ATTENTION Sup Forums, NICKELODEON IS ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS OF SPEC SCRIPTS

>Writers who are accepted will need to relocate to the LA area for a six-month period beginning in January. Round trip airfare and furnished accommodations are provided, however all transportation (once in LA) and any moving costs (of personal effects) are the individual writer’s responsibility.
nickanimation.com/writing-program

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-gov-brown-downgrades-from-felony-to-1507331544-htmlstory.html
eshawcomedy.wordpress.com/2010/09/30/30-rock-and-the-office-spec-scripts/
gointothestory.blcklst.com/reader-question-what-about-writing-a-spec-script-for-an-animated-movie-61871f6010d1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is there another version of this for live action shows?

I've looked and so far from what I've seen, the two options for these spec scripts are Nickelodeon and Nick. Jr. So I'm assuming it's only animation.

So, they read your fanfic, and if they like it you get a job?

thanks

In a nutshell, yeah.
Although it's hilarious that Nickelodeon is asking for spec scripts based on shows that they don't even have in their own channel.
It's even more kekworthy that Adventure Time was pitched to Nick previously before CN, and they ended up rejecting it.

thanks for posting this op

kinda weird to see adventure time and steven universe on here. are you supposed to write eleven minutes or twenty two?

To be fair, that's how spec scripts work. You stand a better chance of getting your writing noticed by writing competent material of a popular show. I am surprised they didn't at least put Loud House on there....

I believe it's for 11 minutes, although the layout of the website is a little odd, so I'll get back at ya if I do find anything new.

Well considering loud house is a nick brand, and the 5 shows there are not nick brand, im not that surprised.

There is actually /way/ more shows on their list.
>GENERAL TRACK
Adventure Time
American Dad
Animals
Archer
Arrested Development
Black-ish
Bob’s Burgers
Bojack Horseman
Broad City
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Catastrophe
Chewing Gum
Difficult People
Family Guy
Fresh Off The Boat
Fuller House
Grace and Frankie
Insecure
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Life in Pieces
Lovesick
Master of None
Modern Family
Mom
New Girl
Rick & Morty
Schitt’s Creek
Silicon Valley
South Park
Steven Universe
Superstore
The Big Bang Theory
The Goldbergs
The Good Place
The Last Man on Earth
The Middle
The Mindy Project
The Simpsons
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
You’re The Worst
Young & Hungry
>PRESCHOOL TRACK
Blackish
Bubble Guppies
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Peppa Pig
PJ Masks
The Simpsons
Supergirl
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

TL;DR No shows in relation to Nick

>Accepting scripts for shows they don't own
THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

Yeah, but Loud House has become Nick's new golden goose. Plus I don't even really hear about AT as much anymore.

They used to be a lot more loose on the rules. You could do a spec on any show as long as it had at least two seasons and was currently airing.

>The Simpsons
Aw yeah, I'm going to send in my script where Sneed and Chuck come back

>relocating to LA to live there for just even a month
>when a law to decriminalise giving others HIV was recently passed

latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-gov-brown-downgrades-from-felony-to-1507331544-htmlstory.html

Just don't have gay buttsex you faggot.

They'll take your submission, say "Sorry but you're not quite what we're looking for," then 2 or 3 years later you'll see it on TV word for word. Don't be chumps.

>crazy ex-girlfriend
I know it's spec, but this is probably the least appropriate show to demonstrate writing for preschool shows. Unless you want kids to learn about depression through musicals.

Have you ever read a spec script? Most are really awful.

It's all for shows the don't own, that sounds unlikely. But even if that did happen, having your own written episode on TV sounds cool even if you don't get credit.

But that's what archiving for future proof is for.

It's too bad that you have to go to LA for six months. I would have given it a go if it weren't for that. Maybe in a few years.

>WAR AND FAMINE ALL AROUND US BUT HERE'S A FUNNY APP

>Steven Universe
So all you gotta do is write about crying and gay rocks and you're in?

Absolutely

Aw man. I was gonna try to make an actual good episode for that terrible show.

You can still do it user, I believe in you!

Can I write an episode of Bojack Horseman about drugs and alcohol make life more tolerable

There doesn't seem to be any restrictions other than the format so.... go wild user-kun.
>Must be based on a television series from the >Accepted Shows List for either General or Preschool Track
>Typed in standard Final Draft (or equivalent) script format
>In black type
>In 12pt courier style font
>Do not upload a cover page with your script.
>The following information should be included in the header/footer of your spec script (it is OK if it appears on all pages):
>Name of the show (center of the header)
>Title of the episode (center of the footer)
>Do not put your name anywhere on the script.

Huh. Those all seem like Nick is trying for an adult swim analog of nicktoons.

Mite be cool.

That's how spec scripts work. All networks refuse to read anything based on a show they own so they have zero liability if someone accuses them of stealing their idea.

There are a bunch of live action shows you can write spec scripts for.

I applied last time and wrote a script for Workaholics. I may not have won but at least I can say I sent a script with the words "big green dragon cock" to Nickelodeon.

Thanks OP, but does anyone have any scripts of cartoons online so ill know how to write for this.

I found some spec scripts for shows like The Office and 30 Rock
>eshawcomedy.wordpress.com/2010/09/30/30-rock-and-the-office-spec-scripts/
Then there's also an article that covers spec scripts for animated films, even showing examples of well-known films that began as said spec scripts.
>gointothestory.blcklst.com/reader-question-what-about-writing-a-spec-script-for-an-animated-movie-61871f6010d1
I'll see if I could find some actual examples that showcase cartoon spec scripts specifically.

Also just went ahead and reread this list and
>PRESCHOOL TRACK
>The Simpsons
How far we've come.

>I may not have won but at least I can say I sent a script with the words "big green dragon cock" to Nickelodeon.
Gee I wonder why you didn't win.

>Rick & Morty
I'll write "Pickle Rick Returns" and automatically win.

So i take it you havent seen Workoholics cause that is spot on what would be in it.

I'm trying to get into their animation development internship next summer. I'm submitting a dropbox with my feature pitch. It's kind of what I spend every waking moment thinking about.

>Preschool Track
>Blackish
what did they mean by this?

i've read that most companies would rather not deal with a plagiarism lawsuit and instead buy you out, it's cheaper that way and find by me if that's the case