I've heard about people calling this boring, SJW, crap, ect. but what does Sup Forums think about it...

I've heard about people calling this boring, SJW, crap, ect. but what does Sup Forums think about it? Is what people are saying bullshit or true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_X6QqZF3J14
youtube.com/watch?v=O8bmJXILelA
youtube.com/watch?v=oH5RDqKdvUQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Youve seen ONE person say that on Youtube, user.

The book is fine, but would be better if you had the DECADE of context Ennis' MAX books would give.

Seconding this. OP are you shilling that shit youtube channel?

I know which one you're talking about and no.

>SJW,
Well, that's a first, why tho?

Who said that on YouTube?

this is very good and I didnt know people were saying those things

I can't tell you who because I'll be called a shill again if I do. Even thought I never mentioned the person or their channel.

You mean who gave a completely retarded "review" of a modern comic wherein the main critique is just "wah wah SJWs" even when that doesn't even remotely apply to the comic being discussed and then proceeds to get cited by people that don't actually read comics?

Take a fucking guess. There's all of two youtubers who do that, and only one of them has a cancerous fanbase that refuses to get the fuck off of Sup Forums.

Jeez, get your rag out.

The Youtuber is Captain Comings

I didn't ask who said it, quite frankly I don't give a shit, I want to know why (s)he says is SJW.

>The Youtuber is Captain Comings
You mean D&C.

No retards it's Admiral Orgasm.

>I want to know why (s)he says is SJW.
Because it's being put out by Marvel in [current year]. He doesn't really expand on the point. Just complains about how it's boring and SJW, starts coughing up a storm, then goes on a random tangent about how he used to be a marine then rips the comic in half.

Oh are you talking about muh boy, Zach?

He's hilarious. I love his videos. Why is everyone so triggered by him?

so he complains about everything but the book?

Zach hasnt talked about it yet, so its the other one. Wasnt D&C a marine? Id like him to review this.

pretty much.

Private Squirter

Because it has anti-American sentiment surrounding the Vietnam War. (which it barely does)

What a faggot.

>boring
it just started
>SJW
wat
>crap
it has fuckin parlov on art

sage for weak-ass b8 m8

Capn cummings

And?
Vietnam was an absolute fucking shitshow from everyone involved stemming from the American government being absolutely retarded and having no clear objective in mind outside of "stop communism" and absolutely no experience with insurgency based warfare.

Cummings is like the rejected white character from the Fat Albert gang -- stupid hat, can't talk right, etc.

Anyone who says "SJW" is a pitiful fucking moron

It is a slow burn, this first issue. Let's hope it goes somewhere great but it's going to take patience.

Okay, snowflake. Watch where you're swinging those rolls.

Page four or so criticizes America and the Vietnam war isn’t enthusiastically supported. Make up your own mind if this is Communist virtue signaling by degenerate cuck (((Ennis))) or not.

Agreed

I'm not seeing anything even remotely SJW in that comic, OP is a faggot

Is anyone "pro-Vietnam war" at this point? Seriously. Does anyone educated on the subject legitimately think that US involvement in Vietnam was a good idea?

I didn't say it was SJW you illiterate retard.

>anyone educated on the subject
that's the issue

Communist paranoia is back, and as with most political movements nowadays its trying to reinvent history.

People weren't. It was just one dumb faggot in youtube baiting for clicks.

Go start a Vietnam thread on /k/ saying America lost the war and sit back to watch the fireworks

youtube.com/watch?v=_X6QqZF3J14

>Garth Ennis, an SWJ
LULZ

Sexy

ennis is a shitty writer

Not when it comes to Punisher.

not when it comes to most things, really

If the guy has a problem with Ennis not portraying the US Military in a shining light, then he'd have a fucking aneurysm reading Fury: My War Gone By.

He is as good as Moore, Morrison, and Ellis you are just butt hurt your balls won't drop.

I'm not saying that's a logical reason to call it SJW, just that it was his reason.

Parlov is godlike.

