Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

TMNT thread?

Yes senpai

Utrom Shredder = best Shredder

If only, OP. Usually TMNT threads don't have many posters (unless it's a discussion of Nick's cartoon), so they die really fast.
You need to create some kind of discussion at least. For example, what got you interested in TMNT and so on.

I just wish they would release a Blu-ray of the 2003 series.. Everything I have is pretty much potato quality from when it came out.

All the DVDs are expensive, don't contain a lot of episodes, and left the series unfinished...

Why do you think the show was made in HD?

They should just release a complete DVD boxset.

>and left the series unfinished
Season 7 was released on DVD internationally, if that's what you're talking about.

I have some really weird DVDs. The first DVD doesn't start with the episodes of the first season, but with the episodes of the third season.

I'm still on season 2 from the 2003 series. Does that lost Triceratops come back for more than one episode?

No. Zog is dead.
:(

Not sure how to correct you without a spoiler, but that's not the right answer to user's question there.

Oh, wait. Did I got user's question wrong?

Well, I'll take what I can get. Just tell me if he shows up for more than one episode. I just really love nameless grunts getting a characterization and their own storyarc.

I don't care for a HD upscale or remaster, just want something better then I have.

I wasn't aware of that, but I know there isn't a straight forward box set or collection. Early releases are like 3-5 episodes each, they did release some box sets, but still split the seasons in half and gave them odd names/number releases.

It sure seems like it.
He has significantly more screentime than his initial cameo, if that's what you mean.

>He has significantly more screentime than his initial cameo, if that's what you mean.
Good enough for me, I guess. I'm really looking forward to seeing him again.

I get your question now. Sorry man, I thought meant something else.

Don't worry about it.

Does the HD version of the 2003 series even exist online?

I don't think an HD version was ever made, user.

It's possible to download 720p series on torrent.

There was a widescreen version of Turtles Forever, I think. But thats about it for "enhanced" episodes.

Pretty sure that's an upscale, i.e. horrendous shit that nobody should ever even think about downloading.

This GIF should be the go-to response for the faggots complaining about the Shredder not being human.

720x480
It's something at least.

Nick said if there is enough interest in 2003 they would release it in a proper season set format

I liked Krang's cameo in this episode.

That quality looks quite terrible, and the aspect ratio seems off.

Well, it's certainly better than a youtube video.

When is she coming back?

Wonder if they'll ever release other stuff like Nightmares Recycled (apparently completed animation and voice acting outside of ADR).

Or the soundtrack, I really want full versions of "Midnight Run in NYC" and "It's a Jungle Out There". Not to mention a full-length Shredder theme.

>Nightmares Recycled
Was it that banned episode about the Grabage Man?

Who????

>Who????
A character from the Archie comics

Yeah, it was that one.
I'm so pissed they cancelled it JUST before it was finished, it would have helped smooth over reception of season 5 significantly by making it feel more grounded. As it stands, we only have one episode ("Membership Drive") from that season that feels like it's from the earlier ones.

Ah... well, I didn't read it. Was she popular? If so, maybe she could appear in IDW's ongoing.

Yeah. I would be interested to see the way they portray his and Hun's messed up backstory.

No it's not something we need to see in the IDW comics.

She doesn't really seem to fit the franchise, so I agree.
Were Archie comics any good?

First 20 issues were silly and kid-oriented like the cartoon but after it became more interesting and even a bit more mature. The turtles travel in many countries and meet many new characters. As a kid I enjoyed it and I think it's still good.

Much of the script is online, you can read it user.

Yeah, on Peter Laird's blog, I know that. I meant visually.

>Were Archie comics any good?

They were nice and comfy. Obviously less hardcore than the original Mirage continuity, but much more serious than the Fred Wolf cartoon after the first few arcs. It started as a straight adaption of cartoon scripts, but they got some new writers and artists in (who also worked on the Mirage issues while Eastman and Laird were off) who made it more plot-driven and introduced more villains.

For example the Archie comics extensively used Slash, who i believe was designed for the action figure line, and gave him a kind of neat character arc. In the cartoon he was just a one-off villain, but he had some more stuff to him in the comic without overstaying his welcome.

Ninjara was a huge part of the Archie series so if you dislike the idea of canon turtle romance then it's probably not for you. She wasn't terribly obnoxious, honestly.

The least appealing aspect of Archie was the over-the-head environmentalist message, which was also all over the Mirage comics at the time.

>Ninjara was a huge part of the Archie series so if you dislike the idea of canon turtle romance then it's probably not for you. She wasn't terribly obnoxious, honestly.

Maybe I could close my eyes on that. As long as she won't be too tacky.
Thanks.

Thanks for a reply too :)

Yeah I think it holds up pretty decently. And it seems to have reached the point now where we are getting Archie characters adapted for other media like Bellybomb in the cartoon and Null in the IDW comics.

>Maybe I could close my eyes on that. As long as she won't be too tacky.

There's a big reason that people bring her and Alopex up together. Alopex in the comic fills pretty much the exact same role that Ninjara did in her earlier appearances in TMNT, but their paths diverge pretty heavily after that. Ninjara ended up sticking with the turtles a lot, whereas Alopex remains more or less a loner.

But yeah, she's pretty much introduced as a love interest for Raphael since they're both edgy or at least what passes for edgy in a kid's comic

Nope

Haha, it's always Raph, isn't it?

>Who????

