That feel when you lived long enough to witness what was once the biggest most successful comic publisher on earth...

>that feel when you lived long enough to witness what was once the biggest most successful comic publisher on earth methodically load a gun - put the gun in it's mouth - and pull the trigger

>twitter.com/marvel/status/916522128811413504

>Marvel Pulls Northrop Grumman Comic From Website

>Retailers Become Heated Over Marvel Variants, Diversity In Closed-Doors NYCC Panel

Do people still like bruce banner?

That ain't Bruce. It's Cho.

No, I mean i just wondering if marvel fans still like bruce banner.

Bruce Banner was murdered.

Did Captain Hydra wish him back with Cosmic Cube fragments? I only read the main book and it was all a bit patchy.

I like Banner. He hasn't done anything to make me dislike him.

I'm getting pretty sick of these threads desu. It's definitely transitioned from people with legit complaints/who read comics to a meme LMAO LOOK WHAT MARVEL DID.

No different than how the twitter crowd used to be with DC a few years back.

Why is Rori wearing Fallout power armor?

Nobody got wished back, user. But honestly, deaths don't matter in comic book world, especially badly written ones, so he'll be back in at most a year.

Everybody start out simple.

Which it was nice at beginning, she was a stupid fanboy that wanted to be iron-man.

Probably because it got traced over/is a poser model. OP's specific pic is a promo image from months back.

But Rick will stay dead. Hopefully people remember that he's supposed to be best friends with both Bruce and Cap (The person directly responsible for his death) and do something interesting with it.

Yeah but it's one thing to fuck up with a comic and a character but this is a whole different animal especially since this company has fucked over American soldiers according to some people calling them out. This is one of the few times where people on both sides of the aisle are pissed.

They brought him back somehow, but he was in Las Vegas when it got nuked I think, and then never fucking showed up again.
Also he had Ultimate universe typesetting for some unexplained reason

It's just another corporate tie-in. It's not even clear whether it was a comic to be released or just something NG would hand out at a booth.

Like... both Marvel and DC do for-hire corporate stuff all the fucking time. The issue here is that the company is involved in seriously shady shit, but any big company is pretty shady. People are just getting mad at that because they're already mad at Marvel and want another thing to show off and be mad about.

The real fucking delusion is that either Marvel or DC are interested in some kinda moral/fan-serving PoV over a profit-making one.

Marvel gives no fucks about it's comics when it's movies are doing much better than it's books.

Perlmutter is all about that MCU cash, X-Men be damned. He could care less.

That Marvel/Northrop Grumman teamup sounded so ludicrous I assumed it must be some April 1 story that I'd missed.

How many times does it need to be stated that Marvel Comics does not profit from Marvel Studios success?

They should try some fried chicken tie-ins instead. Worked well for DC.

Helps that the dude who wrote those is a pretty decent writer.

>what was once the biggest most successful comic publisher on earth

Even if you go back all the way to Timely, AND even if they keep printing all these massive numbers of extra copies to over-ship to LCS as unordered give-aways for the next decade they still won't have the sales, print runs and distribution of the three other American comic book publishers ahead of them.

What DC did with new 52 was much worse. You newfags have seen nothing yet.

How so? There was a lot of shit but there was also a lot of great stuff, with current marvel you have maybe two books in the whole damn line that are of any quality

Doc Strange is dead inside.

> lot of shit but there was also a lot of great stuff
>with current marvel you have maybe two books

both of those statements are wrong
New 52 was such a huge failure DC recognized it, it's the entire reason rebirth exist. And why during it's launch it was paraded around as being a departure from 52.
Current marvel is ironically Secret Wars. The mainline/flagship books are utter shit, but the stealth minis and books that got cancelled were by large solid stories that no one buys or reads. And everyone forgets that Deadpool has been great for years barring his marriage.

ehhhh the New 52 has some gems and actually improved certain characters. I can name the Post Secret Wars Marvel comics I've enjoyed on one hand

I do

The new 52 killed character histories but most of the comics were fine. And financially it did very well. You're forgetting what actually happened.

This is more comparable to post-OYL DC where basically everything not written by Johns and Morrison was extremely fringe or shit.

>when your company is worse than EA and WWE combined

Who's the purple guy in the back?

>I can name the Post Secret Wars Marvel comics I've enjoyed on one hand
are you just counting current ongoings? because if you give me a pic with the relaunches since SW I can show you what was enjoyable

How many

>LOL MARLEL IS FINISHED xDDDD

threads do we really need a day? Do faggots get paid to do this or do you do it for free?

