Batman White Knight

Is anybody else already REALLY sick of hearing about this comic? It had to write a Batman that's OOC even by Miller standards to make its "point" and yet I keep getting news articles popping up in my feed about how it's some daring unique take on the characters.

>Batman that's OOC
Elseworld.

Sure but when you're trying to write a critique about Batman and your starting point is a demonstrably unlike Batman person it seems to me that you've made the whole exercise pointless.

He's not terribly OOC, plus his daddy not father is dying so he's one edge.

>when you're trying to write a critique about Batman
So, now you're making shit up.

A centerpoint of the comic's opening IS about the leeway granted to people like Batman, yes. So when the Batman does not behave like a normal Batman that angle no longer makes sense. By all means tell me what the comic is about if you disagree.

>hating Miller
Good goy

This comic has serious logical issues in regards to the Batman-Joker dynamic.

Like Joker is presented as a relatively harmless petty thief with a flair for theatricality who hasnt killed anyone but Batman is ASBAR Millerbats to the max for no reason.

How do you fail at reading comprehension so badly?

>feed

Delete it. Social media is a cancer

The book is not so good, but most comic books published in recent years are like that. The art is really good but I don't know why the characters don't look fine except for Batgirl and Nightwing.

White Knight is part of a new appoach DC is trying, oneshots, minis or GNs normies can read easily or whatever can add variety though it's still batman.

I really don't get why Sean Murphy has so much hype about him, he's just some sketchy line drawing punk with no real discipline. Like 30 years ago he'd probably be rejected from mainstream Batman comics for being too inconsistent and not having a proper grasp on anatomy.

I went through a torrent of Batman comics years ago and read a bunch of 70's-80's stuff, and the more I studied art, the more impressed I got by artists a lot of people would take for granted now.A lot of people write off old comic art as being boring or generic, but it takes real skill to crank out such work; doing realistic faces and clothing, scenes and settings. Now any fool can draw some heavily stylized crap and call it "cartooning", toss abunch of lines everywhere, and hide things in shadows and filters.

>Now any fool can draw some heavily stylized crap and call it "cartooning", toss abunch of lines everywhere, and hide things in shadows and filters.
I think you need to study some more art if you think that's all Murphy does.

It's obviously about vigilantism going too far, not about any canon version of Batman. It's not specifically critiquing Batman himself but the idea of vigilantism, therefore it's an Elseworlds where Batman acts like an out of control vigilante instead of his normal self.

Killing Joke would be a critique about Batman, for instance.

It's fine. It's not great but I like elseworlds books.

I think he's mixing the western and manga styles, he's experimenting with it cause when an artist in manga doesn't have to worry about how realistic the characters look he can focus on detailed backgrounds andmovement besides this type of design is well received by normies

This. I don't even see the point of using the Joker in this, if he's not going to be the Joker. This Joker isn't a mass murderer and might not even be a murderer at all. White Knight goes out of its way to point out that the Joker's never even attacked any Arkham guards or other inmates, and he's never been convicted of anything other than armed robbery.

On the other hand, you have a Batman who is completely fine with slamming into guards that get into his way without giving half a shit, who then beats the ever-loving fuck out of someone who by Gotham standards is a petty crook, before then shoving an entire bottle full of pills down said petty crook's throat.

We've got a violent as fuck Batman for no good reason, and a Joker who isn't the Joker, and the whole thing feels like bad fanfic, with the characters being forced into these roles just to prove the author's point.

Nevermind the other stuff like the clunky dialogue in general, or how Barbara called Batman Bruce in front of a bunch of cops as they're all being filmed.

First: It's a fucking elseworlds, you fucking autists.
Second: The Joker wasn't always a mass murderer/serial killer.
Third: It's been only one issue and there are many things we don't know yet.

It isn't in continuity Joker was the mayor's wife once lol I don't care, I mean, do you remember Morrison's Joker?

>Batman =/= Batman

Mmkay

>a Joker who isn't the Joker

I'll just leave this here for all of you with Heinsbergen syndrome who think he's OOC.

If there were an elseworlds story about Animal Man viciously burning the Condiment King with a flamethrower because he robbed a blood bank that would then became about said Condiment King suing the pants off of the Chicago police force, saying "It's an elseworlds story!" doesn't make it any less stupid or the characters any less pointlessly cast.