Why is this fucking show so popular and why is every thread about it on Sup Forums nothing but shitposting?

Why is this fucking show so popular and why is every thread about it on Sup Forums nothing but shitposting?

Other urls found in this thread:

derpibooru.org/1393938
youtube.com/watch?v=rr_OofNE9XY
youtube.com/watch?v=w4SKo5jU64I
instagram.com/p/BZ90tQnFHsi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>why is every thread about it on Sup Forums nothing but shitposting?

Because it's popular

why do you care? why are you on Sup Forums? why am I on Sup Forums? oh god help me

Why do modern cartoons have such awful, ugly character designs?

Filter that shit and live like god. I even use a channel blocker to remove Rick and Morty content from youtube

You're here forever

>popular
Because Season 1&2 had the right amount of weird comedy, weird science, take on philosophic questions, toilet humor, enough lore and character building to interest people and build fan theories.
>shitposting
the hiatus was too long, too much hype/expectations build up, season 3 was too constructed to make memes and commercial exploitable.

Faggot

Then fuck off back to tumblr.

Kill yourself Barneyfag
derpibooru.org/1393938

>why is every thread about it on Sup Forums nothing but shitposting?
Because it gets a response?

burn in pain fag

Oh come on that’s not even fair- if they upload random shit to their website WE get punished?

kys

Hey can you post a screenshot?

No, mostly barneyboy just has his posts deleted and everyone else keeps talking.

Good job answering your own question.

die

Ah, it’s been a while since I’ve seen the legit original guy. There were a few fakers lately.

if people figured out for sure what makes a show popular, there would be nothing but popular shows. nobody knows what makes some things become more popular than others. fuck off.

kys fag

if this thread was made specifically you trigger you, you really need better friends.

Ok seriously call me a newfag or whatever I don't give a shit who the fuck is barneyfag and why do you people keep whining about it?

Because it's literally "/r/eddit: The show" and FUCK YOU FOR LIKING THINGS FAGGOT!

burn fag

there are no ponies in the original image, fuck off

Okay here's the thing:
1- Some user, who legitimately has a bit of a condition, spends hours at a time pretending to be two different people. Sometimes people do really post shit to rile him up but if you'll notice- he ALWAYS starts off his shit with a post to a website called "Derpibooru" and to that exact picture which is posted, regardless of how altered, cropped or edited the picture is- he ALWAYS has an absolute and direct link to it.
A long time ago in Sup Forums there used to be an actual lunatic called ABATAP who...I think he killed himself. Was obsessed with the blue Avatar movie and lived off in Russia.

2- At this point most people don't even notice him. I stopped caring a while ago. It's the first time in some weeks that I've noticed him exist.

3- He MAY be someone that used to post in /vp/ about some Goodra pokemon- you can even tell it's the same fucking guy because he tried stirring shit over in Reddit of all places with the same fucking posts- but as to whether that poster is identical to this one- don't know, but the persistence and almost robot-like linear thinking at least give me credence to the theory.

4- If you're wondering why he's here it's because Sup Forums doesn't have mods.

>Lemon Zest
She was part of Crystal Prep Academy in the third Equestria Girls movie.

I TURNED MYSELF INTO AN AUTIST, MORTY

I'M BARNEY RIIIIIIIIIICK

kek

nice

Because it's storytelling is compelling and entertaining and it has more jokes land than not. This despite the fact that it's characters and the philosophy they didactically espouse as mouthpieces for it's ideologically encumbered creators are completley obnoxious. This is compounded by the inherent shittyness of modern fandoms comprised of hollow individuals who can only justify their existence by identifying with products they consume.

die

You have to have a very high iq to understand the subtle humor.

Kill yourself Barneyfag
derpibooru.org/1393938

For a person who professes to hate the pony show, you sure spend a lot of time on pony themed sites.

Gotta show when they're shilling

How the fuck would you know that?

I wish they'd die

kill them all

The tags on the page.

we are at a critical juncture in the zeitgeist

fucking die

Because IT'S FUN.

die

die

He also watches every episode of the show. Ask him why.

die fucker

get hanged

burn fag

fucking die

kys

die

fucking die

>why is it so popular

Its funny and edgy

>why is every thread about it on Sup Forums nothing but shitposting

Cause its popular. In season 1 when it was relatively more niche, Sup Forums didn't shitpost about it.

die

are the mods dead

Yes, mods are dead.

