So we're nearly halfway through Dark Nights

So we're nearly halfway through Dark Nights.

What's the consensus so far?

Fun comic booky storytelling. Nothing groundbreaking.

What's been released and where can i steal it?

As of now they're depreciating in quality but they're still enjoyable reads on their own. Red Death is probably my favorite in terms of the sheer crazyness, though Murder Machine was pretty brutal and had gorgeous art, Dawnbreaker was ok I guess, I didn't like the OC power but I hope they'll explain it later on.
>InB4 it's formulaic
Not really, only of them stole someone else's powers directly (I honestly think that one is one of the most fucked up ones since Barry is still in there somewhere), Murder Machine was assimilated by an AI Alfred, and Dawnbreaker's got his naturally. I guess them going after their Earth-0 Counterparts was pretty predictable though but I expect we'll see something different for Devastator and Merciless since their counterparts are gone.

I would have liked Gotham Resistance more if each of the circles got its own issue and the issues followed each other more coherently.

It's like it, it's fun also since we're getting the terrifics after it's another plus. The forge and the Casting were awful tho.

I'm bored. The future seems more interesting than this

I like Undead Sea Pirate Shebat

I still think Batman is one of the most boring heroes ever, and all of the alters are extremly try hard and mostly badly written.

Kinda shit honestly. I like fun comic book events but this feels dull an uninspired. I've had more fun reading Dastardly and Muttley thus far

Do I need to read any of the Reborn stories to read Metal?

No.

You mean Rebirth?

It's not super-essential unless you want to go back and read Snyder's run for a full history of what he references.

Red Death > Murder Machine > Dawnbreaker

it's obvious that this will escalate with the justice league going to the different dark universes and get help from their noble equivalents

What?

Their planets don't exist anymore. They came to this planet/ multiverse to cause it to fracture and break down too.

They've repeated that several times now

I want a Batmanless event.

Those universes don't exist anymore

My prediction:

The JL will seek out the Dark Anti-Monitor to destroy the bats who escaped him.

Barbatos is the Dark Monitor

this is the first DC series i started reading and i have no idea wtf is going on

2/6 issues of the main book and 3/7 one-shots are out. Go back to school.

Try Secret Empire

I hate batwanking but this is so fun I'm still managing to enjoy it. I might go down as one of the best comic book events of the decade but that's setting a really really low bar

The DARK Judges batman edition

Murder Machine > Dawnbreaker > Red Death
Cyborg getting fucking Mortal Kombat'd in the issue and him asking Batalfred "DON'T BE SOME KIND OF MURDER MACHINE" got me also edgy whiny Bruce is pretty fun to read.

He probably wants a good event too tho

Is her comic out yet?

Nope. Also, I bet it's gonna be Aquaman and Mera's daughter who wants revenge on Batman after he kills her parents for whatever reason.

You know what bugs me about SE? Having Kobik Steve beat up Hydra Steve, I mean from the event they were pushing Sam as Capt. America so hard so to give Good Steve the final fight victory just seemed awkward also why the fuck were they just watching Good Steve and Bad Steve fighting? I mean Bad Steve by all reason and logic should have won since he had Iron man armor and the shield so what if Bad Steve fucking eviscerated good Steve there? It's a fucking mess.

It's coming out this Wed.

Just because the counterparts are out of the fight doesn't mean that they can't wreck their home regions

Messy dumb fun at best

Cringy batwank at worst

no it's not, metal #3 is coming out this coming wednesday, the drowned is coming out the next wednesday

Are you stupid? They're all some variant of Bruce. It literally has to be Bruce. Just femBruce in this instance

Ah fuck, My bad then. I thought it was coming out this Wednesday since it's been a weekly thing for Red death, Murder Machine and Dawnbreaker.

I'm enjoying it. It's dumb but great.

Its stupid, but perhaps thats the entire point. Really the only thing weak about the arc is Snyder's writing

no big deal, I made the same mistake when I went to my LCS to reserve it. The metal release schedule is incredibly lean, whenever the flagship is coming out for a given week, it's the only metal related book coming out for that week.

Or

Barbatos is the Vampire Monitor exiled from the multiverse by
The Superman Cosmic Armor

Metal has been pretty affordable desu, I thought I was gonna get fucked by how much books I was gonna buy (granted I didn't get Gotham Resistance since I'm so fucking burned on Gotham)

we're not even a quarter there yet...

it sticks out because spencer always meant to have sam beat up cap, they quickly redone the script. it's also probably why the sudden mcniven art (which uncharacteristically looks rushed)

Yeah it was painfully obvious Sam was supposed to beat up Bad Steve because good Steve wasn't even in the spread but why the change? Was it because they were reverting Sam back to Falcon? but the last issue still had that fucking kid with the Capt. Sam toy symbolizing that he is the REAL Capt. America.

didn't really like the event's writing overall but I do appreciate that the tie ins are only around 25+. Having only few issues the event made it easy to integrate with other books and didn't sidetrack and ongoing arc. I'm pretty impressed with how well planned the event was compared to Marvel's recent events

My guess is there wasn't any plan to reintroduce a new rogers starring cap book. However due to the vocal backlash against the storyline (aka hydracap), marvel decided to bring him back. This means spencer has to change the SE ending to fit the new plan.

Baby Darkseid is the best part.

Theyre short,have good art and well...its what i expected from a comic.
Im not here for a goddamn real life bitching story.

I do find a shame that its a 1-shot, i wouldnt mind different dimension crazy Batmen crossing over from time to time for some hyjinks.

Out of every non Sup Forums mate ive sent the issues this is a common consensus.
They didnt mind it though and had fun.

Transgender Bruce.

The world made him a man. The sea made her the woman she was meant to be.

So are those Robins just random ass kids that that Batman just Jokerized or something

I'm assuming it's robins he's stolen from worlds that have collapsed

Pretty enjoyable so far. I've enjoyed the Evil Batmen set up, and ties to the larger DCU. No pointless deaths so far.

But how am I supposed to gauge how good an event is if nobody dies?

I hear twitter and tumblr reception are a good indicator

Do you lads thing Cyborg will end up horribly tortured/lobotomized at least?

dunno but they'll definitely fuck with him since snyder confirmed he's getting an upgrade. so it'll probably be like that new 52 JL thing

It is a nice use of fucked up Elseworlds. Red Death and Murder Machine were cool. Dawnbreaker sucked though.

Id argue Dawnbreaker sucked in a quotable way.
If he keeps spouting stupid shit he can become new bitch Prime.

I agree, but strangely, I'm intrigued by that dark green lantern shit, wtf was that