Voltron

youtube.com/watch?v=J7uhYswnHX8
NYCC post-panel interview with Dos Santos and Montgomery about Season 4. Don't think it's been posted.
They ask a little about Allura not piloting the Castle Ship, Haggar and Lotor's relationship, and Keith and Pidge's relationship. There's an "industry" question but it's about their own paths in the field rather than how to get into it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kgtxHGBZnyo
youtube.com/watch?v=F27DyynJid8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wait when do the mention Keith and Pidge?

Around 1:50 or so, interviewer asks them about nonfamilial bonds between the paladins and Lauren chooses to use those two as an example. Says they're both very mission minded and would probably get along well as a team.

Anyone willing to summarize the interesting bits?

youtube.com/watch?v=kgtxHGBZnyo
Another interview with Josh Keaton, Kimberley Brooks, and AJ Locascio.
More talk about the leader conflict with Shiro and Keith, what Shiro's going to do now that he's not a paladin, and Allura's relationship with her father. Plus some talk about behind the scenes voice acting and Andrea Romano's departure.
Sounds like Shiro's going to be a backseat mentor and how even though he misses being a paladin he will believes in Keith but Keith doesn't believe in himself, rather than trying to wrest control from Keith.

>Don’t believe in yourself. Believe in me who believes in you!

It's pretty generic, not sure if I can really summarize anything out of them. All the show-related questions are in the first half.
If you insist on watching the rest of it around midway through the video they ask about Montgomery and Dos Santos' career trajectory if you're curious, but the last third is 100% skippable boring political shit.

I tried to summarize the voice acting interview down below, that one is more interesting in my opinion.

I wasn't psyched about Shiro returning so soon, but I think having him as more of a mentor/support figure isn't bad. He definitely needed to get off of the main paladin crew, he's just too much of a stabilizing influence and I want that Drama™

Hooray for Kidge.

So Shiro is the cheerleader now.

can't listen right now-- how ARE they handling allura no longer piloting the castleship/making wormholes? was she just never necessary for it in the first place?

If this doesn't inspire art of Shiro in short skirts then what is the point.

Interviewer points out that since Allura can't pilot both at the same time she can't pop up wormholes to help them escape. Dos Santos says it's a good observation. Montgomery mentions how in an earlier episode, which one I can't tell you myself, Allura can store some of her energy in the castle for Coran to use but he can only do so much on his own before she is needed to recharge it, which sounds like a way of saying the status quo doesn't really change. But Dos Santos does point out it will raise the tension in some fights when they can't escape as easily because of it.

Yeah, at the end of season 1 they were able to make that one last jump to rescue Allura because of residual energy or whatever.

>Zarkon wants to make the galaxy great again
>Zarkon is very old school
>Lotor is progressive
Wow, really makes you think.

OK now I think I can remember, it's the one Coran did to send them to Allura. I'm just glad these interviewers seem to be smarter for the most part. I'm just hoping someone will bring up the whole Red Lion hotblooded/fiery vs. righthand man disconnect at some point, based on the things they've said I don't think the writers forgot it or a lot of other things but they haven't been doing a great job of bridging the gap tactfully either.

>hotblooded/fiery
Is this even said in the show, all I remember is "a pilot who relies on instincts." Though neither of them contradict the right-hand thing either

youtube.com/watch?v=F27DyynJid8
Just what I generally remember but they talk about their thoughts on the theory that Lotor's harem mirrors the paladins, Lotor's relationship with Zarkon and Haggar, what it was like to voice Allura's flirting scene, what it was like to voice Sven, and what it was like to voice Lotor. Also they each talk about what they want from their characters near the end.
>Kimberly says she thinks Allura would be more focused on her responsibilities when asked "Lance or Shiro?" during the panel
>Talks in this video about how she thinks Allura is young and romantic, probably had a lot of suitors, and wants her to get a love interest
Huh, I wonder what she meant by this.

