Tell me about cartoons in this early animation style that I should watch

Tell me about cartoons in this early animation style that I should watch.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WtoKDEufmw8
youtube.com/watch?v=SRB2YlQOSBI
youtube.com/watch?v=rxpzxzfars8
dailymotion.com/video/x3a8w7i
youtube.com/watch?v=wSKmGmA8pb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

None of them.

That's not very helpful.

Sorry i just cant really look at old style cartoons like that. Im spoiled by how nice everything looks in the 90s.

I'm sure there's a wealth that are public domain now so they should be easy to find on sties like YouTube.

Only ones I can actually name are those Fleischer Superman ones, but that involves rotoscoping not the "rubber hose" style that Cuphead evokes.

Teenage Robot has those classic pupils

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?

The old Disney and Fleischer toons that inspired it.

youtube.com/watch?v=WtoKDEufmw8

Popeye: Aladdin and his Lamp

Bimbo's Initiation
Swing You Sinners

Any Betty Boop cartoon, including "Snow White" and "Minnie the Moocher"
Any Felix the Cat cartoon, though I have no specific examples.

Check out the links here

Now this is VERY helpful, thank you.

If you want another good modern cartoon that pays homage to those old cartoons Over the Garden Wall is a great choice. Especially in fall.

Just watch random golden age cartoons. Popeye, Silly Symphonies, Felix the Cat, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Mickey Mouse, Flip the Frog.

Inspiration for Baroness von Bon Bon:

youtube.com/watch?v=SRB2YlQOSBI

Becomes really obvious when you notice the cupcake dude and then the heart-lipstick at around 2:56.

I don't like how people who play video games have become interested in Fleischer cartoons because of Cuphead as of late

Never seen this, the food textures look fucking delicious.

youtube.com/watch?v=rxpzxzfars8

Spawning renewed interest in good things is always, always good. You only think it isn't because now you can't be unique for knowing a thing.

early protodisney cartoon about the KKK grinding dogs into sausages:
dailymotion.com/video/x3a8w7i

man the 3d backgrounds in this cartoon used to scare the fuck out of me as a child, did not expect that

but 90s cartoons are shit

BTAS is literal garbage

I watched a VHS recording of this almost every other day when I was a kid at my Grandma's
Why were cartoons so much better back then? Everything from the animation to music and story is better than 90% of shit that comes out now

>Why were cartoons so much better back then?

They didn't have the stigma of being a "kids only" medium, so creators put real effort into them

Because it was before TV. These were theatrical cartoons with relatively large budgets. Modern animated shows are made with a pittance in comparison

You should ask John K

Humpty Dumpty Junior.
youtube.com/watch?v=wSKmGmA8pb4

>If you want another good modern cartoon that pays homage to those old cartoons Over the Garden Wall is a great choice.

Being retarded on purpose again user?