Rushed, no solo movies for each main hero before Justice League

>Rushed, no solo movies for each main hero before Justice League
>Beginning of the movie universe (MoS) was completely terrible, as well as each movie that followed
>Awful Casting for most of the team (Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman)
>Grimdark, unnecessary modernizations
>Awful person to helm the universe (Snyder)
>Cyborg instead of Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter

Honestly, the only reason the MCU was any good was the patience, casting, and Jon Favreau.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9jqZQWuuaF8
youtu.be/advsN-DfY2k
youtu.be/FdWJ-Njeaig
youtu.be/udKE1ksKWDE
youtu.be/DRCdvnz-wss
youtu.be/PIYL0DxJNWo
youtu.be/OZSOMjj6Ujc
youtu.be/q6CMyykvw8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This. INB4 these guys are iconic. If they want us to care then we need some solos. Literally no one clapped when iconic character Flash appeared in SS.

That could've been forgiven if the other points weren't such big problems.

Aw, I actually like Affleck as Batman and Gadot as Diana. Oddchoices ubt they seem to work to me. And I don't really mind the grimdark, birght shiny stuff is Marvel, I like that they're trying to be different and be their own thing. It's just a fine line to walk, the line between being just edgy enough and falling down into Spawn territory and they're doing great.

>and Gadot as Diana.
No you don't.

>>Awful Casting for most of the team (Batman
Your utterly delusional.
>>Grimdark
Not a single fucking thing about this universe has been anywhere near grimfuckingdark.
The homelander eating babies In The Boys is fucking grimdark. This has all been simply serious or dour at most.

>durr if they don't have solo movies first how will we know who they are?!
Cinematic universes are such fucking cancer. Nobody cares about these movies on an individual basis anymore. They're all just pieces of some huge theoretical metanarrative that doesn't even exist.

All that matters now is just the hype cycle. As soon as the movie comes out you toss it aside so you can start fapping to trailers for the next one.

>Honestly, the only reason the MCU was any good was the patience

Is that why they kept derailing their sequels with Avengers build up?

Ben Affleck is national treasure you punk ass little bitch

You're right OP, of course you need 6 movies of backstory, that’s why we had Gandalf, Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas, and Gimli solo movies before the LOTR trilogy

Really the solo thing is debatable given that a solid script could work around each character and spin off solos could go into greater detail. But yes I agree about the Suicide Squad Flash cameo, I felt nothing. I wanted to give a shit, but I had zero idea who THIS Barry Allen is like and him taking out Captain Boomerang in an instant didn't really need to be there

Is the third act going to be a cgi shitshow?

Did you see the trailer? The whole thing is going to be a shitshow.

>wanting to copy marvel movies
>despite only one of them being good

>inb4 critics like them
they are all fucking awful films. If it wasnt about a guy in a silly costume no one would watch them. fuck off

I guess there's that, thing is unlike the New York battle in Avengers they seem to be going with an abandoned or destroyed city, so it'll look extra shit.

>people bitch about destruction in Man of Steel
>make city empty so they're free to do what they want with it
>people still bitch

He isn't talking about that. He means it means more destruction which means more bad cgi.

What's stupid is we all know why they are skipping the origin stories and jumping right into Justice League, because they want to catch up to Marvel.

Also the only fucking hero with a backstory wasn't brought on because he "wasn't dark enough for this new reimagined DC universe"

Or because they saw that the pre-Avengers MCU movies didn't do that well except for Iron Man and were basically just commercials for Avengers anyway.

Cap and Thor merchandise didn't take off until the Avengers movie came out. Avengers is the movie that promoted all further MCU movies, not the other way around. JL is taking that lesson into consideration by having a movie to get you introduced to all the characters before they do solos on them.

>>Rushed, no solo movies for each main hero before Justice League
I liked how we got black widow and hawkeye before avengers 1 and Vision Solo before avengers 2
>Awful Casting for most of the team (Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman)
Everyone except Wonder Woman and Aquaman are good actors,almost all movies don't get a 100% great cast, deal with it
>Grimdark, unnecessary modernizations
You got to elaborate it buddy
Green lantern being part of JL never made sense and Martian Manhunter is even more obscure than cyborg

>Honestly, the only reason the MCU was any good was the patience, casting, and Jon Favreau.
Your double standards are hilarious, all points you made apply to MCU as well

Also Avengers had A LOT of shameful problems like CGI, cringey dialogue and a choreography weaker than power rangers
youtube.com/watch?v=9jqZQWuuaF8

>Who could this mysterious Batman be...

