WE'RE THE PLANETEERS

WE'RE THE PLANETEERS

YOU CAN BE ONE TOO

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuyahoga_River
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll be sexuality! Gimme dat ring bitch.

THE POWER IS YOURS

The only racially diverse group in ok with. also heart was the shittiest element

the two in the front totally banged, right?

>AND SAVING OUR OWN PLANET WITH THE HELP OF CAPTAIN LOU

I CALL DIBS ON THE POLLUTION RING!

Recess?
KND?
Ghostbusters?
Magic Schoolbus?

>generic black guy with a pseudo flattop being boring as hell
>stereotypical New Yorker asshole
>stuck up East European bitch
>Asian girl who nearly killed someone
>South American Native kid with a monkey

That's about it right?

I like that heart was the ring that saved the day in OK KO. Although I never really watched Captain Planet so maybe that was a common occurrence and people shit on it for no reason.

>haven't had a cold winter in years
>our local reefs are bleached
>local government is trying force out solar businesses with misleading amendments
>don't see large flocks of birds anymore
>people seem to fly off the handle at the drop of a hat like they're consumed by some kind of transfomers hate plague

I failed ya, Cap.

The ring of heart made Ma-Ti a fucking telepath. One would hope that a person chosen to be the avatar of heart would have moral objections to mind rape.

I dunno, Gaia gave him the power of heart because he stopped a panther (puma?) from eating another animal. Actually, it's not really explained how Gaia picks planeteers but the process doesn't seem that hard to get pass.

The other planeteers just givingup in OK KO destroyed me.

>Mind control
>Shitty

>East European
Soviet Russian.
Which is why her romance with Wheeler was so taboo.

Did Dr. Blight make anyone else feel funny?

Yes, especially in the new OK KO special

Got a screencap of her face when she says "WHO CARES?!"

Well fuck me, now I have to watch that

I WATCHED THE LE EBIN REFERENCE CARTOON TOO AND I CLAPPED

Zarm literally did nothing wrong.

Yes sir

NONE OF US ARE INDIAN

SO WE CAN POO IN LOO

You know how long until we actually go to far with climate change and kill ourselves, because when that happens it only take a few millennia for the earth to get back to normal which really isn't much in the grand scheme

I CLAP WHEN I SEE RLM REFERENCES

It was a joke destined to eat itself from the inside.

How do you fuck up a river so bad there's a Captain Planet episode about it?

The same way multiple people fuck up so bad that there's a giant island of garbage just floating around in the pacific.

Probably won't kill ourselves completely. There will be at least few who'll make a life underground and become Fraggles.

Thank you

how come I didn't have a problem with minorities but now I do?

You met some minorities I take it?

They claimed she was East European after 1991 though, and even in the earlier episodes I remember her getting pissed that Wheeler called her Soviet.

Her and Gaia can get it, especially Gaia. She had some surprisingly big breasts at times.

Whoops, I meant "that Wheeler called her Russian". Did average Joe Russians call themselves Russian back then, besides Soviets?

>Captain Planet was lame even back in the 90s
>he's in an episode of OK KO
>expect some kind of self aware episode about how lame he is
>its a completely straight faced episode that plays out exactly like an old episode of Captain Planet
Is this where we're at now? This shit was never cool. It was manufactured environmentalism being peddled to kids as something "cool" yet everyone I knew growing up hated it.

Now 25 years later I'm watching a cartoon that's made by a bunch of near 30 year olds like me, that expects us to go "Hey look its Captain Planet" and be excited about it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuyahoga_River

Internet radicalization?

I hated Captain Planet personally, but I also told my friends I hated a lot of shows that I secretly loved.

You probably knew a bunch of kids who never admitted to liking it because they don't want people to think they're fucking lame.

the OK K.O. Captain Planet crossover special was cute & amusing. I am all for Doctor Blight being a reoccurring character.

On the other hand, it was full of neoliberal horseshit. The planet is not in trouble because of that time you put your soda cans in the trash bin instead of the recycling bin, left your cell phone plugged in too long, and/or you took a lengthy shower. The state of the planet is the result of corporate greed & violence, industrial waste, and other things that come out of unchecked capitalism. Remember to not turn against your masters, Planeteers! GO PLANET!!!!!!!

