Chemotherapy has only a 2.1% success rate

Chemotherapy has only a 2.1% success rate

chrisbeatcancer.com/how-effective-is-chemotherapy/

scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/09/16/two-percent-gambit-chemotherapy/

It is clear we are still living in the stone age.

>intense radiation with radiotherapy
>cell damaging chemicals with chemotherapy
>disfiguring surgeries such as a mastectomy

Will doctors ever admit, that we have no idea what we are doing with cancer? And that the current practices are insane? No doubt, 100 years from now, people will look back and laugh at how barbaric we were.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oncolytic_virus
youtube.com/watch?v=sKhzbcpI_ro
medscape.com/viewarticle/714174
newscientist.com/article/dn10971-cheap-safe-drug-kills-most-cancers
youtube.com/watch?v=0VX_oZBMSd4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would they ever do that?
They want cancer to kill off people.
Cancer, abortion those two combined decrease white population more than 50% in western countries

>Will doctors ever admit, that we have no idea what we are doing with cancer?
Do you not realize that since there is no "cure" for cancer means that no one knows what they are doing?
Also stop implying chemo is the only way to treat cancer, there are so many types just talking about one type of treatment is retarded.
Look up proton therapy and tell me that shit aint dank and futuristic

>this is for killing cancer cells

Sometimes chemotherapy is the only option. What can you do when it's spread everywhere.

Just fucking die. It's not worth spending the last year of your life throwing up and falling over from radiation. I've seen too many people go out that way. It's not worth it.

Chemo is literally the nuclear option in treating cancer. Everybody knows it's incredibly destructive, rarely works and has huge side effects. But it works SOMETIMES, which is why people do it.

Chemo isn't meant to cure you. Stage 4 cancer is uncurable. It's meant to make you live longer. All FDA approved chemotherapy agents improve median survival after diagnosis by at least a few months, some by years.

This, people would rather take that 2 out of 100 chance than just knowing you're gonna die, hell I'd do the same

Surgery + radiotherapy is relatively non-invasive and quite effective for low and mid grade cancer. Chemo is more a question of what you are willing to give up for a little more time before advanced cancer kills you

I guess you have a better idea then?

No, I do not have the answer. The only thing I can really suggest is more emphasize on prevention. Thats all you can really do I guess.

My uncle has brain cancer and has started taking Marijuana oil coupled with chemotherapy after his surgery and has seen no growth in months.

The Marijuana having any effect on his cancers growth is pure speculation but he has been feeling much better than he was just doing the chemotherapy.

This. My grandpa was told: chemo will extend your life by two years, without it youll live five months tops.

He choose five months. Basically tidied up his life and took care of all his earthly business and checked out.

Died in his own home mid prayer circle surrounded by his children. Not even religious, but that dieing comfy like a pro.

He had seen his wife do chemo for three years. Basically reduced her to a vomiting bed ridden skeleton for two years. Drained her saving and onlu really gave her like a year of semi functional life.

I think once you've lived 80 plus years you couldn't give two shits about a year or two of being irradiated weekly.

There are biologically engineered viruses being developed that only destroy cancer cells. Some are in clinical trials right now. We will see a cure for cancer within 20 years.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oncolytic_virus

Marijuana most likely given for pain management senpai. Marijuana has no effect on Cancer cells. It's just a less damaging pain killer than what most patients are given: fentanyl.

Chemotherapy is less invasive nowadays than it used to be. I specialize in multiple myeloma and medical advances in the last few years are astounding. It's now the norm to have a patient live 7 years after stem cell transplant and Chemotherapy.

Only issue is neuropathy, which some patients develop with Velcade. Which is why it's my last chemo drug I use. Revlamid has almost negligible impact on patient quality of life.

Your 2.1% success rate is full of shit. Most patients go into full remission with modern Chemotherapy

You're talking to people who get their medical science facts from sources like prison planet.

youtube.com/watch?v=sKhzbcpI_ro

Oh we got a couple experts here. Cite some sources friendo. Im trying to find some stuff myself but nothings coming up to back your claim.

