Is this show worth stabbing someone in a McDonald's over?

Is this show worth stabbing someone in a McDonald's over?

Other urls found in this thread:

spin.com/2006/08/snakes-plane-underperforms-box-office/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snakes_on_a_Plane#Internet
youtube.com/watch?v=-GC5rAX0xHg
smashbike.tumblr.com/post/166184004267/smashbike-smashbike-smashbike-smashbike
youtube.com/watch?v=X_JYkP6JotQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sup Forums WOULD know, I suppose.

Self-proclaimed geniuses need to latch onto the works of others that they believe verifies their intelligence. If they don't embrace it, then they fear that their group of faux-intellectuals will turn on them. It's a very reddit circle jerk thing.

Yes, only someone with a high enough IQ to precisely calculate the exact angle and trajectory of the stabbing to cause the most amount of pain possible, without being lethal to the victim, is able to fully comprehend the nuances and intricacies of Rick & Morty.

Only if they were a nazi

Isn't that how one of the kids in Stand by Me died?

>Is this show worth stabbing someone in a McDonald's over?

Just FYI it's just a joke that someone got stabbed. Despite actual stabbing in fandoms before, all that happened here is some fans got autistic and rowdy because they ran out of the sauce packets.

The thing is this is perfect publicity, which makes sense, since this is literally an actual commercial tie in campaign. McDonald's now has tons of viral free "ads" in the forms of articles about how people want their new sauce, which they are literallly debuting as a sales item for real soon, and R&M has free publicity about how much everyone loves their show.

This wasn't a conspiracy, but like any commercial campaign, it was obviously planned as a publicity stunt.

However: autistic fan memes and little events don't seem to translate into the kind of commercial success big companies and franchises want. Remember "Snakes on a Plane"? The whole idea was play into a small autistic super nerdy meme driven fan base because that would lead to a box office Blockbuster. Has this strategy ever actually worked? Legitimately curious.

What happened with Snakes on a Plane?

i think the title explains itself user

>Remember "Snakes on a Plane"?

for real that movie's marketing seemed so odd but maybe it was just ahead of its time

>What happened with Snakes on a Plane?

SomethingAwful was pretty much literally Sup Forums before the beginning (proto-Sup Forums?). When someone heard that a movie about Snakes on a Plane was coming out, SA memed it just like Sup Forums does to everything today.

There was some joke that the movie would only be good if it was actually named "Snakes on a plane" and SA posters made up a meme line about motherfuckin' snakes, a Baneposting of its day thing, and said someone in the movie needed to say it.

The studio played to the autistic online memers and named the movie literally "Snakes on a Plane." And even included the meme line.

Better question: have people been stabbed over dumber things in a McDonalds?

But then the movie finally opened. People expected it to make 30 M and it only made half of that despite still being #1. Everyone called it a failure.

spin.com/2006/08/snakes-plane-underperforms-box-office/

The thing is the problem wasn't so much the BO as the stupid expectation. The movie was a bad B movie, C movie and obviously so. That it cracked the top 10 let alone made #1 is less than a guarantee.

But because the meme was so huge studios expected this shit joke film to be the next Star Wars or something.

So the message might be that a small dedicated group will be grabbed by that campaign but if you're relying on sheer numbers, it's not going to work. You need a business model that relies on selling merch and collectables at that point or just a small scale operation

>it's just a joke that someone got stabbed
Didn't multiple people say on social media that someone got stabbed ?
And that this is why they had to call the police and close the store ?

Hardly seems like "just a joke" (although it is funny)

The explanation is obviously here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snakes_on_a_Plane#Internet and I misremember, the film's working title was snakes on a plane, when the working title came out the memers said they should keep the working title:

>people say on social media

That's a reliable source.

The only thing I've seen is some people on social media saying they heard a rumor about some stabbing but no legitimate channels have anything about that then I've seen. But if someone has anything please let me know, I am curious, I just couldn't find a damn thing.

The first season is

LA folks have stabbed each other over less.

>The only thing I've seen is some people on social media saying they heard a rumor about some stabbing

You know what fuck I checked again and the only "source" about any stabbing or violence was actually right here right now on Sup Forums people making a joke about it so it's even more bullshit than I just said sorry.

Jesus

youtube.com/watch?v=-GC5rAX0xHg

Is the sauce still being sold?

HAHA MEMES XD

Jesus christ, this is why memes were a mistake. These are the faggots that take a joke too far and make me want to kill myself out of disgust.

The sauce was sold at like a very very VERY small amount of locations and those locations got 20 packets of sauce. There were multiple hour lines to try to get this sauce. So no.

it was a marketing gimmick by mcdys. they're going to do a 'limited run' this winter

Never even heard of Szechuan sauce. It just looks like soy sauce but thicker.

Sup Forums was a thing before 06. I remember this actually on Sup Forums as well.

get it out of here
holy fuck

It existed in thr 80s to go with some experimental Oriental meal McDonalds did, and was probably still kicking around in some regional/foreign stores because McDonalds never gets rid of a product.

