IDW TMNT storytime: Pantheon Family Reunion arc #71-#72

Back again with new juicy arc.

Last storytimes:
>Toad Baron's Ball arc:
>Usagi Yojimbo Crossover (+old crossovers from Mirage): desuarchive.org/co/thread/95650397
>Metalhead 2.0 arc: archived.moe/co/thread/95512607/
>Desperate Measures arc: archived.moe/co/thread/95446009/

I like Pantheon family, so I was realy excited for this arc, even if it was short.

Out of all Pantheon family members my favourites are Rat King and Gothano. I hope we will see more of them in the future.

Hi OP

hello, user :)

What a sad thread, just 2 people? Come on. Totally appreciate what you're doing man, but hate the lack of a reception.

And about this issue, anyone take complaint with how Michelangelo essentially blew the turtles cover for idiotic reasons? He gets spooked by regular rats when his father is a giant one that raised him in a sewer where rodents no doubt live? Come on. Hate how IDW has been making Michelangelo more and more dumber and similar to the Nick TMNT cartoon which had him at his worst.

am watching silently, I really like turtles and tortoises.
wish I had them as pets.

Mikey is more emotive in the comics. He is less a clown.

It's fine user. This arc is pretty old, so I guess this is one of the reasons no one talks about it that much. If people want to read it silently, more power to them.

And about Mikey all I can say that he is the way he is, but I wouldn't call him dumb just because of that. He had moments like this in other adaptations too.
But I do feel bad for Nick's Mikey: he has no personality at all.

>wish I had them as pets.
Me too user. I was in the zoo a few days ago and I realized that I really want to have a pet turtle. But I have a little Old Hob already if you get me.

That's it for today.
Next week I'm going to storytime Krang's Trial. Count on Wednesday.

>Next week I'm going to storytime Krang's Trial
Wait to the last issue. 75 is for october 25 and Universe 15 for october 18.

A little note for those, who didn't read the Ghostbusters crossover: Kitsune actually lied. She is responsible for Chi-You's death.

Oh, user, I don't think I will have that much to time to storytime 8 issues (including Dimension X, which takes place after 73th issue) at once. I will be able to upload three issues at best.
So I think that on Wednesday I will storytime the issue from FCBD and then the 73th issue and on weekend I will start storytiming Dimension X.

OK I see. Thanks.

Another interesting thing that I've noticed right after reading this issue.
I remembered the dragon that appeared in a short story called "Inside Out'' (from Universe micros). It didn't make sense back then, but now it does.

No problem ;)

user's post were deleted again? This happened in the old thread already. He didn't even say anything bad.

Maybe he deleted his own post.

Thanks man, I really like this arc, specially because the pantheon is finally doing fucking something.

Geez, I actually forgot that you can do it.

Welcome, friend.
I started to get excited about them since Rat King's debut, which happened in 36th issue (which made me like him a lot in the first place. I remember that I wrote a little analysis of him in a very old thread, haha).
It was a long wait, but it ws worth it.

Yeah, I like Rat King too, tough now my favorite is Toad Baron. Wonder if Chi-you is going to show up again.

Toad Baron is adorable, but it's hard for me to call him bad like Kitsune. I think he is more like Aka.
I didn't read the Ghostbusters crossover till the end (I kinda forgot about it), but I don't think he will be back.

Right, he´s not bad, he just wants to party.
>I don't think he will be back.
Well, he return to his dimension but he is in space, maybe he could make contact with an alien civilisation or something? I dont´t think the writers show up that without a reson.

Oh, so he is in space, huh. Well, the next arc after Krang's Trial is about triceratons, so maybe we would see him there.

What´s the worst mini serie and why is Casey and April?
God it was boring as fuck, the only thing I remember is that Aka and Rat King show up and Sasey and April fight for a dumb reson, I almost forgot it was a TMNT comic (tough that often happens when the turtles are not the focus) and I tough I was reading a poorly written Archie parody.

I liked Casey and April, because Rat King and Aka showed up. Other than that I liked seeing Casey and April bonding. For me it was a small break from all the action that was going on back then.
I don't think I have a mini that I dislike.
But what the best mini series? I think the best were Dimension X and also Bebob and Rocksteady Destroy Rverything.
Karai's micro was good too. I liked smug Leo.

My favorite mini series are Secret History os the Foot Clan and the Utrom Empire, tough Bebob and Rocksteady Destroy Everything is an amazing trip too. I liked Dimension X but I find it too repetitive.

>Secret History os the Foot Clan
How could I forget it. Because of that micro I totally forgot about Nick' turtles and focused on comics only.
The art was amazing, Santolouco did an amazing job.
I liked the time traveling concept in B&RDE. It was interesting.

>The art was amazing, Santolouco did an amazing job.
Wonder when he is gonna draw for TMNT again.

