Shelf / Shelves / Recent Purchases thread

Heres mine. Omitted all my marvel stuff.

What else should I get? Any good Dark Horse library editions? Want to fill out that shelf. Any DC recs?

The New Frontier is pretty great and looks incredible on any shelf too.

Hellboy library editions are nice and the Hellboy in hell library edition comes out this month

Books on the left not Sup Forums related

Did you make that metal gear Rex or did it come in a kit?

i made it myself based on some other guy's design, he didnt have any instructions for it, just 1 picture.

Man that's awesome, just noticed how you can move and adjust the rail gun. Nice build user

it took sooo long to build

bump

>Any good Dark Horse library editions?
some Manara, they have a ton of his stuff in Library edition. If you like Jodor they printed The Borgias

It comes out this week, I've been reading the series in preperation

bump

Valve needs to put out a huge book with all the tf2 comics once it's over

Bump

bump

So much stuff coming out this month.

I liked sean murphys are in batman white knight, so is Tokyo Ghost or The Wake any good?

Murphy is one of the best artists to never be on a good book

like what

Bronze Age Swamp Thing
Simonson Thor reprint
Shang Chi vol 4
Hellboy in Hell Library
JLI Omnibus
Absolute Authority reprint
Grayson Omnibus

And more.

Harrow county vol 6
Mr Higgins comes home

Bump
also how is ragnarock by walter simonson?

Here's my Archie digests in a box...

(1/3)

...more Archie digests, plus a few non-Archie digests tucked in there.

...plus non-Sup Forums TV Guides to fill the box.

(3/3)

Highly recommend Tokyo Ghost. An artist I met at a con put me onto it for Rick Remender, but I bought the second volume because of Murphy's art. Beautiful stuff.

This came in today. Started reading it, been pretty good for general tips so far. Got Understanding Comics and Marvel Comics: The Untold Story on the way in as well. Any other books like the ones I've mentioned worth reading? Really into the history of the industry lately.

Most recent order. I'll post an updated shelf when I'm not lazy.

oh cool, I didn't know this existed. I'm going to track it down
I am 99% sure which shelf this belongs too. And I like most of it

I'm holding off on taking any new pictures of my shelf, all my new stuff has just gone in a cupboard anyway. Going to my dads farm to build some new bookshelfs in 2 weeks anyway.. So everything going to be All New All Different

Do those Brightest Day books include tie ins or main story only? Cause I swear I don't remember the main story being 3 trades long.

Recents

Here's pretty much all of mine, except for a few favorites like Watchmen, Sandman, Preacher, etc that I keep at my dorm

Made nice scans of my con stuff
Goran Parlov

Chip Zdarsky
(Idea of this was Dr manhattan showing off his asshole, but Zdarsky was doing headsketchs only, so yes, its asshole in his head instead of hydrogen)

Jim Cheung

Jim Lawson

I made me a tiny little Lego Rex too
Also Xavier just came in the mail.

And fast and free old man Ollie (from DKR) sketch by Otto Shmidt

I've seen that multiple Legion of Superheroes books are coming out, is there any guide to read them guys? I want to read the Legion but it seems a convoluted mess.

I'm not going to order at Amazon any more, at this point I think they intentionally damage my books. at least every 2nd order has damaged books in it, mostly you can say it's from the horrible packaging but sometimes (with the bigger books) the packaging seems perfectly all right but the book is still damaged. I rigorously send them back and ask for replacement, they send another damaged book or use the same horrible packaging even though I explicitely pointed out that the packaging was shit.
It's gone too far, fuck them!
I mean seriously, I'm definitely not the only one who has that problem with them. Do they even make any profit any more? Is it really worth it saving on packaging so much that you risk having every 2nd book returned damaged? I can't see it.