She's one of those sworn maidens who wants to fuck but has a vow to protect. Also she's probably sick to death of shipping questions like goddamn everyone on the staff.

I'm still just so happy I'm getting Keith training with the BoM, that's all I wanted. I love you guys and I'm hoping you all have good a day.

>made Yoohoo his ringtone
I wonder if he did that with his Revolver Ocelot meow.
Also based Josh Keaton wants a space mall ep and younger Shiro backstory.

Keith and Pidge fight well alongside each other, but I'd still like them to talk casually outside missions.

Sounds like whatever interactions they have might not be the most interesting if that's how she puts it. Like a pair of soldiers. She's right that they're both that kind of person, but I was hoping that it would mean Keith being more comfortable in confiding with her. Or maybe either one of them apologizing for their behavior in season 1.

I can see them simply not having much to talk about, yeah. Regardless, I can deal with them not having much interactions if they also hadn't shafted Shiro's relationship with her, that one feels unnatural currently.

It just means Kolivan is gonna pull an Obi-Wan and die.

Don't say that. Kolivan is going to act as a mentor figure to Keith and they're going have fun galra times and he's going to live a long happy life ;_;

I'm so glad they kept Kalternecker. Lance x Kalternecker memes aside, it's fun to see them taking care of the cow.

Lance is best boy

Neither of them seems like the type who need apologies to move past stuff, at least. But out of everyone on the team they pretty much have the most purely professional relationship with each other.

>Sounds like Shiro's going to be a backseat mentor
In other words :they didn't have guts to kill Shiro so they gave him background role.
Meh, I hope Kuron shit won't be revealed too fast because in that case we can completely forget about Shiro as a character.

> YFW Lotor is revealed to be a Blade of Marmora and that's the reason why they've done absolutely fucking nothing, so they don't interfere with him.

You want Kolivan to be dead so much?
Let's hope that at least 1 nice 100% Galra won't die trying to protect Keith paladins.

This thread will live

Will Keith become more Galra after training with BoM?

I want to marry Allura!

Everyone wants to marry her

Hunk sure is thycc

If dubs, this ship is canon.

But Shay

If dubs, this picture is canon

Shay all the way

Will we see Balmera this season?

After that question at NYCC Allura really should be Yoko.

>In other words :they didn't have guts to kill Shiro so they gave him background role.
More like, original plan was to disappear him until he comes back much later on, but the Dreamworks suits forced them to keep him onscreen in the show and this is their compromise.

I guess we've got all our shitposting out of our system. I hope the next season end gives us a lot to speculate about.

More like it's late and on a weekday all the shitposters are probably sleeping.

As much as I love the fact that Allura is actually doing shit, I really don't want him warming the bench. Is the lion switch likely to be permanent?

Based sacura

I dunno, but it's possible he can sub in for the Blue Lion when they still need Allura to pilot the Castle Ship, just like Original Sven.
There was a quote that suggested the lion swap might not be permanent after all but my feeling is it's meant to be the new status quo and they're just going to be a little flexible.

The show makes it out that it's whatever the lions feel like so they can deus ex machina it to be anything really.

Don't worry, Shiro is going to fall down a well again and find his waifu, Romelle.

>Is the lion switch likely to be permanent?
It mirrors the traditional setup and they're spending a lot of time on the setup. There's Keith and his growing pains as a leader and Lance settling into the position as the right-hand man. The only thing that seems off is how much time they spent on Shiro developing his bond with the Black Lion, so I wouldn't rule out Shiro occasionally piloting it again in the futre, but I think the current team setup is endgame.

>Kimberly says she thinks Allura would be more focused on her responsibilities when asked "Lance or Shiro?" during the panel

Because Kimberly knows there is only one man meant for Allura.

>original plan was to disappear him until he comes back much later on
I wish they could do that. It was such a great chance to make paladins act more "mature", as they wanted and now. with Shiro being around ( even on the background) it'll be harder than if he just had gone in nowhere.

What's your worst fear for the next season?

Acxa is related to Keith.

