X-Men General!

Apparently a new Storm series is coming.
>In the Q&A portion of the eventful panel, a fan asked about the possibility of a solo series for the fan-favorite mutant who made her thunderous debut in Giant-Size X-Men #1. Alonso responded, “Yeah…Depends on our schedules, let’s put it that way…we have specific interest.”
>“But it’s happening?” the fan pressed.
>Alonso responded, “Yeah.”

What creative team would you like to see?

What are your other hopes & ideas for the X-Men both comics & film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bewk5dF_BoY
artfiles.alphacoders.com/829/82912.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kinda hoping for Ta Nehisi Coates but I have low expectations.

I dunno what the angle is for a Storm book though

I would like to see them put a black female writer and artist on the series. It would be good for diversity. The artist should also draw Storm to be thicker like real black women who don't need no man

Film? I don't care.

I just want X-Men comics back to what they were.
I want new mutants.
I want fun X cartoons and video games again.

>What creative team would you like to see?
Writing - Writer of Panther's recent ongoing if he can keep BLM and American black issues out of the book completely.

Art - Wouldn't mind Acuna as seen in the OP post.
Marco Checchetto would probably be my first choice after his Old Hawkman book is done (such a waste)
Regardless I would really like a return to her X-Treme X suit. Just make the yellow stripe a red x.

Storm is like Martian Manhunter, she's best on a team but can only do so much on her own. She doesn't have an interesting supporting cast outside of the X-Men and I don't really see any potential stories.

I like Storm, especially naked, but we all know this comic would fail. Just like her last one.

Stop that.

If Cap Marvel, Ms Marvel, America and Moon Girl are alive with shitty sales... I guess Storm has a chance, right?

>and I don't really see any potential stories.
Fighting the Egyptian gods. (maybe with thor)
Teaming up with Moon Knight to investigate some mystical African mysteries.
>I like Storm, especially naked
Yes.

>none of that will happen
>especially the naked part

Is Seven to Eternity almost done?
Get Jerome Opena back to draw it.

AUGH!

I fucking hate Storm. Just what I don't want: more boring Storm stories in another failed attempt at a solo series. Literally the only X-Men characters that even partly work as solo characters are Wolverine, Deadpool and maybe Cable.

it doesn't matter

the writer is going to be some author I've never heard of hired only because they were black and Marvel only has minority authors on minority characters.

she fucks people while Forge watches from his cuck shed

>more storm

Can't wait for it to not sell while characters that could have interesting stories (that also don't sell) sit around being furniture for Kitty Pryde to boss around

I've read somewhere that Storm and Blacl Panther are going to be athing again.

I hope now that Wolverine is back, he cucks BP again.

>Shipp will never do a photoshoot recreating that cover...

i want new mutants and New Mutants

Name three arcs made in the past decade that are worth reading from the X-Men line! You can't!

>Storm solo series

I'd have been cool with this like a decade ago.

I don't trust the current Marvel to do it right, though. I don't trust them not to turn it into some kind of black separatist/nationalist story.

Storm is a student of Professor X, not Magneto. Marvel should write her leaning towards MLK, not Malcolm X. There was a time when Marvel would have done exactly that and a Storm solo would have been on my acquisition list immediately. Now is not that time.

The only non-Star Wars Marvel book I'm buying right now is Soule's Astonishing X-Men, and then only because Soule's on it and I loved his work on Lando, Obi-Wan & Anakin, and the new Vader volume (and his Poe Dameron run has been an excellent effort despite the woeful source material). Legacy has me vaguely considering Waid's Captain America and absolutely nothing fucking else. Prove to me that you won't fuck up and maybe I'll buy in.

Do Marvel create new mutants?
The only "new" ones are version from other universes or clones of already known mutants as much as I know.

i cant name a single one in the history of comic books

Guys I am scared about Dark Phoenix.
I actually liked Apocalypse a good deal.
But this talk of making it grounded is just fucking utterly infuriating.

And who the fuck is Chastain playing?

Star Wars is gay and overdone.

So?

