Is Spider-Man also political now?

I heard Dan Slott is a huge SJW. Does this affect his ASM series and if so, when did that start? I absolutely loathe Marvel's current style of ideology over storytelling.

But I also read how people stated that his ASM stories suck even without politics. So what is it?

His run has always been divisive, but it's been pretty obvious since Superior Spider-Man ended that the guy's got pretty much nothing left creatively, and is just staying on the book partly out of comfort and partly out of stubborn pride.

His books aren't really political at all, and include weird creative decisions like Peter getting a glorified Korean onahole spider-pheremone GF, it's just painfully, aggressively mediocre.

I don't think it's political, they're just plain bad.

Dan Slott sucks. That's all there is to it.

I wouldn't even say they're interesting enough to be bad

That is just a joke. You fucking retard.

Why do you care if you haven't been reading it already?

Maybe treating all races fairly is a joke to you user, but that's why you're not a hero like Spider-Man

Slott just plain sucks
part of him sucking is his shallow attempts to be topical

Oh, I thought you going to used this as Political nonsense. My bad.

That's pretty funny desu and could even be read as making fun about political correctness.

So, would the end of Superior Spider-Man be a good point to drop out of the Slott-era Spider-Man?

I don't love Slott in fact hated Superior and Spiderverse but still like his run more than JMS stuff and he's better than Zdarsky and most Marvel staff
he's basically protecting Peter from worse fates, idk any writers with comedic backgrounds that would be improvements
Slott is fairly funny and good at scripting action stories still and does well with villians/smart characters, just can't hang with endings

JMS was leagues better than Slott's garbage and there's plenty of comedy writers who could do a better job than the fat fuck.
>Slott is fairly funny
No. Just no.
>does well with villians/smart characters
Oh God.

I hated the Other shit so much
Hastings or Jeff Loveness could take over and I'd be fine with that but most Marvel writers are cringy as fuck
he did great with comedic series before and wrote the best Hank of the past decade

While I agree that the Other was one of the lowest points of JMS' run I'd take that over anything Slott ever wrote for Spider-Man.
In the ideal world Conway or Kelly would take over, but that's not happening.
I hate any She-Hulk that isn't Byrne's or Louise Simonson's and I couldn't care less about Pym, so I don't know. I know that there is not a single Spider-Man comic by Slott that doesn't either bore me to death or actively piss me off.

>I'd take that over anything Slott ever wrote for Spider-Man.
I still remember the exact point when people turned on Slott, it was when Peter turned out into Ottos body. Before that, everyone loved his run, especially Spider Island.

>dude SJeWs lmao
Neck yourself retarded memer

>everyone
No. Stop this bullshit. And by the way enough I welcomed Dying Wish. I thought it would lead to something actually non-boring for a change, too bad Superior still sucked like the rest of his run.

people still dont understand that disney sjw propanganda its now marvel,s

>Slott is fairly funny and good at scripting action stories still and does well with villians/smart characters

Never understood why people liked Spider-Island at all. That's when I gave up on Slott for good. Such a hamfisted and trite message about Pete's unique qualities as a hero, dry expositional dialogue out the wazoo, terribly written villain with nothing but cliche lines, and no real sense of tension or danger. Just terrible writing all around.

you literally admitted in your own fucking post that you don't even read comics jesus christ you people have to go back

>dry expositional dialogue out the wazoo, terribly written villain with nothing but cliche lines, and no real sense of tension or danger
If you mentioned that all characters feel like flat caricatures, you'd have a "Slott in a nutshell" kind of post.

I knew he was ugly but damn that side view isn't doing him any favors.

i mean is that a bad thing. Uninteresting is better than something i love being ruined

I only liked Spider-Island because of Anti-Venom going full preacher in a church, and some of the bantz were funny.
to me its the last thing Slott wrote even slightly worth reading, and the exact point where he ran out of story ideas so resorted to THE CONSEWUENCES WILL NEVR BEE THE SAME narrative clickbait

honestly I have no idea when he took over but Spider-Man has being godawful for a decade now. No more day was when I checked out. The only other time I read a Spidy comic after that was when Black Cat showed up for like 3 issues.
All the sjw does hurt Spider-Man additionally but it´s more an attack on the legacy of the character. And ever since Marvel turned full sjw Black Cat isn´t even sexy anymore so now I have literally zero reasons to check it out.

JMS was gold right up until the end, and that was forced on him

No, but he loves Doc Ock more than Peter and I would rather have him write a Doc Ock ongoing more than a Spiderman book.

This is what happens when you get too caught up in the discourse.

Spider-man has always been political in someway. Go read some issues from his college years

Please no. His Doc Ock is abysmal.

>I heard
come back when you've read some comic books, /r/comics_and_cartoons

Wait which asian people are they talking about?