What did Harvey Weinstein do to this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/leap-ballerina-film-reviews-tell-different-story-153080.html
youtube.com/watch?v=L2L7UfEfQ7I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We all know...

Thats a very sexy girl user. Whats her name?

So for a French movie it was pretty good but for an American movie, we have higher standards?

me on the left

Americlaps are plebs

Did he rape the critics too?

Literally nothing.

The girl wasn't the ballet type. She had so much more energy dancing on tabletops...

I don't get it, was the film recut or something?

me on the right

Why is that older man fondling that boy in drag?

But seriously though what did Weinstein do that caused the other jews to betray him? Aren't they supposed to help their own kind?

ever read "The Lottery"?

>Applauding mouth breathers have refined tastes.

As it turns out, OP, none of us fucking know! I can only assume it's a Dooogle / Magic Roundabout situation.

claps have better taste than ahmeds

I wanna cut to the feeling!

cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/leap-ballerina-film-reviews-tell-different-story-153080.html

Seems that way.

Not even into little girls but I fuckin' love this persons art. It's so...I don't know, it reminds of Wednesday Addams, in that you know when she gets older and develops sexual urges, they're going to be dark as fuck, and no matter how hard she tries to act normal there's that lingering darkness inside.

Plus the eyes look cool.

Yes! I loved that story. I can't believe that Hunger Games aped it and became more popular. I guess that makes sense now that you say it. They do end up "catching" one of these fellows every once in a while to keep the general populace off their trail and make people think it's rare and being taken care of. Like Epstein. I guess it's a risk you take for being in that "business."

>french
>taste
All their stuff is degenerate. Even Family Guy is more wholesome than most french trash.

>girl
I've got some bad news for you, user.

I thought Hunger Games aped Battle Royale

It has elements of both.
But you're replying to a dipshit Sup Forumsfag, so don't waste your time.

Little bit of columns A and B, I'm thinking.

I think you're giving Family Guy too much credit.

I liked Ballerina. Did they really change anything other than the title?

Thanks. Now I'll have to try to find a UK version of Ballerina to see if it is significantly different from Leap.

As for the US release of Leap, the biggest faults I felt were: too much jumping between scenes/too little pacing made all the scenes feel like they had less impact, the ending dance-off resolution felt like an ass-pull to make the protagonist "win" rather than maturing, and the evil stepmother bit at the end was just forced to feel like a Disney movie. I wouldn't recommend it either unless you're a big fan of the current 3D animation wave, in which case it's just okay but does look nice.

I saw the dub and couldn't get through the movie because the main characters sounded like adults in their mid-thirties

Shut-up Ahmed!
Don't you have some babies to rape before stoning them to death?

That kinda shit drives me nuts. Anime dubs suffer from that a lot, which was one of the reasons why I really liked Soul Eater, because Maka actually SOUNDED her age. Everyone told me to watch Baccano, but I couldn't stand it right from the start when some kid that couldn't have been more than 8 sounded 38.

ADV did that shit like it was going out of style. They had a cast of like 5 and just rushed out dubs with as little effort or variety as they could. The results were predictably terrible.

Fucking christ, just hire appropriate VAs.

I thought anime was the opposite. The character is 20, looks 14 and sounds 8. Kids sounding like adults in cartoons is so common now that I've gotten used to it.

in the Japanese dub, maybe. In English dubs, they all sound like the same aging voicecast that we've been stuck with for however long.

He made a lot of people who are not affected by his actions in any way, upset. So now they write smear reviews without seeing the movie because all of a sudden he's a bad guy over night.

The current string of japanese anime all star children. It's pretty much a fad to have your main character in the 10-15 range. So they're voice acted by a person in their 30s, aged in their teens and sounds like a child. Frequently looks like a child as well.

Completely different script and voice actors

VAs, obviously. But did they change the story or something?

I havent watched either version. Thats just what I've gathered.

look at that skintight ballerina dress, there is nothing down there

You're the bottomless pit of the Western Civilization: you don't know what does it mean "high standars".

This is just another case of bad tastes

Am I the only one who prefers adult VAs? Kids are awful at emoting on purpose and even if it's real (like throwing a tantrum or trying to persaude adults) it sounds over dramatic or autistic.
It's not even just for kids shows. Like imagine if Big Mouth or Family Guy used actual kids? It'd be much less funny and borderline revolting with the jokes.

This. I'd rather have a 30 year professional actor voice a kid over an actual kid with little to no experience or skills.

