So I finally got around to watching this

I really enjoyed it. Vulture especially was awesome. I heard it got a more mixed reception here though. Why is that? So, yeah. Spider-Man: Homecoming thread.

I am watching it right now. Better than the Garfield movies, honestly.

I love how they wove in Spider-Man as being a minor character of the MCU while also using that mythology to explain how Spider-Man's rogue gallery formed.

Flash didn't annoy me. He was the perfect modern bully. I wish they would have included some social media bullying with Flash creating a fake Spider-Man twitter account talking about he and Penis Parker hang out all the time and chill.

Vulture was an amazing villain.

I didn't enjoy Flash as much as did Spectacular Spider-Man Flash, but I think he was perfectly fine. His actor did very well considering what he was given to work with. I mean. Penis Parker? Seriously?

>getting everyone at a massive party to chant Penis Parker

You know that hurt Peter, right?

>I love how they wove in Spider-Man as being a minor character of the MCU
This is what a person who doesn't like Spider-Man would say.

Oh. Yeah. I know. It just sounds incredibly childish. I know. I know. They're supposed to be like sophomore year of high school. But even then it sounds weird.

Spidey is a 15-year-old from Queens. He's not going to be hanging out with Adam Warlock and Silver Surfer right out of the gate.

>So I finally got to download it illegally lets talk about this shitty movie again

I liked the Amazing movies too much to give it a chance, this is one movie Marvel is not getting my money on

What was wrong with it, user?

Did you go to high school? This kid on the football team pissed in the shower once, and they called him piss all 4 years.

When he graduated - they chanted 'piss, piss, piss'... and that was his team mates.

>stream it from Kodi
FTFY

Serious question: Why was Iron Man okay with Peter stopping Vulture on the plane but not the boat? If he hadn't directed it correctly it could have crashed into a building and killed hundreds of people? What's stopping him putting innocent people in danger again?

I did. It's just that I was never really close enough to my class to witness dumb nicknames going around. The closest thing I remember was this one kid in my senior English class whose friends called him "Tripod" or something.

Iron Man is a drunk who screws Trump Supporter Small Business Men as part of his liberal agenda of inclusion. You can't expect him to be good at anything.

What name did they call you, user?

Probably because Peter didn't crash into building and stopped the Vulture from stealing from Iron Man directly. So, he made up for his mistake, I guess.

I didn't have one. They either called me by my name or the shortened version of it. It was a small town high school.

Does Trump even exist in the MCU?

I assume is would, he's just not predisent.

He feels major in this movie (his own movie) and it works. Fuck Tony Stark though.

>He feels major in this movie
No he doesn’t.

It was incredibly mediocre and not special at all. It barely qualified as entertaining. Its like eating an incredibly bland cookie that doesn't taste bad, its just not memorable or unique or special in any way.
This movie is the perfect example of formulaic schlock. Its like it was put together by an AI to be /just entertaining enough/ and /just quippy enough/ to appeal to grandmas and 6 year olds and everyone in between
Tom Holland is a decent babby spidey. The movie itself is just bland garbage though, and it was more teen highschool drama than cool spiderman shenanigans.

Flash was the worst. I don't even care that he wasn't a physical bully, the only thing he shares in common with comics Flash is that he's mean to Peter.

Let's see what defines Flash in the original comics
>Hates Peter
>Good guy deep down
>Dumb Jock
>#1 Spider-Man fan

So let's compare that to MCU Flash now
>Hates Peter
Check.
>Good guy deep down
Nope. He was a selfish coward who literally pulled Liz out of the way to save himself in the elevator
>Dumb Jock
This guy is a Smart math nerd, and is smaller than Peter.
>#1 Spider-Man fan
Flash didn't really care about Spider-Man in this film at all. Spider-Man saves his friends lives and the only thing he wants to know from Spider-Man is if Peter's lying or not.

I feel like Spiderman Homecoming is going to be an almost perfect time capsule of 2010s culture. Like, if kids decades from now want to know what life in the 2010s was like, this will be the movie you'd show them.

>I am watching it right now

>Penis Parker? Seriously?

'Peter' is actually a slang term for penis. I thought it was funny.

>Why was Iron Man okay with Peter stopping Vulture on the plane but not the boat?

Because Tony had already arranged collaboration with the feds to sting operation on Toombs' crew, but got in the way of it AND endangered the lives of civilians on said boat.

With the plane no such measures were taken by Stark or his personnel (because they cut Peter off) AND there was no one on the plane, so no one was in danger. Plus, Peter stopped the theft of Stark's personal property.