They still sell the fucking McLobster in Maine.

No, but I'd be willing to stab Rick & Morty fans if it means McDonalds will do another run of the McRibWich.
I'm not even saying that to meme, I've actually had the sandwich and it's really good and I miss it- I'm unironically mad that some literally who dipping sauce for nuggets is getting a 2nd run because of some fucking one-off meme from a CARTOON.

I WANT THE MCRIBWICH. IT'S GOOD.

This is literally the kind of shit that Sup Forums used to support, but I guess it's bad when redditors do it.

To think such an unexpected hit cartoon actually encouraged a giant corporation like mcdonalds to bring out sauce from like 20 years ago is kind of wild. Good marketing on their part, but still.

make your own. you can just google the recipe

What's the difference between a McRib and a McRibwich? Because McRibs come back when pork prices are super low.

My god this brings me back.

No, but don't let that stop you from stabbing someone in a McDonalds

The McRib has been a thing for a long time and has had a cult following for longer than many people posting have been alive.

McDonalds is shit and you could get a much better sandwich at any other joint in town that caters to your specific cravings if you look hard enough. Support local businesses.

Yeah. The guy who denied me my Schezuan sauce was a fucking Nazi.

LARPers and roleplayers and autistic fans making dumb in jokes is retarded whether it's Nazi LARPers and people quoting Baneposting in public or whatever the fuck that is. Diagnosis in each case is autism.

The real victims in all this are those poor McDonalds employees trying to their GEDs.

>McDonalds never gets rid of a product

Pleasant news to me. I've been missing the Big n Tasty since they scrapped it awhile back. I'm legit willing to go on a life quest to try one again, since it's actually good unlike the meme sauce

Fake

They didn't honestly. They prob had a few containers of the shit laying around from when it had its original product run and decided to package them and give them out.

Like harmon got a huge container of the shit and it looks like it just sat on a shelf for 15+ years.

>What's the difference between a McRib and a McRibwich? Because McRibs come back when pork prices are super low.

I think I'm just conjoining/misremember the official name due to that one episode of the Simpsons where they did a whole sub plot on homer being addicted to the sandwich, calling it the "Ribwich".

>smashbike.tumblr.com/post/166184004267/smashbike-smashbike-smashbike-smashbike

>inb4 TUMBLR REEE
It's a compilation of different accounts of people posting about the stabbing or that someone got injured. If you go on Twitter you'll find more. There were some snapchats of the police getting to the location wwith ambulances.
Considering it's more than just one person I find it unlikely that several unrelated people just collectively decided, on a whim, to tell a specific lie at the exact same time and location (but then again R&M fans believe there is a contrarian conspiracy out there to get them so maybe this might seem perfectly logical to you).

And considering people get randomly stabbed in the street for less, and the other videos surrounding the incident, I don't find this difficult to believe in at all. It seemed practically inevitable.

No one said it was real, but it's fucking pathetic that someone acts like this in public as a fucking no name. At least the jackasses that act stupid in public don't scream and do every fucking relavant meme possible in a one minute outburst. They can originally act like a sperg in public without relying on memes.

This sounds amazing.

"One of the reshot scenes had Samuel L. Jackson reciting the line “I want these motherfucking snakes off the motherfucking plane,” which was first suggested in a fan video" -Know Your Meme

Anyone have this video? I wonder if the guy who made it got any royalties.

Has rick and morty reached it's Steven Universe level breaking point?

In the sense that he planned it ahead of time and the guy filming it was his friend? No shit.

>*buurrrp* Morty, uh, the Holocaust was a lie. D-do you really think that 6million people could be rounded up a-a-and exterminated with no trace?

>aw geez Rick, oh man, h-how could you say that? Mr Rosenstein said it's the worst tragedy to ever happen

>open your fucking eyes Morty *buuurrrpp* your teacher is one of them.

>kind of shit that Sup Forums used to suppor
No this is Foam Adventures levels of faggotry. Stop trying to rewrite history

Reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=X_JYkP6JotQ

This is the kind of shit you'd see in cringe threads.

>mfw watching an episode of r&m as i feel my already formidable intellect increasing with every burp to levels beyond human understanding

That quote has not been spoken in the show since the season 1 finale. Why do faggots keep parroting it like its said all the fucking time in the show? Do they even watch it?

Why do you people try to rewrite history and claim your opinions are those "Sup Forums used to" have, as if that gives them any weight ? Why do you pretend to have been here in older times when the opposite is abudantly clear ?
We see right through you. Go back to wherever you came from because it sure as fuck wasn't from here.

Fucking Christ, this faggot is one of those Sup Forumsdittors based from the rest of his channel. It's like he physically manifests all the memes he sees online. He has no shame of embarrassing himself over shitty meme sauce.

>Doesn't remember the Boston Fail Party

A sauce that magically raises your IQ would actually make an okay Rick and Morty episode.

