How does Sup Forums feel knowing that there will never be such a hype moment in cartoon history?

How does Sup Forums feel knowing that there will never be such a hype moment in cartoon history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VAgCMUhexEg
youtu.be/NMLWhnN_pLc
youtu.be/5NvHppb8owU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how's it feel focusing on the worse side of one of the best Sup Forums things?

and if you don't think dragon ball/z is honorary Sup Forums by saying it's not a hype moment in cartoon history and strictly Sup Forums: why are you posting it here and not in Sup Forums?

Didn't Goku job after this?

>Goku has mastered Self-Movement
>His body can now fight and evade attacks on its own
>Superman still needs to send impulses from his brain to his muscles
>Goku won the debate forever

I don't want any debate here. ai'm only asking how Sup Forums feels about this. It's sad that cartoons are never going to get hypednlike this. And DB Super is a kid show too. There is literally no reason why cartoons can't have hype action show like this.

Did it lived up to it?

>Still get's blown out as soon as Ayylmao puts in effort

>Goku getting his umpteenth transformation is hype

>There is literally no reason why cartoons can't have hype action show like this.
Because western animation is shit. Some of the better western classics, like Thundercats, were Japanese animated, because inferior westerns were incapable of doing it right.

It's sixth and this isn't even a transformation.

I can't believe Goku went Super Sparkly Vampire

Thats not even the most hype moment in fuckin DRAGON BALL history, let alone including cartoons.
Fuckin retard.

Fuck Goku vs Jiren

Jiren vs Hit next week. Hit is best boy.

Yeah the fact it isn't even a SSJ mode makes this pretty new.

Now just wait until Toriyama inevitably applies SSJ to it and use it as an explanation for why Goku can stand up to Jiren.

>I can't believe Goku went Super Sparkly Vampire

T-that can't be. I've only heard stories but I believed them to be only so.

>actually defending this

Fuck off Pablo, in 6 months he'll have a new one

It took this one more than a year to come out.

Not quite.

He was running on fumes. He had attained a new 'form' (arguable it's even a form, but ignore that for now), but only after having wasted all his energy. What he was running on was fumes from the spirit bomb he was using rather than his own energy. When that ran out, he dropped out of the form and the fight ended. Mark my words, Jiren vs Goku will happen again after Jiren goes a round with Hit, Vegeta, and Freeza in turn.

It's not a form. It's a base power up anyone can master. It's almost a technique. This also means it can be used while Super Saiyan. Start bets on what color ULTRA INSTINCT SUPER SAIYAN will be. I assure you going SSJ with it will be the next step.

When do they get to the power-up in which the overbrimming ki knits him a new shirt to replace the one that's inevitably exploded?

>still missing the point

On one hand, I'm happy that this keeps all the beaners and other retards stuck in the hamster wheel.

that was a thing in bleach wasn't it

What's the hypest thing to actually happen in non-Japanese cartoons then?

Oozaru/Giant ape
SSJ
USSJ
SSJ2
SSJ3
SSJ4
SSJG
SSJG Blue

How does the DBZ rejects of Sup Forums feel that Super is outhyped Seasonally?

Every episode of The New Adventures of Superman had a hype moment.

Death of Superman got news coverage

The only New character that matters.

There is literally nothing this season that outhyped Super.

not really mainly because of the poor fight choreography and low budget animation. Goku's aura is cheap cgi.

>Missing Kaioken
>Counting USSJ, which isn't even a real form, but not perfected super saiyan
Faggot.

The designs in Super fucking suck except for Zamasu/Black

Who cares? Being able to move yourself isn't going to suddenly negate Superman's invulnerability.

Yep. Anybody that isn't trying to troll is saying that it does. Especially during the new form reveal. With Beerus saying "He's coming.".

I thought it did. This was the first DBS fight that actually felt like DBZ.

Jiren is a fucking monster. When he gets into Fighterz as DLC I'm buying that shit day one.

>Implying Goku can't hurt Superman

Superman vs. Darkseid probably. The oft-quoted world of cardboard speech.

USSJ is a separate form, Kaioken isn't a form, it's just a powered up mode, so when counting forms I'll stick to the forms.

>invulnerability
He's not though, just very resistant to most conventional ways of damaging things.

But that ends with Supes getting his ass easily kicked in the end anyway.

>He's not though, just very resistant to most conventional ways of damaging things.
In other words, physical invulnerability.

>But that ends with Supes getting his ass easily kicked in the end anyway.
But that wasn't the question. That moment was hype, no matter how it ended up.

the final Yuugo vs Nox in Wakfu

Resistant is not invulnerable moron.

All the news coverage was for the comic of that event, not a cartoon of it.

It's an oft-quoted scene, but I'd consider this bit, at the point where the old theme kicks in, to be far more of a "hype" moment.
youtube.com/watch?v=VAgCMUhexEg

>Invulnerable definition: incapable of being wounded, hurt, or damaged
Very resistant != incapable of, so the only way he is invulnerable "in other words" is if you're using the wrong words.

>But that wasn't the question. That moment was hype, no matter how it ended up.
It only keeps the hype because people cut off and forget what happens afterwards. If you remind them of him getting their ass kicked the air usually goes out of them. Flash going all speedforce on Luther was better.

Damn straight

Hit > Vegeta > Frieza > Jiren

Nigga you dont know what invulnerability is.