What do you need proof for my friend?

Using chemo to kill cancer is like using a shotgun to remove a wart.

Medical advances in chemo will eventually make it like using a rifle to remove a wart.

We need to stop improving faulty methods and start developing good ones.

>comparing cancer to a wart

This has to be a slide thread because no one can be this stupid.

Chemo is one type of treatment and if used early enough it can easily stop tumor growth and kill cancer cells.

There is no one cure for cancer and the late stage complications of cancer. If you are over 80 have stage 4 cancer and general organ failure no amount of treatment will fix that because its like trying to repair a car when the entire frame is corroded out. The cancer isn't even what kills you at that point. The harder question is knowing what kind of quality of life the patient wishes to have.

Thing is cancer can easily be treated and cured when it is caught early enough. But there has be reliable and more importantly a habit of screening ways of testing for cancer. More often then not people only go to the doctor when they have visible symptoms of cancer. By that point it's too late to start aggressive quick chemo/radiation.

medscape.com/viewarticle/714174

94% of patients go into full remission.

Depends on the cancer and the drug. All Chemotherapy treatments will have some effects on the whole body. It's up to the PCP to decide if those effects are worth the treatment. Quality of life is incredibly important to me. I willet a patient know what they're in for before starting chemo.

Advances in Chemotherapy has made the side effects more manageable. You want to see a complete nuke option check out the article I listed. We quite literally kill you and your immune system and bring you back. Works 94% of the time.

Targeted radiotherapy has come quite a ways too

pretty accurate

My mother had colon cancer. She only had a 17% survival rate but she underwent chemo anyway because she had three young children.

She didn't lose any hair but suffered from severe neuropathy. I'm told she feels pins and needles over her entire body, every waking moment and her feet can't decide on a consistant temperature.

But she survived, and she's now 8 years cancer free. I respect that some people don't want to spend their last months or years with poison coursing through their veins but they shouldn't just fucking die because the odds are slim

There is something fishy about this post. Do you work for a pharmaceutical company is something?

>this is for catching diseases

Surprise, surprise...it's a fucking leaf.

Neuropathy, to me, is worse than the cancer itself. I've found with my patients a combined use of Nivea for men (not joking) and Lyrica really help. But it's always going to be there.

>knowing treatment options for your patients is bad

No, chemotherapy is like flooding a city with a 30% nigger population.

You know if you do nothing the 30% will grow exponentially and destroy your city from within.

So you destroy a nearby dam and flood your city with a rampaging wall of water.

Sure, your white population will drown too. But niggers will die off at a faster rate because they cannot swim.

After the smoke clears, you hope you have a city free from niggers, a few white people left, and you can begin picking up the pieces.

two words nigger: phoenix tears

Stop using shitty analogies based upon a remedial understanding of medicine. It's shitbags like you that convince people that getting treatment via witch doctor is more effective than modern treatment options

The whole point of thread is to argue that "modern treatment options" arent necessarily the answer.

We seem to have this thought, that because its 'current year', and we live in modern times that we must know everything; I am sure past generations thought the same way.

As recent as the 1950s, a doctor named Hatfield was known for his 'radical mastectomies'. At the time they had no understanding of cancer being able to metastasize the way it did, so they figured 'lets just keep cutting out as much we can until we got it all' simple and stupid way of thinking.

It took women protesting and putting up a fuss about that sort of treatment, in which they didnt want to be left horribly disfigured anymore. Literally no one does radical mastectomies anymore, because everyone agrees it is barbaric. Only 50 years! But now we have 'modern treatment options' right? Now we got it guys! The fact is the treatment options we have now are still stupid, but yes its all we got, I know. Just dont bash others for wanting to search for alternative methods to aid in their own health, cuz ultimately its their decision and no one elses.

The two percent gambit is a myth. Chemotherapy gets a bad rap, and it often produces nasty side effects, but it's really irresponsible to publicise shit like this.

Chemotherapy is an important part of why cancer survival rates are going up.

>t. Oncology doctoral student

US Doctor here. The first statement was actually very accurate and how we explain it to patients.

