KONFAGS GET IN HERE

What are your expectations?
Will Tynion fuck it up?
Will he be incredibly gay with Tim?
Will he be a good brother to best boy Bizarro?

Tynion is a fucking terrible writer
Kon has been dead since Johns started writing him anyways

It's sad that the last good writer on Detective Comics was Scott Snyder.

I imagine they'll ex machina him into the universe a la Wally. The better question is, what's his new history going to be when they merge him into Prime Earth?
A late Kryptonian arrival like Kara?
Clone again?
Jons big brother?
Power Girl's son?

Oh great, we get to see Conner jealous of Jon

Anyone else starting to suspect that Rebirth is nothing more than pandering to 90s and 00s comic book fans, the way they used to pander to Silver Age fans?

Only way it works is if we get douchebag first appearance Kon-El. None of that emo bullshit Superboy or Young Justice/Titans Superboy.

Have him be the USAgent of the Superman family; the douchebag with a heart of gold

I agree with you, but better that crowd than the crowd Marvel keeps flagellating themselves to please.

>not him being an onii-chan to Jon

If he returns which Superboy do you want to win the M'gannbowl.

Has M'gann even appeared in Rebirth yet?

this is such a great year for the super family

There was a sorta flashfoward of Jon on a team with M'gann in the background.

M'gann a shit. Conner is for Cassie Cain

I say merge Kon with Kenan

With jon being superboy, is he gonna go as ultra boy or something

Power Boy?

Jon is lowkey Superboy. Conner can be in the public more.

Bet he will return as an evil clone. Will die too soon.

They already brought back Chris as an evil counterpart to Jon

metropolis kid

Supernova?
Or just Kon-El, it worked for Mon

Tynion never fucks up because he never takes any risks. One of the blandest writers of the big two, that is only there 'cause he's buddies with Snyder.

Chris is a shit anyway.

Only in the Young Justice cartoon.

i say your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

Kenan already fills that role fine.

>Will he be incredibly gay with Tim?

Hopefully.

>This never happened and never will
>Linda is never coming back

That was the blonde girl he knows from Hamilton. She's an alien, but not M'gann.

good taste

I hope they gave him his personality and costume from the 90s.

>tripfag
opinion discarded

No there was another one. It had jon and Supes fighting cuz Jon was out of control and m'gann was laying in the background with ravager and some others.

Patrician taste, besides the other Cass has been a slut since the NEW52.

Because it sells books unlike trying to appeal to people who say they are fans but only buy shirts.

not at all
Kyle doesn't have his own series, Guy isn't Warrior, Tim isn't being circlejerked and there's not a few dozen literately random characters with ongoings that no one read

>Tarr not drawing a cute 90s Kon
>having a shit artist draw it instead

Pandering to your audience? Blasphemy. We need more forced diversity instead. Where's Helena taking over as Batman? IT WAS HER TURN!!!

I don't think so but I don't read every single book obviously. J'onn was teased in a Superman issue IIRC but otherwise DC is just pretending Martians don't exist

Found it. Upper right corner.
So somebody remembers she exists.

He's already in the universe. When the two Supermen merged (old and New 52) they retold the Reign of the Supermen during the established new setting. Clark noted something felt still missing around that time period.

>current year it's controversial to give fans what they want

Marvel has truly screwed up the industry beyond repair.

which comic?

Merged? when? Last I saw was nu52 sups dissolve into dust.

>Will Tynion fuck it up?
Does a bear shit in the woods?

I like you.

It's Action comics or Superman. I can't remember which but it one of them.

Fuck i wanna say Action because it was Supes fears and this was one of them.

It was later revealed that Superman was split into two halves (along with Lois). Jon found the New 52 Supes and Lois. Then due to the love they had for Jon they beat Mxy then merged with the other halves. Some of the New 52 Supes is back in canon. The relationship with Wonder Woman parts aren't.

I hope he's allowed to be Kon and not a new character with no history with the same name.

Couldn't just be men, and kill the fucker for good measure hu. The Kents were already dead, it wouldn't have been hard.

>Tim's back
>Kon's back
WHERE THE FUCK IS BART?

I WANT YOUNG JUSTICE BACK TOGETHER.

He's abandoned Solstice in the future

he deserves to stay dead until she comes back

Thats was Barr Tarr.

Superman, the recent story with him fighting Parallax, i don't exactly remember the number but it must be four or five issues ago.

I mean Bart Allen not whatever the fuck that nu52 abomination was.

Impulse was immune to timeline changes so he should have just been regular old Impulse during that nu52 shit.

I want bizarro, Jon and Connor to go on brother adventures

I assume he'll absorb the left over super man radiation?

SOON

more like them trying to integrate the 90s instead of forgetting it like they were doing for the last 10 years

His history wouldn't make since because 1.iris isnt from the future anymore
2.the tornado twins were evil

The twins could be be evil but its not set in stone.

bart is still immune to timeline changes though, it was one unique part of his creation.

a bit like constantine sort of I guess?