While I can very clearly see your point: it's difficult to find a child actor that can actually ACT, there's something about hearing an age appropriate voice that really sells a character. Even if the actor has to pretend to be younger, find someone that can actually do so. Do some research and spend some time listening to the way that age group speaks, then work to recreate that. Don't just try to have a higher-pitched voice and call it a day.

i dont know what a "stan-dar" is, but when i find out, i'll tell u

>Average ratings
>5.7
>4.8
This is a good example of how Rotten tomatoes works. Most people thought Ballerina was just above passable while most people thought Leap was just under passable, but that small change halved the tomato score.

I was going to be reasonable and say it probably came down to different tastes but since you're going to be a cunt I'm going to say it's because the French are fags

youtube.com/watch?v=L2L7UfEfQ7I

>the French are fags

I can't agree more with you

Pls yankee, go make the grammar nazi(type mislead in this case) elsewhere

I guess but again, if the kid does do the voice acting (like the Loud House or Steven Universe, shows that try to educate kids) they sound autistic. Because they have to play everything straight and don't sound natural. But if you have a woman playing a young naive kid it sounds better. Men that play kids for comedies and don't try at all (like GF and Big Hero 6) sound better. And even shows like South Park that use high pitched male VA's is better. Just because it's less jarring, less cringy, and less off-putting when the kid says something a kid wouldn't say in real life. That's my opinion anyway.

Okay, yeah, I can agree that women playing young male characters sounds a bit better, but the problem that I see is when you have a young female character - I've heard so many terrible attempts that I'm just forever bitter about that sort of thing. Especially so, since I pretend to be an amature VA, so my view is hyper-opinionated and probably shit.

Oh definitely. I was talking about young boy voices but it's much more difficult to nail the younger girl voice. Both genders can do the boy and sometimes both can do the older woman. Adult playing a little girl? I've yet to hear a good one. From either that or even appropriate age VA.

>There is one example that glaringly feels like an addition made to the US film...
>At one point, a character actually says, 'It's Hammer Time". Yes, an M.C. Hammer reference in a movie set in 19th Century France.
Oh America.

Go back to tumblr.

>Ahmed
But I'm not the French one?

America is the country that made Grown-Ups 2 a success.

We have fuck all for standards.

This is why I stick with Based Latin Spanish Dubs

It's 5.7/10. It's okay.

>degenerate
"fuck" are bleeped in Rick and Morty.

>type mislead
French are uneducated retards t finn

>he fell for the Jews will always help each other meme

Might as well ask why whenever a non-Jewish white person gets in serious trouble, his fellow white race doesn't help him. I mean come on, Weinstein groped Terry Crews.

>19th century
>redhead is looking modern as fuck with jean shorts and everything

Huh?

Harvey molested the quality out of it.

I get what you mean.

I think what rotten tomatos also needs is a way to show only the average for the rotton reviews or only the fresh reviews.

The Weinstein Company is notoriously shit at bringing European movies to America. They invariably fuck it up and redub everything with awful jokes that weren't in the original.

Case in point: The Magic Roundabout is a charming little British film from 2005 (based on an old French puppet TV show) that has a warm sense of adventure to it and some sharp wit. It stars the likes of Bill Nighy and Tom Baker, ie the cream of the British crop.

Then the Weinsteins got their hands on it. It was completely redubbed with American actors like Jimmy Fallon and Whoopi Goldberg, rewritten to include fart jokes and pop culture references, and just generally twisted beyond recognition to produce an utter steaming pile called 'Doogal' (which, incidentally, is also a fuckup as the main character's name is spelt 'Dougal').

It bombed. Hard. And it's now considered one of the worst animated movies ever produced.

So in short, fuck Harvey Weinstein. Glad this prick is going down.

>5.7 vs a 4.8

this is why ever taking RT seriously is fucking stupid. It's a pass/fail system so 73% just means it made the cut like grade D beef, it dosn't mean it's good, hence why RT had to pull the "Certified Fresh" tag when people were wising up.

It use to do that but it went through some changes when BvS RT score became a meme.

>RT had to pull the "Certified Fresh" tag
But they still use it.

The real question is who did Harvey Weinstein piss off that suddenly all the blackmail material they had on him was suddenly released along with a coordinated media smear campaign?

This who story is like a comic book arc, where someone important pisses off the Kingpin or Lex Luthor or the like, and their life is suddenly publicly ruined in days.

Now there's a fresh contemporary reference that their young target will instantly get!

lame bait

> look mommie i was butthurt and told a board person i belonged more than he did

Terry Crews didn't name the groper and I doubt it was Weinstein, articles with sources inside the company say that the shady "casting couch" type meetings Weinstein had with starlets were never arranged for men

I live in Poland so i guess i'll have a good cut available.

They don't call him Havey Scissorhands for nothing.