>Doctor
>Not using oncologist

Go role play somewhere else.

It depends on the patient. Age, condition, etc. I'm not going to schedule a stem cell transplant for am 80 year old with stage 4 multiple myeloma. The procedure would kill them.

However if you're 50 years old we will treat it aggressively after explaining the hell you're about to go through. You're given a choice of a few months to up to 10 years. Most people opt for an extra 10 years.

>(((They))) don't already have a cure for cancer that they just aren't giving us so we have to pay for expensive, lengthy, and ineffective treatment.

Even that "success" has been summed up to placebo effect.

Knee surgeries at the same.

Medicine has a long way to go.

Sell em a treatment. Never a cure.

Honestly the body malfunctioning creates cancer - you have to fix that.

Lookup Wim Hof breathing method. It may be as simple as making your blood more alkaline by taking deep big breaths.

Immunotherapy is the only real cure for cancer.

That's fucking retarted its's not just a malfunction and no dumbass breathing technique would fix it. Cancerous cells pop up when genes called proto-oncogenes and tumor supressor genes fail or mutate in the cell.

I'm happy for you bro.

If you are real then all that info is pretty cool.

OTTO FUCKING WARBURG

This. I find his theory absolutely fascinating. And it's funny that in his time they basically ridiculed him but his ideas are now getting recognition some 90 years later!

It must suck being in the field of medicine sometimes considering how much dogma there is..

this

Russia posters are always on point

newscientist.com/article/dn10971-cheap-safe-drug-kills-most-cancers

diet, lack of sunlight and exercise, and general unhealthy living are probably the cause of cancer.

every field is filled with dogma and superstition.

EVERY FIELD, doesn't matter what it is. IT, anthropology, exercise 'science'.

Truly brilliant men with real solutions to problems are ALWAYS pushed aside, stolen from, and buried under mountains of slander. You can find examples in every field.

Look up Arthur Jones

>ridiculed first then recognized later

Isn't that usually the case. I believe it was Linus Pauling who said

"If you are 10 years ahead of your time, you get a pulitzer prize. If you are 20 years ahead of your time, you get called a quack."

cancer doesnt do much to kill off white people in a demographic sense - most of the time people have already reproduced by the time they are diagnosed

ITT retards with no medical knowledge spewing shit because they read some blog by litteral who.

>'my peer reviewed studies'

Only white people get cancer for a reason

if they can't hack it out of you, or chop it off, then they can't do shit about it

we could've been spending that cancer research money on booze and whores and exotic vacations for terminal cancer patients instead

I don't know what id do if I had cancer to be honest. My aunt had leukaemia and chemotherapy just dragged on the inevitable and my GFs uncle had non-hodgkins lymphoma and he is cancer free as of a few weeks ago.

I also only recently learned that chemotherapy isn't just chemotherapy, there's lots of different ones depending on the cancer and whatnot which have different risks associated with them.

Just like almost all medicine, chemotherapy just gives you a chance. At the end of the day you're trying to beat something that eats away at everything with something that eats everything.

Look up testicular cancer laddie.
Especially in western europe

>you have to be a professional in a specific field to know anything about that topic

I guess I dont know how to cook a meal since im not a chef, or perhaps I cant figure out any sort of minor repair on my car since im not a mechanic.

Are all frogs this dumb? You dont need to be a medical professional to understand the body and do your own research on health related topics. Yes there is a shit ton of misinformation out there, but hopefully most people are smart enough to sift through it properly.

Denmark wat r u doing

look deeper
look at how it spreads, at increases
look at gynecomastia too
Globalists/jews are working really hard

>Be riddled with tumours that metastasised from leiomyosarcoma originating from femoral artery
>Shoulder, spine, one sticking through my collarbone, scattered across my lungs
>Currently on Trabectedin ( Yondelis)
>Cycle 11 as of Monday, cancer on lungs shrank by 1/3 from cycles 1-2, stable since
>Feel like absolute dogshit for 99% of the past year
>Family obviously don't want me to die, but I feel I'm losing and the tide will turn at any moment
>Did I mention the pain? Constant, unrelenting bone and nerve pain that never stops. ever.
>If I lived alone I'd have helium bagged myself by now.