Yeah I was primarily talking about current ongoings, there were a ton of 2015 comics I liked that were concurrent with Secret Wars that I enjoyed but not sure if they count. I'll see if I can find a comprehensive pic since I'm always up for good recommendations

Eat shit drone you started man of murder posting

>whining about shills
Kill yourself

i don't even know what a fucking "northrop gumdrop" is but I enjoy watching marvelversity crash and burn forever

>Worse than EA
Objectively wrong.

Nice blog; nobody cares.

DC *learned* from N52 and it injected fresh blood that invigorated the scene. They took what worked and threw away what didint.

Don't forget about the Cloak and Dagger booth that was promoting interracial underage sex

Oh come on that can't be r-

What the fuck, Marvel?

Oooh they made the tweet private.

I see it just fine. Sounds like Marvel blocked you.

>shit products
>lying to fans
>no business model

Explain further

They almost went backrupty back in the 90s due to idiotic decisions. Its the reason why Fox and Sony has some of the rights to their franchises.

Marvel Entertainment is pretty much clinging on the MCU for life support.

Nah, I see it too now

I tried seeing it a few minutes ago but it said I wasn't authorized but now I can see it.

Weird.

>he posts 6 hours later
Sure you don't buddy.

Because Deodato literally just downloads 3D models and "paints" over them

You havent played FIFA ever, I see.

Why are all these new designs so bad? like wtf, you can have your nigger and shit, but why design them, like they just escaped from mental institution

From left to right.
>Gwenpool
Her series is fun, but all the meta 4th wall shit lately is getting stale
>mosaic
Could have been interesting if not for the fact that he is Inhuman, a thinly veiled rant by the creator on race, and poorly written.
>America
Really cool character concept and design. Never had a decent writer.
>New Wasp
Cool concept that got ruined by her solo series where she is some sort of manic pixie girl scientist teaming up with too cool for school girl scientists.
>Squirrel Girl
Over saturation
>Prowler
Underutilized. Wish he had more stuff
>Moon Girl
They should have kept her as a power pack type kids book instead of bringing her into the Marvel Universe
>Riri
Fanfic the character.
>Hairgel Hulk
Fun and cool. Mostly because Greg Pak.
>Miles Morales
Varies from really good character to terrible all with the same writer.
>Hawkeye
She is cool. Current solo isn't great
>Ms. Marvel
Could have been great, but Marvel ruined it with her Avengers/Champions stints.
>De-Powered Dr. Strange
Sucks

EA buys devs to strip mine the for everything they're worth and proceeds to shut them down while they keep the IPs & assets

I can't find anything bad Northrop has done recently besides "Be a Defense Tech Company" and "Not being very good at that." Have they been gassing people while I wasn't looking or something? Why was everyone on that twitter post crawling up their ass and demanding they cancel the partnership?

Only X-men. The Fantastic Four and Spider-man rights had already been sold off long before that happened. Most of the rights they sold off as part of the near bankruptcy, they ended up getting back. Punisher, Ghost Rider, Blade, Thor, Daredevil, etc. X-men was the only one from that particular scramble that they haven't gotten back.

Although you could argue that the Corman F4 happening around the time of the near bankruptcy is the reason that Marvel didn't have the funds to file a lawsuit over that particular case of rights-grabbing bullshit.

>America
>Really cool character concept and design

Brown latino dykes fighting against white privilege is a good concept?

That's if you think her series was the only comic America appeared in

>>Moon Girl

Did she help save the mutants?

No, but sassy latina with thighs for days punching her way through the multiverse to fuck up eldritch horrors and bang hot blonde chicks is a cool character concept and design.

Not America's fault that her ongoing got saddled with one of the worst writers since Chuck Austen. She was a solid character in Ewing's Ultimates/Ultimates^2.

New 52 vastly improved DC's output from what it was at the time. The hate against it was just continuitycucks getting triggered.

STOP MAKING SEXIST CRAP!

Yes, she built the device that destroyed the cloud minutes before it killed every mutant on the planet. Well, more specifically, she took Forge's design and streamlined it enough that it could be remade in time.

>don't read comics
>proceed to talk about comics
stop that

just goes to show that far left politics is literally poison. it not only destroyed every entertainment industry on this planet it also gave us Trump as President

That is nice, she needs more moments like this.

So Riri and Moon-Riri are both super intelligent scientists?

What, uh, happened to blonde cis white male Moon boy? Was he erased from existence or sentences to the privilege zone or something?