>Flash didn't annoy me. He was the perfect modern bully
already refuted, phisical bullying is still eveywhere.

shitty cgi,shitty dialogue,shitty suporting cast,shitty villain

shitty movie

>Why is that?

Contrarians and being ass blasted about being wrong

See almost everyone on Sup Forums thought that Homecoming would be the first Marvel movie to really fail reception wise and when that didn't happen most of Sup Forums got butthurt over it

>muh contrarians
>muh reception
I bet you think WW was good

It was also about how Peter approached the situation. When Peter fucked up the first time Tony assumed (rightly so, in part) that the suit and his/the Avengers' attention were making him cocky, but the second time around Peter tried and managed to stop Vulture without any of the fancy gadgets and without lying to Tony's face about it, showing it was a matter of goodwill

MCUcks only pay attention to "reception" when is a MCU movie, they always Ignore how WW and TDKr stomped almost all their movies criticwise yet they call those movies bad

Reminder that most of this was Happy's fault and he should have done his damn job

No, that's what DCEU fanboys do when they want to claim the critics are unfairly set if not paid to hate DC movies while also bragging about the reception of the TDK trilogy and WW

t. Ass blasted

This.

Huh. Learn something new every day.

not him but fuck Spider-Man and I hope they keep him a kid forever in the movies so Peterfags will never be satisfied

>I liked the Amazing movies too much

Everyone laugh at this guy. If you were a Raimifag at least you'd have a leg to stand on but come on

Everything is a slang for penis: cock,genitals,penis,little soldier,little guy,murshroom.duck,lolipop etc

>Best adaption of Spider-Man has Peter as a kid
>This somehow makes Peter's fans unsatisfied

>People used to pants each other all the time after changing for gym class
>One day a kid gets his pants pulled down
>His underwear go for a ride too
>Everyone in class sees his junk
>Its unimpressive
>Gets called skittle nuts for 3 years

They were that colorful?

this.

Those moments like in the party where Pete struggled between being a petty fuck and a hero was great characterization. Possibly the closest we'll ever get to the original ASM comic

well I've seen a lot of bitching about the fact that they rebooted him as a kid again instead of starting with him already established and independent, I guess those were false flaggers though

I mean, Spectacular Spider-Man has Peter in high school. And everyone and their mother loves Spectacular Spider-Man.

They said it looked like a Cheeto and two skittles

He could have turned that around on people with a joke like "Then taste my fucking rainbow bitch" but he spent most of those 3 years almost getting into fights regularly.

>>Sup Forums

is a good movie, but the last trailer spoil half of the movie for me

Sounds like a rough time.

Yeah, the trailers for the movie weren't great.

It was great,but I understand the bitching because of the lack of spidey canon and also the wizards hating over millennials bullshit.

lack of spidey canon?

I guess he's referring to how comics Spidey is about 30 years old now and with a pretty heavy experience baggage, and how MCU Spidey reverted the character to his 15 yo starting point.
For comic fans, they do not match anymore but that can easily be overcome imo.

Honestly, the only part of it that bothered me was Peter hearing Tony when he was pinned up the parking garage rubble. That feels like it would have been a good time for him to get encouragement from Uncle Ben. I can understand why they didn't do that though, since they would have had to have introduced Uncle Ben in a flashback or something and that would have probably messed with the pacing.

Were the Amazing movies that bad?

Well, them killing Gwen for no reason was kind of stupid.

I liked Vulture and the lack of background/flashbacks, but I can barely remember half of the film.

Yes.

Have he and Warlock actually ever met?

You kind of need to elaborate on how those things are shitty.

Ffs, you sound like Sup Forums.

>Uncle Ben is always the main reason he becomes Spider-man
>doesn't get a single fucking mention in the movie
>at no point is the classic line "with great power comes great responsibility" comes up
>even the inspirational part when Peter is under the rubble is stolen by Stark
pissed me off pretty good.

Because it was basically Kid Iron Man. Peter Parker was the most Spider-Man thing about this Spider-Man movie. It was fucking dumb.

I got really confused when you brought up the Garfield movies

Vulture comes to the conclusion that Peter is Spider-Man wayyyy too fucking fast.

>Wow, you know Spider-Man?
>Wowwww, you weren't in the tower when Spider-Man showed up? Good thing your old pal was there.

Because "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility" wasn't Uncle Ben's thing until they retconned it.

>Were the Amazing movies that bad?

Nope. They had issues but they were better than the awful Raimi movies, had the best Spidey suit to have graced the screen and had more interesting direction than the Marvel house style.

