Now that we're 5 episodes in, it's time to rate it. What do you think of the show so far...

Now that we're 5 episodes in, it's time to rate it. What do you think of the show so far? Does it live up to the 1987 cartoon?

Other urls found in this thread:

suspendersofdisbelief.tumblr.com/post/165916927401/do-the-beagle-boys-all-have-the-same-father
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's a new episode?
Where's the MEGA?

Nevermind

It's only five? Episode six aired yesterday, did they skip five?

No, that was Episode 5. Episode 6 is going to be about an internship of some sort. I think you're very confused about how many episodes were out.

Not enough scrooge and treasure hunting.

Escape to/from Atlantis essentially counts as Episode 2.

The way Disney fucked with the episode order really wasn't nice.

We got so very little of Scooge so far because of that. Currently he feels like a secondary character in his own goddamn show.

I will rate after see the episode in the correct order

No the guide on my tv just shows it as episode 6.

Webby is annoying
give me my Scrooge episodes!!!

On the other hand, we now know the personality and flaws of the kids.

Also, grey Terra-Firmian confirmed for traitor working with power hungry Terra-Firmian witch.

So far, pretty great! It's currently got some two big issues (1: every episode starts off slow and character-introductiony, 2: lack of
Scrooge), but even if that doesn't get fixed, it's still WAAAY better than the 1987 one! In fact, I'd probably put it as one of my favourite shows of all.

I'm saying that as someone who wasn't from the '80s though. By modern standards, the 1987 one simply isn't very good to begin with.

Eh, nothing special at the moment. It focuses WAY too much on the kids, which I expected anyway, but it's none the less annoying. All the adult characters are far more interesting, I want to see more of them.

I haven't watched the old show since I was a kid however, so I don't remember if this was always an issue or not with Ducktales.

>live up
Aside from staying true to the premise (adventure and treasure hunting all over the world), the feel is quite different. It is bloody marvelous, and perhaps better.

>namefag
>blindly defending a brand based on name alone

Old ducktales had tons of Duckburg adventures though.

In fact, I think there were more Duckburgidodes than treasurehunting

>Duckburgidodes
That's chuckle worthy.

I never watched the original, but I got swept up in the hype.
The new show feels hollow and insincere, like they're too focused on making everything "cool".

>hollow and insincere
Have we watched the same show??

It's pretty great. Too much focus on Webby, whom I find annoying, and too little on Scrooge and Donald and Huey - but as has been pointed out many times, just about all of these can be explained out with the episodes being shown out of order. Show could easily be top tier if we were to see it in the order the creators intended.

show got better with the introduction of Lena. shes hot

Lena is annoying and edgy, a bog-standard "troubled" anti-villain type. She's easily my least favorite character in the entire series.

but that is what makes her so appealing. shes the rebel. and she has a nice ass.

That seems to be the only problem currently, and we know that is because of schedule mixups.

I feel like its unfair to judge it in the episode order we know its bad, so i think I'll wait till all the stated eps come up and then give my overall review.

>I feel like its unfair to judge it in the episode order we know its bad
Given that it's still pretty good and has fairly little to judge for, I'd take this as an excellent sign.

It's a kids show, user. Characters are intentionally bog-standard, because that's what kids like. There won't be a single character in the show that has more than two dimensions.

She will turn against her aunt for some reason. It's so predictable it's boring.

in many ways it actually surpasses the original

I don't like that they made Huey the logical bore. I thought they make a compromise, the monsters are real bit his book saves the day. Nope, Webby was right and he was a boring smart-ass.

This

Because the episode order is fucked, the focus on the kids is way too much
It's pretty much The Huey, Duey, and Louie Show: Guest Starring Scrouge McDuck from Ducktales and featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series

Not enough Scrooge.

Someone mentioned scheduled conflicts but I bet it's also because of voice acting budgets. David can't be cheap. They've cut Danny Pudi from talking in some eps as well to save money.