>All the news coverage was for the comic of that event, not a cartoon of it.
Fair enough, didn't take that into consideration.

most likely a fist of the north star reference

the salt on this one because of the hype is hilarious

its shit. only goku black arc was good in terms of originaloty, everything else is lazily choreographed with reused animation and shitty art

if i dare do say, Jiren is Half Silver Age superman without its moral compass + the mentality of Dredd and Frank Castle, he considers everyone criminals that needs to be punished

also stop considering power levels here because Toriyama would claim that Supes wins this one, the old bastard loves silver and Golden Age Superman, this is why he made Z to mirror Superman's origins and story

>Half Silver Age Superman
What's the other half?

he already said judge dredd and the punisher

>hype
>over something that happens every single arc

Black ClovaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAr is getting way more play.

>+ the mentality of Dredd and Frank Castle
bullshit
If he had anything in common with Frank or Dredd, he would have BTFO Goku before he even turns SSJ instead of waiting for him to power up
And boy, I wish he did that.

It was fanfic tier.

He dodged all of Jirens attacks when he was defending but still couldnt damage him

No, he said the first half was "Silver Age Superman without his moral compass + Frank/Dredd." Which is already a bit redundant.

I'm saying learn how to construct a fucking sentence.

What is it with Japan and characters who shout FOR JUSTICE but are actually evil as hell?

Goku got BTFO by purple Superman tho

youtu.be/NMLWhnN_pLc
youtu.be/5NvHppb8owU

>What is it with Japan and characters who shout FOR JUSTICE but are actually evil as hell?
I guess Japan is redpilled on SJW

no idea but they somehow doubled down and made a character who also obsesses over 'honor' but has no qualms shooting down sleeping soldiers

Thundercats was fucking shit. Try again

they know what they did in WWII but aren't allowed to talk about it openly

WAT

Every Samurai Jack ep from finial season.

They aren't evil though.

I appreciate that you have SRW pictures ready.

Dragonball has been fanfic tier since end of Frezia saga. SSJ2? Ultra SSJ? Edgy future sword guy?

Jiren's personality is more like Thor's than Punisher

But he is essentially a Superman clone otherwise, including eye blasts and all

They're triggered over western morality because they know deep down that it's correct.

Who would win in a fight, Goku or two slightly smaller Gokus? Like 85% size each.

Does anyone know what this is suppose to be?
Someone is taking a light bath sauna thing?

>114 episodes
>show off 4 new super saiyan forms for goku
>show off another new super saiyan form for gohan
>show off 2 new super saiyan forms for an alternate dimension goku
>show off another new super saiyan form for an alternate dimension Trunks

...hype?

I'm enjoying it, but this level of hype is blatantly manufactured.

Jiren is just a stupidly strong dude that Goku has to somehow overcome, like the entirety of Z and Super before.
Goku achieves a new form or masters a new technique which gives him the upper hand, like most of the time.

The whole of the survival arc is them telling you to get excited about Jiren, the opening theme to this arc was obviously alluding to this moment for weeks.

The episode was also like 40~60% bystanders talking about what's happening without showing much of what's happening.

Point is, this is the same dog and pony show they've been running since forever.

well, you're an anime not a cartoon. So...

>Goku achieves a new form or masters a new technique which gives him the upper hand, like most of the time.

With the exception that he got his shit kicked in since he couldn't keep the form up.

Like Kaioken and SSJ3.

>I thought it did. This was the first DBS fight that actually felt like DBZ.

Not really if anything this is like the third or fourth

has goku EVER won a fight after introducing a new form, aside from going SSJ1 against freeza?

>kaioken vs vegeta: lost
>super saiyan vs freeza: won
>super saiyan 2 vs vegeta: lost
>super saiyan 3 vs Buu: didn't win, so lost
>super saiyan god vs Beerus: lost
>super saiyan god super saiyan: freeza blew up the planet - lost
>super saiyan god super kaioken saiyan vs Hit: lost

does ss4 count?

>Oozaru vs Oolong and Puar: lost

Can't super just fucking die already and stop infesting everything else? I'd compare it to cancer, but at least that has an ending.

Goku's new form is literally Dunyain.

He's mastered the Logos and surpassed the Darkness that Comes Before

I hate to admit it but Jailbreak. No single episode has spawned more fanart.

It's tradition that when a new form or power is introduced in Dragon Ball, it just fails.
Exceptions are SSJ vs Freezer and SSJ2 vs Cell, but afterwards? I think everything else fails the first time it's used.

didn't new super saiyan trunks beat zamasu?

and goku black crushed trunks

I never watched Super so you may be right. I stopped at Z (Actually watched some GT, but erased it from my memory with electrocution).

>take a hardnosed stance against offenders that kill and hurt others because they're being a shit, going as far as to even kill them to ensure that everybody is safe
>evil as hell

If anything, both heroic and "heroic" Japanese characters have it right by not half-assing the job they've taken up.

With the distinct exception of Goku, Goku is an irresponsible and selfish shit.

>didn't new super saiyan trunks beat zamasu?
no it just destroyed his body beyond repair. so zamasu abandoned his body and his soul infected reality itself. they had to resort to their Samson Option

>super saiyan 2 vs vegeta: lost
Vegeta suckered punched him after they agreed to stop fighting

alls fair in love and war

still a loss.

>With the distinct exception of Goku, Goku is an irresponsible and selfish shit.
Except a good chunk of the enemies he didn't kill were instrumental is the defeat of later, greater threats, or straight up became heroes themselves.

niggas even Vegeta doesn't count that shit

vegeta also considers the time he crushed goku as a loss.

He's not a very accurate indicator of winners.