Art, is it completely fucking dead?

This is an art history course schedule for UT Austin.

>Going to University for a fine arts degree

What a waste of time.

UT Civil Engineering grad here. Learned a lot about art in Architectural classes. You shoukd have picked a real major bro!

Art History is usually taken because America requires you to take at least one Art course, even for a STEM degree.

Also OP, not sure what you are complaining about. Looks like a typical Art History course tbqh.

>Studying ART...
>Absolutely no application in the labor market.
>Welcome to SJWs and Libtards biggest deposit.

Absolutely waste of white time user.

>Memes and mass media
Kek wills it

Lmao going $50k in debt to """learn""" about shit like cubism when you could've read a wiki page instead.

>Being this degenerate
There's a surprising amount of insight in these art history courses actually.

But I guess the only history worth studying in Sup Forums is the history of the Nazi empire?

>spending all that time on post-modernism

these people can fuck right off.

fine arts, yes. It's likely this is a humanities degree, as art history used to be standard for a proper westerner's education, like philosophy and civics.

What's your point?
The last lecture is obviously a joke. I took art history for my university required fine arts credit and we covered the same stuff
Easy A

welcome to cultural marxism

protip: its not a meme

>government waste studies
>real major
top kek

>implying taking an arts credit even for a STEM degree isn't required.

It's a broad education anons I need to learn this stuff!1!! How could I be a well rounded person if I didn't know about free bleeding paintings!!!

Funnily enough, some of the best art is on plebbit these days.

reddit.com/r/imaginarybattlefields

>cultural appropration
probably he complains about this, but this is only librul thing

>Austin

Well there's your problem

It has a pretty good CS program desu senpai.

>take an art class
>Expect to get a useful education

Any and all humanities courses are completely retarded, devoid of any real metric or meaning.

You have only yourself to blame.

I'm sure they do. Enjoy finding a CS job. Should have learned a trade.

Art schools are a fucking scam, if you want to become an artist just join a workshop, you'll progress faster and only have to pay a few hundred bucks a year instead of thousands.

>Implying I'm not a wandering poo here to take jobs from big butt white boys

*tips*

My university required 2 religion courses and 3 philosophy courses, each at ascending levels, for all degrees, including my Math degree.