>sassy

Stopped reading there. Only a character like Batman and Wolverine can get away with being dicks. Nobody wants to read a comic about a passive aggressive douchebag with super powers

Didn't create or conceive the character, she's just her shit current writer

The original moon boy was literally a monkey.

First Human.

He is just hairy.

Oh right he was, with the red dino.

Who am I thinking of then, the prehistoric blonde kid.

Kamadi?

DC Comics didn't partner up with arms dealers and act like it was cool.

That would require her being used outside of her own book more, and that benefits no one.

She is fine in Secret warriors.

>So Riri and Moon-Riri are both super intelligent scientists?
Riri isn't a scientist. She's an engineer. Moon-Girl is more of your standard Marvel supergenius polymath. So Riri is black girl Tony Stark while Moon-Girl is black girl Reed Richards. And just like Reed Richards and Tony Stark, Moon-Girl is significantly smarter than Riri while also being a significantly more interesting character.

Ah right, he wasn't the first boy on earth, he was The Last Boy On Earth. He's DC so he's safe I guess.

>It's not even clear whether it was a comic to be released or just something NG would hand out at a booth.
It's a "Custom Edition" comic. Those are comics which companies pay to be made and only exist to be promotional material for those companies which they personally distribute. Custom Edition comics don't get sold through Diamond.

I swear to god if I ever start a band it's gonna be called Kanga Rat Murder Society

Hot

>America
>Really cool character concept and design. Never had a decent writer.

>Squirrel Girl
Over saturation

>Hairgel Hulk
Fun and cool.

JESUS
WHAT

>fetishizing a race is hot
Racist

Your post is a mess.

>America
I sort of agree, a multiverse hopping bruiser is a cool concept but her character is shit
>Hairgel Hulk
Cho had his own thing going on and was an interesting character he didn't need to be turned into the Hulk
>Ms. Marvel
Should have been her own character and not attached to the Marvel legacy
>De-Powered Dr. Strange
Of course it fucking sucks what did you expect

The only one I really like is Awesome Hulk, who has been consistently good. And sometimes Ms Marvel who has been really well written overall.

The rest of that lineup is complete garbage, and the only way for Marvel to escape from this disaster is to have an event where half these characters are killed off. Preferably violently in someone like Riri's case.

But that can't do that because that would be 'racist'. And "letting hate win". So instead they have to keep pushing garbage no one wants as they continue to sink into the mire.

It's quite an efficient trap they've built for themselves.

Genuinely asking, do paid marketers from Marvel actually post here or is it merely a meme?

>Should have been her own character and not attached to the Marvel legacy

Honestly there's nothing wrong with her being part of it since Marvel was intending to push Carol as the new "Captain Marvel".

If Vince could get a defense contract he would.

I thought it was a meme at first but some posts have gotten very suspicious in the last year or so.

They almost certainly do, though it's super hard to tell it apart from just a post by a big fanboy and it's almost impossible to prove.

It happens in Sup Forums sometimes. But again hard to differentiate/prove. The only times I could tell for sure there was a team of people getting paid was during the promotion iof Babadook and then later on It Follows. Those two It was obvious there was a group of people getting paid to promote those on Sup Forums. It was pretty annoying and disgusting.

that feel when you lived long enough to witness what was once the biggest most successful comic publisher on earth methodically load a gun...
Shoot himself on the left foot
"Nobody mess with me" then
Shoot again on the right (that wasn't canon,there's no canon just great hysterical histories)
"Oh dear transracial God,where is the culprit?"
"Yes must be those fat useless idiots who pays my rent,this gonna show him"
- put the gun in it's mouth - and pull the trigger

>Cho had his own thing going on and was an interesting character he didn't need to be turned into the Hulk

I am still interest in cho as the hulk. It remind me of a Doc green.

Not Marketers but I think guys like Slott and maybe Spencer post here

Really you could have given Cho gamma powers and not made him The Hulk
I mean there was a whole team of gamma mutants running around at one point

>Years of awful stories and meaningless continuity
>Good

>Making some character designs bad and cancelling their partnership with war crime enablers because of fan outrage
>Bad?

I don't get comic fans anymore.

who's the neon blue guy?

Mosiac

It's more like;

>Years of awful stories and meaningless continuity
>Bad

>Forcing political agendas and racial identity into nearly all story-lines and characters
>Bad

>replacing most cis-white-male characters with gay, female, black, or Muslim characters
>Bad

>Partnering with an arms dealer
>Bad

and they were all killed off or cured prior to cho hulk

>Morris can possess people, and while doing so gains access to every memory, skill, and ability of that person, some of which he retains even after switching bodies.[2]
that's actually pretty overpowered