Ted, why are you on Sup Forums?

SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT, OR I'LL FUCKIN' KILL YA.

When are you going to kill Pruitt?

Fire was the shittiest element. Wheeler wasn't allowed to do anything cool with it, ever.

That's because everyone was telling Wheeler to shut up, even when he had a legit point. Like you can't keep taking animals out of their habitats just because you want to help them.

Your right, but i think most people agree with the idea its more the corperations fault then it is ours. I think how much energy we use as people is more important then say saving water.

>we tried to fucking warn you idiots years ago but you wouldn't listen: the episode
>The great thing about global warming is that no one actually believes it

>I think how much energy we use as people is more important

No one will ever be willing to sacrifice their own personal enjoyment and comfort though. The modern city is a monumental drain on resources, but you don't see anyone saying people should live in small villages with 56k-like internet speed.

And on the subject of internet: something like 15-25% of the world's electricity is used for the web and associated technologies, and it's going to jump up when 5G gets even more widespread, considering that 3G uses 10x the power of wi-fi and 4G uses 5x the power of 3G.

But no one will be willing to give up their 4K video streaming to their smartphone on the train.

>tfw people are going to be smug assholes and close their eyes until the world is over

So, were literally fucked then. Well shit.....

Well, unless you can persuade people to go back to pure HTML geocities pages and text files.

So once again, the bullshit in our modern age can be traced back to the internet becoming an appealing and accessible thing to normies.

Fucking Apple (Facebook, Youtube, and Netflix get whoppings too).

The villains of this show are hilarious.

> "We're gonna fuck up this piece of nature! Nyahahaha"
But why?
> "Becaue pollution! Hohohohoho!"
Yeah but...WHY? What's the end goal? Money? Power?
> "NOPE! FUCK NATURE IS WHY! HAHAHAHAHAHA"

>It was manufactured environmentalism being peddled to kids as something "cool"

That's an adult way to look at it, and yes even kids back then looked at it that way. But when I was young, I looked at their power rings, their cool vehicles, Captain Planets super powers and how he used them, the overall positivity that shined through all the nasty shit that was around everyone, the rockin early 90s soundtrack.

I'll admit it. I loved Captain Planet. Even if it was hokey as shit and agenda driven.

Don't pretend Sup Forums wouldn't hate this show if it aired these days.

Verminous (and possibly Duke Nukem) would actually thrive in the environment they were going to create

I think Zarm was an actual chaos god

The others were retarded though. Even the ones that were in it for money, you think if they cared that much they'd find a get rich scheme that didn't cause the Planeteers to cost them a billion dollars every fucking month

I 100% agree, but also there's no way a Cartoon Network show would tell kids "contact your representatives, advocate for more controls on big business, and elect a government that won't roll back the Clean Power Plan".

You know, it never occurred to me, but captain planet villains are some of the pettiest people imaginable.

Holy shit!! I didn't know there's fan service in fucking captain planet

>On June 22, 1969, a river fire captured the attention of Time magazine, which described the Cuyahoga as the river that "oozes rather than flows" and in which a person "does not drown but decays".
>"does not drown but decays"

There's no reason, with good programming and a resilience towards bloat, we'd ever need a computer more powerful than a 1w SBC.

And this is without even talking about the servers and data centres themselves.

>"does not drown but decays"

Ankh river confirmed!

Yes, Captain Planet was lame. The only reason to watch was to see if Lynka got into some compromising situation, preferably with Dr. Blight. And even those situations were pretty lame, but imagination is a wonderful thing.

So Mati went and messedwith the natural order and made a panther lose its lunch?

So, the one who gets heart is an asshole.

>River on fire
Sounds like an average thing in India.

So is it canon that she was from somewhere like Ukraine?

Sounds like something out a video game

Aww man, i always hated this level.
That windy spike maze was a breeze when compared to this.

>2 captain planet threads in as many days

obvious pre-emptive viral seeding for revive series is obvious

>unchecked capitalism
Remember that time the commies accidentally an entire sea?

