Amazon is coming to Australia and wants to ‘destroy’ local retailers

>Goodbye everyone working at Woolies, Coles and Aldi.

An international fund manager who claims to have been briefed on Amazon’s expansion plans into Australia says it wants to “destroy” the local retail industry upon its launch next year.

“We spoke to the guy rolling out Amazon’s business here in Australia and in his words: ‘We are going to destroy the retail environment in Australia’,” Watermark Funds Investment chief investment officer Justin Braitling said, as reported in The AFR’s Chanticleer column today.

The investment executive said that Amazon would open distribution and performance centres in every state in 2017 and will have both general and fresh items ready to go upon launch.

“They will also be putting physical stores on the ground which I don’t think anyone knows about,” he told the AFR.

“These will mainly be in regional areas because fulfilment is a lot harder in regional areas than in the cities.”

businessinsider.com.au/fund-manager-amazon-is-coming-to-australia-and-wants-to-destroy-the-retail-industry-2016-11

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg
files.catbox.moe/qp8p2j.m4b
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

Good, Woolies and Coles treat their workers like shit and are the original chokeholders of small businesses. There's always a bigger fish.

Fucken oath mate

This is true. I'm keen to see Woolies and Coles get destroyed but is Amazon going to better for Aussies? Seems like we will be seeing massive shutdowns of supermarkets across Australia.

I don't care about the companies but that's a lot of jobs gone.

>tfw Australian companies destroy local New Zealand companies, but then an American company comes and destroys them.
Karma's a bitch.

>(((Australian companies)))

I have always envied America for having access to Amazon. You can buy ANYTHING on there and get it sent to you fast.

Of course at the end of the day it is actually not a good thing. Materialism never actually satisfies, and the processes which lead to something like Amazon and its business model are fundamentally alienating and destructive to society.

No, we do not want that crap here.

Yeah the material would increase and people would go outside less but it would be 30% cheaper. Overall I see it as a bad thing though.

Amazon is already here.

Amazon Web Services has an office in Exhibition Street in Melbourne.

In terms of brick and mortar, there's really not much left to compete with. Book chains and other media stores are gone with the exception of JB Hifi.

Man, 'member BORDERS though? That shit was good. Back in 2008, I'd roam the books at the end of a week at uni. And the range was unmatched. Not even Readings could compete.

I credit that store for cultivating my political and economic interests.

Let 'em compete with grocers. Aldi is fairly new anyway..

I miss borders as well. Was fucking gutted when they closed it down here.

Dymocks is still around for books iirc

Torrenting and kindle ended my book-buying habit.

I can't say I miss it. Books were way too expensive.

I have tens of thousands of books on my PC now. Cost me nothing.

Good, you aussie scumbags have gotten away with it for too long

I would be incredibly impressed the big 3 constraints on cheaper goods in aus (imo) are shipping, smaller consumer base and exchange rates, if amazon forces change in one of those areas i'm all for it

TFW today after work in the supermarket some woman walked up to me with an intense stare and then mumbled you don't work here when i had to swerve out of her way

Worst case coles and woolies will merge.

Say goodbye to decent working conditions and fair wages. Enjoy your forced unpaid 90 minutes a day of waiting in line getting patted down in and out of the warehouse. Your country is fucked now too haha.

Yeah you can get anything from amazon but why would you want to?

Basically everything i've ever bought from them other than books and video games is a cheap piece of Chinese flea market crap; i've literally bought things that have fallen apart by the time they're delivered

No m8 even our conservative politicians won't let workers turn into complete serfs.

You don't understand what it is like in normal countries.

>tfw Australia can't have a rebellion because our only weapons are cricket bats

It's a good feel! I love Amazon™ and the jewish religion. Capitalist oligarchies are my favourite politics!

Fuck I miss Borders. They had a big ass shop in the Westfield I go to before they left. Place had awesome books, pretty much of every kind you'd ever want. If it were still here today I don't know how many comics I would have bought.
I hope Woolies and Coles get fucked, Aldi's better, even for a Kraut company they have good food miles.

Long live Capitalism.
Really, this is what you get without market regulations: Oligopolies.

Why did the Jews go to Australia more than New Zealand?

I guess it seems you guys keep them out of government more

Fucking Capitalist cunts trying to drive up the cost of living even higher.

REVOLUTION WHEN?

>Rule Australia, Australia rules the coons
>Strayans never never never will bve slaves

good, let them do their worst coles and woolies need competition

Turning them into a bigger business and creating a bigger gap for success. Big companies will
merge to compete with lower prices and survive and small businesses will die.

