DOOMSDAY CLOCK preview

DOOMSDAY CLOCK preview

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/10/06/doomsday-clock-set-date-release-death-superman-75/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can't wait for the "sacred cow" fags to jump in and get mad, even if the book turns out to be shit, in all likelihood it will be, I can sit back and laugh at people getting mad about their favourite funnybooks

>bitch to be you right now

I fucking love this page!!!

I'm sure everyone who cared spent all their fucks during Before Watchmen. I'm here to get some laughs out of Johns' attempts at metacommentary

This page will trigger so many assholes and Sup Forumsacks.

>Trump references everywhere
>completely revealing the fallout of the original book
>bringing Rorschach back

The absolute STATE of Geoff Johns

Sup Forums getting BTFO ONCE AGAIN

loving every laugh

Oh my lord and holy moleys!

>If reading this now
>If reading

please tell me that went to print like that.

>completely revealing the fallout of the original book
This is the worst part for me. A lot of people really enjoyed debating that shit.

Have you seen the catalogue?

Who is ready for this ride?

post yfw

>debating that shit
What fucking debate? Anyone who didn't think that the alien was a stopgap at best missed the point of the story.

Ok... what?

The original story ended with the with the kid finding the journal immediate after being told to run any story.

Dr. Manhattan's last words were "nothing ends".

Wouldn't this have been inevitable?

Yes, it's delicious.

In case you were wondering whether a non-Moore-written sequel that crosses over with Batman didn't dilute the point of Watchmen enough .. *tosses the delicious ambiguity of its ending out the fucking window*

Probably but not knowing is literally the point of the ending.

>Rorschach's face
I see two people at the bottom praying to a glowing white entity flexing its arm in strength, holding back darkness.

Or is it surrounded by darkness?

I'm scared.

Man, Paul Levitz made a few bad calls back in his day as Publisher, but he at least kept the Watchmen sequels and prequels from happening.

Also, didn't Johns already do the self-loathing DC-is-too-grimdark-so-let-me-do-more-grimdark metacommentary to death already in Infinite Crisis? What possible new point could he have with this?

>Modern day election politics
Welp, the Rebirth magic is dead.
It's gone, depleted and gone
It was good as it lasted

I mean, New Super-Man isn't cancelled yet, so that's something

Johns may have written this because of the elections, but the story here is perfectly in context of the diary being published. I'm not seeing any reason why me or anyone else who voted for Trump would be butthurt by anything that was shown here. Sorry to rain on your parade kids, but this ashcan isn't the SJW Marvel shit show you're all pretending this is.

I agree, sure it's a bit on the virtue signaling side, but not so much that it drowns out what it needs to be.
I would have preferred it without that crap, but it's not as bad as most.

I liked the part about Pence.

This takes place in 1992. Same year Superman died. Same time period the 90's extreme era started in comics.

The world going full on "fuck you" after realizing that all the peace was build around a lie and thousands of corpses, makes sense.

>I liked the part about Pence.

If this is set in 92 would it mean it was Bush Sr?

>Mexico Wall
>Rorschach not hating on liberals
C'mon man, Johns fucked up big

Well, the thousands of corpses wasn't anything new, but it was when the kids that were raised knowing the government would lie to your face had grown up.

DRUMPF!
FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

Either or, one representing the other.
Like M.A.S.H.

Let’s see what Diversity & Comics says about it.

Captain Cummings will do fine also

>Implying that's actually Rorschach and not Silk or Owl in disguise

I am really wondering if Johns will pay any attention to the bit at the end of Watchmen about her wanting a new costume more like her father's.

I'd be fin if it was a fake out.

It's not Walter Kovacs under that mask.

I hate that first panel so much.

I guess I should say American Corpses on the ruins of New York City.

He downright calls them undeplorables. And we really don't know if this guy is actually Rorschach.

He's said that he's taking the fact that Action Comics exists in Watchmen into account, and given pic related I definitely think he has.

Wut? Did Manhattan teleport him somewhere but make a blood splatter appear just to cover his tracks?

>Geoff Johns, at the Doomsday Clock panel at New York Comic Con has been insistent that the date Doomsday Clock is set on is very important. In the ashcan it is either November 22nd or the 23rd.

>That, for DC Comics watchers is the weekend after the release of Superman #75, the Death Of Superman.

bleedingcool.com/2017/10/06/doomsday-clock-set-date-release-death-superman-75/

Interesting point, but is it still Rorschach?

Hypercrisis? Or it needs to be entirely coincidental to be Hypercrisis?

Does this mean there's a bunch of old Vietnamese who have nightmares about a giant, naked blue man?

Title wise sure, but it's not the same guy

It's obviously not coincidental

The week Superman died in the comics, the Watchmen world (in which Superman is fictional) goes to shit.

Sure, let's call them nightmares.

Are you implying he visits them at night?

No, I mean that if it needs to be coincidental to be considered Hypercrisis?

I know that detail and find it pretty damn neat. The beginning of the extreme 90's started because Superman died and a world that represents a lot of what inspired comic books (Watchmen) is going to shit at the same date. It's a cool detail.

He's asking if it's hypercrisis if it's intentional, not if the date was intentional

Is Vietnam the Thailand of the Watchmen world?

It is for Dr. Manhattan it seems.

You realise it's literally quoting Rorschach's journal directly, right?

>Is complaining
>Hasn't even read the book

elaborate

NITEOWL AND RORSCHACH WILL NEVER DIE!

>I lived bitch

But really... What the fuck?

No one would have believed it. Why would you believe the words of a confirmed mad man and his vague journals with vague hints?

Isn't that what kept happening with Tim and others being ported around?

