Is this where Norman Osborn is going now?

Norman Osborn is now interested in magic. So, who wants to bet he could turn into something like the DemoGoblin?

>Norman Osborn is now interested in magic
This is a stupid development.

I feel like for a long time now, Marvel has no idea what the fuck they want to do with him.

>initial motivation is that he wants to basically be the Kingpin of the NYC but with a theatrical flare to it and without ruining his public reputation
>because he learns Spidey's ID, he has to consistently forget he even is the Green Goblin
>eventually dies
>Clone Saga becomes such a shitshow, they need to retcon Norman into this master manipulator, which works for the most part
>writers just start throwing shit at the wall, like him buying the Bugle or Gathering of Five bullshit
>Norman no longer interested in running shit, EVERYTHING is about Peter Parker from straight up wanting to murder him to wanting him to becomg his heir
>eventually Bendis reveals his public ID with fucking Luke Cage
>this completely destroys the Goblin aspect as he's now in jail
>OMD happens and now he doesn't even know who Spider-man is, losing the personal angle with Peter Parker, setting the stage for being a generic 616 supervillain
>Ellis writes the best version of him in Thunderbolts where he's again about amassing power but now through the goverment
>Dark Reign happens, he's now evil Nick Fury, even gets his own Illuminati and basically becomes Marvel's Lex Luthor
>Bendis cuts it short, has him lose power in a retarded way
>while all this happens there's suddenly a fucking Goblin Cult
>then Bendis turns him into a super adaptoid
>Slott turns him into Doc Ock's worst enemy cause reasons
>Slott then turns him into a low-rent Dr. Doom
>now he wants to be a low-rent Baron Mordo

I'm getting real sick of this shit.

The entire marvel universe should be interested in learning magic or using their chi. It can only benefit their already super human abilities.

If you're looking at it from a Watsonian view, then yeah there's no reason to not want to learn martial arts (which leads to chi) and magic. But from a Doylist perspective I think writers like to keep things in separate little niches and are terrible at keeping track of that kind of thing. Like remember when Shang Chi helped Spider-Man create a personalized martial arts style? Spider-Man sure doesn't.

Isn't baron Mordo himself already a low rent Baron Mordo? I mean, talk about a shitty villain

Who are Watson and Doyle, user?

Nope. I don't believe you. I might have believed you if you'd asked what watsonian and doylist meant, but nope.

>now
didn't he first get interested magic way back in Circle of Four?

Seriously? Is the average Sup Forumsmrade this fucking stupid or is it just Spiderfags?

Martial arts becomes irrelevant when you have super human reflexes, speed, and power. I agree with you about magic thing though.

Sup Forums gets traffic from Sup Forums posters pretending to be Sup Forumsmblr.

You're suppose to ignore bait. Not reply to it.

>I feel like for a long time now, Marvel has no idea what the fuck they want to do with him.

I honestly think bringing him back harmed the character far more than did any good.

And arguably there's a lot of characters where it feels like Marvel has no idea what the fuck they want to do with, either.

>This is a stupid development.
This is one of the most interesting changes to status quo I have seen in a while and I hope it sticks.

Not that I will be reading it of course because
>modern marvel

>Marvel has no idea what the fuck they want to do with him.
>Marvel does something with him
>This is a stupid development.
Well, fuck user, wht do (you) think should be done with him?

But that just cheapens the whole thing.
people like Dr. Strange is special because he knows magic, but with things like that just shows he isn't and anybody in any moment can learn about it.
The same thing with Stark's armor, it isn't that special if anybody can build one in his basement.

Dr. Strange is special because he isn't just some sorcerer. He's the Sorcerer Supreme. It's like comparing a kid black belt to fucking bruce lee.

How about all the other magical heroes?
they are not really special then because anybody can learn that.
I'm gonna mention Scarlet Witch as an exception before you have another nitpicking attack.

Seems pretty likely and ironic. Macendale went the same route when nobody had the Stromm serum at the time he became Hobgoblin. So he settled with demon possession.

If you're gonna boil stuff down like that you gotta start doing it for all characters who share abilities or skills with another hero or villain.

It doesn't really mean shit and doesn't take away from a good character.

Are all the other magical heroes/villeins doing cheap parlor tricks?

Unless Norman develops Strange/Doom level feats of magic then knowing some noob spells or having tokens that have a huge cost doesn't subtract from them. You might as well complain that villeins that can fly make Norman look like amateur hour.

No, it's pretty clear he's going to get the Carnage symbiote considering they're hinting that he's the main villain of the 2018 Spider-event while also heavily hinting that the 2018 Spider-event is Maximum Carnage II.

But Carnage lost his magic powers at the end of his ongoing. Why would Norman go after him if he's on a magic quest?

>yfw Norman becomes the new Sorceror Supreme and forms a new villainous version of the Midnight Sons
The obvious members would be:
Norman = Dr. Strange
Vengenace = Ghost Rider
Dracula = Morbius

He's not specifically on a magic quest. He's just on a quest to find a new source of power that'll make him insane again since his biology is rejecting the goblin serum and his willpower is too strong to allow things like hypnosis to bring his Green Goblin persona back.

Magic is just one potential source of power he's looking into. Presumably once that hits a dead end, he'll turn to getting a symbiote.