Cherubae (yes that really is her name) was one of Shredder's rival warlords from Dimension X. When they all got overthrown she reformed and realized they had all been dicks in the past, and retreated to live a humble life in disguise on earth. She did however take a super-powerful plot device with her that Krang wanted to conquer the universe, and eventually she had to recruit the turtles and some others to help defend it.

She was kinda-sorta like Renet but instead of being young and inexperienced Cherubae was much more mature.

Ohh, I see, thanks for the info

Pretty much always is. Mikey had Mona Lisa in that one episode of the original cartoon, but otherwise it's usually Raph who gets the girl(s).

He had Mona Lisa as his girlfriend in Nick's cartoon as well. But I didn't like their relationship.

Oh yeah, she was an alien or something in the new one, right?

Yeah. She was a warrior of her homeplanet. Basically she with her commander and the turtles got stuck on the same planet. She and Raph have fallen in love with each other in a few hours (something that I hate and don't understand).

>tfw shredder picks his head up and walks away
When I first saw that I was fully hooked. Fucking annoyed it turned out just to be Krang, wish they had gone with Shredder being a demon

An Utrom Shredder hater in this very thread!?
See

First movie Shredder was best Shredder. No alien or high-tech BS, just one man running his clan like it's a full-blown cult worshiping him. And he's got the skill to back his boasts, able to take all four Turtles at once and only get a single nick on the arm. Then he loses his temper when Splinter arrives and blindly attacks him only to get killed, a perfect callback to earlier in the film when Splinter was telling Raph to not let his anger cloud his judgment like Shredder did.

Then the second film turned Shredder into a Saturday-morning cartoon villain like the animated TMNT and he lost all his awesomeness.

He looks kinda cute as an Utrom.

Find her...silence her!

All Utroms look strangely cute. The one the Shredder stole his body suit from was the cutest; no doubt.

Utrom shedder was a good villain but shredder being a normal flesh and blood man will always make his skill and feats more impressive.

As good as the 03 series was... it's starting to create the new generations of nostalgia fags.

Why is that a problem?

Have all of Season 1-2, 4, and 5 on DVD. Yeah it sucks I don't have Season 3, but meh.

just don't pay attention to them

There really needs to be more straight up evil female mutant badguys in a series. I mean it's current year.

But what for? Do we have any reason to do it?

My sick perversions are one reason.

How about just more female mutants in general?

IDW comics got some.

Girls are supposed to be attractive, user. The mutant aspect kinda ruins that.

Alopex, Koya, Sally aaand that's it.

Zodi and Jagwar too

You just summed up every tmnt romance

Alright, how come IDW TMNT is terrible in he Fap Bait department?

Right, Zodi. But I didn't count Jagwar, since she a Pantheon.

Haha

Because they are good in the heart warming department.

By heart warming I meant the turtles acting like a family.
You think I read the comic for female characters? Hah

Jagwar is a girl in IDW? Damn, are they on some kind of genderbender spree? First Null and now this.

2003 is the best of the cartoon/tv series, sticks to a lot of the mirage stories, and building on it's own.

the original series is very campy, and hard to watch, Next Mutation is shit, and 2012 isn't bad, but not for everyone.

It doesn't mean everything else is shit or I don't like them for what they are, but it's a preference. If the next TMNT reboot is just a comedy/TTG! clone, then i'll just skip on it and keep reading IDW.

The 2012 series isn't just bad, you're right. It's actually utter shit.

Canon fodder grunt krang did that shit in the new series it's not that impressive.

Where can somebody watch the Uncut Turtles Forever movie?
The links seem to have disappeared from the web and it was never released on DVD in north america, if you can believe that bullshit

When is Chrell going to see action in IDW?

I watch the 2003 cartoon and Iike it, tough not enough to watch or read the rest of the franchise. Then this year I was pretty fucking boring with nothing to read so I started reading the IDW`s TMNT and even tough the start was pretty fucking slow, I coudn`t stop reading until I ran out of issues.

Was the series even made in HD?

I wonder what the next reboot is gonna be like?
My wishlist is
>human shredder who's actually a threat, you can make it a woman for all i care
>adult reporter april/casey instead of everyone's teens
>respect and nods towards all of the base material but not 100% wanking off the '80s/2000s/comics and referencing those constantly, try some new stuff
>SLIGHTLY more grounded, less constant wacky off the wall shit

i'm pretty sure we're getting the polar opposite of this, i'm expecting a comedy show

So basically the 2003 cartoon with human Shredder? Don't think Nick will literally want to do it over.

it's funny because I barely watched that one

The target audience will be little kids. I doubt there would be something interesting.

I'd like a more edgy show, to be honest. Allow for some blood and such. I'm not even asking for the turtles to kill, but let Shredder actually kill and make some people, other mammals and reptiles bleed.

>respect and nods towards all of the base material but not 100% wanking off the '80s/2000s/comics and referencing those constantly, try some new stuff
It would be cool to add something from IDW comics.

Nobody too

>immortal alien in an overpowered robot body
>best

Right.

Glad you agree

So did IDW Maligna actually show up yet or is she still just concept art?

She is on the cover of TMNT #74 but didn't show up. She will probably be in the issue #75.

Check out the Lost Season of the 2003 cartoon then. It gets a little weird with the turtles getting dragon astral projection things, but the original demon Shredder comes back that Utrom Shredder based his whole bit on.