>it's fucking nothing

It's not that it's tumblr, it's that it's just people repeating some rumors that a guy dressed as Rick went on a stabbing spree this morning and stabbed "a bunch of people" but all of them repeating a rumor, no witnesses or pictures or reports anywhere conveniently. There's not even a primary source just baseless gossip.

That there were some big crowds that showed up so police were called in just in case is one thing, there being a mass stabbing with someone dressed up as a cartoon character but there's no witnesses, evidence, or reports is another.

What is that

His head

I have no words.

>doesn't remember Project Chan ology
>doesn't remember the Sup Forums Panels at AWA hosted by Moot and WT Snacks
>doesn't remember the actual times people posted Pool's Closed
>doesn't remember the people who harassed Chris-chan in real life

Come on now. Don't pretend like all Sup Forums ever did was online only.

Did that actually happen? I knew there were some tantrums

Even if it didnt, the fanbase is so far gone that they'd cheer for someone doing this.

No it didn't happen. Some fans just sperged out with nerd rage on twitter.

If someone got stabbed for fucking sauce news companies and clickbait companies would be on this faster than flies on freshly laid shit.

congrats you cracked the code and it only took you like 6 years
you are the dead

>it's just people repeating some rumors that a guy dressed as Rick went on a stabbing spree
No one said he went on a fucking spree. No one even said he stabbed multiple people. Virtually all accounts describe one person only being injured. And as I said, these rumors (from those Snapchat pictures) started being spread at the same time. It's not like someone posted a Snapchat and then everyone on Twitter started shitposting about it (which is usually how these rumors start), it's multiple people, at the location, at the same time, posting about it.
The singular stabbing is the one event that is continually described. The other details as to whether he was dressed as Rick or stabbed more than one person are not part of the original story.
>were some big crowds that showed up so police were called in just in case
The police was not "called in just in case", they weren't present at first. They arrived later and closed the place after shit went down. And since there are no recorded instances of mass physical violence or people destroying property, it is logical to assume that the stabbing was one of the major reasons why they had to forcibly shut it down.

It is "fucking nothing" because it was a stabbing. It's not that hard to get away with stabbing someone especially in a large crowd of neckbeards rioting for food.

>implying all old school Sup Forums trolling wasn't cringe

You'd think people would realize that by the fact that the information about its' 14th birthday is literally still on top of every page.

When's a good stabbing ever NOT worth it??

"Where were you during the Szechuan sauce wars, dad?"
I could see a fella not come out of that the same. "Fuckin' normies ruin everything!" They just give up on their dreams, knowing that normies will fuck everything they love eventually. Why try to get a career? They'll ruin any job you enjoy.

>I believe it because people on the internet said so

Stabbed someone in the parking lot Marty! Boom, big reveal!

Nice.

Take out "reddit" and you've got a perfectly valid statement there, user.

>pretending to be retarded
This is worse than actual retardation.

As absurd and unfunny as this is, it's plain that he's just putting on a performance for his buddy with the cell phone camera to record and put online here. There's nothing authentic about this; he's just making a video for guys like you to credulously re-post the way you have.

>used to think Jojo fans were becoming the new bronies
>see this shit
I take everything back.

if you don't think it is, you've clearly never watched the show

it's a good show, just watch it and you'll feel the need to stab someone right away

idk man, it's been ten years
it was funny when we were Sup Forumstards and the shit we did were lolsorandumb, sporadic, and we were the only retards doing it

it's not about being reddit, rather that it's a popular show and lots of "adults" doing this

it's become cringe in the non-funny way

this we used to praise people for kicking down a cardstand

"Do it faggot" was the go-to phrase for people willing to make a fool out of themselves, and people wanting to off themselves.

it was very cringe, but I was 16 ten years ago and it was funny not to give a fuck and be cringe just for a dare

seeing a grown man do it, it's very sad though

Sup Forums bs predates SA, fag. SA and ebaums world or whatever the fuck that site was called always had a rivalry that was just the same fanbase shitposting on all sites. Now it's Sup Forums vs Reddit and it's still the same shit.

Anyone else see Filthy Frank and co in this? This is what happens when normies think they can be the next big thing.

Remeber when it was really cringy and annoying when someone did somthing from the internet in real life.
Nothing changes

It's tastes like metal. It comes back all the time. It's not good because it's good, it's because it's limited and tricks your dumbass into thinking it is good.

Makes sense.

who got stabbed? I thought some guys just jumped the counter and stole all the sauce, which is what I would have done, and sold it on ebay

No the things on his head

this show is worth a mass genocide over

it's just that good and smart

As a "Rick and Morty" fan, I use my sharp wit to stab people. It's more effective than a simple blade of metal.

It's not literature but it does have some thought provoking moments, what's your problem?

Trump

I've never cringed so hard in my life. This shit is foam adventure-tier

Holy shit we'd be arrested for habbo hotel swastikas now let alone this