How old were you during 9/11 and what did you experience and think about it at the time? I'll start:

How old were you during 9/11 and what did you experience and think about it at the time? I'll start:

>In 1st grade
>In school the day after 9/11
>Teacher tries to explain what had happened and why it was important
>Tells us to write a letter or draw a picture for someone in the US who'd lost a family member in the attack
>I don't really understand what had happened and instead draw planes shooting at the towers before getting bored halfway through and drawing King Kong hanging from one of the towers swatting at them

11 years old. My father had just bought me a new bike and we were driving back to home when in the radio they announced the attacks.

My father, being a ex-communist party member and generally idolizing Soviet Union was in joyous mood and quite frankly told me that America deserved it. I did not think 2 shits about it back then.

>8 years old
>nobody talks about it at school day of
>parents tell me when i get home
>love mysteries, think the event was super interesting without comprehending the gravity of the situation

>next day
>teachers say anyone that talks about it will get sent to the principal
>think this seems a little fucked up and talk about it anyway
>get sent home, parents are fine with it

>be 19
>Be watching Blues Brothers in my student halls
>Get call from my mom after first tower was hit
>Go to friends flat
>Watch second tower get hit
>Ohshit.jpg
>Hour or two later
>So what do you want to do now?
>Went out drinking and whoring as usual
Nothing much changed in my world, I remember watching the iraq invasion later on but desu it was all like watching a tv show.

>I was in the 3rd grade
>came back from lunch
>homeroom teacher tells class about the twin towers in the US exploding and falling down
>I didn't really care and nobody seemed to and we all went on with the lesson.

I was 4, don't remember shit.

I was 10 and I just got home to watch Knight Rider on TV when it was showing the burning towers instead
I was a bit confused

> 9 years old
> Turn on tv to watch cartoons before school
> The fuck is this shit.
> flicking through channels
> fucking pissed off no cartoons
> Next day still no cartoons
> RREEEEEEEE

Your dad is stupid

I was 22, on a protection detail in FL. First plane was announced, thought it was an accident. Second plane hit, knew something was wrong, but I had a job to do. That's about the extent of it.

>8 years old
>got home from school
>mother is desperate because the planes hit the tower
>she tells me me about it
>i see it on the tv
>believed it was only a movie

Its funny to think that 9/11 had such a big impact on the emotional state of a person who never set foot on the US, my mother was very sad and shocked about it for a couple days.

24 and I'll regret not going to war for the rest of my life.

Day after my 11th birthday. No mention at school on the day but when my mum pulled up at home with my brother and I the next door neighbor (young earth creationist with his own specific church following) came out and said how world war 3 had just started.

Mfw Bob was right.

>16
>get to school that morning
>hear rumors about a plane hitting the towers
>figure it was some little plane like a cesna or some shit and an accident.
>Later find out it was a big ass jumbo jet
>every body goes into auditorium with TVs, watch second plane hit and towers come down
>later on hear pentagon got hit
>wondered who did it, was it russia are we going to war lol?
>wonder what would happen if they managed to take out the government
>have a hearty lol and wait to see what exciting times I'll be living in
>go about business as usual

Jesus you guys are all kids. I was 21, and stared at the television all day long.

>7
>in grandparents house
>seen towers fall
>wow cool demolition

i lived in monmouth county nj by sandy hook where the coast guard is stationed. I remember seeing the black smoke in the distance as the towers burned

Texas here.

I was in 3rd grade Spanish class telling the teacher her classroom smelled like low tide. After class we were all brought together in homeroom and placed in front of a television showing the footage on mute while the teacher attempted to interpret for us. She really didn't say anything of use or substance and I went home that evening still a blank slate. My father propagated that "the towel-heads did it" and that is literally all I had to go on. The next day, in an involuntary spasm, I arose and called out the only Middle Eastern child in our class (whose name was ironically Mohammed) and said simply "Your people knocked down our buildings." Everyone was quite and the teacher simply said "Sit down.'"

Thats was the day I realized my family was a bunch of burgers.

My mom is American but I'm born Canadian. She picked me up for lunch (unexpected, even then I'd go with my friends for a slice of pizza at the place near my grade school, she was just waiting with the car outside the school) and we went to Burger King. I remember her trying to tell me about it but I just didn't follow along very easily. I remember that all pretty well, and I don't remember much else from when I was 11.

