New Super-Man #16 Storytime

Time for Kenan to go back to The Very Beginning...

"Equilibrium" Part Two!

now they kiss

Action Comics: Detective Comics: JLA: Metal: Support your local comic shop!

thanks OP

Nice. Kenan is guest starring in Supergirl too.

Damn, I'm surprised DC allowed the artist draw them like this.

>D&RofSM themed costume
Nice

>Discarded fold of history
Reminds me of the time I tried googling detective comics #1 and almost everything was about Batman's first issue

I appreciate he didn't incinerate him, I guess, but he just gave him frostbite.
I guess it's fitting though that he won't be able to hurt anyone else with his hands again.

Better off than this guy though!

that transformers reference (age of extinction did great in china, the last knight didn't do so good because of lack of chinese stuff)!

>That black suit
BASED

what if Mingming is like his sister?

what's china's stance on incest again?

>Batman is just gliding
They really want to make him look like he's pulling his own weight, don't they. Despite how silly it looks.

>Turns into a giant robot
Nice.

Weird, ship just gained some worth to me. Gotta stop browsing /gif/.

> one of Chinese myths have two half-snake brother and sister fuck each other to populate/repopulate the earth

Which body part was the qi for ice breath?

His mouth, probably.

>Kenan likes Christmas cakes and doesn't want to fuck Doctor Omen
What shit taste he has but I like that for once there is a main character who enjoys cakes. Anyway thanks for convincing me to pick up the first trade, I'm nearly finished with it this morning and I'm planning on picking up the second volume today. I'm still mad there's no Aqua Man of China, hopefully we're going to get to see the other Chinese Justice Leauge equivalents.

I'm curious how well a New Super-Man movie would do in the Chinese box office. For once there's a legit great ethnic character being written but it doesn't seem like him or his cast are gaining traction or popularity.

Kenan speaks English now?

Where's the long 90s hair???

Mouth. One more power left head/sky/strong

Dr. Omen probably downloaded the info while he was in the tank

Superman: Grounded

He probably picked stuff up from his time with Lex, the Multiversity thing, or hanging with the Superfamily after the Zod fight.

It's Engrish so at most he knows only a few words.

that's exactly the point, it's supposed to be shitting on the 1930s, notice how it's just an 'illusion' - the 'true' version is more on-line with the reality

what a good comic book, damn

New Super-man isn't selling very good in China (or at least enough to make a movie)?

what about in the US with the chinese-american community?

Funny, I would've thought transformers would be more Keenan's thing

People are wary of picking up stuff like new super-man due to what Marvel has done with it's ethnic characters.
Looks at the comment section of DC's facebook page and most people think Kenan is a legacy character replacing clark or just clark 2.0 but asian.

This is too good to be cancelled

i thought it won't end with 18?
damn, the ignorance is hurtful.

>what about in the US with the chinese-american community?
I have no idea since I'm a Caucasian English person

I like that it seems to be a deconstruction of Super-Man stuff we know like how Clark hides his identity behind a pair of glasses but Kenan instantly revealed his identity which was pretty funny. I like how he isn't a complete retard and actually comes up with a decent plan here and there at times.

i mean are there articles about them liking/hating/being indifferent to it?

then again if the unintended target audience is bigger than the target audience, i guess that's a hit.

>those Triads dindu nuffin
Didn't know Yang was such an apologist for organized crime because muh countrymen

What surprises me are the people who claim it to be yellow-washing and shit when they haven't even read it and it is actually written by an Asian person instead of a white person which is what normies or at least PC and SJWs people have been screaming for wanting for years and they just ignore the book completely.

I know nothing about Slam Bradley, but he was that jerk?

feel that situation (people complain about something, response goes unnoticed) is similar but can't figure out what it is.

'New Super-man' is ending but Kenan's story will continue, which probably mean Justice League of China

oh.

i thought they meant it'll be an ongoing.

still, we might get more grass mud horse.

In context he was technically fighting members of a gang, even though the story itself was stereotyping the Chinese in a pretty bad way.
Although in some of those earliest appearances he could be pretty rude too.

This was the official request for that character, in 1936, by Wheeler-Nicholson:

>We want a detective hero called 'Slam Bradley.' He is to be an amateur, called in by the police to help unravel difficult cases. He should combine both brains and brawn, be able to think quickly and reason cleverly and able as well to slam bang his way out of a bar room brawl or mob attack. Take every opportunity to show him in a torn shirt with swelling biceps and powerful torso ala Flash Gordon.

Bear in mind that his last issue was in 1949.

Shouldn't this have been the cover for the last issue?

>They've taken pleasure in our pain.

Ah yes, those evil white men just busting in to peaceful, beautiful China and killing everyone.

Not like Chinese have been warring and killing each other for centuries or have an entire period of history famous for it.

No sir, everything was fine until whitey showed up wanting all their pretty Chinaman stuff.

I wonder if Kenan will call him out on his bullshit, eventually.

Hell yeah, motherfucker

Badly.

If DC was Marvel, Slam Bradley would be fighting the Champions at the moment

This is hilarious if you don't realize those are gang members.

Fuck's sake, Baixi.

Underrated post

>Lex is evil again because reasons

fuck off

You could at least wait till it's out.

it's cancer. He discovers he has a tumor and goes fuck it, I'm evil again.

shit cover

nice cover

I'm fucking salty Chang went on Nightwing instead of this book. Maybe when it gets relaunched we can finally get Chang? I just want an artist who can actually draw Kenan to look like an Asian.

Considering Chinese American History, Opium wars/The War for Drugs,
colonial wars, the looting and destruction of priceless & Timeless Chinese cultural treasures/monument.

They have the right to be mad.
The funny thing is All-Yang is right, even if his Historical Refs are fully-accurate down-to-the-letter.

>those Flash hips
HNNNG

Rebirth really is a return of the 90s.

BIG MISTAKE.. Attack the original JL.

gweilo pls

That's the second time we had this joke
And it's just as good

>>Kenan likes Christmas cakes and doesn't want to fuck Doctor Omen
Oedipus pleas, you are dead

>detect an energy signature that looks like Superman
>shoot a missile at it without checking

Yeah, this is totally on them.

this

did the writer not read that original comic? the dude fought organized crime, not random chingchongs

lol

I'm back from my LCS and picked up the second trade, what are the sales like for this series?

To get more discussion going what would a meeting between Damian Wayne and Kenan be like? Something tells me those two would get along pretty well.

this is fucking garbage

>what are the sales like for this series?

REALLY BAD

Around 11,00o, and its ending next issue. However Yang has said the story will continue, and rumours suggest he could be writing either a Justice League of China series or a new Justice League International with Kenan as one of the members.

Bad enough that it's ending with issue 18, though there's speculation that it'll be relaunched

Did you troglodytes miss the part where Kenan's mind/spirit was pulled there by an evil shapeshifting ghost who was trying to (and succeeded at) manipulating him into finding a powerful relic which will put him on the path to becoming the new Emperor Superman?

I think All-Yang is trying to keep that bit of information away from Keenan. Easier to sway him that way

I'm a little surprised that DC allowed Yang to chastise their past like this

I'm glad it's happening but I'm just shocked he's getting away with it

>Kenan
>Smart enough to do something like that

Considering that All-Yang is trying to manipulate Kenan into being the next Emperor Superman, it's probably more that All-Yang is showing half-truths to garner sympathy from Kenan

>it's okay that the chinese people all look exactly alike and are super stereotyped because they're meant to be bad people!
seriously? how do you miss the point THIS hard

Finally the Trinities will meet. Been waiting for that for a while.
Among other things, I hope this will lead to something like Batman Inc 2.0.