Thought you ought to know that Harry Potter is actually a great movie franchise and people on Sup Forums just like to...

Thought you ought to know that Harry Potter is actually a great movie franchise and people on Sup Forums just like to pretend it's bad or dull

Attached: 375833254.png (751x528, 554K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BbY4ojkqZxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The "No!" always gets me.

Dull

It's okay, but it wouldn't have happened if people just used guns instead of wands.

Imagine being so insecure about liking childrens series that you need to make this thread

Why can't Sup Forums adult children just stay on Sup Forums??

the chris columbus and alfonso curaon ones are okay but the rest are pretty generic plot dumps with no style or reason for existing.

the final two films are so boring and dull looking I'm amazed that they're praised at all.

>only muslim wizard
>turns out to be a terrorist

What did JK Rowling mean by this? I thought she was progressive. Was adding feminist qualities to the book and making dumbledoor gay a way of implementing islamaphobia?

nah

I love the books though

Harry Potter is one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects—all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody—just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>The books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King

Attached: 1488840314885.jpg (1594x2857, 560K)

>when you make an entire thread just for someone to post the "No!" pasta in reply
based

who the fuck reads to begin with?

reading books alone is one of the dullest things ever

They should've kept Columbus and/or Cuaron for the rest of the series, split GoF into two and keep DH as one, it would've been so much better. Like you said, after PoA every film felt like they were just putting the minimum necessities to vaguely understand the plot on camera and nothing else.

I vastly prefer the books as well, the films are nice as a companion product but I never go back and watch them again while I regularly revisit the books.

nah

Attached: radcliffe.jpg (747x259, 82K)

fucking lol'd @ the direct opening

actually I remembered liking Goblet of Fire too and I just looked it up and saw that David Yates directed all the ones that are utterly plodding and generic so I guess he's what killed the franchise creatively speaking.

why they keep bringing him back is a mystery but I guess he's super good at pitch meetings.

GoF was enjoyable but a really rushed adaptation of the book which is why I think it should've been two parts.
Everything after that is Yates fucking things up by doing the bare minimum to bring the books to life on screen though, lacking any personal touch or bringing anything interesting to the table. And out of everyone they picked him to direct all the Fantastic Beasts films. The only reason I can think of why he's still employed is that he must have some incriminating evidence or something Hollywood doesn't want to get out

>Umbridge gets into the room of requirement by saying 'bombarda maxima'
>Harry can't work out how to get at Draco when he's in the room in the next film

Attached: 1520671349768.jpg (200x250, 17K)

I haven't seen Fantastic Beasts but I did see his Tarzan which was literally the worst film I saw that year. It looks so cheap and digital it's as if they filmed it on a 2010 Canon 5D.

and I seriously don't get why he keeps making all his films desaturated grey and brown. THEY'RE FILMS FOR KIDS for christssake. he makes film look like a living cemetery.

I honestly wonder what people who only watched the movies think of the story and plot
The movies skip so many things and leave so much unexplained I'm sure people who never read the books think it's garbage

Tbh even before the memeing I didn't get its pull.
I watched the first 3 in the cinema but then I was a kid.

it’s pretty amazing that they can’t grasp how boards work and look for any excuse to turn a thread into a Sup Forums thread.

jej this
based

based
>The books are g-g-good though
why is this different here?
still based

I'll take any personal changes in the pasta, however minor

should I watch it for the first time if I'm 30?

Attached: 1490539081997.gif (320x213, 1.3M)

Goblet of Fire was shit compared to the other movies.

The classic

"No!"

They're not terrible movies, so you could try. If you don't like the 2nd one, you should stop watching them.

I suppose you could still enjoy them at that age even if you've never seen them or read the books. Last year I watched them over a couple of weeks with a 27 year old friend who never saw them before and he ended up liking it, after the first four he was even pushing me to meet up again to watch the next one.

all right, I won't watch them

Attached: 1498727607825.jpg (480x480, 41K)

Why didn't anyone ask him why he wore the turban? If it had been pulled off and showed the other face, his whole master plan would've been ruined.

I think it might have been extremely painful, that is to say, for person that removed it.

I don't think the face was on there all the time, only when Voldemort wanted to see something and then only when he had enough power to do so.

Like when he wanted to talk to Harry at the end and Quirrell protested, saying he wasn't strong enough. Voldemort could probably only emerge from the back of Quirrell's head for short moments now and then providing he had some unicorn blood earlier.

So it's possible that if someone took that turban off, Voldemort could even die?

"No!"

Captain brainlet over here.

>t. has seen fewer than 200 films

maybe because Quirrell talks with a stutter?

For yew, which is a tree Voldemort was allergic to. But not from simply taking the turban off with your bare hands instead of with a branch of yew

Why didn't the wand shop guy just give Voldemort a yew wand?

