Star vs new promo

youtu.be/4qHNG3YpXNE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM
aval0nx.tumblr.com/tagged/star-vs-the-forces-of-evil
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Star vs the Forces of Evil-Star

Shit, looks like Star's gonna fuck up big time and will turn to Eclipsa to fix things. That theory about Star using Tom to get over Marco and it blowing up in her face seems more plausible now.

>we made wacky comedy characters for TV because networks buy that
>then we put them in drawn out high-drama stakes because that's popular
>but they're still wacky
>the drama stakes were made very wacky, but we still want you to see them as highly dramatic
>but the characters are still wacky and isn't it just so wacky and/or dramatic that these wacky characters were part of this wacky dramatic thing

I don't like thing.

Requesting a full script of what was said in the promo.

Star and the Forces of Evil confirmed

WE
SHEEV
NOW

That's how the show named in Russian.

It's all because we knew.

>I'm a princess, I can't just do what I want
>I can do what I want

Time to fucking panic

That was someone else's voice we don't know at the end right?

ALL I could fucking think of was Revenge of the Sith. Just all over place "Ah, so she is going Darth Vader

The forces of evil were inside Star all along

And they're called "Hormones and Mental Illness".

>That was someone else's voice we don't know at the end right?
Almost sounds like Janna. Janna end boss confirmed.

>People seriously thought the suffering would slow down

Why can't all promos be like this? Do you even know the last time I saw a promo for a cartoon's season that actually had effort into it and wasn't an announcer screaming and disconnected clips? Fucking Korra

No, I think Star is Luke in this scenario. Toffee was Vader. And if Star is Luke that would make Moon Obi Wan. But will Moon share Obi Wan's fate? Would Madwoman Nefcy really go there?

>tfw this was better than any of the bfm promos

ZONED

>The forces of evil were inside Star all along
Your starfee fanfic is still not canon

I would actually be impressed if Starco didn't happen. Because its super obvious right now.

> we'll have starco happen before the final season

>"Just 'cause I'm a princess doesn't mean I can do anything I want!"
>"I can do what I want."
youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

>implying Toffee wasn't Dooku
>implying there won't be a part where Star slaughters a bunch of monsters
>not just the men
>oh no
>but the women and the children too
If Eclipsa is Palpatine no one makes sense for Anakin apart from Star. She's even got a troubled love life to go berserk over.

Same with SU and most other modern shows that attempt drama.

It's a shitty compromise where you get the worst of both worlds.

Moon looks like the Annikin tho. She's queen before her time, she dips deep into black magic to save the day. Star would be the Luke, the one that EclipSheev drools over thinking he'll throw away his old toy and get a new one.

"Star look, you're my best friend but I belong on Earth and you belong on Mewni. I'll always be grateful for you giving me the courage to talk to Jackie. You and Tom have issues but the two of you are what Mewni needs to heal whether you're meant to be or not. Also, you have zero tits. I mean, nada. Flat."

> Star goes evil, holds her breath and tries enlarging her chest despite it obviously going wrong
> Marco cries "Stop, Star" but she refuses
> Star bursts into treats

Look at it this way, Moon is literally the empire. The monster massacre was order 66, and the monster republic was put down by the Butterfly empire. So Moon isn't Obi Wan, she's an Anakin whi hasn't become Vader...yet. Glossaryck is Obi ean and like Obi Wan he bit the dust thanks to his former pupil. Oh and watch Mina turn out to be Yoda.

>Moon is literally the empire
that's no empire

The comparison is really bad to begin with and you're just making it even sloppier.

>Entertainment can't be funny AND dramatic
Are you legitimately autistic?

>I need a friend
>Obvious Starco is now going back to platonic baiting to drag it out and force drama

If this happens I'm dropping the show. There is no reason for them to pad out the relationship like this any longer after the movie.

I CAN DO WHAT I WANT

> i have literally no understanding how long form storytelling works but i'm sure entitled
stay mad

When is this shit coming out?

DID
YOU
WATCH
IT

user, there's is season 4 and the blood moon ball. Nefcy as the opportunity to create the greatest love story ever told, but right now season 3 is for suffering in Mewni.

>long form storytelling means dragging things out for no good reason

Not every story has to end like a Jane Austen novel.

>There is no reason for them to pad out the relationship like this any longer
>dragging things out for no good reason
You know Marco is NOT in love with Star, and IS in love with another girl, right?

your opinions have been noted

Bruh, as much as I hate to admit it, Marco is still with Jackie.

I don't know why considering I think he left without telling her and he's not a good bf in general but he is

But we've already established that Star loves Marco. For her to go back to wanting to be friends is moving backwards.

Star was the one saying she wants to be friends in the teaser. Unless that's directed at Tom or Marco outright rejects her, she has no good reason to want to revert to the status quo.

Up in the air. He was listening to sad romantic break up music in Mexican before he left and seemed positive towards Star's advances.

You should only be making these complaints if Marco hasn't already broken up with Jackie which is not shown to be true by any measure

The difference is that SU sold me more on the main characters actually giving a shit about what's going on. Star fails by lacking characters who are serious about whatever the problem is and that the silly characters can riff off of - instead it just has the characters inexplicably suddenly get more serious at the eleventh hour just in time to pull off a Deus ex machina to save the day

>. Star fails by lacking characters who are serious about whatever the problem is and that the silly characters can riff off of - instead it just has the characters inexplicably suddenly get more serious at the eleventh hour j
Pretty sure that's an SU problem than a Star problem. Also why are you bringing that in here?

>This show should take tips from SU
You should stop having opinions

first, if Marco leaves Jackie, he will be an asshole, Marco right now as absolute no motives to leave Jackie, and it will leave Marco as a hated character, and no, Jackie not being that popular doesn't have anything to do, people will hate him.

