War changes a man

War changes a man.

No, getting involved in the story fuckery that is Kingdom Hearts changes a man, or in this case, a duck.

Now try reading that in his voice.

That page just makes it look like Donald has finally found peace

Also, someone here who has a good Donald Duck impression needs to vocaroo that shit.

He is still nothing more than a fool that believes in the lies the chemicals in his brain tell him.

God I fucking love Barks. Can't see a panel without digging out the story.

why is he wasting napalm?

Do you think that scene gave Donald a Pearl Harbor flashback?

Don Rosa > Barks

Donald is cool in KH.
He's always 100% focused on his mission, he's the straight man that keeps Goofy in check, and at one point he seriously considers leaving behind Sora when the keyblade picks someone else.
He does the right thing eventually but it takes some convincing and a set of circumstances.
Mikey tells him to do something, and by god the fucking sticks to it and sees it trough to the very end.
In terms of abilities he's also a pretty damn powerful and fearsome mage by the end of the games.

KH's Donald is in no way a bastardization of the character, it still definitely feels like him, he's just very sobered up and focused on his task at all times.
It's like a "grown up" version of him.

KH Donald is a fucking piece of shit, manipulative scumbag and you're a fool for thinking otherwise.
>Refuses to heal Sora
>Lies to a 12 year old boy who's planet was FUCKING DESTROYED in order to find his king.
>Refuses to heal Sora
>Constantly fights with said kid just because he wants to show off how in charge he is.
>Refuses to heal Sora
>Without a second fucking thought abandons the twelve year old with a furry monster because he was no longer worthy.
>Refuses to heal Sora
>Only decides to defend Sora after he's peer pressured by based Goofy. Keep in mind, this was after Riku fired the attack that would have likely killed him
>WILL NOT FUCKING HEAL ME WHEN I NEED HIM TO.

You asked for this.

IT'S A WAR GODDAMNIT.
He's in an hostile envroinment with the heartless on his ass at all times, he doesn't even know where Mikey is initially, and he's tasking with finding him and protecting the royal family at the same time.
He's making the tough calls to make it trough his mission when all odds are against him.
I don't blame him, he's essentially a soldier in enemy territory trying to carry out his mission at all costs, he keeps his priorities straight.

>keeps his priorities straight
>crashing the ship because he refuses to teach his super important teammate, who is a child, to cruise control the ship for a while when they're in space.

Fuck.

>tfw when this
>Is essentially this played straight

I'm not really that experienced with anime shit outside of video games and some shonen when I was younger, but why does so much of it seem to be so up its own ass with all these themes about darkness/light, good/evil, friendship, truth/lies, etc?

I mean, it's not like American media is never thematic either, but it seems like everything from Japan meant for teens/young adults has some very simplistic central theme that's pounded into the reader's head over and over through overt symbolism and long soliloquies spelling the themes out literally.

Is this a real trend or am I wrong?

For real, though, why did all those propaganda films from the '40s have Donald Duck in the army? He's a duck, he should logically be in the Navy. He even wears a fucking sailor suit all the time. At least put him in the Marines for chrissakes.

[spolier]I just want Donald to be a veteran of the USS Indianapolis[/spoiler]

Fuck, spoiler fail.

Are you really expecting to get a straight answer in a fucking Kingdom Hearts thread? Awww, who am I kidding, we all know what you want.....The darkness of the light that resides in the darkness of the heart. It can only be reached once the hearts lightness over powers the darkness of the heart of all worlds and the light will lead your way to understanding the vast philosophical meanings of kingdom hearts and path the path for you to finally unlock KIIIIIIIIINNNNNNGDOM HEARTS.

Use ctrl+s

HOW DARE YOU SHOW HIM OUR HIDDEN WAYS! HE WILL NOW NEVER KNOW HOW DEEP OUT ENLIGHTENMENT GOES.

Because donald was more popular and can you picture Micky charging into a trench and killing everyone there? Goofy maybe but he's more liable to hurt those around him

holy shit I've been using this site since 2012 and I never knew

This is the best, thanks bro

>Jap
>But also uses nips
Wait was he a china Marine or just a normal Marine.

Are you sure Donald wasn't just shown as in the marines? Or just part of Naval ground forces?

I remember my Grandpa was distinctly in the navy but he mentioned fighting on the shores of pacific islands during the war.

Christ...

I kind of wonder how Scrooge handles his flashbacks?

