Scott Snyder & Sean Murphy to Reunite For Batman: Last Knight

>Writer Scott Snyder and artist Sean Murphy will reunite for DC Comics’ Batman: Last Knight. “I want it to be my last Batman story for a long time,” Snyder said this afternoon at New York Comic Con.

>Both creators are, of course, well-acquainted with the Dark Knight: Snyder is well known for his work on Batman, All Star Batman and the current Batman-centered event, with artist Greg Capullo, Dark Nights: Metal, while Murphy just launched Batman: White Knight.

>“Batman suddenly wakes up and he’s … young,” Snyder teased during DC’s Batman panel, “but he wakes up in this post-apocalyptic wasteland, crawling out of the sand in this Gotham City that’s been ruined. He’s got the Joker’s head chained to his belt, but it’s alive and like ‘You gotta move, kid!’ It’s got old Wonder Woman, Baby Superman — it’s like my Lone Wolf and Cub Batman story.”

>Snyder explained that he received advice from Grant Morrison about how to write iconic heroes like the Caped Crusader. “He said you’ve got to give them a birth and a death,” he recalled. “So this isn’t really a death, but this is a closing a chapter in my version of Batman.”

>Gordon and Murphy previously collaborated on Vertigo’s American Vampire and The Wake, and a short story for DC’s Detective Comics.

>No release date was announced for Batman: Last Knight.

This is what, his second or third last Batman story?

>He’s got the Joker’s head chained to his belt, but it’s alive and like ‘You gotta move, kid!’

James Gunn wept.

>He’s got the Joker’s head chained to his belt, but it’s alive and like ‘You gotta move, kid!'

Right when I'm ready to give Snyder another chance, he gives me a reason not to. Every time.

>Snyder explained that he received advice from Grant Morrison
He recalls that fucking anecdote every time they interview him about Batman. I'm not sure whether to laugh at the guy or pity him

>no more SnyderBat comics
Hell yeah

>another batman miniseries

I mean i'm game if its good but right now im getting like 4 batman books already

>Another Batman book

I want Batfags to commit collective suicide for funding this shit

What is it with working on Batman that keeps you coming back, despite promising to move on?

snyder needs to go, it's been too long at this point, nothing he's done comes close to grant's run

The mighty dollar.

Jesus Christ. Why doesn't Snyder just write a Joker mini series and be done with it? That's obviously the only character he cares about.

Sean Murphy said on his Twitter that after this he will retire from working with other writers and only work on his own stuff.

desu I just want him to have a whole Joker ongoing. That will keep him busy for a while since he doesn't write that many books at once.

Well if it gets him away from Batman I'll be happy, now we just need to get Slott away from spider-man

>tfw Superman's 80th birthday is next year and he doesn't get a mini at least.

>Snyder on Spider-Man
>Slott on Batman

The new world order

I'm usually not for this kind of extremist think even if done in hyperbole, but with Batman I really do have to wonder what DC would do if all his sales just vanished suddenly.
Would they just push those slightly below him in sales to compensate? Would they try to raise everyone equally to avoid the same brand disproportionately weakness?

They'd probably push JL, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Flash more since those seem to be the next franchises that sell decently.

He's getting Action Comics #1000, which will be pretty major.

I going to expect some homoerotic scenes between Doctor ock and Spider-man.

Snyder will reintroduce Jackal and create some dark clone nation.

Wait I still find snyders batman not unreadable. dont let Slott anywhere near him!

Green Lantern has also become more high-profile since Johns' run.

It started selling like shit after Johns' left.

You must have a high tolerance for crap then if you didn't black list Snyder after Death of the Family

>“I want it to be my last Batman story for a long time,”

So six months?

Was BatGordon that bad?

Is it physically impossible to write a Batman story without using knight wordplay?

It was pretty bad. Not as bad as Death of the Family, but not great.

Frank Miller and JRJr are doing Superman Year One. That's something.

... Why Frank Miller? I don't really think I want to read that.

He wanted something good, not god awful.

Did they ever explain how Gordon managed to drop 20 years off his age and ignore the effects that prolonged years of tobacco smoke has on his body? Or did all that go away when he shaved his mustache off?

I tihnk it was said he went through training

Slott wrote a pretty good Batman during Arkham Asylum: Living Hell, but I'm not sure how he would do with the main title.

Well, sign me up for that training, my knees hurt, I could do with shaving off twenty years of my life.

Well, at least he looked cool. Still don't understand the bunny ears, though.

He's not a good writer tho

are the people who want snyder gone from batman the same people who like King?

He went through training, stopped smoking, and had the super suit to help him. But he still wasn't very good at the job, some Z-listers called the Devil Pigs kicked his ass. He went back to smoking when Batman showed up.

Also artificial muscle implants or something, that I guess they just removed once he stopped being Batman?

>JRJr
Why couldn't they get Mazzuchelli back?

I think Snyder and King are both just OK at Batman

No, I hate both.

he has some great issues of Batman Adventures too

He's got an ego the size of a battleship. Dude is completely insufferable in twitter, and no, he actually doesn't tweet about politics or whatever, he just comes across as a huge douche.

>This is what, his second or third last Batman story?
Third.
The second one was Metal. He said the very same words like, two months ago.

So is Snyder only going to write Batman for the rest of his career? This is like forced fame at this point.

Please get Batman away from this cocksucker as soon as possible. I am so fucking sick of seeing Scotty Snyder and Batman in the same sentence.

Sorry guys. Scotty is going to write more Batman issues than Slotty has written Spider-Man issues or die trying. He was even nice enough to give Slotty a head start because Scotty knows he'll outlive the fat bastard.

I'm a Batfag and even I am sick of this shit.

DC should just publish more of Landis' Superman fanfic.

>Pretty major
Being written by Tomasi and Jurgens.

He's working on a second volume I think

Sup Forumsmblr actually hates Miller for speaking the truth.

Because nobody wants to write Superman. Why do you think they keep putting mediocre writers on the title?

>Spiderium

The premise sounds great, but sadly the execution will be just as formulaic as rest of Snyder's Batman. Snyder should realistic that he's not Morrison.