>I'll take things that never happened for $500 Alex.

2001?
I was 14
I just heard it via the grapevine at school
"Ah shit, this'll eat up all the TV time for days"
And lo it did come to pass.

>3rd grade
>Teachers crying in the hallways, as they forced us to watch this partially unattended.
>I went to the bathroom and puked when the second plane hit, kid that went with me upon teachers request, said I made it up.
>Go home and watch the news for 3 hours, then closed out the day with Digimon World

Literally the day I started watching the news hoping to see happenings.

All I remember was sitting on the couch drinking chocolate milk, and waiting for my mom to get ready to take me to school.
Saw the second plane hit live. Shit was crazy

I was 12 I remember coming home from school and it was on tv,I never really understood the implications of it but I do remember thinking how are they going to put out the fire,never even considered it a possibility they would collapse.

39. I remember thinking that a whole bunch of democrats just got burned alive and squished.

> 1st grade, 3rd grade in 2001
this fucking board is full of minors

Someone in another thread had a story I found hilarious

>September 11th, at home.
>Masturbating
>Dad bolts in the room
>SON THE TOWERS GOT ATTACKED BY TERRORISTS
>proceed to watch news with him rest of the day without it being brought up, ever.

>7 years old
>Get home from school
>Can't play Paper Mario 64 because everyone just wants to keep watching the news
"Why can't I play? They just keep showing the same thing over and over"
>Referring to the news just showing the footage of the towers getting hit over and over.
>Parents try to explain the importance of what happened
>Still don't care, I just want to play Paper Mario
>Go to my room and play Yu-Gi-Oh on my Gameboy colour until the TV was free.

This

>6
>didn't really understand what was going on and why my mom was crying
>just remember being generally confused when the second plane hit, because i didn't get that it was an attack, I thought the first one was an accident

I was 11
They called us in for an assembly at school
I got all excited because they made it sound like aliens had landed in New York

It was my first day of preschool and 8 days before my 4th birthday.

Saw my mum and dad around the tv.
I remember thinking that it was like watching a film / regular tv explosion. I don't think the gravity of it really hit me. I could have had more concern for the people affected, but I think I was eager to play video games.

And to think after 15 years the general public will be made aware on what really happened

Hands down the best N64 game. Good choice leaf.

Holy shit, someone here is older than me.

I was 5 I don't remember

NEVER FORGET!

I was 11, my babysitter picked me up from school and told me about it. I laughed thinking it was funny that a plane had crashed into a building. It wasn't until I got home and saw the footage that I realised how terrible it was, my babysitter was an old woman and didn't explain anything, I figured it was a little cesna or something, not two airliners.

5th grade. Felt indifferent because i was too worried about not getting caught playing pokemon in school.

James?

Jesus, you were just a faggot

> 33
>eating toast and tea for breakfast
> watching news. First plane had already hit.
>saw second plane hit live on TV
> hmmm that doesn't look good
> went to work as normal
>didn't really think anything more of it that day.

I was 9, in fourth grade. Kids started getting called out of class one by one, then the teachers just let everyone from every class out into the hallway. My mom came and got me and we walked home. I asked her if what was happening was dangerous and she said "yes" and I started freaking out thinking that people were gonna jump out from behind the corner and shoot us at any second, but then she tried to comfort me and said it was already over. Then we went home and watched the news.

I was 8 and made fun of it. I had a friend and we were into dark humor, so we drew comics with osama, muslims bombing shit up and niggers doing nigger things. Feels nostalgic desu.

I was in that thread too. Funny shit.

Why does that exist

Lol ur old.

I was 8
didn't give a single flying fuck.

I remember seeing the 2nd tower going down live. lmao

I was 25. Was living in OR. Grew up in MA and had been to the top of the towers twice. Was a very fucked up day.

>19 years old, getting ready for work
>phone rings, girlfriend answers
>something about a plane hitting the WTC
>that sucks, go to work
>didn't realize the extent of habbening
>boss is glued to the TV at work
>2nd tower is hit as soon as I look at the TV
>HOLY FUCK THEY HIT THE OTHER ONE!
>work a mile from a major airport, the silence of grounded planes is deafening
>go home, get drunk, get laid knowing that everything will change now

>be 16
>wew a cool movie in the middle of a day
>wait not a movie
>double wew
>next day nobody gives a fuck

I was 26 at the time, and I began masturbating feverishly when I heard the news.