People who keep reading its comics are gay and bad. You don't want to be gay and bad, right? Make the right choice.

Storm had a solo series a couple of years ago. I wouldn't mind her getting another solo series again but done right but I don't trust Marvel with the X-Men right now.

>Every arc from Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force except the one with Captain Britan.
>Yost's X-Force
>X-Force - Sex & Violence mini.
>Haven't finished it but the first few arcs of Cable & X-Force was decent.

>Storm had a solo series a couple of years ago
Which was good.

Who's /Gifted/ here?

I want more of that exact X-Men anime so bad.

Apocalypse was perfectly fine up until and including the big Quicksilver scene. The only problem I had with it up until then was the fact that Oscar Isaac's Apocalypse looks like a Oompa-Loompa who ate the blueberry gum and got juiced but stayed blue.

After that scene, though, it was like the movie just didn't care anymore. In terms of effects, writing, and acting, Apocalypse turned into a SyFy original movie as soon as the Quicksilver scene was over. The effort was just gone.

Yes, give her Japan. They already made her really popular over there with that show.

>Apocalypse turned into a SyFy original movie
Fuck off with that bloody exaggeration at worst it became a bayformers-ish action fest.
And the final confrontation was great, beautiful music track during it - youtube.com/watch?v=bewk5dF_BoY

Honestly? Claremont. Let him run crazy with Storm and see if he comes up with something interesting. Way better than having her adhere to some retarded racist black identity bullshit the token black writers they'll assign to her will cough up.

even if the book is shit, at least it will be someone's fetish fuel.

I agree. Though I could dig a "young storm in egypt" book.

I'm tired of the leotard and I've always hated the mohawk. Can Storm get a cool costume now?

My complaints are
>underwhelming Apocalylse and his design
>terrible Jean Grey
>no 80's like atmosphere

What kind of costume would you like to see, user?

>Storm is a student of Professor X, not Magneto. Marvel should write her leaning towards MLK, not Malcolm X.
You could say this exact thing about Cyclops.

> JMS, Olivier Coipel & Marko Djurdjevic will never made Storm great again like they did for Thor...

GENTLEMEN

I'VE GOT IT

Storm in the savage lands.

Art by Cho.

>that generic ass orchestral track
Really not helping your case here.

>Djurdjevic
I miss him Sup Forums!
artfiles.alphacoders.com/829/82912.jpg

It goes into generic bombastic territory but at first it's rather subtle and emotional.

What the fuck is wrong with Marvel guys...

> Weapon X with Domino my favorite mutant in her element on a kill crew with sexy lady deathstrike for good measure...

> Puts Greg Fucking Land on art...
> Later adds the notably better Ibram Roberson but he isn't doing the beautiful under shaded style he had on generation hope. (pic related)
> Weapon Hulk the most generic unimaginative childish 90s concept ever.

You would think Fox would try a Storm movie in the 80s set after Apocalypse to capitalize on both female lead success in WW and Black Panther's upcoming success.

Kick Panther to the curb and stamp on him.

Okay first I thought it was dumb to ship them because powertheme-similarity and Storm is always seen as kinda goddes-like

But now I ship it

Where's #6 from, because DAMN

Honestly Im surprised it's taken this long.

Boondocks season 3

>hoping for Ta Nehisi Coates
The fuck is wrong with you?

Rivera and Malin
That's all what the X Old Guard deserves
Or maybe Whitley and Cho for the keks

His first arc on the main Panther book was fucking great and had none of that shit in it.

Thanks

Fund it!

I want to discuss semi-related X-Men stuff.
anyone has balls to talk with me?

Yes

A creative team that isnt a fan of that shitty Black Panther x Storm shit

>Legacy
>X-Factor
>Gillen's X-Men
>various Secret Wars minis

Claremont is an old guy

+1

Ehhhh.

I guess that's always an option.

>JMS
Well Bendis made sure of that.

Some cheap anime with OC child protags and with Marvel heroes in it or something

Okay
Really?
Could you list some of them?

