Can we talk Sup Forumsvers?

Can we talk Sup Forumsvers?

I don't think I've ever seen that as a topic. ANYWAY you guys will probably call it a gimmick but I love variant covers and am all about this run.

You got favorites or do you just miss the shiny stuff from the 90's?

bump?

That cover would have been better if Rocket was naked and we could see his penis like in the actual album cover.

Pic related will always be my favourite comic book cover.

fucking furry

I think this variant cover is really cute.

I don't like the char's for it but I like the cover

>IP is most closely associated with 60s and 70s rock
>go with fucking Nirvana for the variant cover
I will truly never understand this. Why not ELO, or the Beatles, or Fleetwood Mac? Why the fuck would you go with Nirvana, and the laziest possible reference at that? Who was in charge of this garbage?

Even the GOTG rap variant knocked it out of the park with the whackiest reference possible, and GOTG isn't even associated with rap!

The hip hop ones were really hit or miss for me.

Maybe it's just because I didn't recognize them as easy.

>most closely associated with 60s and 70s rock
Movie fag detected

He's not wrong though. Most people would now associate the Guardians with that style of music. And Duggan worked it into the canon pretty well, too.

Mugga, I guarantee I've been reading cosmic books since before you knew the alphabet. Of course I'm talking about the movies, these were post-movie covers, and the comic has been strongly influenced by the movie since it was killed and rebooted for the very purpose of movie synergy in the early 10s.
Which just makes it even more retarded. They had a golden opportunity to a bitching synergy cover based on music from the movies and they blew it for a cheap Nirvana reference instead.

I'm 31 so unless you're literally a wizard neckbeard who has to show off how much like a Simpson's parody you are, then okay.

I'm not really big on the album cover variants, but I do see a lot of other ones that I like. None really come to mind though. I don't buy them unless they're cover price. I might pick up one of the hardcovers if they put one out with covers I'm more of a fan of.

Well, we're the same age, so it looks like we're both asses then.

I'll take it.

Does this one count?

Why wouldn't it?

Unrelated but something I thought of -
I liked a lot of the Infinity covers

>I don't think I've ever seen that as a topic.
Then you’re clearly new here.

Been here since 2008 but you spend all your time bitching about Rebecca Sugar and movies so it's hard to see an actual read, suck my dick.

All the hip hop covers are concentrated cringe. For all the effort Marvel puts in for their feminist, progressive self image, they’ll put out series after series of rap covers which involve lyrics that frequently refer to women as bitches and hoes. I’m all about that shit. I love it. But it makes Marvel’s hypocrisy that much more prevalent when they outwardly support it while propagandizing against it at the same time. And that’s not even getting into the glamorization of drugs and gun violence that these rap artists revolve around.

>reading this deep into it

Holy fuck, I wish I knew the buzzword for people like you.

>suck my dick.
Maybe I will, faggot.

How am I wrong though. Explain without buzzwords.

Ooh I like this.

I just did where it says "reading this deep into it"
Do I also need to post the pic that says "shit's not that deep senpai"
It's just a fucking redraw, they're not applying thought to the process, just nice aesthetics.

this is my favorite cover

I pretty much like Havok only because of how aesthetic he is (himself, costume, powers, power signature)

Was this supposed to give off the Star Wars/Lampoon vibe or is that just what I'm seeing?

I love this one personally.

A Loaded Magazine indeed.

>finger on the trigger while loading
This pisses me off so much

This.

It’s not really reading too much into it because this is all surface level shit like you said. It’s a shallow attempt at relating to urban youths. Like how Mark Waid tries to relate to “fellow kids”.

Mother Fucking Cosmic Rock.

I don't know what this is but I like it