Attached: frodo.png (396x395, 236K)

Attached: no.png (260x212, 4K)

the book says he keeps garlic in the turban and then its never mentioned again, guess he tried to annoy voldemort to go away

Am I the only one that finds Potterheads insufferable ? Childish ? Dull ?

Nothing wrong with being childish user, embrace it

youtube.com/watch?v=BbY4ojkqZxc
This was hot as fuck

Attached: Hermione_bellatrix.jpg (1920x1080, 915K)

Chinese Fireball, oooh.

It's because he's scared of vampires.

reminder that Hackling became a SJW

Attached: hermione_copy.jpg (900x450, 287K)

>no "DEH!"
I-is he alright?

stop

>ywn be tortured and sexually dominated by Bellatrix
I've fantasized about this so many times over the years. I just want one little thing in life, but no

Everyone that reads actual literature and watches film instead of movies

Attached: 1384969232721.jpg (737x642, 227K)

Was it NTR?

Attached: dc92e6dbc2ce3de02880421aacb6a378.jpg (500x363, 81K)

Joanne couldn't have been more of a woman with that plot point. Both the "taming the bad boy" and the "dark, tragic love" at the same time. Bravo.

>the chad aristo gryffindor
>the virgin halfblood slytherin

when will they make this a movie so everyone can realize how shit harry potter is

Attached: 81WmyLpandL.jpg (1037x1715, 349K)

It’s like Harry Potter, but if the main character was a 200 IQ genius with a photographic memory. Who also happens to be a master musician by age 15, and gets into the University with a Jojo level asspull.

Why is Snape spying on Harry and Ginny dancing? Is he crying because his waifu's son found happiness?

god harry potter is such a fucking beta male nerd compared to kvothe

I really like the first three, they are comfy as fuck. They get exponentially boring after 4 desu.

>Middle tier
>Ulysses

based, classic.

This image is so wrong it hurts. Putting war and peace in middle tier below great Gatsby and fucking atlas shrugged both in god tier? What the fuck is wrong with you?

>being this new

That's Harry's dad and mom

How am I new?

He's producing lube from his eyes to use for masturbation later on when he's alone in his office

Unbased dull poster

fuck off you retard

It's blatantly obvious Sup Forums likes HP because there are threads 24/7. Only about 20% is poor shitposting while the rest of it is genuine discussion.

EVERYTIME A CHARACTER WENT FOR A WALK

>retard spams a handful of same threads everyday from his phone and constantly self bumps them with inane questions
>It's blatantly obvious Sup Forums likes HP because there are threads 24/7
fucking yikes, /lit/ reject

S T R E T C H
T
R
E
T
C
H

The books are enjoyable. The movies are very inconsistent and a lot of them are a bit dull.

DEH!

Attached: deh.jpg (480x360, 6K)

What was the purpose of this character?

Attached: MYRTLE.png (786x328, 248K)

>Every
>fucking
>time

Attached: 1515128302292.jpg (900x675, 101K)

Based

Hermione was sitting alone by the fire in the common room studying for her charms exam when Harry and Ron came down from the boys dormitory.
"Hermione? What are you doing up at this hour?" asked Harry.
"Studying of course. I should ask you the same question." replied Hermione.
"Harry and I were about to see what Snape was doing on the third floor." said Ron, but just as those words came from his mouth a noise came from the direction of the armchair Hermione was sitting in, its source was unmistakable.
"Hermione...did you...did you just fart?" asked Harry.
"No, of course not, I mean...okay I farted. I had a very questionable tart at lunch and it has given me grief all day. Can we not make a big deal of this?" a very red faced Hermione asked as she sank in her chair. Just then a stench came to Harry and Ron's noses.
"Bloody hell Hermione!" Ron gasped as he plugged his nose and fanned the air.
"Oh come off it Ron, it was just a fart!" Shouted Hermione in a mixture of anger and embarrassment.

Attached: 110910-Hermione-5-400_0.jpg (276x276, 19K)

Cant tell if real or not

Attached: voldemort_harry_potter.jpg (717x462, 54K)

why doesn't he use magic and fix his teeth?

Why wouldn't Voldemoret fix his appearance in general? Surely he must realize that his power, charisma and leadership is top tier and tens of thousands of wizards support him but he could be even more successful if he wasn't so disgusting to look at.

Imagine if Voldemort looked like pic related, the entire rewarding world would support him!

Attached: Handsome Voldemort.jpg (400x489, 28K)

he should pour love potion into the water supply

She was used as a means to further the plot. On multiple occasions she tells Harry the answers to problems that must be solved (Harry finding the Chamber of Secrets and putting the screeching Egg Underwater) in order for the plot to progress. Is this sloppy writing by J.K.? Maybe, I can't decide.

Kek