Could have done without them killing Gwen just because Gwen Stacy Is Fated To Die though.

I mean, to be fair, Liz also mentions the Stark internship and him running off frequently and Peter was acting weird throughout the whole time he's with him.

He hung out with Iron Man, Black Widow, War Machine, Black panther ect right out the gate

He's only hung out with Tony and Happy. He's never personally met any of the others, even Widow didn't know about him until the fight.

Wtf? People liked spectacular spider-man because of the character development and plot, if it was because he was in high school then people would have liked ultimate

Oh I thought the right out the gate part meant like just immediate team ups in general, not like actual getting to know each other

I don't consider team-up fights with no planning to be "hanging out" since Pete only showed up after Tony met with his "team."

As you wish?Pic related homecoming compared to a playstation game.

Wow the screenshot of that pic from the movie has shitty resolution since it never looked that bright during that scene.

Not the original user but

The main issue I had with this movie's Spider-man is he's practically the same in and out of the suit. He comes off as a goofy awkward kid even when he's swinging around fighting crime.
It doesn't capture they typical difference between Peter Parker, the dorky awkward nerd, and Spider-man, the confident quipping hero, that happens when he puts on the mask.

>doesn't get a single fucking mention in the movie
When Peter is explaining to Fat Friend why Aunt May doesn't know about Spider-Man, he says "with everything she's been through lately." That's your Uncle Ben reference.

Do you need to hear "with great power" so soon? It's really obvious that's what is going through Pete's mind when he said "Spider-Man is not a party trick" to himself at the party.

not the original user but wow another shitty picture

>first movie didn't go through all his character development
wow what a shocker

Who was the random broken arm prisoner post credits?

Mac Gargan, Scorpion, who was Teri g to buy weapons from Toomes on the ferry

flash sucks bad hes should not be in the film , spiderman jobs to every adult character too easily.

>some dumb kid in spandex shooting silly string at common crooks in queens
>we're supposed to be hyped about him being in infinity war
Fucking shit. This movie was boring as hell, I almost fell asleep. hot damn.

Because he saw that Peter actually just wanted to do the right thing, even if he didn't have his support.

I found the first 20-40 minutes of the movie remarkably well-paced. better than I'd come to expect from MCU. around the middle it felt like most scenes were being dragged out longer than they needed to be and that the movie hadn't earned its runtime. nearly everything with the vulture was perfect though.

all peter proved is he got his ass kicked by an old man in a falcon suit and was able to stay conscious longer

Also, Peter cried. Like a wuss.

The problem is the kind of people bitching about his age in HC used to say it was a bad approach by principle, because they argued Peter should be grown up enough to personally tell Tony to go fuck himself and shit - because that was another argument, Spiderman MUST hate every other hero otherwise it means you don't respect the character. So anons are right when they say Sup Forums's hateboner for HC as an adaptation only makes sense when you ignore how the character has been depicted for ages like in works like Spectacular and Ultimate (the comic). All of a sudden it was "perfectly copy the 60s' comic or bust"

Pacing was absolutely fucked. It was alright but the Sam Ramey movies are still the definitive Spider-Man movies, this coming from a diehard Spider-Man fan.

Did anyone else get major Raimi vibes during that scene? Like the original when he and Osborne realize each other's identities at the dinner table. Was that intentional or was I just looking for more throwbacks than there actually were?

>not wanting to see a misanthropic, angry at the world Spider-Man for the first time in movie history.

I didn't really like how much of a departure it was from 616 Spidey (though some of the changes were alright such as Vulture), though all in all it was a pretty decent movie. I am also pretty apprehensive about the series' future because of the outright refusal from Feige to use anything that has been shown anywhere near a previous Spider-Man film before, not to mention the fact that Sony is hogging a ton of classic villains for their Spider-Manless Spider-Man Cinematic Universe. Even if (or when, rather) they flop and Sony decides to share those villains as well, Feige won't use them out of spite. Dude is way too bullheaded sometimes. Also fuck that MJ shit 50 ways from Sunday, I'm still bootyblasted over that. I'll never understand why people adapting shit hate redheads so bad and I'll never understand why Marlel hates MJ so damn bad.

So the only good part was when they copied Raimi? I can believe that.

>fuck up
>ignore advice
>do what you want
>fuck up more
>technically save the day even though it was all your fault
Tony couldn't have been prouder.

any links to a 1080p or even a clean 720 stream?

Probably intentional. You have to consider this movie was (partially) the Spider-Man 4 we never got, the idea of Peter mistakenly falling in love with Vulture's daughter was Raimi's

I hate lasagna