Mister Miracle #3:

Mister Miracle #3:

All Hail Highfather!

Variant

Normally, I'd like seeing you Forager...but sometimes tells me your cameo isn't going to be subtle

Oh wow.

Well, that's the end of that.

Thanks for dropping by Lightray.

Alright, this is the best page of this series so far.
Nice, King.

Oh shit, I think I'm actually starting to care about this version of Scott.

Well, outside a few overwriting nitpicks, this issue was actually successful in making me hopeful that it's going to start picking up soon.

And that's it for this month!

Ew

What is Scott doing? Late Night with Godfrey is the better show.

This issue felt very lazy from Gerards.

It's actually the worse.

Feels like a relief after how issue 1 overplayed its hand with that phrase.

It's too tongue in cheek, has that stupid sarcastic tone that plagues most comics today in which it feels like the writer is right in front of you, shoving the comic in your face and saying "isn't this silly, dear reader? it's silly, right? just look how silly it is".

so is this regular old mind control plot?
or Omega Sanction?

I noticed on reddit that every time we see a "Darkseid is" panel, the following panel flows on.

So in this case, "I love you Darkseid" and "Darkseid is everyone" is a possible clue here.

It's no Omega Sanction.

A lot of this comic is too tongue in cheek. Like how King keeps re-using original series Kirby captions.

So, it's not a high bar there.

I think "Anti-Life INfection" like Scott suggests makes the most sense at this point.

>A lot of this comic is too tongue in cheek
Indeed, but that particular page is still over the edge.

It's right around the same level of too self-facing as calling Scott "the" Son of God.

Nah, that's just forcing something into the plot.

>them Mr Miracle sneaks
Nice

True, you're right there.
Overall though, I just hope this issue means we're past most of the bullshit and can get into this premise.

>Orion reveals his Apokalyptian face and calls it the Face of God
Yep, everyone's infected

That's a terrible Christmas story to tell children.

Is this paneling supposed to be a joke?

It's meant to be complex and groundbreaking.

What about it?

Stop being an autist, King and Gerards admit they aren't trying to break new ground they just wanna try out 3x3

That's his Apokoliptean face?

He's right you know.

It's hard to tell when Gerads makes everyone look ugly

>projecting

And hilarious enough, Orion's true face isn't ugly enough.

Everyone who isn't a Morrisonfag knows he's right

Catholics not Christians confirmed

Why would Granny tell stories about Christmas at all?

Because King doesn't know how else to write the Fourth other than as an extension of our world.

Well, as i remember from little number of Mister Miracle comics i have read, Apocolyps was indeed influenced by Earth culture (that assassin styled himself as Renessainse Italian, Bedlam, if i was not mistaken, LARPed as Prussian military). Was it such a barren wasteland that they hundered after culture breadcrumbs from such inferior Earth?

user Kirby had Cowboy and Sumo New Gods. Stop talking out your ass.

>Sonny Sumo
>New God

If you don't know what you're talking about, shush.

He's a New God in our hearts.

>King and Kingfags are too dumb to understand Morrison even when he spells it out in-book

>Kingfags
>aka the people who were praising King's masterful usage of Darkseid Is in #1

Triggered

It has a lot of going honestly, with how media and social platform play role (has to be satirical) to using intertext in form of Kirby's caption and decontextualizing and recontextualizing them. I know people meme about how comics should be judged when the story is complete but that really does apply here.

... okay...

>oy vey remember six-and-a-half million!

Checked.

I had no idea that someone this pleb could exist.

Why not award us with your intellectual scrutiny my man? Or maybe a cerebral retort of some sort?

Darkseid is using Anti-Life. The end. King is telling a simple story incredibly dragged out and needlessly "complex".

this distorted art works really well with black metal

You do know that's just layman's description of what you assume the entire plot is, right? Watchmen was just a murder mystery, sometimes the plot in a layered piece happens to be very basic and it's not the plot that we praise the book for.
Also you didn't really refute my point from earlier.

damn...a very atmospheric issue in an atmospheric story

How come the variants are so much better than the main cover.

Am I supposed to wear 3D glasses in order to understand the visuals?

Buy a physical book, stop viewing it on the mobile or get your eyes checked.

>blaming the reader

Is this the power of Kingkino?

No, just the power of incessant shitposting, obviously inferior to yours. Keep bumping the thread though, good job on that.

I think he's shifting it into his Darkseid Face and its breaking reality as he does so.

You. Just. Don't. Get. It.

This is obviously going to get a trade right?
RIGHT?

So Anti-Life turns your life into a Chris Ware comic?

Truly frightening.

That's actually pretty insulting. Ware's comics are actually even more subtle than this dreg.

Why wouldn't it?

>Chris Ware
>Subtle

His comics create outlandish caricatures of humanity and then humiliates them for the reader to feel emotions cheaper than a Hallmark card.

He is not subtle.

That's what I meant. Read that sentence again and check your reading comprehension.

A deluxe hardcover with a intro by a iconic comics legend.

>Ware's comics are actually even more subtle

That's what you said and you're wrong.

>only Ware writes about depression
Am I supposed to be impressed that you can name-drop one of the most revered indie cartoonist or supposed to laugh at your casualfaggotry because that's the only book you can link this to?

Yeah, Ware is so unsubtle that this is even outdoing it in that area.

Ware's no the only one that writes about depression but he's the only one that writes about it in such a yuppie-flavored ham fisted inorganic way.

Well, him and possibly King.

i mean given the idea of the pantheons and the map of the multverse, yhwh is out there, jesus is out there, christmas would probably be known by the other gods

It gets canceled.

What Ware arguably does and what you are describing isn't just limited to Ware comics and here. So you are a casual, nothing wrong with being a casual though, just drop the smug Iknowitall and Ishitpostaboutitall act.

the photo she posted is of the second pic where miracle is smiling less if no one caught that

It sold over 40k for both issues, it won't get cancelled.

>so is this regular old mind control plot?
Everyone fucking knew it was from issue 1.

Depressed Scott is a trip.

That's the point Ware isn't subtle yet STILL manages to be more subtle than this

So this is telling a story elading up to final crisis?

No that can't be it.

Just trying to see how this fits in the current Rebirth.

Darseid is a baby.

Wow, I can't believe this comic is selling like that.

It's just the power of Sup Forums, you're not allowed to criticize their favorite books