Say whatever you want about the rest of the book. but the idea that all news networks getting shut down by the one goverment sponsored news at the same time is a pretty good scene to show a country falling into facism.

Because people probably investigated I to it, this is 1992, not 1985, it's been years since the attack happened. The journal was a catalyst for conspiracy nuts and then when people looked into it turns out it was true.

The world's not been falling apart the day after the book eneded, it's only recently

he put himself back together.

This is really hard to believe. I can see it happening with networks in american soil. But foreign networks? No amount of trade deals, economic blocks or threats of violence can shut down loud angry foreign people.

Yeah, no it doesn't work like that or else Hillary would be in Prison for Pizza Gate. There are so many assumptions here
>That he would actually publish the journel
>That anyone would be swayed by it
>That the government would be fucking swayed by it

But Buckley was almost 70 in 1992, he definitely didn't look that young

Thing is, if a giant alien from beyond attacked and killed 3 million people, people would look into that.
All the stuff Ozy set up might have left evidence that new tech could discover.

The difference here is that Veidt is a lone wolf mad scientist who bamboozled every government on earth. If those governments had even a shred of evidence of this, they would fucking leap on it.

Your stupid ass example is still that of a conspiracy against an established government official, which is completely different.

>Yeah, no it doesn't work like that or else Hillary would be in Prison for Pizza Gate. There are so many assumptions here
It's different when you murder 3 million people and the world is on the brink of a nuclear holocaust
>That he would actually publish the journel
Why wouldn't they? They said to run absolutely anything and they'd probably think that Rorschach's journal would be an interesting real
>That anyone would be swayed by it
Conspiracy nuts would be, like I said it's not an overnight change
>That the government would be fucking swayed by it
If the population believes it to the point where the Russians will nuke you you've not no other chance but to be swayed by it

>shit
YES

YESS

And the journal would just be used to "confirm it"

>Veidt wasn't working with the government
kek.
>Conspiracy nuts will convince the government
So 9/11 was an inside job and everyone believes it?

>kek
What, do you not believe me? At what point is it hinted that the American government colluded with Veidt on the alien scheme?

Is the fact that Rorschach somehow is still alive supposed to be some kind of metaphor for "The Death & Return Of Superman"?

>I'm not seeing any reason why me or anyone else who voted for Trump would be butthurt by anything that was shown here.
1 - Giving credibility to Hillary's psychotic dismissal of everyone who differed from her with the deplorables line.
2 - "Blaming the other side for what they have instead of who they are"
This line is being used to invalidate every single fucking issue voiced by Trump supporters/conservatives. It's a catch all dismissal, no matter what you have suffered, no matter how you or your family has been victimized, if you are even VAGUELY prejudiced against any sub group of any race or culture, you are a genocidal nazi bigot who doesn't have the right to be heard. Everything wrong in your life is a result of being racist. Period.

Possibly being privately racist doesn't make jobs unavailable, CHEAP FUCKING LABOR DOES which Illegal Immigrants factually provide.

Possibly being privately racist didn't get your "insert family member or friend" killed in a drive by, intercity black ghetto culture fucking did.

3 - Calling people who simply want back ground checks on everyone of ANY race coming into the country and who simply want Blacks to stop burning towns to the ground totalitarians.

Jesus Christ, you read so hard into this. And the best part is, all you've demonstrated is how fucking stupid you are.

>So 9/11 was an inside job and everyone believes it?
No, conspiracy nuts start it, the snowball rolls and people look into it, turns out Ozy orchestrated the whole thing. Can you not grasp that this isn't a 9/11 conspiracy, it's much, much bigger than that and true. The attack is the biggest event that's ever happened, arguably more important than Doctor Manhattan, of course people are going to take it more seriously than something like 9/11

It's Bruce reading the journal

>All this fucking projection
God damn you fags are triggered. There's no other word for it.

user, you do realize that one section of that paragraph is meant for right wingers WHILE the other is for liberals and left wingers? I mean, there is a reason why it's structured as: "... While the totalitarians..."

I think you feel persecuted and you are projecting very hard on this book. Or you are baiting.

>being sick of blatant politics in comics makes you a Sup Forumsack

Watchmen is a political comic, of course a Watchmen sequel is going to be political.

I think Sup Forums hating itself would explain a lot.

I never said he did. That doesn't mean the american government would act based on a conspiracy theory or else you would have had Pizza gate and 9/11 being investigated.
>And true
That is what every conspiracy theorist believe. How do they have any more proof than Pizza gate?

>Watchmen
>Not political
What else do you expect them to do in a sequel? It's like saying you're sick of batwank and complaining that the DK3 was calcified batwank

Funny how comics getting "political" just boils down to "fuck drumpf and fuck white people!"

There are big differences between a What if History story and
>IT'S 1992
>BUT I FUCKING HATE TRUMP

Yeah and I'm not too keen on Johns bringing in the Watchmen. The whole thing is Moore's personal soap box. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but forgive me for being hesitant because political commentary in comics hasn't been great recently

I don't know, the fact that a goddamn alien corpse is sitting on their lawn and they can run all manner of tests on it, like it if even has any real manner of xenomolecules or if it was made up of material found on Earth.

This isn't accusations of pedophilia or a faked attack on U.S soil, it's a goddamn alien invasion that never came. You best belive questions will be asked, especially by a government that was completely blindsided by it.

>Hmm I don't know how to think, let's wait for this youtuber to do it for us

No, you can also be an asshole!

>WHILE the other is for liberals and left wingers? I mean, there is a reason why it's structured as: "... While the totalitarians..."
No because it said the totalitarians are preaching for a return to a "rose colored republic".
Trump supporters are the ones arguing for a return to something.