>Why did the Jews go to Australia more than New Zealand?

More money in Australia then NZ. They may be somewhat out of government but they make up like 60% of our top 20 richest people IIRC. 0.5% of the population = 60% of the richest.

A couple are crypto but yeah they dominate in Australia but they are much more behind the scenes than the US.

nah fuck those krauts.

everytime I go there on my bike there's a smelly kaffir that wants to search my backpack because I'm white and I told him to fuck off once (which is my right because that faggot's not a cop, and they had no reason to suspect me).

now it's a 50/50 chance he's the checkout fag and I'll get refused service. if he is I grab as much shit as I can and say "fine, I'll just leave this with you".

you're the reason us melbournians look bad

we had a goldrush in victoria and now we can't get rid of them.

they're like ants.

Be nice he's either ethnic or autistic

Good fucking progress we don;t give a shit about your local retailers adapt or get the fuck outtah the way. It's the evolutionary imparitive to progress deal with it.

I refused to let a shop search my bag once and they banned me from the store. Said if they saw me there again it would be trespassing and they would call the police.

I hadn't even stolen anything.

Do you even know what board you're on

aldi's full of fucking poor ethnics, though. last time i went i saw a gypo with her dad getting a literal trolley-full of noodles.
same with chinks. both of them want to plague every first world country

>trolley-full of noodles
Which brand?

m8 you should see Coles when they have a special on frozen ducks. Chinks everywhere loading up.

I'm from Gold Coast m8

What, are you some mind of fucking cappie?

I've smashed too many asian chicks to have an opinion on that one.

Just shits me because I'm a good customer and I'm very social with the staff and I don't steal, and I'm white.

The thing is they say it is their policy to search bags ... but they don't search everyone so when they pick you and you have seen them let other people go without being searched it makes you feel targeted and like they think you are a dishonest person.

They should either search everyone or no-one.

Get over it. It's a condition of entry. If you haven't stolen anything, just open the fucking bag.

im glad this is happening

>tfw every Australian poster is an asian pussy slayer except me

How

I'd die before I submit to such petty tyranny and incivility.

fuck idk, fantastic or some shit? definitely not ramen.
It's basically the cheapest food you can eat if you don't know how to cook.
it depends, capitalism has proven to be better in larger, more populated metropolitan countries. Communism has its place in more community orientated, ordered, smaller states.

that's a bootlicker mentality, "condition of entry" is a load of shit: it's been shot down in court multiple times, my bag is full of perfectly legal dragon dildoes, shoplifters put items down their pants too, and I'm never going to open my bag to people that can't tell me what they think I stole/aren't smart enough to make a plausible accusation.

Are kindles any good, I have shitloads on books on my PC but have to print them out like an old man to read them freely. The ink costs a fortune.

Christ, COMMUNISM, THE WAY MARX INTENDED, HAS NEVER BEEN ATTEMPTED BEFORE.

CAPITALISM IS A SHIT THING THAT CAUSES DISTRESS AMONG ITS WORKERS AKA SLAVES

REEEEE

OI CROIKEY THAT BANGER DINGO WAllLLABE CHAZWOZZA

>Are kindles any good
m8 I was so sceptical at first. I was a full-on "I want the experience of holding a real paper book" fag.

But once you start using a kindle you never go back. They are great.

I have a job, I'm big because I'm from the country, and I wouldn't say pussy slayer: getting a couple of dates in with the occasional girl from work isn't that hard.

>I'm big because I'm from the country
What did you mean by this remark? big in what way?

any country on this board has a better reputation than yours. fuck, even india

Fucking sold. Cheers m8. Also just for being a top cunt you know those lists of "Essential readings", this link contains all of them so have at it if you're running short. Have a good one m8.

mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg

not with your silly fucking tariffs they won't

like a head taller and 30 kilos heavier than 80% of the blokes I work with.

I don't know where my benis stacks up.

>Amazon has announced Prime in China and is now going to Australia
>Still losing $10+ a day on my AMZN stock

Fuck this gay market

Fuck off fucking Canada this is an austhread.

Leafs not welcome

>30 kilos heavier than 80% of the blokes I work with
That doesn't sound like a good thing m8. City people are mostly fat.

You're a big guy.

these guys are twigs and the workplace is like 80% women. if anything I'm underachieving.

>Just shits me because I'm a good customer and I'm very social with the staff and I don't steal, and I'm white.

