Are there any good comic book youtube channels?

Are there any good comic book youtube channels?

I'm struggling to find a channel that discusses weekly favorites, ongoings, shit like that.

I know about Comicstorian and Comic Pop but they're both pretty bad imo.

help. :(

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/fascistfrog
youtube.com/watch?v=U5dGx7vRtqA
youtube.com/channel/UC4sdNaRsJE5U5kVgWCe22Ew
youtube.com/watch?v=icMK0_kusy0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Was I wrong to ask this question or is there nothing out there?

WhatCulture Comics is pretty good.

Strip Panel Naked is the only good comics youtuber.

Thanks for the tips, I'll check those two out.

Your first mistake is looking for youtubers, since youtube is inherently broken with their fucked up monetization rules and policing algorithm that favors normie digestible trash or clickbait.

No it isn't. They don't actually like comics.

I saw 1 Comicstorian video and it was about Captain Cold's past that was so inaccurate it was funny. They say Golden Glider once went by Chillblaine for example.

Ethan van Sciver recently starting doing commentary on some of his issues. Mainly his Green Lantern and Flash art.
youtube.com/user/fascistfrog

Make one yourself, make a little youtube money.

Word! You don't need to listen to their empty chatter and stupid nonsense. They simply confirm what you already know, man.

Do your own programme, work that magic! You might stumble a little at the beginning, but then you move on, innovate, and make something truly special and it just works!

youtube.com/watch?v=U5dGx7vRtqA

I did this intelligent Joker satire as my own writer/editor/producer/colore corrector/sound designer with a very great actor Jay Nelson (based on a fellow Sup Forums user recommendation) while also getting a permission to use Mr. Hamill's vocals (after all, he did it with his Trump rants, so it wasn't a big deal) and very proud of what I've managed to accomplish.

Sure it doesn't get enough recognition and it won't make 10,000 views (maybe at some other point, when I have more projects up my sleeve), but at least Mark Hamill supported us 8 times on Twitter and promoted it through his followers.

And then we also got some support from:

* Will Friedle (Terry McGinnis/Batman Beyond), Alex Maleev, Paul Gulacy

* Wesley Burt (Arkham Origins concept artist), Dan Jurgens, Walt Simonson

* Jerry Ordway, J. M. DeMatteis, Mico Suayan, Paul Gulacy, Dan Mora

* David Michelinie, Patrick Zircher, John Semper Jr. (Spider-Man: The Animated Series creator & Cyborg writer)

* Charlie Schlatter (the voice of the Flash in a lot of WB shows, including Justice League Action), James Tucker (of the Brave & The Bold Fame), Chris McKay (Lego Batman/Nightwing), Mike Carlin (Creative Director/Animation at DC Entertainment)

Athena Finger (the granddaughter of Bill Finger himself) and many other talented and well-respected creators & artists.

So, don't be afraid to experiment! That's all that we, creative folks, got, really.

youtube.com/channel/UC4sdNaRsJE5U5kVgWCe22Ew

Shit post for wankers.

Theres one channel called Fortress of Solitude that does pure comic reviews [and a few comic related topic vids]

thing i like about it is the guy doesn't do any of that shitty click bait title thumbnail garbage that alot of place like Comicstorian do. just week to week comic reviews.

Comicbookcast2

John Campea

>sooo guys

>Comicbookcast2

All downhill since those guys left them. channel is nothing more than Clickbait shit now.

I was kidding about that part, I watch his vids so i can listen to something while i grind in video games. I'm getting really annoyed by his clickbait and infinity war spoilers in his thumbnails though. Do you think john campea is any good?

Their Flash video says it all.

Campea is ok i guess. he do can get really click baity with some of his stuff and there are times when he gets real butthurt about something.

does he even read comics, all i ever see him talk about are films and tv

No, they either talk about the movies, rant about how terrible all comics are, or suck up to every company for revenue, mainly Marvel. Read shit and make your own opinion.

Watching shitty youtube videos about comics is exactly whats wrong with this board and the fucking fandom.

Seriously you guys are twelvie faggots who might as well watch shitty video game youtubers.

CapedJoel is also a good one.

Wouldn't you like a comic book show with a few people talking about the books they grabbed that week?

I'm realizing that comic book youtube channels are very different from what I expected. I thought it would be people talking about new books and their opinions on them, favorite parts, etc., kind of like the booktubers. Instead it's weird history lessons on obscure characters and plot summaries for people who want to learn about comics but don't actually like reading them. It's strange.

>Wouldn't you like a comic book show with a few people talking about the books they grabbed that week?

the podcast "The Comic Multiverse" does just that

>Wouldn't you like a comic book show with a few people talking about the books they grabbed that week?

I enjoy comics but this shit right there is cringe worthy mate. Comics aren't a high art medium, every once in a while we get a Moore or a Gaiman but majority of comicbooks are low level popcorn flicks with shit or art or really amazing art.

You know who talks about books they grabbed that week? Discussion boards? Here you can actually discuss your comics and talk about it. You don't need shitty youtube videos forming opinions for you like sheep.

>Instead it's weird history lessons on obscure characters and plot summaries for people who want to learn about comics but don't actually like reading them. It's strange.

Weird history is more interesting than anything else. A lot of casual fags don't discuss weird history so I can see why some dumbfuck probably puts vidoes on it. Even then its fucking dumb.

You can simply have once again discussions about that or listen to podcasts. Podcasts about comics are much more interesting and also talk about comics they grabbed that week.

The one I follow for spiderman is the crawlspace podcast.

Wouldn't that make it the perfect channel for Sup Forums

diversity and comics :^)

God that fucker. I got him in a group. Son of a bitch even translates it.

Try Beyond the Longbox.
youtube.com/watch?v=icMK0_kusy0

I watch The Weekly Pull which features Comicstorian, Comicsexplained, ComicPop and Caped Joel. It's usually a fun show.

Individually I like ComicPop and ComicsExplained but only ComicPop does week to week discussion videos (The Pull).

Other youtubers are fun too (diversity & comics is hilarious) but they get too marred in the politics of comic creators or twitter beef (which can be entertaining in itself).

No, they're all pretty awful. It's the same with cartoons, no good YouTube channels

this, everyone else in this thread watches shit