Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/95692511/

Other urls found in this thread:

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Family_Unit
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Evilverse#Team_Up
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last time:

-Still talking about a thief organization
-New pics
-October is here, time to start getting spooky
-More about the ninja setting
-Discussion about Sup Forumsle's plot continues
-WIP updates of the Lovely Ladybug Summer Special
-The wine elf comic continues
-More on Moira Grimoire
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Other things of possible interest:

/d/ OC thread:

Some dumb early halloween stuff.

Hey kid, wanna buy a magic stick?

What's he gonna do with that?
Levitation? Turn people into what they're dressed up as? Flip skirts from a distance?

Well, it's a 10 odollar wand so I doubt it's going to do anything that can't be resolved in roughly 25 minutes with ad breaks.

So no less than 20 houses with considerable damage, at minimum 10 wounded Sup Forumsntainment operatives, and probably 50 traumatized children?

What costumes should Bees Knees and Venus wear for Halloween?

I'm thinking the latter could just be a flower pot, with Maw and Jaw as Audrey II.

I Colored some golden girl images yesterday
1/3

2/3

Perhaps of interest, we came up with a supervillain girlfriend a few days ago in this thread:

3/3
this one i had the most fun with

Makes me remember the kid with supervillain parents.

He pretends to just be a totally normal, non-powered teenager in front of them, keeping his powers a secret, and does hero work behind their backs as part of the teenage rebellion thing.

There's some joke to be made about this chick... and bewaring papercuts..

I love this idea, sounds like it would be perfect for a cartoon show. The parents designs are great as well. Love how the dad has a moustache even though he has a skull for a head. And its a flaming skull, really dig that. Hope to see more of this.

It's a years old concept that only got a few pieces of art.

The problems started when we needed to give the charters names. That's always a shitty process that has a 50% chance to ruin all interest in an idea. So they ended up with placeholder names and those have kind of stuck I guess.

If you want to bring it back, I'm game to talk about them.

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Family_Unit

Names are pretty hard for me as well, I usually just google names or use generators. I kind of like the names you gave them, daddy crime boss and mommy dearest could be there super villain names, and everyone else just calls them mom or dad instead of using there actual names? Just a suggestion.

The idea went something like them all having a nice family dinner and then his parents notice he has a black eye.

The son panics and tries to hide it, thinking they've caught on since it was them who gave him the black eye while he was in his hero persona fighting them earlier that day. I suppose that'd be a flashback.

Back in the present his dad then goes basaltic saying he'll murder whoever did this while his mom is busy getting medical supplies ready.

Despite being super villains, his parents are somewhat overprotective and doting, they'd never be able to figure out their son is the new hero on the block causing them trouble.

I think that's how the first issue would go anyway.

That sounds good so far, maybe they think he has a bully or something, If there son goes to high school or whatever, and his parents go to teach him a lesson for beating up there son, and then the son has to save the bully from his parents. Or could be just some random kid they think is a bully due to misunderstandings?

The son would probably claim he just fell into a door, the father would be all "WHO PUSHED MY SON INTO A DOOR!" with a volcano of flames outside their house as he yells it into the heavens.

There was also something about his parents getting him some tech, like a tank suit, since they believe he dosen't have powers but don't think that should stop him from following the family business.

So then he ends up with two alter egos.

i've always wanted to join /coc/ threads. i just don't know where to fuckin start. it's so deep into the rabbit hole

The double alter ego could lead to funny situations, as the bad guy persona he could hear what his evil parents are planning, then later he makes an excuse to run off and change into the hero costume to foil the evil plans of his parents.

i guess treat it like Sup Forums; pick a subgenre that calls out to you and stick with it. Maybe you want to see more Breast Quest or maybe Golden Girl is your jam

I started by hitting random page until I found an interesting topic. One of the anons here is the Rune-keeper and is willing to discuss most topics on said wiki.

Alternatively, you could pitch an idea you want to see some collaborative feedback on.
I wonder if the Ninja user is still here.

Really like this picture

>I wonder if the Ninja user is still here.

Still here.

Do we have any hero who don't possess any actual powers but still fight for the side of justice anyway? I'm not talking about any street level vigilantes either, I mean just a regular guy in a shitty costume with football padding underneath taking on cosmic beings and eldritch horrors with nothing but a metal baseball bat and a roll of duct tape

Did you want to discuss deities or landmarks? Stories?

I will admit I will be posting more sporadically as I got deadlines.

I'm about to be on a plane so it'll have to be later, but I'll be around all day tomorrow.