HAHAHAHA
ABSOLUTE PANIC MODE
>p-please don't watch their movie! we're begging you!!

Did you purposely find a shit quality video that sounds like it's slightly sped up to fake bad cg?

>If they want us to care then we need some solos.

I used to make a joke about having the "Solo: The Solo movie of Han Solo Going Solo" when people said everybody needs their own film for people to care but then the kikes at Disney have actually made one, the absolute madmen

>This whole post

You're in denial. The MCU having shit CGI is not some ebin new meme

>Why doesn't Seven Samurai have 7 films to explain the plot and backstory of each warrior?
You do realize that every other Mech Batman scene was practical, right?

Who the fuck claps in the moddle of a movie.

Marvel fans

Do you want a side by side comparison of Hulk fights with Doomsday?

All these fucking retards

>Hurr they don't need all solo movies, characters from LOTR and Star Wars didn't need buildup before coming on screen!!
Yeah, because these aren't comic book movies or anything, with decades of established mythos being adapted for the screen, makes NO sense to introduce us to this new version of the character before throwing them in with batman and superman

>They didn't rush because they were jealous of that avengers money! based snyder!!1!

honestly if you're all moronic virgins that like to watch men in costume fight on screen with no story, that's fine. some of us are actually fans of the comic books we read as kids and have some standards for the stories that we want adapted.

>Literally no one clapped when iconic character Flash appeared in SS
Imagine being such an autistic brainwashed Marvelcuck that you gauge the quality of and excitement surrounding a movie scene by how many people fucking clapped in a movie theater.
How can you be so deluded?

I can unserstanding oohhing and awwing.
But jesus im pretty sure no one gave a shit when hawkeye showed up in Thor.

And fuck that dolo movie shit. Because wheter MCUfags want to admit it or not the Justive Leahue are iconic they are casual centrel. Before the MCU all Marvel had were the Xmen,Spiderman and the Hulk.
They needed the solos more than DC. A

>Honestly, the only reason the MCU was any good was the patience, casting, and Jon Favreau.
Comic Avengers founders: Noticed how is a completelly different team?

And fuck my phoneposting.

>LOTR
>literally the antithesis to your "HURR DECADES OF MYTHOS" statement
Fucking idiot
OH NO NO NO

Notice how I didn't say original team?

Edgar Wright is the reason we didn't have Wasp and Ant-Man in Avengers 1, and it's a fucking shame. That being said, missing Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter in Justice League is a much bigger blow to the original lineup than Ant-Man and Wasp.

>>LOTR
>>literally the antithesis to your "HURR DECADES OF MYTHOS" statement
>Fucking idiot
I want you to try to reread this without crying and shaking from anger, then think about Lord of the Rings, and realize why you will never touch a woman.

Martian Manhunter is fucking obscure, he makes near no difference as a whole and no more than the abusive nerd couple that shrink.

Green Lantern being a member of the Justice League has always been extremely forced,also avengers added 3 members that were never part of the original team for no reason at all except marketing.

>thinking shrek cgi is better than Doomsday
Go ahead and post the comparisons. It'll just make you look bad.

Every hero doesn't need a solo, its an ensemble film.

Why do people think this?

>comparing CGI
Are you sure buddy?

I only saw Wonder Woman in theaters and am now catching up on the others.

>Man of Steel

Was okay-ish. Not abysmal. Zod should have been introduced 30 minutes later and the time filled with more vignettes to treat the movie like a character study of Superman.

>Batman v Superman

This movie is mystifyingly terrible and deserves to be studied in film schools to show just how thoroughly an incompetent director can destroy any potential a movie might have had. The casting, though unorthodox, is actually quite good, and the actors all make bold and interesting choices with a lot of potential, but Snyder's directing is so mindblowingly awful that it feels like they're all delivering excellent performances for completely different movies. Even when the actors are clearly touching each other in a non-CGI shot it's like they think they're on completely different sets working from completely different scripts. There is zero cohesion.

>Suicide Squad

Still need to see, preferably with a good stock of alcohol to hand from what I've heard.

>dude BvS is bad trust me my favorite reviewer from reddit said so
Nice try.

>MCUck
>Calling anyone a virgin
Must I remind you that Channel Awesome envies and despises Snyder? Is that who you want to associate yourself with?
Anyways, my point still stands. LOTR didn't need Jew-motivated prequel stories for each character, neither does Justice League

Marvel beat DC to the punch before they even knew they WANTED to make a Justice League movie or a shared movie universe.