I've never had had a problem from with Amazon and have a few dozen books from them

here is an older Post-Crisis reading order (not by me), I promised making a new one, but that was a year ago or so. Just read all the contents of the archives if you want to start at the beginning (but it's serious silver age stuff in the first 7 or so books and might be hard to go through). The current Silver Age Omnibus collects archives 1-3, since there are 13 of them I'd reckon there will be 3 more omnis incoming (none solicited yet).
After that go with the contents of "Superboy and the Legon of Super Heroes Vol 1" (there's probably more incoming because they have to bridge the gap between the archives and the deluxe editions). Then Great Darkness Saga and The Curse deluxe editions, then go on with volume 3, then 4 etc etc, I think I'll just make screenshots of my directories. Will come back with that in a while.

Check out instocktrades, they take FOREVER but they have good prices and good packaging

I'm European though, I ordered from them one time and it took 1 1/2 months to arrive. Best comic choices for us would be cheap-comics.com and booksetc.co.uk
problem is, it's not only comics they're fucking up, it's regular books as well, ordered The Great Book of Amber and The Face in the Frost from amazon, both books damaged, Face in the Frost replacement arrived today, undamaged, but it was in the same fucking envelope type of packaging, which is just a recipe for disaster. I mean come the fuck on, the book is in DIN A5 and they send it in a DIN A4 jacket with no padding whatsoever, it can literally move around freely inside, getting knocked and jacked everywhere.
It looks like I'll have to order regular books from booksetc from now on, too.
Pic related is Great Book of Amber, which came in a "form fitting" "package", but it still had enough room inside it to move around or it was fucked right from the start (unlikely unless someone intentionally ruined the book). 2 strips of padding would probably have avoided the problem.

oh and IST jack up shipping prices book by book so the more you order the more you have to pay for shipping. my order was like $200 worth of books but an additional $40 or so on shipping and that was just relatively regular books like TPBs and HC plus Crisis on Infinite Earths deluxe edition. I tried ordering omnis from them but they literally charged $30 on shipping for every single omnibus, which simply wasn't worth it. Booksetc has pretty nice prices on omnis and absolutes and cheap-comics is piss cheap overall and sometimes has good offers on omnis and absolutes as well so those will be my go-to places from now on.

It's free domestic shipping for orders over 50$

that's great but europe isn't domestic

It only came out last week. It's not a full on book with whole pages of text, but it's got a lot to showcase. Art, script samples, and all that jazz. Plus, you get to see how meticulous Gibbons really is.

I'm torn between binging out for more Helpboy library editions since I've got the first one or just waiting it out for the omnibuses and focusing on the BPRD/Lobster Johnson stuff and other extended universe books

I know it's pretty much a capital offense to say on Sup Forums but I don't like Mignola's art.

Dark Horse makes damned good Library edition books and they've started printing a lot of european stuff. Might be worth looking into those too

I can understand Mignola style isn't for everyone personally I love it and I like how much he puts into his work, The Magicians and the Snake is a top tier stories

>I don't like Mignola's art.
same here. seriously it's not so good.

>and I like how much he puts into his work,
he actually takes a lot of shortcuts, hard to explain for me, but he doesn't put that much work into the art. he just has his fixed style, that's all.

Technically speaking, he's not amazing, but I think his use of shadows and negative space is unique and well done enough to make him interesting and even worth studying if you're seriously into comic art.

But it's art. It's definitely more subjective than people like to admit.

you know, I think it's cause when I started looking at horror it was photography stuff like this. So my prefered horror comics have a lot of photoshop layers to them to mess with the visuals.

This is my favorite dark/gothic artist John Santerineross

for some reason I've always felt Mignola was a less talented Russell

I spring for the Libraries because I love his art, also the other Hellboy artists like Fregado and Corbin.

It seems like the omnis will be more convenient, separating the main story with the side stories.

where's that from?

To the user that had his house burn down a while ago and was from northern California. Hope your doing well man and I hope you, your family, and cat are safe!