Got a better quality scan of that?

it woks

Thanks bro

Nips is for Japanese
Nip = Nippon

Yeah, hence the question of whether he was a China Marine or a regular Marine.

Remember it only works on some boards

Sora is a little cunt.

This is true. This has led me to many an embarrassing moment on /toy/

Donald threads are great.

Why does Donald put up with Mickey and Goofy anyway? Is it because they're the only ones who can stand to hang out with him, as is so often the case in these friendships?

He's the asshole friend who everyone puts up with because he's a good guy deep down

underrated

No, he was definitely a grunt. Just look at Donald Gets Drafted, Duck Soldier, Fall Out Fall In, and others. He was also a paratrooper, according to Commando Duck.

Congrats reddit, now you must learn how to use the legendary "sage" and "noko" techniques and you're training of our ways will be complete. I dunno if the invisible character tricks still work; do they?

>Been here since 2005
>Still don't know half of the secret techniques of Sup Forums
Doesn't help that people have been tightlipped about this shit from the start.

Pretty sure the ctr+s for spoiler has only been around as long as the in-line extension, though, so like, since 2014?

This, they all are buds cause they look past each others shitty qualities.

Nah, I'm talking about the other things. Like the tiny ultimate power text, or the trademark/copyright things. I always figured those were keyboard tricks I didn't have the right keyboard for.

Well and good user BUT CAN THEY TRIFORCE?

▲ ▲

Apparently you can't

this is a sad day for america, and for the world

▲▲

▲ ▲

moot who? destroyed triforcing for everyone before he left

aaaaaa AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

MOOOOOOOOOOOT

>Doesn't help that people have been tightlipped about this shit from the start.
Welcome. Lurk more. Also get out.

Sora is as far from a cunt as you can get. So far in fact that he might actually have a mental deficiency of some sort. Little nigga's parents died and his world ended and he is trying to find the last two people who survived the end of his world and he STILL happily goes around helping as many people as he can.

huh.

43 years of service too.

Man, what kind of a pension did he build up?

Guadalcanal

For the US? The same pension he would get after 20 years of service.

And he still can't get a Dr's Appointment at the VA

>Like the tiny ultimate power text, or the trademark/copyright things. I always figured those were keyboard tricks I didn't have the right keyboard for.

Dude, just google Alt-Codes and enjoy.

He's not doing it for the money, user.

desu those films were surprisingly liberal, though. Exposing how rote and unpleasant life in the Army can be, and showing Donald getting justifiably pissed off about it instead of just complying like a robot.

>Exposing how rote and unpleasant life in the Army can be,

Well, remember that they were at least partially made for the enlisted audience to enjoy as a morale booster on their off time.

>I wonder how Scrooge handles his flashbacks?

If Donald was in WWII, would that mean Scrooge was in the Boer War?

Even worse hes a retard

did you ever consider that maybe translations just suck

Different Donalds. You're better off comparing Donald then to his version in Ducktales.

if we go by Dona Rosa, Scrooge has basically never been involved in any military conflict. And hell, by the time World War I even broke out he would have been too old to be drafted, not to mention his time in the klondike left him with notable eyesight problems.

Of course, one could cllaim scrooge has enough presence and his age might be able to check Donald's flashbacks via feigning being a CO.

The real question is why anyone would put up with Mickey.
He's a fucking annoying cunt.

Or a sociopath. Or he's too stupid to realize that he's actually going around murdering people. Either way, his rage isn't directed towards Donald so he has nothing to complain about.

>Donald before and after visiting Mathemagic Land

taking Goofy Movie into account, I think they're probably fishing buddies and probably old college friends.

Then Donald's sister vanished and Goofy's wife died around the same time and they both have been slapped hard with the responsibility stick.

They haven't even talked in years.

Mickey, through this all, has not had to deal with any shit in his life and wonders what Donald and goofy's issue is.

>tfw Donald and Goofy have had hard lives.

Meanwhile that fucking mouse lives the american dream.

Alright, we're doing this.

KH was a god-tier game. Now if only there was less or better yet, zero Final Fantasy stuff in it, it would have aged a lot better.

I wonder why no one's made a Rick and Morty edit of that panel.

Noko has been redundant for like 5 years

He did serve though. But it was only referenced in a short with Minnie, "Out of the Frying Pan Into the Firing Line".

>if we go by Dona Rosa, Scrooge has basically never been involved in any military conflict
Well, aside from the one time he defeated the US Army, Navy and Marines led by Teddy Roosevelt.