to explain why it is important to always have hope and that people will continue to inspire hope in the future.

>apolitical objectivism
He wasn't an objectivist at all. He only read republican newspapers and ranted on about how women were inferior to men and made slight jabs at homos and explained his distaste for commies.

He's unironically a doing it for the art fag. He really doesn't care about money.

>Its when Doc Manhattan messed with the DCU that caused everything that we’ve seen for the last 25 years

This would actually be a cool twist. That the Death of Superman touched off a death spiral in the DCU.

One that has only been delayed since Superman got revived.

Objectivism is his moral code.

He was what we think of as the far right.

Heeeeeeee's baaaaaack.

>This would actually be a cool twist. That the Death of Superman touched off a death spiral in the DCU.
>One that has only been delayed since Superman got revived.

Stop. Grant Morrison is jacking off in the corner reading this.

>I was noticing that DC seems to have based one of its latest crossovers [Blackest Night] in Green Lantern based on a couple of eight-page stories that I did 25 or 30 years ago. I would have thought that would seem kind of desperate and humiliating, When I have said in interviews that it doesn’t look like the American comic book industry has had an idea of its own in the past 20 or 30 years, I was just being mean. I didn’t expect the companies concerned to more or less say, “Yeah, he’s right. Let’s see if we can find another one of his stories from 30 years ago to turn into some spectacular saga.” It’s tragic. The comics that I read as a kid that inspired me were full of ideas. They didn’t need some upstart from England to come over there and tell them how to do comics. They’d got plenty of ideas of their own. But these days, I increasingly get a sense of the comics industry going through my trashcan like raccoons in the dead of the night.

Will Raccoon Johns ever abandon his trash-digging ways?

I knew it would be bad but I didn't expect it to be this shit

That's a nice ass for a guy, Rorsch.

This is going to save the comics industry

>End of Watchmen: "Nothing ever ends, Adrian"
>"muh literary masterpiece" crowd is super butthurt about the fact that the story doesn't end with Watchmen

like poetry

Gay.

and that's the whole ashcan from DC's site.

Gotta say I'm hyped as hell.

This is literally fan fiction.

You are literally defending fan fiction right now.