I just saw this cover for Runaways #2

I was a big marvel fanboy up to like a year or two ago when I stopped reading anything coming out from them.
Before that I wasn't even a Runaways fan but FML.
Is this really how bad its gotten?!

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/filename/1507003286192.png/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Runaways always sucked.

The original Runaways run was awesome. Since then it's been weird. Its the Ultimate YA IP so of course Marvel is going to fill it with toxic politics.

Was the resemblance to a dime store romance novel intentional?

Storytime when? Preferably in a different thread.

I didn't buy this shit.
I Just wanted to see if you guys are still reading marvel and if it is this cringe tier SJW bullshit across the board?

Gert was always tumblr's wet dream

How is this "cringe tier SJW bullshit"? I don't see it.

Yeah, if only Marvel could go back to creating masterpieces like this.

Or this

do you generally need things spelled out for you in block letter capitals

I knew it was only a matter of time till nu right Sup Forums started turning on its faves because of the she boogeyman. What's next? Spider-Man loves Mary Jane?

Because what is suppose to be a super hero comic now seems to be covering a love triangle story arc of some chubby purple haired girl.
This is suppose to be escapist fantasy about super humans not tumblr slash fiction.

OK, I know this might be a little complicated for you user, but that cover is probably what most people call a "visual joke" based on the fact that the book is probably about to involve some time travel problems that among other things will involve Chase and Gert's relationship.

>complaining about fucking Runaways being about tween drama
>superhero comics can ONLY be this one specific thing made ONLY for me and no one else, ever, even though I admittedly don't buy or read the books anymore

>now seems to be covering a love triangle story arc of some chubby purple haired girl.
user, you fucking idiot. That cover doesn't depict a love triangle. It depicts Chase from the future reaching out a hand to save Gert, who is in Past Chase's arms, because Gert died in Chase's arms.
If you actually read the comic, you would know that. The story is about Chase using Gert's parents' time machine to change events and save her so that instead Chase saves Gert, and Chase is knocked out and thinks Gert died in the fire.

What are you taking about super hero comic? Runaways has always been teen drama. This fake outrage is retarded.

I think I can barely grasp that concept thanks.
Like I said I haven't been reading any marvel for about 2 years so any story context I have no fucking idea about.

Also, Gert has ALWAYS been a chubby girl with purple hair since her debut in fucking 2003.

I'm guessing this is some YouTube celebs fanboy parroting his dumbass opinions.

Gert was cool, everyone was in the original book. Idk what they plan to do now. Issue 1 wasn't bad either.

>not liking Gert x Chase
This guy. The time travel stuff is more annoying than any romance stuff.

This is a call back to events from last months and 2006.

This was actually a good issue.

I kind of thought they were going to ignore Klara and Victor, but nope

Go back to youtube to watch your shitty D&C videos.

>runaways
>superhero

well you clearly didn't read it

then stop shitposting about what you have no reference frame four. This is what's wrong with Sup Forums

> I don't read comics but I feel entitled to talk about them like I know anything
Aren't you late for class

I feel like I need to reiterate.
I don't read runaways, I haven't read marvel in years.
when browsing for comics to read I saw this cover and that added to all the shit I keep hearing about the state of marvel it looked to me like it really has just become pandering to the tumblr crowd etc so I came Sup Forums to ask peoples opinions of the state of MARVEL comics atm.

NO I didn't

> I HAVE TO BE A COMPLETE FUCKING NEWFAG INSTEAD OF READING BOOKS, SPOONFEED ME
have you considered killing yourself

desuarchive.org/co/search/filename/1507003286192.png/

>I get all my information from D&C
kys

If you have no context then why are you fucking yapping about it?

A youtuber told him to

ffs really?

I need to make youtube videos telling him to kill himself.......

Unless you put out 5 videos a day complaining about SJWs then you'll never get a big enough fanbase of non-comic readers that like the pretend they read comics by watching youtube videos about them for him to notice.

>I don't read comics
>I don't know a single thing about this series
>I don't know who any of these characters are
>I don't understand the context of this cover
>BUT I'M MAD ANYWAYS
The problem was never SJWs. It was always outragefags who pretend to care about comics as an excuse to get OUTRAGE'd. SJWs were always the most obnoxious and largest subset of outragefags which is why they always got the most hate, but boy fucking howdy, you people are rapidly trying to out-do them on the obnoxious outragefag front.

You're not quite there yet, but you're getting pretty close.

>thicc girl in submissive pose longing for heterosexual relations with hot boys

What's so bad about that? This looks like the sort of thing SJWs are allergic to.

See:
user doesn't actually read comics, particularly not the Runaways. He saw a chubby girl with purple hair and got triggered, despite the fact that the chubby girl with purple hair was created in two thousand and fucking three.

Damn. Don't show this idiot a picture of Quinten Quire or he'll really have an cow.