It's Kon from Titans of Tomorrow. Who gucking cares about him

Honestly, Kon from Titans of Tomorrow is what I thought of when Tynion said that he is going to appear. I don't know what people excepted since if they planned to bring him back, iy woulde be in AC or Superman (or even TT).

yes!

*John Layman

Superlad

What costume should he have? His t-shirt and jeans look, or the best costume to ever grace a cape comic?

I'd like something close to Superbro's suit, but capeless and with maybe a light jacket over it, and a darker blue to differentiate from Clark

Also dont have a weird high collar like Superbro

That look for Kon in H'el on Earth was the only good thing in that event

He's going to rescue Tim from himself when they try to runaway from Oz's dimensional fortress.

Is Chris really evil now, tho?

Yep

Well, that doesn't say a lot by itself tho. It just says that he's with his parents from a starting point. He's a kid, probably with a kid's mentality: not necessary evil.

I still cannot deal with his new design.
Damn, Chris was a sweet-goodboy-looking always

Rebirth is a bunch of 6/10 7/10 meat and potatoes books, with chink Superman being the only exception.

it still hasnt had great books like the New 52 had (animal man, swamp thing, azz wonderwoman as much as it triggers people, omega men, the morrison comics)
the big sins of new 52 were black wally west, new lobo, and venditti green lantern

We need something to distinguish them, and Kon came first how about Superboy Prime

Don't worry. Once he befriends the Super Sons he will lose the edgy look.

Nou just know he'll clash against Jon at some point in the future.

While I admit John's Kon is not the same Kon as 90's Kon, I still like him.

on regard to Young Justice members, have they fixed Wonder Girl's origin yet? or they are ignoring her like Bart?

and hopefully he will lose that shitty haircut too

Flash War

She can only come back if she's preFP version, not the shitter smoke version

Puberty is hard, especially if your daddy is a big shot villain

>What are your expectations?
Low enough to be able to enjoy whatever Tynion comes up with
>Will Tynion fuck it up?
Probably
Complete with a beard for each of them
>Will he be a good brother to best boy Bizarro?
When the crossover comes, sure

Rebirth. Or in other words, aggressively mediocre. Rebirth for short.

The second you said

New 52 had higher highs and lower lows. But there were only a few great books and many aggravating ones. The whole superman and teen line was horrible for a while.

You just reminded me of New52 Blue Beetle.
Why would you do that?

Conner can be Flamebird and team up with Nightwing. Or better yet, bring back Bart and have them and Tim get together to form the Young Justice trio again.

>Anyone else starting to suspect that Rebirth is nothing more than pandering to 90s and 00s comic book fans

Yes, and this is a good thing. It's what got me back to DC after quitting in N52. Although I think it's a bit more than just pandering.

It's exactly what said.

If you feel like reading, here's a quote from Moore that I feel is relevant to this:

>I believe this is dangerous for a couple of reasons. Firstly, by establishing the precedent
of altering time, you are establishing an unconscious context for all stories that take place
in the future, as well as for those which took place (or rather didn't take place) in the past.
The readers of long standing, somewhere along the line, are going to have some slight
feeling that all the stories that they followed avidly during their years of involvement with the book have been in some way invalidated, that all those countless plotlines weren't leading to anything more than what is in some respects an arbitrary cut-off point. By extension, the readers of today might well be left with the sensation that the
stories they are currently reading are of less significance or moment because, after all, at
some point ten years in the future some comic book omnipotent, be it an editor or the
Spectre, can go back in time and erase the whole slate, ready to start again. I myself felt
something similar at the end of the first Superman film, when he turns time back to save Lois. It ruined the small but genuine enjoyment that I'd got from that first movie and
destroyed all credibility for any of the following sequels as far as I was concerned.

Tynion needs to man up and make them bi. Do something risky for once in your milquetoast life, good god. Give me my polyamorous young justice trinity (I like Steph but she's much better without Tim)

Hopefully not shit, but given the track record with the YJ4 since YJ ended, probably shit. He's not even coming back in a Super book, so prospects are already dim.
>Will Tynion fuck it up?
It'll probably be more disappointing than anything else.
Almost certainly. Doesn't Tynion legit ship them?
>Will he be a good brother to best boy Bizarro?
We can only hope, OP.

>emo bullshit Superboy
>Young Justice
What?

Tynion ships them but making them get together is definitely not his call. Based on the preview though he's probably going to lean into that as much as he can.

I'd rather The Family Zod not really get into being evil. Just have a comically surreal rivalry with The Kents.

Few generations it evolves into a Summertime Meet Up. Trophies are showcased boasting is made. Baseball is played and Clark and Zod toss some banter.

He's in a perfect position to push for it behind the scenes. He's got an in with Snyder, who DC loves for some reason, he's actually bi himself and could convince DC that he can write a good story for it, and these characters have more homoeroticisms in their histories than fucking Iceman. Tynion's probably too chickenshit to even try though

Emo Bullshit Jon was a thing in the Young Justice cartoon, which drew far more from Johns era Titans than Y2K itself.

Ah, I never watched it. YJ to me will always be PAD's run.