Until now they episodes are as planned. You complaint isn't legit yet.

I would not and could not fuck that duck

You're in luck, the next 2 episodes will feature Scrooge.

Get used to webby being right all the time

I could and I would.

Then wait for the reintroduction of Doofus

LP does his part.

It's shit.

Doofus was originally brought in as a replacement for Donald. With Donald actually involved in the cartoon, there'll be no reason for bringing Doofus along, at least not in any major role.

He's already been confirmed as a villain.

So are they saving Scrooge episodes so they line up with NuWho televised schedule or something? Or maybe they hope Webby will be some massive breakout character? WTF is up with the schedule mixing?

Oh, well, that sounds pretty good actually.

your shit

Lena is cute.

Can't wait for her to get possessed by Magica.

Wow.

>your shit
>not using you're

its like you dropped out of school at an early age.

Huey ep was delayed for the holidays because it has snow in it
Terra firrmian ep aired early because it's the "spooky Halloween" ep and Disney airs those at the start of October, not late October like the writers anticipated
Lord knows why they switched the mark beaks and gladstone eps but that change will probably not mess up the pacing the same way the other two did

Honestly better then the original series and I loved the original growing up. Just need my Darkwing now.

The Pilot was two episodes for the purposes of reruns.

>0.099 disneybux have been added to your savings account

Do you really think Danny Pudi is more expensive than Bobby Moinihan?

Probably not as expensive as piece of toast.

>Someone actually likes something and isn't all cynical and critical like real mature adults
>Must be a shill

I kinda wished they'd do GizmoDuck first then DW so they could build a Duckberg superhero team.

Gawd I forgot about Doofus. They haven't made other than Huey the boys major Woodchuck rangers so Doofus would seem redundant. I hate side geeky characters in shows.

So they're going the movie Scrappy route?

Yeah 5 kind of blowed. "Out of order" aside, everyone felt stupider than usual to push how competent Webby and Lena are. Like Beakley wouldn't know to look for a fucking tool?

It was the first time I actually felt some of the whatever some people feel around here whenever the female cast does anything, ever, and it was a shitty introduction to Huey who feels like a lame, deluded coward now.

He's probably going to be Huey's nemesis at the woodchuck lodge. Has ALL the badges Huey hasn't gotten yet because his life is insane.

It makes sorta sense that Scrooge and Donald are background characters since the show points out they are legendary adventurers but that's in the past.

I'd say the greentext fags are probably the most intellectually bankrupt posters here.

Yeah that bugged me that we get now that Huey is the more reasonable of the brothers but he came off this episode as a kinda tool. Is it me or are they trying to ship Huey with Webby the hardest? Since he seems the nicest to her anyways.

No I think he's just the nice one. He was visibly irritated with Webby and Lena's taunting all episode and probably has the least patience with bullshit out of the brothers.

I've seen all except the most recent and the pilot is still the best episode. Random thoughts:
- Celebrity casting doesn't do much for me because outside of Tennant and Anselmo I don't recognize any of them. On the other hand, every single Beagle besides Ma is the same guy. THAT'S impressive.
- New personalities are fine, but we need some globe-trotting treasure hunts fast.
- Lena's annoying because she had no apparent reason to do anything she decided on besides boredom, and the last 30 seconds revealing the Magica connection were rushed as hell. Weakest member so far.
- As someone else has said, there's too little of Scrooge so far.

I like it, but I'm hoping we get back to the first episode's level soon.

I don't like how the beagle boys are now generic incompetent crooks. In the 1987 cartoon, there were entire wings of duckburg prison were dedicated to keeping the beagle boys locked up, now they're just a shell of their former selves.

I agree. Ma Beagle in particular is changed for the worst.

I hope we'll see Grandpa Beagle from the comics.

Maybe he'll come and make them the feared crime family we know and love them as

Not that user and I like the show but you dipshits do sound like honest to god shills, claiming it's a masterpiece only a few episodes in. Being reasonable, I would say it's a fun watch with good writing.