Sorry for blog.

How did you first notice the cancer?

DAILY REMINDER THAT MEAT CAUSES CANCER

youtube.com/watch?v=0VX_oZBMSd4

Originally, my leg swelled up to double it's size. My GP said I had pulled a muscle.

Many trips later, they started treating me for DVT ( an ultrasound scan revealed 'globular masses'). The blood thinners reduced the swelling so much so the tumour became immediately obvious.

Oh no..how old were you when this happened? Are you gonna make it?

30 when I was diagnosed. Should make it to 34 and I really don't know after that.

I ain't gonna make it mate.

What are you getting at estrogens?

I was cured of cancer by chemotherapy so I think what they're doing is better than nothing.

I've always known this

what the medical community considers a "success" is 1 year of living followed by an accelerated and violent death.

If I ever got cancer I wouldn't engage in any procedure which damaged my DNA/immunesystem more with radiation and chemo.

I'd just move to Hawaii and focus on nutrition and live an active life.

Other than gene therapy and maybe some kind of telomerase cocktail, there's not much you can do about cancer because the problem lies IN YOUR GENES.

>What are you getting at estrogens?

No you twat it's the high animal protein consumption among Americans that causes it and helps it grow. youtube.com/watch?v=0VX_oZBMSd4

Oh shit, I have a similar problem with my leg.

you probably lucked out because you're younger than most

Trump needs to win. BREXIT needs to happen now. You can catch the rest of the show from the clouds, hopefully a seat open close to Uncle Adolf.

For fuck sakes. Go promote your retarded vegan ideologies somewhere else.

This whole issue is much more complicated than HUUR MEAT IS BAD

The process that occur within the human body cannot be simplified to just one factor.

Yea, most likely estrogens.

My friend's 50-something year old parents have both been cured by chemo.

Because user, you can't kill something that is essentially born of your own body without killing your self.

Bacteria, fungus and parasites have different chemical weaknesses, we can take them out with chemicals that hardly affect our own bodies to solve the problem.

But cancer is our own cells that have gone rogue. When our body can not recognize it as a threat the only thing you have left is to start nuking it with radiation and chemicals and see if you can destroy the cancer before it destroys you.

Only other real option is to create a treatment or drug that mimics a stop Codon's functionality.

I passed the idea to other people and they said it was a viable idea, just not able to be implemented due to the current technological level we have.

Me too, lymphoma. 100% back to normal now.

>works on my pc!

Cancer treatments make hospitals and the pharmaceutical industries billions of dollars, why would they have any incentive to ever cure or find better treatments for cancer?

Well I'm glad my mom was part of the 2%

>tfw my mother was recently diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer

At least she won't have to live in a world where her grandchildren are persecuted for being white.

Well they could just make the cure extremely expensive so that the only cheaper alternative is just treating the disease or going in for surgical procedures.

Cancer, Alzheimers, Auto Immunediseases are for the most part preventable.

The Knowledge to prevent them is out there, free for almost everyone.

>Will doctors ever admit, that we have no idea what we are doing with cancer?

Will patients ever admit tits fucking over once they get diagnosed? Every single one of them goes for the 2% chance.

Glad your mom is dying, racist.

They've pretty much proven cancer cells feed exclusively on carbohydrates. A ketogenic diet can help starve cancer cells.

give it time

>Chemotherapy has only a 2.1% success rate
No fucking shit you fucking leaf, because chemo doesn't cure cancer. It's not made to cure cancer. It was created as a mean to send cancer cells into remission, so that they would stop destroying you from the inside and let your organism rebuild, even if only a bit.
Fucking Canada with dumb shit again. I'm not even going to read your clickbait, so have your fucking (you)

There's now an experimental treatment for pancreatic cancer by the way.

