Annihilation, worth it?

Should I watch? Brettygood just started streaming it so im wondering if its worth it.

Attached: 2586.jpg (1500x2222, 2.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

www1.gomovies.film/movie/annihilation-2018/
youtube.com/watch?v=2OqwtjMBGBk
theguardian.com/film/2018/mar/10/annihilation-netflix-release-alex-garland-ex-machina
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. It's a good sci fi kino without most of the bullshit that ruins most modern movies. The main Jew is not the best actress but otherwise it's great

You like body horror?

It's not scifi and it's not kino. Fuck off.

its a quality scifi film with well done philosophical subtext. The ending could have been executed a little better but to be fair it can de really difficult to create visuals of things that are supposed to be beyond our understanding.

>one scene of body horror in the whole movie
>doesn't even happen to the main characters
>guy it happens to doesn't even seem to mind

it's silly and mediocre but still watchable

The whole theme is body horror, user

Attached: wahyld_flou_er_by_aspartamee-d4vqttk.jpg (732x1091, 253K)

I thought it was great, and the ending was stunning. It's worth going to the theater, DESU, but if streaming is your only option then go ahead.

body "horror" is a bit grandiose. more like body hunh?

Holy fucking hell, not even 5 minutes into this and there's already tons of niggers and non-whites aswell as muslims being shoved down my throat, both background and main characters... Did a kike direct this or something? Seriously this is ridiculous and knowing ((netflix)) was likely done on purpose aka deliberately

So this is only available for non-U.S. Netflix?

its obviously 10/10 you idiot.
unless youre a retard who only watches super hero movies

If you cant handle a peppering of liberal propaganda in your cinema you need to give up and start reading books. its everywhere and isn't going away.

I wanna fuck Homerton!

Non-white people exist you fucking retard

How is its theme body horror if there's no body horror? A bunch of you morons keep saying its theme is a lot of different contradictory things yet conspicuously avoid arguing with each other even though you should be loudly disagreeing. Why is that?

my friend is non-stop whining that they arent wearing hazmat-suits

Attached: 1520289971027.png (701x670, 687K)

I know it's bait, but this is probably why Paramount thought Annihilation wouldn't succeed. Garland made a female cast which alienates the dumbass men, but forgot to add in corny girl-power shit to attract the dumbass women. So only smart people who want to support this movie, and smart people are also more likely to pirate films, so Paramount had a turkey on their hands.

thats actually a justified critique

I'll take "liberal propaganda" over the conservative equivalent any day

Attached: 81uBQdHx8EL._SY445_[1].jpg (314x445, 50K)

maybe its the fact the movie is kind of shit up until the final act

What's Brettygood?

that site is a virus, dont go

you can watch it here

www1.gomovies.film/movie/annihilation-2018/

website where streamers play movies they've downloaded and there's a chat.

bretty good dot com

Pure kino.

its a brettygood website where Sup Forums anons watch mobies with a chat.

yeah oy vey look at all the viruses I'm getting. Fuck off back to Sup.

Attached: bg.jpg (1899x1044, 402K)

The movie legitimately suffers from its all-female cast. It doesn't have a single strong, charismatic, or solution-oriented character in the story, and all of them fully-embrace, obsess over, and are crippled by their emotional problems. The story also clearly ignores the stuff men care more about (like world building and a story that makes sense rationally) over the shit that women care about (like that the world makes sense emotionally and that feelings directly alter reality).

It was so shitty I'm honestly being won over by the people in these threads arguing that it deliberately didn't make sense because it was all supposed to be a dream-like metaphor for whatever it was portman's character was feeling and that I'm dumb for even trying to understand it in any other way.

>Opening frame of the movie is a muslim woman of no story relevance, a background character, in shot for no reason at all other than to attempt to normalize islam

>Out of nowhere just cuts to a BLACKED scene halfway through the movie, again no story relevance what so ever, they just needed a blacked scene

I gut laughed, entire movie is propaganda

>let the races mix goy it's beautiful, it's changing, not destroying!

>alt right chat for pirates

reporting the website now.

youtube.com/watch?v=2OqwtjMBGBk

Post yfw the bear scene

Attached: giphy (29).gif (364x270, 3.06M)

ALL WOMEN? HOW DARING IN 2018

Fuck you just know it's gonna be Kino, probably slaughter 1000 white cis men.

my gf buried her face in my shoulder at that scene so I had to rub her head and had to tell her when it was over

>my gf

Attached: efrgts.jpg (204x200, 6K)

Bear kino comin up

>It doesn't have a single strong, charismatic, or solution-oriented character in the story
Yeah because they sent in those people already and none of them came back the only people they have left are those that are empty husks, apathetic to the fact that so far only one person has come out at all. These are people basically going in to die, they just don't come out and say it.
>and all of them fully-embrace, obsess over, and are crippled by their emotional problems.
Again the movie is about self-destruction

>Ausloschlong

kek

better than most of the other shit you expect to be good

I’m watching it right now, only about 15 minutes in and it’s pretty good so far.