Why lions are so strict about who's going to pilot them? Not once was mentioned that paladins "combine" their minds with their lions, and Voltron "combines" them all together. Then why they don't let paladins swap lions between them?

Paladins getting full retards again just to show how clever and cool Lotor's plan is.

Zeith is love.
Zeith is life.

It ends with Shiro being kidnapped

user asked about fears, not wishes.

I don't know, because even if they didn't kill him it potentially puts the various developments they were setting up for him in seasons 1 and 2 on hold, which is really not great for momentum momentum.
If they were planning to have him sit out seasons 3 and 4 then yeah sure, his absence would've been alright, sure, but if they were also going to have him sit through seasons 5 and 6 so that he only appears in the last third of the show it could've be a problem.

Shiro needs to take a fucking break and let someone else get kidnapped for once.

Shiro will eject himself from the ship trying to kidnap someone.

I was so happy when Keith ruined his plans about teludav.
God, I hope more people will ruin his plans.

Didn't Allura get kidnapped at one point?
who's next in line

She got kidnapped trying to save Shiro who was kidnapped.

Keith.

Lance was kidnapped too, even twice

Beach episode when?

I want this to happen but I'm not foolish enough to hope.

You will get your space drow and like it.

>we get a beach episode
>only Lance, Keith and Hunk wear swimsuits and the others just hang around the beach fully clothed

I wouldnt use kidnapped in that context, more like sacrificed herself for the greater good.

Kidnapped implies she was taken against her will, when in reality she saved Shiro and ensured Voltron was still operational.

Keith will be kidnapped for a short time so Lotor can show him his powerpoint on why he should become one of his generals but he'll break free soon after.

>tfw no reference to DotU where Allura wears a cute pink bikini

Such cruel things you say, user.
>No Allura
>No Pidge
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

In the new sjw world order all humans where burkas

Because they're not a Hivemind until Voltron. Just because they're fine with them as Voltron doesn't mean they need to go "oh well the red lion likes them so i'll let them drive me" when they're singular minded.

1. I'm different from my father
2. You're half galra
3. My team is filled with hot girls
4. Your team has Lance on it
5. Consider points 3 and 4 again

Only females, because sexy girls is "fetishizing". When Lance almost showed his buttcrack to the whole world, no one said a word.

Rare Lotlura appears!

>Allura will never lose her bikini top in the water
>Pidge will never make lewd comments about it

>they need to go "oh well the red lion likes them so i'll let them drive me" when they're singular minded.

> The entire galaxy is in danger
> Paladins can die
>Lions still won't let other paladins pilot them because "Lol, nope, you should meet my standards first!"
What Alfor was thinking when created them?

The lions were mind controlling him into creating them.

Voltron is the void that will consume the universe. Lotor is the good guy unifying the universe against Voltron.

That is rare. Would be shame if something were to happen to that pair.

>1. I'm different from my father
Yes, Lotor is entire loser if we compare him with Zarkon
>2. You're half galra
Like this is a cause to be proud
>3. My team is filled with hot girls
Quality is not equal to quantity
>4. Your team has Lance on it
But Voltron team also has
SHIRO
H
I
R
O

Keith and Lance regress in character development

>Both their VAs said it would have been interesting if Allura and Lotor had some kind of relationship
>Kimberly says she loves Lotor
Practically confirmed

>Voltron is the void that will consume the universe.
Holy shit you're right
>For 3 seasons it's shown that quintessence turns people mad
>Voltron is created from quintessence

Yes but Lance. Even Shiro's goodness cannot make up for Lance's everything.

> Zarkon didn't go insane from quintessence, Voltron made him insane.

It's why he wanted the Lions back so much. He is their avatar.

Well they didn't want a Lotor x Allura creeper relationship. Instead of avoiding it it might be best to explore a real one.

You mean "What was Voltron thinking" since it basically mind-controlled the Alteans building it.

>Shiro isn't enough
Try to say this again while looking in his eyes

Voltron is evil. Galra are pure.