So, back in the 1990s, how long did it take people to realize Spawn was boring as fuck?

So, back in the 1990s, how long did it take people to realize Spawn was boring as fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t3KY46nXfH4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When casuals noticed that he's a ghost rider rip off.

Took me about 86 issues. I was slow on the uptake.

I didn't, he was my main in Soulcalibur 2.

He' s Superman but black and evil and looking more like Spider-Man
There is a reason he was popular

He's absolutely nothing like Superman.

He's not even evil until way into the comic either

He can beat anyone and has all the powers

He's black and red and demonic

I don't know nigga but back in the day I dropped it when it was in the 50's and comics altogether except for Sandman and Vertigo tpbs until Whedons Xmen

He's not black. He was a white man that turned black and back into white with acid or some shit.

There was a white spawn for a while and a Japanese one and a bunch of spawns before them but Al Simmons is black.

I mean the same person turns into a different skin color through acid or some shit, didn't mean different people.

What are you on? Al Simmons is black.

I'm kind of confused but I think he's talking about that one issue where Al first tried to shift his burn victim face into human form and wound up looking like a white guy.

I think that's it, it's been so long.

Nothing made sense right away. Just nowhere to go.

Maybe the shitty movie did it

I bought 96 issues, then my lcs closed. What happened with Malebolgia?!?!

That sounds about right.

all of you can eat shit

spawn was cool as fuck for a while

It stills baffles me that Injustice 2 faggots are demanding him in the game. WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!? 9/10 of them cant admit that they just think he looks cool, which is debatable

That's the only reason he was popular in the first place. Todd, and later Greg, just wanted to draw cool looking shit. There was a great splash of a car crashing into Al as he protected the bums, kinda l8ke the video for that "Rabbit in your headlights" video with Thom Yorke vocals. Very little made any sense apart from being edgy.

Spawn is such a blatant fucking ripoff of Ghost Rider it's ridiculous.

Hey man, I never abandoned Spawn.

Are you seriously fucking Avatarfagging with Squigly gifs?
Fuck off autist.

>one post
>avatarfagging
fuck off newfriend

God he's too good. I had never played it and was shitting all over everyone once I figured him out.

And several other posts.
Fuck off you Tumblr Autist.

not me faggot, guess there's just another squiglyfriend has good taste.

>n-n-n-not me I swear

neck yourself kid

youtube.com/watch?v=t3KY46nXfH4
this explains it pretty well

I liked Spawn until the story with the cyborg ape.

it had great arcs. i grew up with it so im bias but spawn was always cool.

whatever pal

By the time Morrison left and it was obvious that McFarlane was never going away, it was obvious there was no coming back.
I bought 90something issues though, but in my defense, I was 12.

What the fuck are you talking about?
Is this something that really happened?

Fuck ff autist.

>Ghost Rider

From A-list to a literal who in only a few years.
just imagine where Ghost Rider could've been by now if Marvel had led their (good) writers some leeway back then.

It fucking KILLS me that they got the directors of Crank to do a Ghost Rider movie but didn't give them the creative freedom they needed. If that shit was full on Crank craziness and rated R it would have been GOAT, we need an R-rated crazy Ghost Rider action movie. How the fuck did they do two movies about a fucking flaming skeleton on a motorcycle from hell and make them both dreadfully boring?

I don't read Ghost Rider but I'm pretty sure Blaze doesn't spend most of his time sitting in an alleyway drinking with hobos while crying about his ex.