Don't forget that means double love interests user

Of course his parents are going to try to set him up with the evil neighbor's daughter, that one hero's cute sidekick, and there's still room for some normie girl at school

>Trying to push your tit projects

Classy.

I could see him remote controlling it to keep up his secret identity, then accidentally destroying it as his hero persona, sending his parents into apocalyptic rage.

More like The Archivist than the Rune Keeper really. If we're talking meta anyway.

That's Sup Forumsnrad in a more serious story.
He does exactly that in the Evilverse thing.

Right around here I think
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Evilverse#Team_Up

How do you sell the idea of a guy taking on Galactus with a baseball bat?

Worded that poorly

>evil neighbor's daughter
>good guy super team's sidekick
>and of course the TOTALLY COMPLETELY NORMAL TEENAGE GIRL FROM SCHOOL WITH ABSOLUTELY NO SECRETS YESSIREE

Same way you sell Squirrel Girl humiliating Thanos. Don't take it too seriously.

>muh titty boogeyman

Cause everything in these threads is always so highbrow.

How do you sell the idea of batting away a falling satellite with a guitar?

Then his son could escape, quickly crawl under the rubble for his parents to find him later so they don't suspect he's the hero. Might be a better way to do this but it sounds like your on the right track for a first issue.

His parents try to set him up with an up and coming super villainous who has a lot of tech.

She actually falls for his normal boy persona and also fights his hero persona.

Or is that too close to what his parents already do?

Oh man a love triangle would be so funny, especially if he has to juggle two personas as well.

That wouldn't be the first issue. First issue would just be them at the dinner table, flashback, some narration boxes, and establishing the characters.

The thing with plotting out "issues" is you need to keep them to the point, in bite sized chinks, otherwise you'll end up over bloating them.

The mech suit would be the second issue.
Mommy and daddy want their boy to join them in conquest, to strike fear into the hearts of the every day person by making them aware that even if they fall, their legacy is already secured.
Or something.

But anyway, if he blows up his remote controlled mech suit by accident, then gets into a fight with his unknowing parents, any injuries he gets from them can be attributed to the damage he took from the suit blowing up.
The suit being ruined leads them to maybe someone similar to that supervillain GF mentioned further up in the thread to get it repaired.

But I'm just spit balling here.

>It's all the same girl
>They both have drama trying to decide who is the one
>They never find out each other second or third identity

I get the feeling she would know who his civilian identity is, but not his hero identity.

Well shit, bump.

The kids end up traumatized because King Spooky, Skull King, and the Bearded Skeleton tried to do the spooky scary skeletons dance.

I don't think a little kid like that should be ripped.

Could just be part of the suit, kinda like old greek armour with the muscles on it?

He's a farm boy, isn't he? Up at four in the morning hauling cows and milking tractors.

This sort of shit always tickled me. I love the idea of supervillain parents who still love their kids, especially when the kids find it exhausting to deal with.

What do you think it was that finally tipped their son over the edge or convinced him to try being a hero?

I doubt he's trying to be edgy, though that could also be a fun angle where he claims he did it to prove to himself that he was stronger than them if they ever find out.

See? No lasting damage.

Besides, it's none of her business what people get up to once they leave her store. Just do that stuff out there and not in here.

She probably wouln't want someone touching her face that much anyway.

Talked to a friend about it when he was younger, and learned that this kind of thing was not normal when he complained about "parents, am I right?"

Instead of her having a sharp tongue, beware of paper cuts.

For some reason I think it wouldn't be well known that his parents are supervillains. They pull off the Clark Kent-ing well enough to blend in with normal people.

He'd have to be talking about maybe a pillar of flames, or a legion of minions or something when talking about it with another kid.

Yeah... I guess I just imagined him complaining about something he thought was normal to a friend before the friend was like... "???"

Then it's just like, a moment of realization and "Oh my god my parents are supervillains."

It was probably about them having a secret base under the house.

Damn, thats the best OC this board made. Anime makes everything better

Just going to bring back an old GG Halloween gag:

>Audrey goes trick-or-treating as Silver Queen
>sees a crime in progress
>beats the crooks while still in costume
>the media gets the wrong idea, and the headlines the next morning announce to the world that Audrey Page is Silver Queen

Is it just me or does the kid from the first panel look like Yu from Persona 4?

He had a strange childhood.

So does the store just take over random doors near people who would buy things from her?

Does /coc/ have any time travelers? Or sliders?

What's her costume this year lads?

I've seen Morrigan batted around, to continue the theme of characters with younger sisters/proteges for Audrey to dress as.

Bri as Morrigan and GG as Lilith is pretty god damn perfect.

Well there is that somewhat frequently talked about plot where a daughter of Sup Forumslette's goes back in time for some reason or another.