It's a "how do we approach the issue of overpopulation without seeming racist? oh yes, by making the white American kid who wants to have lots of kids when he grows up the focal character of the episode even though whites wanting to have large families is a rarity and you can mostly thank China, India, Africa, and Mexico for too many people being on the planet but, nooooooo let's go on pretending that the rare white person who wants 5 or 6 kids is the problem here lol" episode

Climate change is real. The question is if man made pollution seriously drives the change given C02 emissions dwell in comparison to what gets naturally released during volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, and anything else that naturally releases concealed carbons from underground. Methane emissions also come in ridiculous amounts from large animals simply living. Cow burps and farts release ridiculous amount of methane for an animal and are on par with that of a vehicle.

So the question is if climate change is something we should be looking to stop or something we are looking to brace ourselves for, especially given that even if it is manmade in majority, the masses aren't going to listen until bodies start dying.

A negro, a chink, a communist, a fuckboy and a retard.

The environment is fucked.

That's because-
Yeah pretty much this.

Like literally, he would argue the same point from both sides in different episodes and STILL be portrayed as the one in the wrong.

Why did Turner have such a boner for the Soviet Union when they were some of the most ecologically harmful assholes around?

I liked captain planet

OK KO seems like a pretty bad show.

I checked out the episode that was a shout out to RPG World which was fun because of the cameo but everything about the show itself seemed bad.

Also "how do we say Africa has too many people without being blamed for facilitating this for 40 years?"

The series is stupid, nature eats each other, even plants intentionally evolve ways to fatally fuck over other plants so they can grow better.

What exactly is Gaia's plan?

Also the whole reason the villains are so ridiculously over the top and seem to pollute just for the sake of polluting is so the kids watching wouldn't have to ask any hard questions regarding what their parents might do for a living.

>shoestring aglets have a sinister purpose
I still wanna know.

Don't cows sort of fall under the heading of man made pollution? Since we breed them so much for their meat and other products?

Though I guess that might be balanced out by stuff like us exterminating entire species of bovine.

i know it's real. I was talking about pic related being right sadly.
Actually watch it. The characters are entertaining.

As silly and campy as he was, he was still somehow managed to be cool and admirable in his own way.

>TFW there was a whole episode of Captain Planet about this very topic and they were right.
I really don't know how to feel about that...

>not being able to appreciate campy things

Let me guess, 60s batman is "too lame" for you?

But do you want to know more than you want to live?

The issue is that we're becoming more energy efficient with every single technology BUT the digital, which is skyrocketing with its usage.

the aral sucked anyway

... no?

>Did average Joe Russians call themselves Russian back then, besides Soviets?

Russians were always Russian, as Hungarians were Hungarian, Germans were German etc. 'Soviet' refers to a mode of government shared by members of the union (at least in theory). So while you might be from a country that was a member of the Soviet Union (ie. union of countries ruled through soviets) you would more likely refer to yourself as being from (your home country) than as a 'soviet'.

>It's a "how do we approach the issue of overpopulation without seeming racist?

"Hey guys, ya all using the majority of resource, control most of the world economy AND your tech basically downstreams to all those poor schmucks, so if you go green, they can't but follow. It'd also be easier for you because you're the minority of the planet's population. Just sayan."

>mostly thank to China

China culled its own population growth so hard it became a human right's issue and they're going out on their way to quit rolling coal right now.

That is, wireless data transmission. Need more power to send more data, that's fundamental physics. But that's actually getting more efficient too. Power use is going up, but data transmission per watt is also going up.

All he did was calm people the fuck down, he did it on humans and animals but that was all he did. In some episodes he communicated with his monkey pal but I think he even did that in episodes where he he had no ring to use so that was not even part of his ring's powersb

>YOU CAN BE ONE TOO
Only because the others keep giving their up for jobs that pay

>also heart was the shittiest element

That chick who has lesbian sex with her mom?

Demanding gif/webm with OK K.O. version of Captain Planet summoning.

>Though I guess that might be balanced out by stuff like us exterminating entire species of bovine.
It isn't. Man-made extinctions can't compare to the fact that, thanks to humanity, there are far, far more cows around than there were before the rise of human civilisation.

>heart was the shittiest element
Heart was objectively the best element, they just gave it to the most useless character.

>the absolute state of modern Western animation

Captain Planet is the worst superhero ever.

His job: Fighting evil polluters.
His weaknesses: Evil and pollution.

I mean what were they even thinking?