I've noticed store security guards that are Indian or Black love to pick on whites when they check their bags and let other non-whites through. It's like payback for them.

just flop it out and ask if they like what they see

About fucking time we got Amazon here, so much cool shit that i can't buy because of stupid warranty issues.

You do more phyical labour when you live in the country when you are a kid. You have to lift heavy shit around the farm for your dad all the time. And genetically farmers have to be bigger than urban scum so their is selection for bigger people to work on farms.

I couldn't do that! I'm a lonely stoner not a confident guy!

Fuck off back to leftypol, you absolute loser.

Good. Coles to go under, fucking hate those cunts. Worked there for a year while studying.

It's fucking chaos.
>Every department basically operates as its own business, zero communication.
>Not a single thing got cleaned EVER, until last year when they brought in Coles services.
>Extremely understaffed, if they had a day under predicted sales, they'd just put less casuals on the next day to make up for it making it even more understaffed.
>There was never any trollies because they forced the trolley cunts to take only 7 at a time up the travelator but refused to put more than one person on at a time.

Getting angry just thinking about that bullshit.

Woolies, Aldi and Coles will get plenty of notice, because it takes years to get all that planning through.
Its why Coles and Woolies were prepared when Aldi expanded into WA and SA - they had years of warning.

>Coles and Woolies were prepared when Aldi expanded into WA and SA
Prepared in what way? They will still get caned.

Aldi is better than Woolies and Coles. I don't want fancy shit. I just want quality food for cheap. Only downside is Aldi gets flooded with non-whites and it's hell on earth to interact with them.

A muslim woman in front of me at Aldi made the checkout chick disinfect the conveyor belt before she used it because it wasn't Halal.

Took about 6 minutes while we all were waiting in line.

This is only going to exacerbate the youth unemployment shit.

There's almost nowhere for high school kids to get jobs anymore, no wonder half of you are neet autists

Amazon is a pretty big guy huh?

>There's almost nowhere for high school kids to get jobs anymore, no wonder half of you are neet autists

The jobs for high school kids are now all taken by immigrants. A high school job is great to get kids ready for the real world. Now they just play video games and jack off.

boycot amazon
they aint takin over ma safeway

>tfw

>safeway

i didn't even know these still existed, they were like lower than good old franklins.

>high schooler getting a job

The minimum standard education for a white man is a bachelors.

Yeah, but not for several more years. Red tape will allow Woolies and Coles to strategise before Amazon enter the scene in any substantial way.

>people happy Australian businesses are going to be destroyed
>people happy Australia is just an economic battleground between US and China
I wouldn't mind so much if Australia made shitloads of money out of it, but we won't.

Woolies has shit selection and horrid bogans shop at my local ones as well as abbos and shit fuck woolies
Homeschooler here i was ahead of the curve

they're a bunch of cunts fuck em

>great to get kids ready for the real world
This.

>american education

Hope Harvey Norman goes out of business.

Such is the thing with Capitalism, the strong fight over trade and end up destroying the smaller business' in the process. Soon there will be one big company placing monopolies on necessities unless WE REVOLT NOW

You are a fucking retard mate. I hope you like only buying imported food. Fuckhead.

Amazon, like most US companies that expand here will break a bunch of laws and get wrecked by the ACCC.

This, I fucking hate that loopy old cunt.

what i was working after school since 14 u aspie

He means whilst in school, dumbass.

>Destroy retail

So...Literally no jobs will be left?

Top kek.

>Need competition

>Literally the lowest grocery prices in the world

Our supermarkets are cheaper than the fucking U.S.

Food isn't going to get any cheaper - Well, as long as they are selling from shops.

(which it appears Amazon isn't, so...hoo boy)

>Woolworths is told Costco and Aldi are coming

>By huge warehouse store spaces

>Ah...smart move.

>...They put in fucking hardware shops

Yeah, real prepared.

>not wanting drones to deliver your anime figures

Sad

>bumpkin trying to sound superior to cityfags because he lives in the fucking country

Except for our PM

Redpilled movie thread died before I could shitpost.
Do you nerds want a redpilled audiobook to listen to?
I (((purchased))) this one from amazon a few weeks ago since I wanted to see if it was any good in audiobook form, and it was. I promised some Australian user I'd upload it, but the thread died before I figured out how to pirate amazon's shit.

files.catbox.moe/qp8p2j.m4b

book is: private memoirs and confessions of a justified sinner, James Hogg.
Last 75% of book is extremely rewarding, so stick through the first half if it feels kinda boring.

Also, what are some half-decent audiobooks?
I can make a new audible account with my other credit card to steal four or so more audiobooks at some point.