Why is Daphne so boring and personality-less? Even Freddy has more going on

Why is Daphne so boring and personality-less? Even Freddy has more going on.

I don't know

>character is from an older series, damsel in distress mostly
>every new incarnation tries to "fix" this with a new trait
>next incarnation forgets this trait, adds different one
>character is now literally everything

Hasnt her thing been mostly “super rich girl obsessed with fashion”? When did they change it and to what?

Watch Be Cool. Might want to bring lotion

>2006-2008
>2015

People are afraid to have hot chicks be expressive for some reason

I don't get it. Personally I love it when you can really tell how someone's feeling, as opposed to like sorta the vacant doll face supermodel look. So much so that it can compensate for other issues, like say, the lack of a nose.

But to each their own I guess

kinda glad most of these make her a orange-ish redhead.

shes clashes too much with velma when its darker

Daphne? Boring?

You should spend some time talking to her. She's actually extremely fascinating and complex. She also a sweet sense of humor when she feels comfortable enough to let it show. She seriously had me cracking up. She's actually a secret introvert, but since Velma is "the introverted one" Daphne felt obliged to be outgoing and popular, and it just kind of clicked. You should hear her talk about Fred. She totally knows what an idiot he is, but she doesn't judge him for it. She appreciates what's in her heart. I totally get that. Here's something you probably don't know about Daphne: she loves to read! It's true. She can talk for hours about Nabokov and Camus and Faulkner. Remember when Velma couldn't figure out who was stealing her books? It was Daphne. Don't worry, she gave them back! That's Daphne for you. Anyway, she also has a great relationship with her dad. So she grew up around fly fisherman, and she's extremely knowledgable about it. She's also one of the few girls I know who can whistle -- another trait she got from her father. Unfortunately, she isn't very close to her mother. Maybe that's why she feels like she has to mother Fred so much.

I am 100% okay with the personality transplant they gave to Be Cool Daphne.

Does Daphne win Shaggybowl?

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is patrician taste

Was Daphne rich in the original? I know she's rich in later series.

These. By far the best character in the show. I hope she's a goofball in future iterations.

>every female character has to be a weird goofball now
Why can't female characters ever just... be normal anymore. Can't just be a girl who wants to bang some dude and likes clothing.

>every female character has to be a weird goofball now
Huh? Who are you talking about?

Making a female character the supercompetent one to contrast the idiot boys is done too much. Making a female character have no personality beyond 'the girl' is also done too much. Goofball is better than those.

Because she's hot. That's how most hot girls are IRL.

Scoob, like, no dogs on the internet buddy.

>not liking best incarnation of Scooby Doo
lorefag btfo

Scooby Doo is the worst show

Boring and repeatable with no interesting characters

The worst nightmare of my childhood was Cartoon Network's Scooby Doo weekend marathon, a whole weekend without cartoons

1998-2005 has the best Scooby movies, don't even bother to prove me wrong because you know you can't.

What the fuck was going on in 2006-2008 that nobody remembers that Scooby Doo?

What was happening?

She’s rich, a master martial artist, and a detective. She’s the Batman of the group.

>What was happening?
>Johnny Test
>Loonatics Unleashed
>Skunk Fu

I was avoiding Kids WB like the plague, that's what was happening

That happens with Fred, too.
>60s/70s: No-nonsense legit detective
>PNSD: Bossy idiot
>2000s: close to 60s/70s, but slightly more goofy
>Live action movies: Insecure gloryhog
>Modern: Competent, but weird

Hell, even Velma was kind of inconsistent up until the late 90s.

Fred had this problem too

She looks like she was drawn by MacFarlane.

Lola Bunny.

What happened in 2006?

>Why is Daphne so boring and personality-less
t.gay person

Only because they pile on more things for her to be with each show.