Second, it could become really generic, Marco says yeah i love you and what? it could be Jarco 2.0, if this show has magic and shit, why not use the blood moon ball to make a great love story, even better if the moon is something bad.
Patience will be rewarded.

>For her to go back to wanting to be friends is moving backwards.
>she has no good reason to want to revert to the status quo.
Her reasoning is that it's impossible for her to move forward (into a relationship with Marco) because Marco doesn't feel the same way about her.
Therefore the best option for her going forward is to just try to deal with her feelings while maintaining her friendship with Marco, which we've seen her trying to do since "Just Friends."

>Marco seemed positive towards Star's advances
Star hasn't made any "advances."
He was completely bewildered by Ruberiot's song and the awkwardness it created poisoned their friendship.
He was stunned by Star's confession like everyone else, and the few words he managed to get out before she ran off were clearly not going to return her feelings.
Star casually compliments how cute he looks with his beret in "Toffee", which he responds to with an embarrassed smile, but that's just her not completely hiding her feelings, not a serious "advance." She's called him cute before and hugged him tight long before she had feelings for him, that's just how close they are as friends.

> this entire thread

But this is good. We're talking and arguing about the show and not dumping the same fanart and memes all over

>responding to bait
Don't do that

you have a point but on the other hand people are basing their speculations on
"this won't happen because that'll make character X a shitlord" and "but that's not a 1:1 correlation to the prequels"

How does it differ from how people discuss other shows?

>"but that's not a 1:1 correlation to the prequels"
You do understand these are jokes right?

There are no brakes on the pain train.

>people making predictions for future episodes is bad
okay

> I was only pretending to be retarded
jokes are funny

>people basing predictions on value judgments and not how storytelling works is good
Okay, tumblr.

okay, you sound really smart, so i guess you could respond this really easy, give me a good reason for Marco leaving Jackie right now and accept Star feelings and why it could leave a good storytelling.

Okay Mr. smarty pants what kind of predictions do you want to talk about instead of complaining?

>"this won't happen because that'll make character X a shitlord"
I think "they probably won't have a main character suddenly do something that makes them a total asshole" is a fair assumption

Star hooking back up with Tom, at least in part to keep her mind off of Marco, is pretty likely
Jackie breaking up with Marco because he's been negligent to her and too focused on Star is reasonable speculation
Star deliberately USING Tom to make Marco jealous is maybe not ENTIRELY out of character for her, but it would represent her morals failing badly and make her far less sympathetic, which would make her suffering less effective to the audience
Marco dumping Jackie like a sack of potatoes and leaping into Star's arms out of nowhere would be totally out of character and "14-year-old girl's fanfiction"-tier writing.

It's reasonable to say "there's no clear motivation for character X to do Y," it's not reasonable to say "showrunners live in mortal fear of people 10 years older than Disney XD's demographic having a tantrum on the internet"

>"showrunners live in mortal fear of people 10 years older than Disney XD's demographic having a tantrum on the internet"
Nobody said this

>Nefcy gives half a shit what rapid shippers on tumblr or anywhere else want
Wrong
>Nefcy is a shit hack of a writer who would make her characters act out-of-character for the sake of creating OR resolving drama
Wrong
>Nefcy wants her main characters to remain likable enough that audience remains invested in the drama they are involved in, and therefore would not write them in a way that would clearly make the audience unsympathetic toward them
Right

>The difference is that SU sold me more on the main characters actually giving a shit about what's going on

The townie characters live in a self absorbed bubble oblivous to 90% of the happenings around them. And with how many episodes focus on them, they are pretty much on par with the main cast at this point.

SU has the more interesting lore, but the amount of abuse you have to go through for shit to happen doesn't make it worth it and worst than Star.

>mfw Anakin/Star and Palpatine/Eclipsa theory will come true

>"Call me a VILLAINESS!"
I'm not the only one who got turned on by that, right?

Nope. Rock hard here. Hoping for good art to come out of all this

Damn, now I am geninously worried that Star starts dating Tom or something.

Looking forward to it. Let's see what the madwoman has in store for us this season.

Is that still Shawn Hunter playing Tom? Sounds off.

Is chart accurate

>Star in the middle
>BoJack not in the top right

Seems off to me.

faggot

>MrEnter next to fucking Teridax
>the Shmorkster next to Grievous
This is a good chart.

Lucifer fell from grace/light due to Pride. Dies Irae is only stronger as we move on.

>yfw the ending outro changes in the mid season finale to instead of a Shining Star, a Fallen Star reprise.

>The forces of evil were inside Star all along
Lewd

>scent of a hoodie
Is the whole episode just Star sniffing Marco's hoodie while touching herself?

>yfw the ending outro changes in the mid season finale to instead of a Shining Star

Is Earth, Wind, and Fire really appropriate for this show?

we evil star now

IF MY BABY NEEDS A BLANKET, IM GUNNA STEAL IT!

Eden Sher could totally do a great impression of that girl

evil Star won't care that Marco is dating another girl. Evil Star will get what evil Star wants

why five fingers if everything else is the same

i forgot she had 4

>Evil Star will get what evil Star wants
And more.

Back to the garbage heap with this.

when will this guy finish this comic

>yfw Demon Star actually happens

Soon™

did he even start it.

that's the only image of that AU i've seen

and i want to see more

he made a few pages but I don't have them anymore
Laptop with the pics died

And I would support it 110%

damn. at least got the artist name? i think it was avalonx or something but i've found nothing in google

In the dub of my country, it is implied that Star has evil within her for some reason, also the title is princess star AND the forces of evil

ya it's avalonx

aval0nx.tumblr.com/tagged/star-vs-the-forces-of-evil