I hate you and everything you stand for

THE MODS ARE DEAD
AND WE KILLED THEM
THUS SPOKE MOOT-ATUSTRA

(OP)
Kill yourself Barneyfag
derpibooru.org/1393938

Because it's popular

fucking die

Because there is shit like this
youtube.com/watch?v=rr_OofNE9XY
youtube.com/watch?v=w4SKo5jU64I

Did the Simpsons in their golden era have the same rabid following as this?

>Szechuan Sauce
I bet it's just a slightly spicy sweet and sour sauce. People are freaking out over a starchy goo to dip chicken in because of a cartoon. I don't even hate Rick and Morty, but the fandom, like most fandoms, should just fuck right off.

I dont know man.
I fond it entertaining but its not the best thing out there as many people think

kys

The fanbase is literally killing the show.

No. Social media memefaggotry didn't really exist at this level until several years after The Simpsons stopped being good.

I like how Harmon even went out of his way to deride the fanbase at every level and they still wont let up.

It's fucking hilarious and wondrous to watch, it brings real life closer to an actual episode of the show with every step.

Everyone who lined up for the sauce is a Jerry, anyone who gets angry enough about a fanbase for a cartoon is a Jerry. This show is exposing Jerrys left right and center.

The Jerrys of the world literally cannot help themselves.

The same shit happened with Invader Zim. The fanbase were literally people he was making fun of.

fucking die in pain

Sneed is not golden age Simpsons. It's after season 9, and everything after season 9 is bad.

>Harmon even went out of his way to deride the fanbase at every level
Where? That sounds funny to watch.

instagram.com/p/BZ90tQnFHsi/

wow
i want to fucking kill myself

>His buddy who recorded the whole thing going around asking people "Whoa...did you guys just see that? Whoooa...That was craaaazyyy..." like he wasn't a part of it.

This. Like any hype machine that gets out of control, it starts with some legitimate quality.

It reminds me of Family Guy but just sci fi.

burn to death and die

>Why is this fucking show so popular
It's intelligent, nihilistic, and a wicked sense of humor

>early childhood shows rather than just childrens shows

desu if you've never watched sesame street as an adult I'd recommend it

Because the fans and haters are such loud fags that it brings in more people curious about the ruckus.

>Neo-Barneyfag was the Goodraposter
Fucking WHAT
What else don't I know?

>Why is this fucking show so popular

I don't know, but whatever it is it's the exact same reasons as Fight Club and Jhonen Vasquez's work. There's a special kind of magic that occurs when people don't understand that the characters in an edgy work of fiction aren't the good guys just because they're the protagonists.

>Season 1 of R&M Had 8/11 Episodes I liked and would rewatch
>Season 2 of R&M Had 6/10 Episodes I liked and would rewatch
>Season 3 of R&M Had 3/10 Episodes I liked and would rewatch

Based on my own biased metric, I don't think the show is for people like me anymore.

Would it be fair to say that this show reverse jumped the shark?

Without judging the episodes individually, I thought season three was fantastic in that it collectively told the story of the family realizing that Rick is a toxic, destructive piece of shit and deciding to emotionally move forward without him.

Assuming future seasons don't completely shit the bed (and that it doesn't get more than two more), I think it'll be what saves the show as a story.

Yeah, but I'm Pickle Rick.

Sure, lame joke may undercut the value of the series as a whole. I'm not saying it lived up to Morel Orel's third season. I'm just saying that I really appreciate and respect what they were trying to do.

I'M PICKLE RICK!!!

Take a deep breath and realize that a bad joke is not worth being this upset.

I'm bored of Rick and Morty, I'm bored of the fans, The Haters, And the show itself, S3 was terrible itself but all the shitposting no just here but in every corner just want me to never watch anything about the show.

>If you're wondering why he's here it's because Sup Forums doesn't have mods.
Our mods are shit without doubt but they have done all they can, he has been permant banner like 10 times and he keep coming back

But I'm Dabbing Rick!

Season finale was a bit underwhelming though. I just finished watching it and it was like....shoe-horned Keith David plot with le epic fight based around Rick and Morty being bored with working for him when the last episode with Keith David president happened a season ago. Family gets back together for basically nothing, and the show suddenly breaks fourth wall to hastily explain to the viewer that they're going back to the status quo.

It was shit. Just shit. Could have done something with, I don't know, Birdperson? President Morty? Acknowledge that season 3 is just Rick being tricked by the Galactic Federation and he's still in the interrogation? I mean...the season was just all over the place narratively.

Season 1 finale wasn't really a great closer either, but that was acceptable because season 1 served to introduce the universe, but season 2 finale signaled a raising of the stakes which never came to fruition because the writers decided to scrap all that in S03E01 and pull their pricks the rest of the season.

Because autism