Slider? Dimension hopping?
I guess Erin would fit that description since the demon planes require dimensional portals to safely navigate.

The demon post office (Courior's Guild) is filled with dimensional traveling. So I guess they're all sliders.

I imagine it might be able to do that, but I always saw it as more "creating an impossible space to exist in". Appearing like Diagon Alley, taking up space it shouldn't be able to, and only appearing to people who need it or know where it is.

That's pretty standard for magical shops.

Things don't start getting really crazy until shops start appearing inside of shops.

>Be me
>Starting up an antique shop, a dream of mine
>Business hasn't been doing well
>Need some cash quick or the shop is gonna close down
>See a person heading across the street, making a b-line to my shop
>Finally! A customer! Looks a little weird but hipsters are what I was planning on selling to anyway.
>What?
>They opened the door but aren't in my shop
>Oh goddammit! Some fucking magic person stole my entrance!

This sounds like a villain origin story.

The hipster is the one who becomes the villain.

This is probably why it's best for the shop to appear in its own space. Anything else gets spatially confusing.

Two pieces of string, the space between them in small.
Put something between them and spread them apart, there's now a larger space between them, but the length of string doesn't change.

Basically things get bulbous.

It's not too confusing if you're used to the kind of twisted thinking we tend to favor with magic.

Alright Ninjanon finally back. I looked at the stuff people were talking about in the last thread. I mean I made the setting for /coc/ to play around with and since I KNOW some of you are desperately holding back on going full weeb, in Momoverse you can let loose. I like the Trinity idea with Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Susanoo, and then whatever else people come up with to keep it nice and simple. Something to remember about Japanese deities is that unlike say, Greek gods who basically just do whatever they want and only help people sometimes, Kami actually are obligated to do the things they hold guardianship over. The people pray/appease the gods and the gods HAVE to perform their functions. They have power and can go crazy sometimes, but it's a much more even system than in western paganism. I saw the undersea dragon temple too, that's neat. I guess the thing to do now is take Momo and have her actually do something.

Did we decide on a weapon?

Not really. Basically right now her placeholder weapon is a Ninjato, which is basically just a shorter katana that allegedly shinobi used back in the day but really never existed at all. Something more creative would be better.

isn't there a Japanese weapon that's a sickle on a chain? Something that's an effective weapon and can double as a way to asphyxiate.

One of these bad boys? I suggested the Kusarigama, it's a cool weapon and requires a lot of skill to use.

Yeah, that. Hell, she could even fake someone out by getting a surprise hit from the weight at the end.

Time to see if we'll still have a thread tomorrow.

Maybe we'll talk more about that Family Unit thing then.

It was my understanding that was half the point.

>Interdimensional turf wars between weird magic shops
>Browsing Moira's
>Need to take a leak, she points me down the hall
>Open door
>Three foot tall man in a top hat pokes his head out of another shop
>Tells me how he can totally undercut Moira's prices
>Behind him, another door opens
>It's the entrance to Moira's
>Moira herself tromps through and beats the shit out of him with a broom

Recursive magic hobby shops

Speaking of DeviantArt, I've ben going through the archive and noticed that Anastasia and Strummer are basically British Max and Chloe and now I'm kinda annoyed at us.

Even better if the three-foot man has a shop scaled to his size, and yet somehow Moira appears small enough to fit in there.

At least it's not like anyone set out for it.

I have no idea who Max and Chloe are.

Haven't seen this one before...

Only one of them is British though.

Never seen them before. I'd say any resemblance is purely coincidental.

Hella coincidence.

If that's a reference, then it's lost on me.

In all honesty, neither Strummer not Anna have all the much characterization right now. We need to actually put them into situations where they need to do their job and see how they get it done rather than repeat the same jokes over and over again.

But whenever I try, no one wants to play ball.

So what other neato tricks could she do with it?

Both were created before Life is strange was released, and besides strummers blue hair there really isn't any similarities. besides isn't anastasia a part of the demon king setting and strummer is in containment?

No, Anna is freelance. She ended up being transferred in to the UK branch of Sup Forumsntainment via The Collective because she wanted a job where she could use her powers and Britainment was in critical need of field agents.

You're probably thinking of Erin.

Presumably all the shit Ry could do with his. It also can act as an impromptu grappling hook.

Ry?

Do we have any Nightcrawler-esque characters?

I mean Ryu, as in Hayabusa.

In what way do you mean?

Appearance wise?
Tantrum might count.

Ability wise?
Can't think of any teleporters in the way he does it.

Personality wise?
It varies so much I wouldn't even know.

What are you planning?