>Ellis in the same tier as the others

^ lame ass take not even worthy of a (you)

Has this been scanned or uploaded anywhere yet? My nearest comic shop is an hour drive and it's not on Pirate Bay.

there should be a link the story time

The storytime was linked in this thread.
Also, use the Win-O.

just googel (title) cbr file, ya dingus

Absolutely not. If you've read Fury MAX, you'll know that it was a really slow buildup, then all fire and blood.

Trust in Garth Ennis. I don't think he's done a single bad Marvel book so far, with the Punisher and Nick.

I completely disagree. If you've read his Crossed stories, you'll note a difference: Yes, it's obscene and there's all the violence and gore and rape.

But at the same time, what the characters actually do is treated with a lot of gravitas. It's terrifying, because you can imagine it actually happening to you. The characters are perfectly sane, it's the world that has become an absolute nightmare.

Other comics tend to embrace the sheer gonzo craziness of crossed (Simon Spurrier is the exception). Garth Ennis makes all his Crossed stories tragedies. I think his best one is his Badlands story arc about a man who makes all the right choices, but ends up in an awful situation anyway.

I say this because, in that kind of apocalypse, most of us would have behaved EXACTLY LIKE THAT MAN, who was completely pragmatic in his actions. And yet he ended up in a dead end anyway.

>anti-American sentiment surrounding the Vietnam War. (which it barely does)
by all accounts Vietnam was a fucking disaster and we should have learned the first time to stop fucking around halfway across the globe.

One retard on jewtube "reviewing" comics. His videotitles are pure clickbait and he called Platoon sjw trash or something like that.

Amusingly enough, half of the videos in the screenshot I saw was less than 10 minutes long, so he might actuallybe a genuine retard on top of being a clickbaiter.

>I don't think he's done a single bad Marvel book so far
Where Monsters Dwell

Of course you disagree, you are a fucking edgelord

10/10. it's hilarious how it's easy to piss off Sup Forums

This is such sad bait to get another thread talking about a youtube channel/"""comicsgate""" underway. You haven't seen shit OP, just a controversy-addicted faggot.

Wrong.

nice ""argument""

I think Dilbert Guy's idea of calling them Peacocks is actually pretty good. I mean "Social Justice Warrior" may be very clear in our minds of what it represents. But to a more general audience it's not a great name for getting across how abhorrent these creatures are.

It's a misreprestation of some guys review by the Sup Forumsmblr brigade as evident in this thread.

That was painful. Felt like a PAD'D Ennis wrote that one.

>It's a misreprestation
>"Punisher Max Platoon is utter SJW Marvel dumpster fire trash"
>youtube.com/watch?v=O8bmJXILelA

And he's such a fucking faggot he went and made one being butthurt about Sup Forums too:
>youtube.com/watch?v=oH5RDqKdvUQ

Why don't you go shill for this cunt elsewhere, user? It is painful to me you would go to these lengths for someone so plainly chasing attention and money.

>Why don't you go shill for this cunt elsewhere
Why would he when people like you are so easy to clickbait? You already gave him views when you looked up those videos.

inb4
>i-i had them bookmarded, for reasons

>links the videos
>calls the other guy a shill

he literally is, it's like the third thread the faggot's made about it

>SJW

at this point I think actual SJW's are using this term to describe everything so it loses all meaning, I mean the only other explanation is people are a lot stupider than I thought.

Sure, he got 2 off me. But this proposition is just literally and outright untrue, as backed up by the guy's own videos.

His argument appears to be that "SJW Marvel" means a different thing to both "SJW" and "Marvel" as defined by him in some other video (which I did not watch). Which is why he can call Punisher the Platoon an "SJW Marvel dumpster fire trash" without actually meaning it is SJW.

That's the 'misrepresentation' user is on about.

I recommend you don't watch them.

You should get that sore anus checked out, cunt.

>bumping your shill thread more than 3 hours after the last post

>shilling a channel you never never even mentioned in the OP
What's it like being a paste eating retard?

>No experience with insurgency based warfare

What is the Philippine Insurrection?

>flips lost despite their experience of a large-scale revolution less than a year prior