>Okay
Choose your pick
>Ka-Zar
>Captain Britain
>Cloak and Dagger
>Power Pack
>New Warriors
>in4 they ain't x-men
That's why I said SEMI, because there are parts that can be discussed here.

>Could you list some of them?
For starters the guy in Gen X, the girl with horns (Li something?). Claremont himself introduced 2 new mutants, despite saying that marvel doesn't allow new mutants.

I am not a fan of the current direction of the x-men comics.
it seems like there is no plan apart from 80s and 90s cartoon nostalgia
everything from Morrison on has been deleted and vilified, excepted for 2 of the most disliked characters, Fantomex (whom I like a lot), and Quentin Quire (I dislike what Aaron made of him).

I miss Utopia, and I also kinda miss X-Club (Kavita Rao, Danger, Dr Nemesis, Madison Jeffries)

btw, I had a dream last night, and all I remember from it is "discovering" Xorn was only 24 years old. I need to think of the X-Men less.
It would be positive if the 05 died/went back to the past. Or even if they merged with their older selves.
If they send them to an Exiles styles book, Id fear having them back in the main books again once the fake Exiles book gets cancelled (which would happen soon)

Morrison is the main reason that x-men are shit these days. He turned them from superheroes to school

Why did every female hero beat up on red hulk? What did they mean?

Dark Phoenix is a giant red flag with how the film was never officially announced and how they are being absolutely secret about it.

>generation hope
That was Second Coming, your picture.

Claremont and somebody that could draw hot women would be best.

Hopefully the new book let's her leave the X-Men for a little while and not be overran by its happenings like Pak' s book was.

She already controlled the Phoenix in her first try , seems too late to suddenly make it some forbidden malicious entity possessing her

People have obsession with Claremont, while at the same time they hate his new works.

Rulk was clearly Cho's self insert during the Lady Liberators issue.

Diden't Storm have a solo series a couple of years back?

When will the X-Teens come back?

Why is Susan so buff? I love it, but it's weird.

Haven't seen much hate for the recent Nightcrawler book though

>pic
>calling someone a jughead
>while juggling all these great jugs

>Haven't seen much
You haven't seen much either

Honestly if done right I wouldn't mind it. X-men now a days is about a bunch of diverse people abandoning their pasts and heritage because they have an x-gene and going "I'm not black/indian/whatever I'm a mutant". What happens when a mutant decides to keep with their culture or when one who left comes back. Now the big problem is this requires good writers which Marvel lacks

I know a lot of people hate Sage, but she does things to my dick

bring back her nudism

5>6>2>3=8=4>>>>>>trash>>>>>>>>>>
everything else

Dark Pheonix will suck, and the new casting sucks for all of them. I'm only interested in New Mutants now. Even Deadpool 2 sounds like it's going to be bad

I miss them too user

Expecting Japan of all places to make a comic/manga about an actual African-American (African immigrant)christmas cake and not either make a generic Japanese steel donuts, pick a Japanese X-man (Probably Psyloc, Armor if know and Sunfire if they have taste), or go the ultimate pleb route and choose Kitty. Shit like Afro Samurai and Blaster Knuckle are those rare miracles from heaven.

yes, but he still has functioning eyes, unlike JMS

I really like X-treme X-men. And the Nightcrawler book is regarded as one of the best recent X-men books

>regarded as one of the best recent X-men books
>source
All I've seen is "meh"

a solo book about an alternate universe gwen stacy come to 616. she is a mutant and a recovering drug addict whose power is to trap other people in visions of their own personal paradise. call it X-Stacy

that's because The Gifted is the priority now marketing wise.

Oh man you are so late to the party.

A Storm solo is the only book I'd like Claremont to come back. Ororo was always his fetish character.
Let him do whatever he wants in the 10-12 issues the book is going to last.

>And the Nightcrawler book is regarded as one of the best recent X-men books
It's ultra mediocre.

damn. I was hoping it was the one X- pun they hadnt used yet.

Well that does narrow it down to 2 or 3, thanks!

real subtle huh

good post

what book is this from?