Jesus Christ.

You are a true American

Your school handled it wrong.

I was 15 and had just finished my paper route. It was weird because all the kids at school were talking about it. But we're like a world away from the US so it did not seem to affect us that much. Still remember it being on every news channel for the entire day and the footage being played again and again.

This is lengthy and easily on of the worst day of my life

>be 12
>at school in Brooklyn
>class just but could heard panic in the hallways
>one teacher is hysterical and eventually passes out
>we learn that WTC was attacked
>learns said teacher worked in WTC and volunteered at my schools part time
>it was her day off
>looks out window
>can see building burning from my classroom window
>teacher tried to teach but he was having it
>we stood at the windows for an hour talking about it
>I got back to my desk
>one girl screamed" It's Falling!"
>runs to the window
>catches glimps of the first building falling with own eyes
>we all started crying
>later second building falls we are dismissed from school

>goes home
>its hot but had to keep the windows close because you could smells the burning from my house
>moms and dad are zombies
>its lil bro birthday but we could even celebrate
>older brother not home
>bro had interview at WTC that day
>we watch movies ( no tv / phone signal) as we wait
>late night
>bro comes home
>parents beats is ass
>said he afraid to leave Manhattan so he stay at a friends house
>happiest moment of my li

>Gee NSA, I think I should write you some metadata on identifying me.
Fucking

>be kindergartner
>teacher's aide runs into classroom and turns news on
>teacher panics and puts us all down for naptime because she didn't know to deal with a crisis

>next day
>just drawing like i always did
>draw a plane crashing into the towers
>get sent to principal's office

>7th grade, waiting for math class to start
>math teacher that frequently makes shitty jokes enters the classroom
>"Terrorists flew planes into the Twin Towers and both of them collapsed."
>class room is quiet
>I break the silence and tell the teacher I don't believe him
>he turns on the TV
>watch the news for the rest of class
>continue watching the news for the rest of the day in each class
>jet fuel can't melt steel beams

*we wasn't having it
*life

Yep. My knees hurt and my shit looks like chocolate mousse.

Getting old sucks. At least I'll be dead before the Muslim hoards overtake my country so I suppose that's a good thing.

>be 19
>driving in car on way to park to meet grandpa and Howard Stern says plane flew into WTC
>think they mean small Cesna
>hang out with grandpa for short while and leave him with his brother
>in car hear Howard Stern say second plane hit and they are commercial airliners
>turn around and go back to park to tell grandpa
>grandpa in awe: "we're at war" and leaves
>get home turn on tv and 5 minutes later first tower collapses

7. Was probably thinking about graham crackers or something. No one told me anything and I still don't know how I found out about it.

>jet fuel can't melt steel beams

fascinating hypothesis, chum

Gave me goosebumps.

1st grade, mother driving me to school trying not to cry, tells me that "you should never forget what happened today".

>Was 3+1/2.
>Not really understanding physics and stuff
>Only frame of reference was playing with hot wheels and cardboard bricks
>Wondering where the plane had gone, because when I'd been playing with my toys, the blocks ended up in a big pile on the floor.
>Big pile of rubble on the streets of Jew York City, but no plane.

My real thoughts on that day.
Spent the rest of my childhood reenacting the day's happenings with cardboard blocks and metal planes

I was 20 and had the day off from work. Stayed home and watched the news all day. Started becoming more interested in politics/current events after that.

>being so autistic you unironically think that you're above 150IQ and that a greentext story will help nsa identify you when you probably already browse the internet without a proxy

Lucky dude man. Sounds fucking scary man.

I hope you don't mind if I still meme the shit out of the attack tho.