Exactly. It'd give some reason for them to be buffoons at first.

They were incompetent in the 1987 version as well, take the nostalgia goggles off.

I sure hope so, I know ma beagle was a creation for the cartoon, but I know she can still be better.

This
>but even if that doesn't get fixed, it's still WAAAY better than the 1987 one! In fact, I'd probably put it as one of my favourite shows of all
Nigger please

They had to skip ep 5 because of the Las Vegas shooting incident.

suspendersofdisbelief.tumblr.com/post/165916927401/do-the-beagle-boys-all-have-the-same-father

Alone? Yes. But in the 1987 cartoon they were really smart when they worked together. That's why keeping them behind bars was the highest priority for duckburg penitentiary

>What do you think of the show so far
Overall? Ok, I guess. Doesn't piss me off too much (except for certain elements, but that's Disney's usual lack of tact and focus). But truthfully, I'm only watching it for Webby

Really hoping for Lena x Webby. Maybe not directly, but at least with very strong hints, one opportunity for which they missed in picrelated scene

Much less so.

So far, it has absolutely none of the charme of the original. It just oozes cheapness. In fact, does anyone remember that shitty cartoon with Donald where the 3 nephews were teenage aged and all had stupid 90s skater hairstyles and clothes? That's what this remake reminds me of more than anything.

That's his answer to almost everything, so I wouldn't get too excited.

Quack Pack? Yeah, that's exactly how I feel about it.

No, he's usually pretty direct with answers unless something's an actual spoiler.

His answers are usually either
>see pinned tweet
>Yep
Or
>Yuuuuuup.
Some of his answers like the changes for Gyro we're good but most of the time it seems like he doesn't want to be bothered.

don't forget that Burger was changed because he was fatphobic and a target for bullying, but then they went ahead and made the ugly failures, one of which is basically old Burger

Someone asked him about Darkwing and he responded he never even heard about it which is bullshit. Just give straight answers nobody thinks you're funny.

>ugh interspecies mixing
what the fuck? Is launchpad a bigot?!

Someone needs to remind launchpad what the current year is

The tweet is specifically asking for a cryptic hint about the Darkwing episode. I assume the reply is some kind of subtle reference to the episode that won't make sense until it airs.

A fat, stupid, offensive idiot.
The Cartman of Ducktales.

That's where reboot magic kicks in.

No. Launchpad and Fenton were Donald replacements. It's notable, because wherever they base their cartoon adventures on comics, it was either Launchpad or Fenton in the roles, where Donald was in the comic.

Dude it's not cartoon network, they're not going to change their minds and make Marceline and Bubblegum a ship tease because of.

Oh whatever the /u/fan is perfidious and endless.

God I Hate Yurifags.

And the counterpoint is that you look like a genuine "People like something I don't, this is an outrage" guys.

I mean, there's a combined total of two hours of screentime so far. If we can't judge it yet, we wouldn't be able to judge movies at all.

It's better than gay ducks and you know it.

Both are equally cancerous.

I like it but I’d probably like it more if the Dumbass Executives would AIR THE EPIODES IN THE CORRECT FUCKING ORDER!

Fuck that is true. These threads are gonna go to shit pretty soon aren't they?

Doesn't matter, yurifags and yaoifags are pure cancer.

> Is there anything, anything at all, that you can tell us about Darkwing Duck's appearance in Ducktales? I'd even settle for a really obscure and hard to decipher clue that would take hours of theorizing and research to find the meaning behind it.
>Darkwing Duck’s in DuckTales?! This is the first I’m hearing of this.
I'm pretty sure he IS answering the question. There's probably a scene where Gosalyn mentions Darkwing in public, and Drake Mallad 'covers it up' by exclaiming "Darkwing Duck's in Duckberg!? This is the first I'm hearing of this."