I'm in SoCal and there's a fire less than 10 min away
the entire state's burning right now

Hey fellas, does anyone have the Button DC Rebirth HC? I was wondering if it has any of the lenticular covers in it.

is this a hypercrisis shelf? im going through the list as well and you basically own all the books i plan on reading.
is black mirror worth owning or is it something to just read once?

comes out this wednesday. i hope it doesnt. lenticular covers would be awful for a hardcover

idk, let me check my pockets

why is she so pretty

>hypercrisis shelf
Aren't all shelves hypercrisis shelves?

I'm moving and had to pack my shelf away. 7 boxes.

Fffffffuuuuuuuuck. Bet you're looking forward to putting all that back together.

The guy at my LCS said that the front cover's lenticular. It's not the whole cover though, there's a pretty thick border on it that'll be normal. Dunno about the interior. Might just be the split versions inside.

It's gonna be a lot of fun. At first I tried just two big boxes but there's no way I could carry them down stairs by myself

those still look pretty heavy. First time I moved I made the mistake of putting books in far too big of boxes. one of them had to be 120 lbs or more, it was impossible to get it off the ground without two people. Now I try to use file boxes, those are the best

Yeah or old boxes from printer paper, like from an office or whatever, they work pretty great.

>Want to support Young Animal
>Waiting on Hardback Deluxe Editions that might never come out

yeah, comics are weird. First is floppies which are shit products, filled with adds and expensive. Then are softcover trades, which are cheap and decent. Then are hardcover omni's/collections/specials which are great quality and generally cheaper than all the trades (unless you get oversized).

Books it's harcover ->softcover

>gf just told me she got me DC Rebirth Deluxe Edition, Watchmen: Deluxe Edition and Batman Rebirth Deluxe Edition
girls are fun

Nah man, nah. Hardcovers are nice and i don't like thin little softcover trades like Marvel does, but softcover is my preference esp the thick ones like BPRD, hellblazer, the new Conan Omnis... theyre really affordable and the lack of a hard cover doesn't really matter to me if its just some glued bullshit anyways.

Girls that actually buy comics are even better... esp when it doesn't involve squirrel girl, Harley, or some other abomination.

She digs Harley, but she has the figure for it, so who am I to complain? She dislikes Superman, but her favourite comic is Batman R.I.P.

Even got me the New Frontier Deluxe Edition after Cooke died. She figured it'd cheer me up.

>esp when it doesn't involve squirrel girl, Harley, or some other abomination.
thoe don't exist

I guess. I just arranged the books in the way I'd read the chronologically, kinda.

Black mirror is okay. I got it for $4 for the hardcover so worth it I guess.

Only the main story. It is 3 trades. I kinda wish they had the aftermath collected with the constantine stuff as it isnt even in the omnibus version. Thinking of getting the 2010 Green Arrow and Geoff Johns Flash run. Also unsure about getting the blackest/brightest green lantern tie ins.

This arrived on Friday. I'm certainly loving Morrison's Doom Patrol so far, almost done with the 3rd one.

Sorry, forgot to attach the pic on the first reply. What would you recommend me to get next ?

1/2

2/2

>Get paid in some money to my side-account
>A bit behind on my payments for internet, so I stick in £18 this week with the hopes of sticking in £18 next week
>Order some books from Amazon with the "Spend £40, get £10 off" deal
>Turns out my internet provider took the £37 earlier and I'd ended up putting an additional £18
>See that all three books were put on hold until payment was changed
>Tried to purchase a $3 phone case cover from Ali Express
>[Payment failed]
>What the fuck, there should be £6 left at least
>See Amazon took £5 off me for some reason
>Speak to their customer support service
>"That £5 was for Watchmen Deluxe Edition"
I have no idea how that was supposed to work, but I just got Watchmen for five bucks.

bump

They won't but the trades they released are nice and thick with lots of extra stuff, it's basically a Deluxe.

>my little pony

I'd be more worried about the missing money

Oh the missing money went and paid my internet bill. It's not a big deal.