Kill Six Billion Demons - KSBD K6BD

Kill Six Billion Demons, Something Wicked This Way Blows edition

>Prayer of Forgiveness

>Her journey is far from over

I think the last few pages have been gorgeous but character-wise very unsatisfactory. I was never really on board with the character criticism of K6BD we had around here earlier, but this stuff with 82 feels way weaker and more rushed/done for reasons of plot convenience than the earlier stuff with 2 Michael and Delicious.

I mean 82 meeting Delicious again in the Void was the moment I was 100% sold I would be reading this comic for the long haul. In comparison, these character beats have been kind of shite. I don't know, sooner they're back to the dungeon crawl the better for me.

Broccoli Angel.

I think it was predictable to some extent, but the execution is good, if nothing new.

>Ignoring the last panel with old hungry bitch finally making her return

I thought the bodies that angels had couldn't be repaired?

Oh shit. Isn't that the crazy old zombie bitch's floating castle?

I don't agree that much.

What do you mean, finally? It's been like two days in comic. I would have expected Motom to be busy with finding a new source of immortality for a long while yet.

Where did you read that? Nobody's said that.

>her

HAS

Talking about Mottom

HO FUCK

any significance of that piece of cloth? I dont remeber.

I personally am not very into this comic, but every now and then I used to pass by the threads out of curiosity. Back then those threads would be super active, easily hitting like 300 comments, but lately it seems they'll be lucky to hit 100. Did something happen?

Just that Nyave bought it as a gift for White Chain, then WC told her to fuck off that Angels couldn't take gifts.

the action slowed down to focus more on the various little characters

I think the major issue is everyone but White Chain knew she was lying to herself. Her characterization is SO CLEAR that she can't even lie to the reader. This turnaround was all but a given. The chance White Chain would truly join the side of the crazed and hopeless was incredibly low.

All the better this was resolved quickly as it was. Dragging out something we all know is a lie is bad form.

It'll still serve as a strong point of growth for White Chain, though. It wasn't pointless. It's just reaffirming what she already knew she couldn't let go of.

>All the better this was resolved quickly as it was. Dragging out something we all know is a lie is bad form.

Wow, I never realized how much I don't like that sort of thing being stretched. Good point.

I try.

Moments like this serve a purpose for character growth, but when we all know what's going on it's best to resolve it and move on. This is certainly a turning point for White Chain. It being an obvious conclusion doesn't change that.

Wtf I like Whitechain again.

Wait.

WAIT WAIT WAIT

is that MOTTOM?!

Holy shit, crazy brown doom granny is going after the Key of Kings now?!

Well, this promises to get all sideways in a hurry!

i still don't get how angels work.

Why and how does (s)he have a face yet again? i thought (s)he had it develop from a millenia of exposure to humans, and it all got reduced to nothing when (s)he ripped it off. So why id it suddenly reform? I get it that (s)he had a moment and everything, but at best that should only start the changes yet again, like changing the color to a bit brigther again, not just plop it all back.

aren't the devils the ones who can change apperance so willy-nilly based on emotions, and angels supposed to the opposite of that?

CRASHING THIS FLYING PALACE
WITH NO SURVIVORS!

sneaky gold/treasure heist my ass

>Allison and co. trying to SNEEKI BREEKI their way through the fortress
>Crazed dying demiurge turbocunt crashes this palace with no survivors and everything goes to shit

Abandon is just based enough for this to happen. It's right up his alley.

>aren't the devils the ones who can change apperance so willy-nilly based on emotions, and angels supposed to the opposite of that?
I think that's the point, White Chain is showing how unlike the other angels she is.

Everyone's going to get ass fucked and it's going to be great.

You have it exactly wrong. A Devil's face is fixed, an Angel's is mutable.

Devils are literally defined by their masks, their masks are what make them who they are. They can't change them any more than you can change your childhood or your genes or what have you. An Angel's face is literally just a costume, their real forms don't have them, they have no need for them. They're affectations, White Chain only wears one at all because she identifies with humans.

>Abandon is just based enough for this to happen.

Wow, this actually makes a lot of sense.

Mottom was terrified of the other demiurges losing to jaggy, and Allison knocked that shit out of kilter and killed her.

She needs another source of immortality, and FUCK the other demiurges, and she'll fucking kill jagganoth too if she can get her hands on that key.

Allison's attack on Mammon is about to get a LOT more robust.

>Mama Om crashes her castle into the vault.
>The Band of Mercenaries investigates the huge gaping hole in the supposed most secure structure in throne
>Every demon and criminal within 9999 blocks swarm in for a giant brawl, all the while getting snatched up by traps and mimics.
It's gonna be a glorious bloodbath.

time for round 2!

>Meanwhile Incubus's dream cocaine palace
>*Internal Screaming*

>and when they reach Mammon's personal room
>he's already dead in bed
>holding a will
>"I bequeath all these money and loot to Allison"

>Wearing your own face as a half mask
Neat

CHOO CHOOOO! ALL ABOARD THE MURDEROUS GRANNY EXPRESS!

Awwww yeah Motty May gonna get stupid all up in here.

WHEN

I saw no indication that the ripping off of the face was reducing everything that had happened to nothing, so much as it was white chain trying to fit with orders.

FUCK if Mottom ends up actually teaming up with Allison and co (however deliberately) that would be amazing.

EAT ALL THE DEMONS, MURDER GRANNY!

White chain looks a lot more androgynous now

It’s the pecs

You got something wrong here. Yes, an angel's appearance is based on their mentality and self-image. And that's it. Most angels are more stable, but White Chain is going through an identity crisis and is having trouble between adhering to the old ways and following her own heart.