There was never a way for them to come out on top honestly. I just wish they could at least make something better than Damaged Joker and peepee Luthor.

Time to screencap this faggots.

Justice League (tm)
RT score: 46%
Top Critics: 35%
Box office: 670 million + 50 mil from China
IMDB: 7.7

The DCEU has made more of a profit than the entire MCU
Not to mention an Oscar to top it all off.
DC is on the top, always has been, always will be

Lmao

850% RT
Top critics: 700%
Box office: 2.5 quadrillion
IMDB: 1000/10

>Do you want a side by side comparison of Hulk fights with Doomsday?

Yeah I would actually because I always thought Hulk stood out poorly. He was especially bad in AoU

Well I've only seen the theatrical cut. Is the Ultimate edition any better?

I just saw the theatrical version on HBO earlier tonight and ordered the Ultimate blu-ray right away, because it's my new favorite awful movie. So which version of the movie are you referring to?

UE is kino.
Only thing decent about TE is how the scene cuts from the testifying African Lady saying "he answers to no one, not even to i think god", then to Clark answering to Lois' request

>The DCEU has made more of a profit than the entire MCU

kek are you kidding me with this shit

fuck off

Hulk
youtu.be/advsN-DfY2k
youtu.be/FdWJ-Njeaig
This one has been edited to be 60fps so it's kind of weird looking.
youtu.be/udKE1ksKWDE

Doomsday
youtu.be/DRCdvnz-wss
youtu.be/PIYL0DxJNWo
youtu.be/OZSOMjj6Ujc

7 seconds into the first clip and Hulk already looks fake as fuck

At 7 seconds you're looking at Thor, you're a really really shit liar.

It actually has.
In 16 films MCU has grossed a disappointing amount of money compared to what it should have.
DCEU's total profit actually exceeds expectations.
Do the math faggot.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HULK LOOKS SO BAD!
Face it, kid, you're in denial!

OK 4 seconds

>Doomsday
Greatest team up in the history of the world
>Hulk
Legends of tomorrow-tier, I get Whedon is a tv director but fucking really?

I didn't remember the fight choreography being so bad in Avengers

>>Doomsday
>Greatest team up in the history of the world

I don't think Doomsday looks great but Hulk looks awful

What's this I hear about them changing Steppenwolf from being Darkseids uncle to his nephew?
>it's a Snyder ruins another part of the DCU lore mythology episode

If a literally who villian like Steppenwolf becoming a nephew upsets you this much you should unironically slit your wrists

t. casual

Darkseid being his nephew is actually important for both their characters.

From the same people that brought you: Ares is a cloud and Joker is Jason Todd.

Are directors usually the graphic artists?
I think Deadpool's was sort of, not sure that he actually made Colossus or anything.

Never understood why Snyder felt the need to change things.

Batman using guns, Superman being all depressing. I understand changing things for WW because her origin isn't as set in stone as the others of the Trinity. But Batman and Superman have are archetypes, to change them is a very silly move. Because by changing them you are changing the essence of the character.

>Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. ”Batman’s dark.” I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.

>Early on in production, Snyder wanted to cast a famous face in the part so he could pull a Psycho — destabilizing the audience by unexpectedly killing off someone they thought would be a main character.
>The actor he wanted ended up becoming Lex Luthor instead.
>“I thought, if it were Jesse Eisenberg and he got out and he goes, ‘I’m Jimmy Olsen,’ you’d be like, oh my God, we’re gonna have Jimmy Olsen in the whole movie, right?’” Snyder says. “And then if he got shot, you’d just be like, ‘What!? You can’t do that.’”

>maybe if I take out of context quotes it will make my argument look better
Try Facebook. You'll probably win more there.

>out of context
youtu.be/q6CMyykvw8s
Is the only defense of WB to simply keep lying and lying and lying?

>Never understood why Snyder felt the need to change things.

Marvel does that too. One might even argue that they change shit more blatantly than DC.

The funny part about that Jimmy Olson quote is that when he basically says oh dear god, what who would want Jimmy Olson in the movie, he's so annoying. Then gave that character a bigger role by promoting him to be "Lex Luthor". What a fucking idiot Snyder is.

Batman rape, fucking genius Snyder.

ITT: /r/marvel drones, brainlets, and pajeets.