He is actually drawing some pages for 75th issue.

Shit, this actually makes me pretty happy. Santolouco is actually my favorite artist in the comic.

>Smith+Santolouco
I don't know if I'm ready for such greatness

I know right? This issue is going to be fantastic. Can't wait to read it

I can´t be anymore hyped!!!

Not to mention that it's going to extensive like 50th issue. Which means that 100th is going be extensive as well. I wonder, what it's going to be about?

100th is going be extensive as well. I wonder, what it's going to be about?
From what I´ve read from the writers and editors, is going to finish some plots (like the pantheon one) and tie some loose ends. They say is going to be like #50 which finish Shredder 's arc.

So the final battle with Pantheons? Interesting. But I hope we will get more of them, for example, in Universe or other micro series.
The 100th issue is not going to be last one, right?

>The 100th issue is not going to be last one, right?
No, it won't. They've explicitly say so. Doesn't matter if they defeat the pantheon there are still a lot of villians like Null, the gang of four, Savanti Romero, and a lot of space treats. I bet the road to #100 is going to be full of mini series.

It's like an endless adventure. This makes me so happy.

I know we sorta had battle nexus in the 2013 special (I think). But I would love an arc in Universe. Fuck could yoi inagine it? Bebop Rocksteady, Slash, Old Hob, The turtles and everybody else in a tournament.

And Leatherhead too. I'd pair him up with Old Hob. I would want to see Raph fight Bebop for some reason. Or Old Hob and Leo? That would be interesting.

Even tough, Hob is not the fighting type, I would like to see him fight dirty against Alopex. I don´t know why.

Oh, right, Alopex. I would want to see her fighting Karai. But I guess it will happe eventually.
Any fight with Old Hob would be interesting because of his constant developing. I didn't notice that at first, but I really like him.

Member when everybody died in an alternate timeline? I member.

A proper tournament arc would be fucking aces, especially if Santolouco was the one drawing it. Dude is so insanely good I'm amazed he hasn't been sniped by the Big Two yet.

Why did you have to remind me of this. I'm still not okay over this.
But I would like to know what happened after that. The other Pantheons are still alive. The Krang is alive too. And many other things. But it would too depressing to watch it. I'm too sensitive.

I love the way he draws the fighting scenes. The way he draw the last fight with Shredder in 50th issue. Fighting scenes in Secret History of the Foot Clan. Leo vs Victor in City Fall. Splendid.

Man, what a great ending, even tough I knew is not canon I couldn´t belive the end.

God, I hope this happens.
>But I would like to know what happened after that.
I would Ilike a continuation too.

My guess is that with all of them being really traumatized by the mess the Pantheons (like Rat King) would control them easily. Bishop would probably try to stop Krang from taking over the Earth.
That would be a mess.
By the way, what happened to April?

>what happened to April?

The book has a million characters at this point and more being introduced all the time, so the writers seem to be having a hard time finding shit for April to do.

Casey's been relegated to background character for the last couple years as well.

No. user, I meant what happened to April in that oneshot. Deviations, was it? Did she die like Casey?

I don't remember her or Casey showing up.
>Casey's been relegated to background character for the last couple years as well. The last time he show up was in the street phantom's arc, right? God It's been a while.

God, I greentext my own answer.

No, he and April showed up on the Christmas special, but it's pretty much right after the Phantom's arc.
Yeah, it's been a while, I bet we will see them again after Krang's Trial arc. I wonder how their relationship would work out.

That's fine, we all make mistake :)

B&R team-up with Bane. How fucked Batman and the turtles are?

That's going to happen in the new crossover, right?
Man, to think of it, it's really cool that the turtles have a crossover with someone like Batman. I really liked the first one.

Are there any other crossovers with turtles that you would like to see?

Oh, yeah. I forgot. At least in an alternative timeline Arnold was a good father... and then dies.
Shit, I forgot about the chrismas special. That was the last time Harold show up too. Hope he can reconcile with the turtles. Hell, maybe with Harold the Alopex/Angel team would stop being meh.

Something really serious must happen for Harold and the turtles to reunite again. Also, I think his wife could talk some sense into him.
That being said, would Bishop be interested in Harold?

>Something really serious must happen for Harold and the turtles to reunite again.
Maybe with the invasion of the triceratons.
>That being said, would Bishop be interested in Harold?
Yeah, maybe that would be an intersting plot. Bishop kidnaps his wife to force him to colaborate.

Well, I doubt that triceratons would even know Harold.
Bishop, on other hand, could dig up some info and find out that Harold was involved with the turtles and would try to get some information out of him.
But maybe I'm just overthinking it.

I'm still waiting for a Daredevil crossover
It has to happen eventually right?

It can work with the Mirage turtles only so it's useless now.