Garland cannot write dialogue for shit. He's worse than Charlie Brooker.

Why isn't it on Netflix wtf

I think its way to rushed and the cast is too small. In just matter of minutes everyone was gone.

It’s not on US Netflix, but the 1080 torrent is out tho

Because you're in NA.

It's on Neflix internationally

>Yeah because they sent in those people already and none of them came back the only people they have left are those that are empty husks, apathetic to the fact that so far only one person has come out at all.
They literally have a whole planet full of people. You can snap your fingers and marshal armies of high-spirited self-sacrificing individuals willing to face inevitable death at even the slightest chance to save those they care about. There's no reason to send these pessimistic idiots.
>Again the movie is about self-destruction
Yeah, and it's also about cancer. And about change. And about body horror. And about perseverance. And about a dozen other mutually contradictory things people in these threads keep pulling out their asses because you can insert literally whatever you want into the hole where the meaning should be.

Anyway, point is, this shit doesn't appeal to men. I honestly fast-forwarded through every scene where the characters were talking about their stupid personal issues, including all the flashbacks. And in every scene where they had bad shit happening to them I wanted them to die - which they would've deserved to because they were the sources of their own mistfortune every time. If it wasn't for how the psychologist spelled out that it was the zone making her go crazy when the dumb chick tied them all out I literally wouldn't have understood that that was what was supposed to have happened because she acted perfectly in line with how they were behaving otherwise - like fucking retards. It was like watching a bad slasher that unironically thinks it's something more and with characters who don't belong in a slasher.

ugh, dont remind me

the first 20 minutes or so where they establish nats love interest was boring as fuck. once they get to the shimmer its decent and stays brettygud untill the very end when it dips in quality about 30%

Yeah I’m just now getting too the Love part hence why I’m back on here.

I can see why Garland was upset it’s on Netflix, I bet this bitch would look cool on an iMax screen.

Also, Portman sucks. Emily Blunt should’ve done this. I can buy Blunt as a badass military chick, Portman is boring.

>would look cool on an iMax screen.
The ropey creature CGI wouldn't. Christ, that was bad.

I'm a guy and I enjoyed it. I guess you're going to call me numale or something? Enjoy that new Transformers movie I guess.

>It's worth going to the theater

Will not financially contribute to hollyweird degeneracy. Haven't been to a theater in 20 years. Pirate everything.

>Was Annihilation too brainy for the box office?
theguardian.com/film/2018/mar/10/annihilation-netflix-release-alex-garland-ex-machina

lmao. fucking state of numales

if you read the book, be warned, its nothing like the book.
Thats not saying its bad though, I enjoyed it.

Imagine how pathetic you need to be to willingly watch this garbage and defend it lmao.

Which is better, book or film?

It's actually not

The book. It adds context to the movie title, the memory loss (they never address why in film), and there's a clear-cut antagonist.

No, her getting blacked was exactly that. She was destroying the last semblance of relationship she had.

The theme of the movie is explicitly stated by the psychologist. Humanity is programmed to destroy itself in every way and each girl represents a path of self destruction.

+1

It was really beautiful but unsettling, at the exact same time.

>being this so easily triggered

Attached: whinypol.jpg (485x612, 118K)

>Should I watch?

I dunno? I'm about to watch it myself.

its reasonably good. The hate mob is just Sup Forumsposting

>POL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: epileptic land whale.gif (480x427, 3.62M)

Why even post that? Are you trying to be funny? OR are you serious? Either way it's pointless

by far the best scifi movie in the last decade easy

Hi Alex.

my biggest complaint is it didnt show more body horror

>dude my fingerprints are moving better not show the audience

Attached: pozzed.jpg (970x600, 295K)

When this movie came out back on 2/23 in the US, the few people that saw it posted about it here and liked it. Now that it's dropped in 1080p on torrents, the new mass meme is to dislike it. I saw it in the kinoplex last night and it is fucking great

fuck off with these kinds of threads

Attached: Picture 392.png (1119x682, 240K)

This also baffled me, that the studio requested it to be dumbed down and test audiences didn't get it. Apparently it wasn't altered in the end and the director/producer got final say. I'll be the first to admit that movies can occasionally confuse me, but Annihilation was fairly straightforward in terms of sci-fi