>A higher voltage of electroporation was found in pigs to irreversibly destroy target cells within a narrow range while leaving neighboring cells unaffected, and thus represents a promising new treatment for cancer, heart disease and other disease states that require removal of tissue.[6] Irreversible electroporation (IRE) has since proven effective in treating human cancer, with surgeons at Johns Hopkins and other institutions now using the technology to treat pancreatic cancer previously thought to be unresectable.[7]

hemp oil helps, but that would cut in to the profits of big pharma

>He's unironically posting the that hack "scientists" theory that animal proteins cause cancer

I hate vegans so much.

Friend has stage 4 cancer starts chemo this weekend. Feels bad man

Edgy.

Racist.

Dude, weed cures cancer. They don't want you to know though

I'm trying to help you faggot leaf.

This is a meme.

>He's unironically posting the that hack "scientists" theory that animal proteins cause cancer

U wot m8? He's just an M.D who analyzes studies done by other researchers, he doesn't do the research himself. Are you a jew in the pharma industry scared that his chemo shekels are going to be taken away when Americans stop getting cancer at high rates?

Those Arguments are stupid. The healing compound isnt THC most likely anyway but rather CBD or any other of the 100+ Cannabinoids. And you can get CBD extracts almost everywhere legal.

The Problem is the attitude of the most People. The Moment they get severe ill they anticipate that there is a pill to heal them that they can continue the same mistakes which led to the illness in first place.

Swallow the bitter pilll and understand that not because it tastes good or you feel good it is infact good for your Body/mind/Soul. You have to be Sound and rigoros then you wont Need a doctor, pharma or pills anyway.

Am I the only one that thinks if they're diagnosed with a terminal disease it wouldn't be so bad? I mean sure you're gonna die but imagine how liberating those news are. I'd personally go to a third world shit hole and raw dog as many women/lolis as I could. I'd got bungee jumping, sky diving, all kinds of dangerous shit you couldn't do before because of the risk of dying.

>I'm trying to help you faggot leaf.
Well you're not. In fact you could probably be making things worse for someone. Someone might be dumb enough to buy into your stupid belief and end up with severe consequences.

And if you truly are pushing veganism, then perhaps think about this. Maybe, just maybe someone who has cancer, that would be the time thats most important in their life to be getting every single fucking micro nutrient, so their body can function not only properly but optimally as well, so they can properly fight off their infection. Not some stupid fad diet that makes you deficient in one or more micro nutrients like B12 or Vit A retinol or whatever. Go fuck yourself.

They havent proven anything. Keto is still very new, and long term effects are not known yet. It does appear to have positive results short term, but so far it looks as tho it causes massive amounts of stress on the body(no readily available glucose means your body needs to release stress hormones to convert proteins and fat), and if that is consistent, then long term, then it could have severe consequences on your health down the road.

Oh and relating to cancer. You cannot simply deprive cancer cells of glucose. The cancer will get its glucose whether you like it or not. It will get it from either from your diet or by eating your muscles at an amazing speed. And if it breaks down muscle tissue it will not only kill the person, but kill the person much faster through cachexia.

Cancer surviving fag here. Had chemo treatment (abvd) against morbus hodgin stage 2 cancer 10 years ago (abvd).

It was rly fucked up. Vomiting, weight loss, its all true.
But it helped.
Now, 10 years later im healthy, study stem meme and do lots of lifting and stuff.

So yea, chemo is horrible but it helps.

Also, there wont be a cure for cancer. Cancer isn't one disease, cancer is 1000 different diseases. Most caused by spontaneous cell mutations. So u need 1000 different cures, for 1000 different cancers.

Get your facts straight and stop that fear mongering meme shit.

That really sucks, and it's a really rare neoplasm too.

Get an ultrasound for DVT, it's fairly common in younger people if you have genetic predisposition. PEs really suck, try to prevent if you're at risk.

look up dr morse's opinion on cancer lad.. wishing your mom the the best :\

It destroys your insides. It's not an answer. It kills cancer by killing everything it contacts. It causes cancer sometimes if you don't die. Look what it does when it touches fucking skin. And they shoot that shit into children.