I was 13

>live in CT and hour away from NYC
>teachers start running down the halls screaming we are under attack
>MFW both my parents worked in NYC
>Theyredead.mp4
>Get called to principles office
>My mom called, said her and my father were ok
>Get taken out of school for the rest of the afternoon and watch what happened on news for the rest of the night.
>MFW my father works for fox news and witnessed the entire thing with his own two eyes, even filmed people jumping from the towers
>MFW CIA and FBI interrogate him for hours after the attacks and is told not to tell anyone what he has seen
>MFW he came home and said it looked exactly like a controlled demolition
>hesright.jpg
>never explained what happened to building 7
>never really talks about it anymore

Oh forgot to say. My parents I don't know why, didn't have the TV on all the time like some people do. I remember finding out about it like this

>Day after
>Sitting on my Dad's lap
>He's reading the paper
>Front page is picture of big fireball against the building
>I'm asking Daddy where the plane went

First year of high school, I was going through an anti-american phase so the attacks made me glad. Little did I know that this was the beginning of the end of freedom in the west. I wrote an e-mail to my American friends and told them I was really sorry and also hoped they wouldn't go to war. The didn't respond. I was 14.

Keep an eye out within these e-mail dumps.

9/11 truth in the midst of revelations. Much autist level connection need from you fags. Get to work.

get kek?

It happened during our nighttime iirc and I our teacher told us during first period and we had a moment of silence and then she explained where and what the twin towers even were since only a couple of kids knew.

Damn commie dad, expected more from a fin

Wow.

>Don't tell anyone what you saw
What's that shit?

They're college age and beyond now. Don't be ageist, racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic REEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

>be in america
>couple days after 9/11
>my family died in the attacks
>very sad
>get letter from someone in Australia
>it's a picture of planes shooting at the towers
>mfw

I was 14 and I remember right after hearing the news in school, making a joke about how they should've finished the job and hit the white house because I was an edgy faggot back then.

Sweden, wtf is this shit?

34 at the time. I was wasting money in Tijuana since Sun 9/9. I was in Adelitas when the planes hit. The whole club's mood took a shit.

I took a mexi bitch outside and did key bumps with her till our cab showed up. Spent the rest of the week snorting and fucking.

The latter half of the week is still a blur.

Elementary school, got to go home early. Made towers with legos and crashed planes into them while watching CNN

>1st grade
>Was doing social studies assignement at the time.
>The day beford, our teacher gave a lecture on bad dictators like Hilter, Pinochet, and Saddam.
>Hmmm, something doesn't seem kosher but whatever.
>Just as we were doing our assignment, the teacher starts to tell us that a plane has crashed into the world trade center.
>She is on the computer and allows us to see the web article online with an image of the 1st tower on fire.
>Jesus, it must have been an accident
>Teacher is utter shock. Many us were picked up early from school.
>When I get home, I see the footage of the second plane hitting the tower
>This can't be real
>Mom proceeds to tell me that it was the towel heads. They hated America since the 80s.
>Dad comes home early fron work. It seems like America was under attack.
And ever since then I always will and forever have a grudge against the muslism. I wished I joined the army years ago so I could take some pot shots at some camel jokeys. Now they are everywhere.

Couple of kids knew cuz they overheard their parents planning it

top lel

>be in 4h grade
>mom- user theres no school tomorrow there was a terrible planecrash into a building a lot of people died. There is no school tomorrow
>no school *fist pump* yaaaaasss
>user wtf is wrong with you???! This is serious.
>kay im gonna go outside I guess.

12 or so.
I was play RA2 on the mission where you invade NY and blow these two up.
The coincidence was just striking.

haha i said the same thing except said the statue of liberty. It's funny how unaware we were as kids.

I was in grade 2 when it happened, but I don't remember hearing about it.

In fact I didn't actually know about 9/11 until grade 7.

Edgy before it was cool!

This is like a scene out of a Speilberg movie.

Bob ?

>9th grade
>hear a commotion in the cafeteria while walking around the hall during lunch break
>principle announces what happened on the loud speaker
>run outside to my friends screaming about how WWIII is starting
>was actually pretty excited

>be me, 10 years old
>tuesday morning
>have fairy god parents
>wish that school was canceled

and it was

I was like 4 or 5, parents didn't tell me, other kids mentioned it, but I didn't know what it was until I was in like middle school iirc.

I was in 5th grade. I just remember the teachers acting all weird that morning. They let us go out and play kickball for a few hours which never happened before, and when we went back inside they decided to tell us what happened.

I just remember the first thing I said when I got home was "World War III is about to start, isn't it?"

A FUCKING LEAF

i was 13, i remember being at my grandmoms and we didnt have any fruitloops left