Gotta love at how DC drops a mega hype bomb ass trailer, and the next day mousecuck shills are out on damage control LMAO

>DUDE BE MORE LIKE MARVEL LMAO
>DUDE MORE QUIPS, DON'T BE SO SERIOUS, MOVIES ARE FOR LAFFIN LMAO
>HAHA YEA MAN I DON'T UNDERSTAND CINEMATOGRAPHY BUT I DO LIKE SNARKY QUIPS HAHA

Batman using guns was fucking awesome. Suck a cock, Snyder was right for doing everything.

MEANWHILE IN THE LAND OF THE COMPETENT

>>DUDE BE MORE LIKE MARVEL LMAO
okay

They've already done screenings? I should pay more attention.

>Best of the Thor movies!

Low bar is low.

Would normalfags really not watch a movie if it felt like the comic it was based on?

Haha, Thor 3: who-gives-a-shit-arok is going to get utterly BTFO by both JL and the last Jedi.
The latter will easily gross past 1 billion, but it is pretty funny to see how Marlel is already on damage control with their literal-who blue tick twitter faggots out in force.

Even with "tons of laughs" appealing to the lowest common denominator, there is no way this film is going to gross anywhere near the amount the other blockbusters going out at the end of the year are going to score.

I hope this movie does well; I want the costumes in I2 like they did with wonder woman.

>company war thread
Good morning to you too, Mongrel.

I will always call Gadot too skinny even if I know she actually did her best to bulk up. I know actresses must stay under a certain weight if they want jobs. I liked her in her own movie even if she was carried by Pine, I'm interested if she can keep up in a serious role. Ben is a good Batman. Aquaman and Mera looks great.

Cavills Superman was meh, but Man of Steel wasn't that bad. Cyborg and Flash is a big question I never liked them from the start.

>>Rushed, no solo movies for each main hero before Justice League
This 120%.

Could you imagine how lame Ghostbusters would've been without the solo movies first? I mean, imagine Winston just suddenly popping up in the middle of the movie WITHOUT his solo film. How am I, the average film-goer, supposed to understand he's just a regular dude in need of a job if I haven't seen him get fired and struggling to make rent in a separate 2:30 hour movie?

>Could you imagine how lame Ghostbusters would've been without the solo movies first?

It's honestly baffling how you could come up with such an asinine strawman. Justice League is a fucking crossover movie, of course people expect context for the things that are being crossed over. It's like if the Ghostbusters teamed up with Optimus Prine, a random Ninja Turtle, and G.I. Joe without explaining why.

This was a very shitty trailer with really bad cgi. I am calling that it will be a choppy pos just like weWazSuicideSquad. And why the fuck did wheadon put red filter on everything? It looks even worse thsn snyders blue black filter.

You know, Black Widow didn't get her own movie either.
Or maybe she did, maybe Under the Skin was a BW movie in disguise, I didn't understand what was going on there. Still came out after Avengers, though.

So is the dceu dream over once jl bombs? Will we get a reboot?

>t. casual
its the fucking red skies of apokolips, its supposed to represent literal hell on Earth. Probably due to reshoots changing the story to be about earth being terraformed into apokolips, instead of the generic blue beam in the sky
>also t. fucking moron who knows nothing about cinematography calling it a "filter"
stick to cartoons, buddy

Go to sleep wheadon. Your trailer was shit just like the movie is going to be.

It's kinda funny you say that.
Winston literally got half his backstory cut out specifically because they couldn't get Eddie Murphy to play him. He was supposed to be way more developed than he was, and as a result of them deciding "fuck it" he's the most forgettable one.
And that's the fate you want for Cyborg and Aquaman?

>its the fucking red skies of apokolips, its supposed to represent literal hell on Earth

Doesn't stop it from looking like shit. Snyder's visuals haven't improved since 300, it's been a decade and the man hasn't evolved in any aspect of his filmmaking.

all of this is unironically valid, except for ben affleck as an old batman. dude is punished enough to pull it off.

The red skies were clearly done by Whedon

Only if people decide they're bad.

>source: my ass

It looks just as bad as the Doomsday fight in Dawn of Marthas.

Well which is it fellas? Who is responsible?
It's so laughable to expect quality debate on capeshit on this board, there are so many brainlets engaging in corporate dick sucking and not actually engaging in intellectual debates on actual cinematography.

For fucks sake, this entire thread doesn't belong here, just because it's capeshit, doesn't mean it belongs on a board for discussing fucking cartoons and comics. Sup Forums is a garbage board but it has more actual intelligent discussion on the film aspects of capeshit, other than, "muh marvel, muh DC!"